search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2017, 08:12 PM   #141
Dale

Likes (Received): 5494

Please understand that I want the best for Tampa. And my son lives there and is a med student at USF. He's looking forward to eventually taking some classes downtown.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2017, 09:37 PM   #142
NaqoyqatZ

Likes (Received): 182

You don't have to defend that statement. It's all a matter of perspective. Compared to many metros Tampa is not exactly building at such a breakneck pace while absolutely booming compared to other areas (or Tampa in recent decades).
NaqoyqatZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #143
CubanBread

Likes (Received): 391

It's perspective as well. As a Tampanian living in Dallas I can tell you that for me anytime I visit Tampa is seems like a completely different world. We may not be building at the rate of some cities but our metro as a whole is coming into its own.
This past month I've visited Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis... literally in every city I've ran into someone that tells me how much they love Tampa Bay. I'm training a guy from Chicago right now that spent some time in Tampa and he can't wait to move back.

Off topic, but after being in the Midwest for so long it finally dawned on me how secluded and unique Tampa and Florida really is. From Lexington you can get to Chicago, Nashville, Louisville, Cincinnati, Michigan, Atlanta, Columbus etc... all within a 6 hour Drive.

If you speed the entire way you can maybe get to Atlanta in 6 hours but it's unlikely.

Brian72 liked this post
CubanBread no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #144
Brian72

Likes (Received): 963

We spent 3 days in Nashville a few weeks ago, it is very similar to Tampa in terms of size and has some really great neighborhoods....it is about the same size minus Pinellas.

They are totally different in offerings but have the same hipster revival of neighborhoods with breweries and revitalized older neighborhoods that reminded me of what is happening in Tampa heights or areas of St Pete.

Surely I wasn't able to assess much in 3 days but the city felt similar and has the same growth visible.

Good central location to live also...
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #145
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanBread View Post
It's perspective as well. As a Tampanian living in Dallas I can tell you that for me anytime I visit Tampa is seems like a completely different world. We may not be building at the rate of some cities but our metro as a whole is coming into its own.
This past month I've visited Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis... literally in every city I've ran into someone that tells me how much they love Tampa Bay. I'm training a guy from Chicago right now that spent some time in Tampa and he can't wait to move back.

Off topic, but after being in the Midwest for so long it finally dawned on me how secluded and unique Tampa and Florida really is. From Lexington you can get to Chicago, Nashville, Louisville, Cincinnati, Michigan, Atlanta, Columbus etc... all within a 6 hour Drive.

If you speed the entire way you can maybe get to Atlanta in 6 hours but it's unlikely.
Well, let's be honest, the vast majority of people don't consider cities for their urban form. The prime considerations are things job market, affordability, weather and proximity to water.
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:20 PM   #146
NaqoyqatZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Well, let's be honest, the vast majority of people don't consider cities for their urban form. The prime considerations are things job market, affordability, weather and proximity to water.
You're probably right, but after visiting another city with good layout and nice density you tend to notice the faults here more. I spent a few days in Buffalo and absolutely loved the layout and how everything I wanted was within walking distance. The times a car was needed there was hardly any traffic at all. We won't go into the weather though . In the end you have to go with what pays I guess.
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:36 PM   #147
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaqoyqatZ View Post
You're probably right, but after visiting another city with good layout and nice density you tend to notice the faults here more. I spent a few days in Buffalo and absolutely loved the layout and how everything I wanted was within walking distance. The times a car was needed there was hardly any traffic at all. We won't go into the weather though . In the end you have to go with what pays I guess.
There's no traffic in Buffalo because there are no people. They all moved to Charlotte.
Old July 18th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #148
NaqoyqatZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
There's no traffic in Buffalo because there are no people. They all moved to Charlotte.
Haha. Yeah, they have lost a lot of people compared to what it once was, but it's still nearly twice as dense as Tampa or Charlotte.