daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #1
tampaguy75

Likes (Received): 95

CHANNEL DISTRICT | The Channel Club | 23 stories | 261 feet | 323 units | Publix grocery store | U/C

The Channel Club
23 stories
261 feet
323 units
Publix Grocery Store
Site Prep

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator's Note: The following 35 posts were originally in the "Channelside Development News" thread. Now that it appears the Martin is active again, it gets its own thread.

I received a "Good Neighbor Notice" in the mail concerning a Petition to Rezone 1105 / 1115 Twiggs St. from a CD-3 to a CD-2. I'm not sure of the difference between the zoning, but I think that this is in the location of the Martin. For proposed use of Land, the petition says "Regional mixed use residential, 650 apartment units". So, maybe the Martin is going to go forward in some form as apartments.

Last edited by FloridaFuture; July 21st, 2016 at 05:30 AM.
tampaguy75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:12 AM   #2
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4045

^Yup, sounds like the Martin. Does the notice happen to say the date of the rezone?
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #3
tampaguy75

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFuture View Post
^Yup, sounds like the Martin. Does the notice happen to say the date of the rezone?

Yes, the date of the public hearing is 12/11/08
tampaguy75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2008, 03:32 AM   #4
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
I received a "Good Neighbor Notice" in the mail concerning a Petition to Rezone 1105 / 1115 Twiggs St. from a CD-3 to a CD-2. I'm not sure of the difference between the zoning, but I think that this is in the location of the Martin. For proposed use of Land, the petition says "Regional mixed use residential, 650 apartment units". So, maybe the Martin is going to go forward in some form as apartments.
Good News. Surprising though, because it looked like the developers were more in favor in building Del Villar than the Martin a while back.
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #5
FloridaFuture

Quote:
Quote:
If the date is still right the meeting is tomorrow. Hopefully we'll hear what happens...
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #6
FloridaFuture

Quote:
Quote:
Any news on this?
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #7
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
Any news on this?
I'm looking into it. I checked the city's website, found the transcript from the 9 am meeting yesterday. Nothing in there, so I'm guessing it was the 5 pm meeting. But I did find some conversation from one of the people from Mercury Advisors, Frank Brumbert. Nothing on the Martin, but he discussed a water main on the corner of Madison and Meridian. I guess it's causing trouble in that area and he brought it up. So the city is now checking in on that. I'll find anything else and post it.
Old December 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #8
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

I got a question about The Martin. With the original plan being for 322 units and the new plans being for 650. will we expect a change to design of the overall project or being that apartment units are normally smaller than condo units, will there be little change to it?
Old December 16th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #9
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Okay, so I'm reading the City Council's transcript from the Dec. 11th 5 pm meeting right now. Finally found the discussion for The Martin. Extremely large report and very boring when reading. I'll put down things that I found interesting.

It seems with the change in units, Mercury Advisors have changed the whole design. I was confused on this because I didn't know if they considered the tower in the original plan one or two, but it's certainly 2 seperated towers they have now in their plan. This is about 32,000 square feet in between the two towers.

The project will be 24 stories tall, with 4 stories of parking. So I believe they have lowered the project because I believe the original plan was around 30 stories, am I correct?

Mary Mueler complained about Mercury Advisors knocking down the brick building halfway between Channelside Dr. and Meridian Ave. She said that she wished for the developers to have kept that there and made it into a loft. Whatever......

The three most discussed issues were; traffic, solid waste, and tree removal. The site has a 50% tree removal policy, or whatever they call it, and the developers want to have 95% of the trees remove. They didn't have a waiver for this, so nothing was done. They did say that they''l incorporate trees in a planned park with the project, which I don't think was planned in the original.

The traffic concern was both streets, Twiggs and Madison, at the intersection of Meridian. I was kinda confused what they were concerned about. I believe the developers wanted to change the time for the lights, espicially on Madison, so their residents could have more time to drive out. But it became more focused on the impact of traffic coming from the Crosstown.

The last was solid waste, on the location for the projects dumpster. The developers want to have the dumpster further inside the project area so it doesn't affect the park. But there was oppostion to that because they don't want the garbage man having to back up to retrieve the dumpster

So these three things has pushed the approval to January 8th at 10 am. The Solid Waste Management wasn't at the meeting, so thats basically the reason why it was pushed back.

OMG, that was too much reading.........

http://www.tampagov.net/appl_Cable_C...=frmAgenda.asp (It starts at 18:56:04:03)

Last edited by TampaMike; December 16th, 2008 at 07:18 PM.
TampaMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #10
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2462

You should edit your post to include a link to the report.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #11
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
You should edit your post to include a link to the report.
Sure will. Didn't know anyone would be willing to read all of it, haha, like me.
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #12
FloridaFuture

^Thanks for all of that. BTW, the project was originally 22 stories so they actually added two stories.

Edit- I went through parts of it, here's some stats:

Quote:
The proposed development is for 650 units contained in two towers with a shared parking garage in the building podium. Design also includes 4,505-square-foot park with a total of 3,602 gross square feet of greenspace to the east of the building along Madison Street.
Quote:
Maximum building height is 246 feet, 6 inches to the top of the roof and 261 feet to the top of the core tower. 650 parking spaces are required and 760 spaces are being provided. A total of 32% compact spaces are being incorporated
Quote:
And also, a couple of notes added to the plan. The bonus features include artist studio gallery along Meridian, public open space on Madison, indoor/outdoor performance area, enhanced street design, increased sidewalk area and LEED design.
The whole Saul-Sena transportation disccussion with some broken record is hilarious. It's from 19:05:35:18 to 19:09:11:09.

Last edited by FloridaFuture; December 16th, 2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #13
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
^Thanks for all of that. BTW, the project was originally 22 stories so they actually added two stories.
really, that short? Damn

Yeah, but the only thing Mueller moaned about was the brick building. Everything she said was basically "I wish you could save it" or "why isn't it considered an historic structure?"
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #14
FloridaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres_of_2036 View Post
really, that short? Damn

Yeah, but the only thing Mueller moaned about was the brick building. Everything she said was basically "I wish you could save it" or "why isn't it considered an historic structure?"
At least the developer siad the bricks would be reused in the park. Admittley, it is a shame it can't be saved but it shouldn't stop 650 apartments from being built.

One thing, is there retail in the base of the tower? I couldn't find that.
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #15
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
At least the developer siad the bricks would be reused in the park. Admittley, it is a shame it can't be saved but it shouldn't stop 650 apartments from being built.

One thing, is there retail in the base of the tower? I couldn't find that.
I couldn't find anything. They said a Powerhouse Gym, but I thought that was in Grand Central. There's also the performance area that was talked about at the meeting.

I would expect there to be retail. Probably the same size as Grand Central, or a little more.
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #16
FloridaFuture

I doubt it has more retail then Grand Central. Grand Central has about twice the land or so.

Yeah, the gym will be a part of Grand Central.
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #17
DShenise
Designer, 1404designs

Likes (Received): 40

What is it with solid waste and dumpsters? I remember council spent like two hours one night beating it to death on a project in Hyde Park. I mean my complex has over 1000 units and ONE dumpster/compactor, the truck comes everyday to pull the dumpster, its not freakin rocket science. As a matter of fact when I live in DC my building had an insane number of units, and it was the same, one dumpster/compactor, and it was pulled everyday.

That and trees, just require them to plant "x" amount when done. Don't try to force keeping existing trees, just scrape and require mature specimens at completion. We aren't talking about 300 year old redwoods.
DShenise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #18
Maxim98

Likes (Received): 270

WAAAAAAAAAY too much parking
Maxim98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #19
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Quote:
I doubt it has more retail then Grand Central. Grand Central has about twice the land or so.

Yeah, the gym will be a part of Grand Central.
Well, I'm still confused how much they changed it. From what I was reading, they have the whole lot for their project, with one tower being on each end of the lot.
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #20
DShenise
Designer, 1404designs

Likes (Received): 40

When selling a condo, you can never, ever have too much parking. Its a primary reason my wife and I didn't buy at 345 Bayshore. We could only afford a one bedroom, which would have been fine, but we needed two parking spaces. We are looking at buying in Viewpoint right now, and parking is based on size of unit, 1bed-1space, 2bed-2spaces. We can afford a two bedroom, but are considering spending another $35K for a third space, as it would be very valuable when we sell or when my child is old enough to own a car too.
DShenise no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
tampa-projects