search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #61
Maxim98

Likes (Received): 261

Haha, I love these stories.

Nice spot to shoot, Rob.... I like that park. The garden gate you can make out in the distance is a great fountain area attached/owned by the museum. Really great.
Maxim98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #62
Robert.Maddrey
Native Floridian

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim98 View Post
Haha, I love these stories.

Nice spot to shoot, Rob.... I like that park. The garden gate you can make out in the distance is a great fountain area attached/owned by the museum. Really great.
It is a great area indeed. We have had quite a few shoots down and around Ybor and you cannot beat the afternoon lighting under the oaks there. The folks at the museum are also very helpful when it comes to shooting as they appreciate any publicity they can get. Same holds true for UT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quegiebo View Post
I'm surprised that the security guard in each instance didn't use the ol' "homeland security" argument.
I've never gotten that line, though I think I had a security guard at Baywalk try and utter something to that effect during the St Pete Grand Prix.

Down Shift Magazine
>> My Photos of Tampa <<
Robert.Maddrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2006, 05:57 AM   #63
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Maddrey View Post
Reminds me of another time I was in Kiley Park and a security guard from the BOfA beercan came out and told me you could not photograph the building...um excuse me I am in a city park.
Wtf? lolol... I used to work as a sup for the company doing the security there. I actually covered for the sup at Rivergate a few times (posted pics form the roof last year)...

no, the gaurds there are not supposed to do that.... whoever did is a moron, as they are specifically told to stay out of the park, as they have no "jurisdiction" there. They are only to patrol the building, its immediate perimeter and the southern portion of the underground garage shared with the museum.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #64
tampamobster21

Likes (Received): 88

I wish that they had sec. guards at night so that they could keep the homeless out of the ampitheatre and out of the museum. I hate trying to take photos there and having to smell and be bothered by them. I know they have no where else to go, but come on I mean the Salvation Army is right down the street. Does anyone think that Tampa has the capacity to create a homeless housing project like they have done in other cities? The graffiti in the ampitheatre is obscene, and it needs to be taken care of. If they (the city) want, I will go and paint it myself and take all of the trash away so people can enjoy it.
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #65
HardRocker

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
I actually covered for the sup at Rivergate a few times (posted pics form the roof last year)...
Could you show me these pictures? thanks
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #66
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

there somewhere in a thread around here... run a search for rivergate. you'll find it as fast as I could.
Old January 10th, 2007, 03:40 AM   #67
Urbanite

Likes (Received): 10

anyone know if that Kimmins construction will be selling their ybor property to a hotel? I had read something like that awhile ago but haven't heard anything since.if so,when?
Urbanite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #68
FLHawk
Channelside Pioneer

Likes (Received): 62

The Tampa Bay Business Journal reported a while back that Kimmins may develop its Adamo property into a hotel, condos, office space, or a combination of the above. No specifics or time lines were provided.
FLHawk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 12:53 AM   #69
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

^yep, a mixed-use project would be expected, as it's the surest way to get the density increased when they rezone.
Old January 11th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #70
Maxim98

Speaking of new work in Ybor, I have pictures of the completed interiors of the box factory lofts. I haven't seen them since I put them on my thumb drive, but I remember liking what I saw. The pool-side units were great lofts. I'll upload a few later...

Last edited by Maxim98; January 11th, 2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old January 11th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #71
tampamobster21

Likes (Received): 88

I do not like the color or the lack of on the building. That yellow has to go. Although, nice use of space and maximumizing profit in a tight area.
Old January 11th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #72
Maxim98

I uploaded a few to flickr, along with my other pictures. I'll just keep adding to the collection. Nothing special, just a (quick) peak into the Box Factory lofts (I was in and out quickly)...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatzaak/

Last edited by Maxim98; January 11th, 2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old January 11th, 2007, 03:12 AM   #73
tampaguy75

Likes (Received): 92

Isn't the name of that place actually called Box Factory Lofts? I really like the old looking stained wood contrasting with the modern looking kitchen (stainless steel appliances and granite countertops)
tampaguy75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 03:51 AM   #74
Maxim98

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
Isn't the name of that place actually called Box Factory Lofts? I really like the old looking stained wood contrasting with the modern looking kitchen (stainless steel appliances and granite countertops)
lol, yea

I got the name wrong.
Old January 17th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #75
Quegiebo
SoHo

Likes (Received): 24

Ybor Growing In Small Steps

By JANIS D. FROELICH The Tampa Tribune

Published: Jan 13, 2007

YBOR CITY - Development in downtown and the Channel District is a hot topic. But this historical city, known for its bars and nightclubs, also is seeing a spurt of construction.

"We are a little bit smaller in our projects," said Tom Keating, president of the Ybor City Chamber of Commerce. "But we have great variety."

With a 60-foot building height restriction in place, Ybor City isn't going to be the site of cranes erecting high-rises. But Keating predicts small residential complexes, small to medium office structures and distinct businesses will continue to rise.

Fitting into those categories are: Las Ybor City, at Fourth Avenue and 17th Street; Walton B. Chancey & Associates, at Seventh Avenue and 13th Street; and Heidt & Associates, at Fifth Avenue and 15th Street.

Matt Sireci was a University of Tampa student when he decided Ybor City would be a good fit for his development ideas. A 2002 UT graduate, Sireci recently completed the 13-unit Las Ybor City. He has sold nine of the condominiums, with a chiropractor set to occupy the ground floor.

"It's just amazing the way Ybor City has taken off in residential the last five years," said Sireci, who plans to expand his Ybor Village Lofts with additional units called 4th Avenue Lofts, near Philip Shore Elementary Magnet School of the Arts, 1908 E. Second Ave.

Sireci said the downturn in condominium demand, plus climbing land costs, have changed the market since he was a student with lofty plans. He's a little concerned about selling Las Ybor's remaining units, priced at $300,000-plus.

"But I think these are moderate-priced units and will continue to do well here," he said, standing outside the five-story complex.

Sireci said working with the Barrio Latino Commission, which regulates development in the historical district, turned out to be a bonus for Las Ybor. He originally had a Key West style in mind, reflecting his upbringing there.

"But because this building would be on the west side of Ybor City, the Barrio thought a cigar-warehouse look would work better," he said.

That's how he ended up with Curtis Gaines Hall Jones Architects of Tampa, which designed the project.

"Ybor is your amenity," Sireci said of residents walking to dinner and taking in movies just blocks from Las Ybor.

As for the Heidt & Associates building, which will bring 170 workers to Ybor City this month, Keating said landing the engineering and surveying company is a milestone: "It strikes me this is our first real big building from scratch, not a renovation, for decades."

With its large brick building across from a city parking garage, Heidt will boost lunch traffic and the happy hour crowd, Keating said.

"We are really looking at new kinds of uses for Ybor City space," he said. "We are pushing for creative industries and want top firms to continue coming in."

Vince Pardo, manager of the Ybor City Development Corp., said the community is gaining a fast-paced, creative environment. He counts about a dozen architectural and design businesses, in addition to public relations and advertising companies.

"These are all companies interested in locating their young professionals here," Pardo said. "It's our future."

Reporter Janis D. Froelich can be reached at (813) 835-2104 or [email protected].

http://southtampa.tbo.com/southtampa/MGBHDQ43VWE.html

Last edited by Quegiebo; January 17th, 2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: change url
Quegiebo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #76
smiley

Likes (Received): 561

What's with the odd URLs? Please put the original URLs. Thanks
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #77
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

And what that had to do with Ybor City is beyond me.

Folks, when you've got a topic that doesn't fit an existing thread,
you need to create a new thread...
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:52 AM   #78
Quegiebo
SoHo

Likes (Received): 24

Excuse me? Are you referring to my thread?
Quegiebo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #79
Urbanite

thanks q for the article .
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:08 AM   #80
Urbanite

thanks q for the article . i have some pix of the 4th Avenue Lofts if i can just figure out how to post them on here