daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 20th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #121
smiley

Likes (Received): 567

Once again, I do not do construction, but I do law and business and the fact that they have those barricades in the middle of the road means more to me than test drilling. To me it indicates serious intent to get the project moving.

Plus they have a track record of moving their projects
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #122
Quegiebo
SoHo

Likes (Received): 24

Agreed, Smiley. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that Element will be the next serious tower rising in Tampa's skyline.

Ain't she purr-dy?!?!
Quegiebo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #123
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4043

Ya she is purr-dy.

I like the Element design more then the Skypoint design plus Elemnt is a good 40 feet taller. I'm going to take my guess and say Elemnt will begin going vertical in mid March to early April.
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #124
orlandonative

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley View Post
Once again, I do not do construction, but I do law and business and the fact that they have those barricades in the middle of the road means more to me than test drilling. To me it indicates serious intent to get the project moving.

Plus they have a track record of moving their projects

Luckily for you guys I am in construction and am currently working on four of Novare's projects throughout the southeast, and I can't stand specualtion. So, I spoke with my contact in Atlanta and they are in fact doing soil samples and test bores. The barricades are in place to remove the remainder of the parking lot (assuming its a lot, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

That said, congratulations! Provided no catastrophic events sitework and construction are scheduled to commence almost immediately. As a previous poster stated sales are scheduled to begin in February, however being the cowboys they are this didn't seem to be of much concern to him.
orlandonative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:17 PM   #125
FloridaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandonative View Post
Luckily for you guys I am in construction and am currently working on four of Novare's projects throughout the southeast, and I can't stand specualtion. So, I spoke with my contact in Atlanta and they are in fact doing soil samples and test bores. The barricades are in place to remove the remainder of the parking lot (assuming its a lot, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

That said, congratulations! Provided no catastrophic events sitework and construction are scheduled to commence almost immediately. As a previous poster stated sales are scheduled to begin in February, however being the cowboys they are this didn't seem to be of much concern to him.
Do you have any idea if they'll be putting up a webcam when it begins construction?
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #126
orlandonative

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFuture View Post
Do you have any idea if they'll be putting up a webcam when it begins construction?
Didn't ask. Im assuming they will, I've got them on all four of my projects with them.
orlandonative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #127
Robert.Maddrey
Native Floridian

Likes (Received): 14

Awesome, this will make a terrific addition to the skyline. Perhaps, it will provide impetus to get the Kress block going. I sure would like to see some retail, down there like a Publix or Target built around the Kress/Woolworth block.

Down Shift Magazine
>> My Photos of Tampa <<
Robert.Maddrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 01:57 AM   #128
smiley

Thanks orlandonative.

Those guys are nuts (or have very, very deep pockets), but they make me happy. That little novare cluster is key to getting that area alive.
I contain multitudes.

Old December 21st, 2006, 02:29 AM   #129
tampamobster21

Likes (Received): 88

I do not think that there will be a Publix there because there is already one less than a mile from this site. The owner of the Hub is VERY happy for Element and Skypoint.
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:52 AM   #130
FloridaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley View Post
Thanks orlandonative.

Those guys are nuts (or have very, very deep pockets), but they make me happy. That little novare cluster is key to getting that area alive.
Can't wait to see it when/if the TWELVE project gets built, the mixed used component of the project brings some varitey to the area and Tampa has few mixed used projects. Also at 47 stories knowing Novare will but something on top it should be a 500 footer and will dominate the novare cluster.
Old December 21st, 2006, 03:14 AM   #131
smiley

Indeed - but for now - I'll take Element and the renovated Floridan and some retail around them with some smaller projects.

Twelve is a bit off, I think
I contain multitudes.

Old December 21st, 2006, 07:32 AM   #132
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2460

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFuture View Post
Can't wait to see it when/if the TWELVE project gets built, the mixed used component of the project brings some varitey to the area and Tampa has few mixed used projects. Also at 47 stories knowing Novare will but something on top it should be a 500 footer and will dominate the novare cluster.
I think the height for TWELVE was given as something like 562ft in one of the articles a few weeks back. Element was given at 460ft(the rendering shown above sure doesn't look like 460ft to me though)...

I'm going from memory here though...
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 07:23 PM   #133
tampamobster21

Maybe we can get someone to do anything with the Kress/ Woolworth building. I know that if I was to live in Element I would not want to come out of the front of the building and see Kress/ Woolworth in their current state everyday.
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:01 PM   #134
Quegiebo
SoHo

This is just pure speculation on my part, but for some reason I get the feeling that the Grant and Kress blocks will eventually be purchased by Novare Group/Wood Partners. I guess my speculation stems from recognizing that this kind of fits in with their philosophy of developing a "core area" within a city.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part and no, I don't think anything will be built on those two sites anytime soon even if the opportunity presented itself, but Jeanette Jason has had the Kress block up on the market for a few months now and she's even offered to work with another developer to get this property up and going, but to no avail.

It makes sense that if someone offers the right price, she'll sell and Novare seems to have some very deep pockets. And I also believe that Novare is not just here to build a few towers and run; I suspect they have a much higher goal in mind. Novare wants their name to be synonomous with not only Atlanta, but Tampa as well.

I hope that I'm making sense and NO, I do NOT work for Novare nor get paid to express anything I offer here at SSC.

My gut tells me that they're going to be around for a long time to come and a dozen or so years from now, half of our CBD towers will have their stamp. I, for one, won't complain as long as they vary the towers and not just copy the same design over and over again.
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM   #135
Quegiebo
SoHo

OH -- One more thing . . .

I'm psychic.
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:34 PM   #136
FloridaFuture

It's possible, if you look at their development history on their website they have rennovated several old buildings in the past in Atlanta. Matter of fact, it dominated their history up until recnetly. I also think (or really would like) for them to take over the Wood project. They have good relation with Wood and partner on several projects. Kress and Floridan are key to bringing new development farther away from the river and closer to Central Park.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:26 AM   #137
tampamobster21

That is going to be nice (moving development from the river and closer to Central Park). I can not wait, well I guess I can, for all of these projects that are currently going on to be finished.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:18 PM   #138
Tampa on the move.

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quegiebo View Post
Agreed, Smiley. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that Element will be the next serious tower rising in Tampa's skyline.

Ain't she purr-dy?!?!
It's already on the Novare projects list underway construction..

On the Novare group page..
Tampa on the move. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #139
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2460

^I just looked, and it doesn't say that... At least not that I saw.

If it was u/c, I suspect that it would be on their news page...
http://www.novaregroup.com/resources_news.html
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #140
Tampa on the move.

Likes (Received): 97

Jason hit development then click on current projects

Element
Skypoint are both on there..
Tampa on the move. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
downtown tampa, novare