daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old September 16th, 2004, 11:46 PM   #1
zuhahmed

Likes (Received):

houses in indonesia

are they big, like the houses in india, or small like the houses in america

Sponsored Links

Old September 17th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #2
sanhen
Urban Monk

Likes (Received): 2

house in where? in the city or country?

in the city its mixed. some big. some small. but due to poor planning, most houses have high fence. no garden at the front. many in alleys. bad position etc hehehe. but many new development of 'self suistained cities' boast a nice planning etc.

in the country or 'kampung' or 'desa' is more green. made from bamboo etc. the design is depend on the background of the people. afterall, Indonesia consist of hundreds of ethnic. many people loves how balinese design their house.

of course the size of the house is depend on how rich the owner is hehehehe

- sanhen
sanhen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:41 AM   #3
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 11

middle class and upper class housing in Jakarta tend to be connect to each other with a common wall. This means that the houses are not 4-sided, but rather two sided (front and back). Not many houses have side windows and big backyards. I like 4 sided houses, so i wish they start building them here.

Another architectural trend which Indonesians love for some reason are huge colonial-type columns. I think it looks tacky, and does not suit houses. I wish they do more contemporary and modern designs.

Here's a picture of "connected" housing:
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #4
sanhen
Urban Monk

Here's some photos of Indonesian house that I have (no, none of them is belong to me broke broke broke hehehe)

City/Modern Houses.

City/Alley Houses.. just want to show you the gates. Usually every alley have their own gates.

FYI, above pic taken in Katulampa. Which is where the Katulampa Dam is (further down). This is where water level is measured for Jakarta. If too high, then Jakarta will receive flooding.

Kampung:
Old September 17th, 2004, 02:41 AM   #5
Fir3blaze
Fir3blaze

Likes (Received): 4

Those pictures seem to be taken in the rural areas (due to the lack of surrounding buildings). City houses are usually packed closely together. Right, guys?
Fir3blaze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 03:11 AM   #6
sanhen
Urban Monk

The first pic taken from Cipanas (Puncak) housing complex area.
The second and third from Rancamaya (Bogor) housing complex area. <- you can see Jakarta skyline from here. Far far far away.

Price tag for last year was around Rp. 1.300.000.000 (1.3 billion rupiah).
Anyone interested?
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:02 AM   #7
Jo
Iron horse rider dlx

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyX
middle class and upper class housing in Jakarta tend to be connect to each other with a common wall. This means that the houses are not 4-sided, but rather two sided (front and back). Not many houses have side windows and big backyards. I like 4 sided houses, so i wish they start building them here.

Another architectural trend which Indonesians love for some reason are huge colonial-type columns. I think it looks tacky, and does not suit houses. I wish they do more contemporary and modern designs.

Here's a picture of "connected" housing:
That sounds a lot like Thailand.. and a lot like Sweden also, although we have no fences, fewer columns and larger gardens.

Well, I suppose the four sided houses are more common in smaller towns and on the countryside. Just like in Europe
Old December 11th, 2004, 12:00 PM   #8
sanhen
Urban Monk

Many Indonesian lives in alley way... those alley looks like this:

Here, eventhough its an alley, doesnt mean its a slump. Some is wide anough for car to pass through.
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:02 AM   #9
TheTramp

Likes (Received): 16

The first pic looks very......American!!!!
Seriously, Indonesian houses (belonging to middle and upper class) are (almost) always characterized by painted concrete and pitched clay tile roof. I rarely see exposed masonry like that pic I'm talkin' about. And that roof, for one second I thought I saw fiber shingles, although I know it's tinted clay.
Old January 25th, 2005, 11:52 PM   #10
Yamauchi
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 31

Well, "middle class" is relative. This is a small road in Jakarta, and I'd say this would be your middle class-type area relative the rest of the city.

Yamauchi no está en línea   Reply With Quote