daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Caucasus Forum > Armenia / Հայաստան

Old May 25th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #1
Erhan

Likes (Received): 6031

Հայաստան - Ընդհանուր Քննարկումներ | Armenia - General Discussions

Armenia - Հայաստան

Sponsored Links

Old May 25th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #2
Newropean
Ganesh

Location: Praha Ravensburg Genève Padova Istanbul Maastricht Bruxelles Mechelen
Likes (Received): 1290

Ok, discuss: the lamb in the other thread looks really high on something!

Polska jest silnym państwem!

Shemomedjamo
Newropean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Triple C
O uzaya gidilecek!

Likes (Received): 298

Erhan goes to EuroMod

Мы строили строили и наконец достроили, врааа!
Triple C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #4
musiccity
Retired Mod

Likes (Received): 4481

edit..

Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo
Bailar contigo, tener contigo
Una noche loca
Ay besar tu boca :)

Last edited by musiccity; May 25th, 2011 at 02:10 PM.
musiccity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #5
musiccity
Retired Mod

I wish Armenia had its own little section in here. Not just an area at the bottom of the forum for loose threads.

Una noche loca

Old May 25th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Erhan

Likes (Received): 6031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple C View Post
Erhan goes to EuroMod
I'm not a mod here, I'm just helping a neighbor
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #7
Mekky II
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

"The official definition of the colors, as stated in the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, is:

The Red emblematizes the Armenian Highland, the Armenian people's continued struggle for survival, maintenance of the Christian faith, Armenia's independence and freedom. The Blue emblematizes the will of the people of Armenia to live beneath peaceful skies. The Orange emblematizes the creative talent and hard-working nature of the people of Armenia."

Mekky II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Newropean
Ganesh

Location: Praha Ravensburg Genève Padova Istanbul Maastricht Bruxelles Mechelen
Likes (Received): 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
I wish Armenia had its own little section in here. Not just an area at the bottom of the forum for loose threads.
Well, the only active Armenian on SSC said this about the topic:

Quote:
Yeah, i know, i just asked my sweetheart NihonKitty to move an Armenia thread there. Im glad Caucuses has their own section, but i dont see Armenia to get a subforum anytime soon, there arent enough Armenians on SSS that will contribute, i know i wont. Armenia never claims to be a European country, it's not really Asia either, i dont know what the hell we are, but all these "white" countries will never accept a Caucuses nation as part of Europe , so i'd rather be an Asian than a pseudo European.
So I don't think much will happen here.

Polska jest silnym państwem!

Shemomedjamo
Newropean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #9
Mekky II
BANNED

"I dont know what the hell we are, but all these "white" countries will never accept a Caucuses nation as part of Europe , so i'd rather be an Asian than a pseudo European."

It's outrageous to whole armenian communities of Russia, France or Ukraine. And here i talk of armenian communities of Europe, i don't even talk of those in USA, Brazil, Argentina. And this boy still wonder if armenians would be accepted ! AND WHEN FRANCE IS POINTING TURKEY FOR THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE, DO FRENCH ACCEPT THEM ENOUGH ??...

i can't believe it... aznavour too would be ashamed...
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #10
robo_boss
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
An Armenian group here should be big enough for that, and at least one or two of them should actually live in Armenia, so we can get first hand pics and construction news. Otherwise the subforum will become a ghost town. I only know another Armenian on SSC, he's from Lebanon, havent seen him lately. There was another guy, he lives in Argentina, he travels to Armenia every once in a while and makes a lot of great pictures, here's his thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=774994 , but he got banned a long time ago . I cant submit a request on opening an Armenia subforum, i won't be able to show enough dedication and contribute a lot, i love SSC, but i dont have that much time. Though if some non-Armenians that are interested in Armenia still want to do this, i will greatly appreciate it and try to help as much as i can.
robo_boss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #11
robo_boss
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekky II View Post
"I dont know what the hell we are, but all these "white" countries will never accept a Caucuses nation as part of Europe , so i'd rather be an Asian than a pseudo European."

It's outrageous to whole armenian communities of Russia, France or Ukraine. And here i talk of armenian communities of Europe, i don't even talk of those in USA, Brazil, Argentina. And this boy still wonder if armenians would be accepted ! AND WHEN FRANCE IS POINTING TURKEY FOR THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE, DO FRENCH ACCEPT THEM ENOUGH ??...

i can't believe it... aznavour too would be ashamed...
How is your comment relevant to mine? Im talking about Armenia not being a European country in my opinion and the opinions of many other Europeans, you're talking about genocide and Aznavour. Can you connect the dots here ??
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #12
Mekky II
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_boss View Post
How is your comment relevant to mine? Im talking about Armenia not being a European country in my opinion and the opinions of many other Europeans, you're talking about genocide and Aznavour. Can you connect the dots here ??
No, you said Armenia was not accepted by other european nations. So, i really wonder why french diplomacy is so active when it concerns Armenia !!...

Also i think most europeans would consider it european if at least they would get more informations about it, it's not like we see big cultural advertisings about Armenia in Europe ! it's a bit like this forum...
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #13
robo_boss
BANNED

Quote:
No, you said Armenia was not accepted by other european nations. So, i really wonder why french diplomacy is so active when it concerns Armenia !!...

Also i think most europeans would consider it european if at least they would get more informations about it, it's not like we see big cultural advertisings about Armenia in Europe ! it's a bit like this forum...
I dont know if European nations accept Armenia as part of Europe on official level, it's not considered Europe, but Eurasia ( more Asian than European). But unofficially ...ask a German, or a Brit, or a French..anybody, if they think Armenia is in Europe, most of them will answer no. If Georgia and Azerbaijan want to be European countries that's fine with me, but as far as im concerned Armenia never claimed to be one. Whatever pressure France puts on Turkey regarding the genocide has nothing to do with geography.

Last edited by robo_boss; May 26th, 2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #14
robo_boss
BANNED

In short, if Armenia can be both European and Asian, i chose the latter. Besides "Caucasian" has the word Asia in it.
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:50 AM   #15
musiccity
Retired Mod

Well once more Armenians come here, which is bound to happen with the opening of the Caucasus forum, there can be a little section opened here. Nothing detailed and complex but something like Estonia or Latvia in the Nordic & Baltic forums.

Una noche loca

Old May 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #16
Mekky II
BANNED

Quote:
In short, if Armenia can be both European and Asian, i chose the latter. Besides "Caucasian" has the word Asia in it.
http://times.am/2011/05/10/eu-is-con...r-for-armenia/

Last edited by Mekky II; May 26th, 2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #17
Mekky II
BANNED

"The word Caucasus derives from Caucas, the purported ancestor of the North Caucasians. He was a son of Togarmah, grandson of Biblical Noah's third son Japheth. According to Leonti Mroveli, after the fall of the Tower of Babel and the division of humanity into different languages, Togarmah settled with his sons: Kartlos, Haik (Georgian: ჰაოს, Haos), Movakos, Lekos (Lak people), Heros (Kingdom of Hereti), Kavkasos, and Egros (Kingdom of Egrisi) between two inaccessible mountains, presumably Mount Ararat and Mount Elbrus.

Alternative origins are: From a Pelasgian word for "mountain" or from a Scythian word meaning "snow-white"."

"Caucas or Kavkasus (Georgian: კავკასოსი) was the purported ancestor of Caucasians. His story is narrated in the compilation of the medieval Georgian chronicles, Kartlis Cxovreba, taken down from oral tradition by Leonti Mroveli in the 11th century. The legend has it that he was a son of Targamos and, thus, brother of Haos (the legendary patriarch and founder of the Armenians), Movakos, Lekos, Heros, Kartlos (known to be ancestor of Georgian people), and Egros (from whom other peoples of the region (Georgians of Kolkheti (egrisi civilisation)) took their origin.

Caucas' son Dzurdzuk is said to be the ancestor of modern Chechens and Ingush"

"The North Caucasus (or Ciscaucasia) is the northern part of the Caucasus region between the Black and Caspian Seas and within European Russia. The term is also used as a synonym for the North Caucasus economic region of Russia."
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #18
robo_boss
BANNED

Quote:
Ah, the mighty EU , everybody wants a piece of it, Armenia is no exception
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #19
Mekky II
BANNED

Quote:
Ah, the mighty EU , everybody wants a piece of it, Armenia is no exception
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenians_in_France

French continue to welcome them open arms without EU.
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #20
robo_boss
BANNED

Why wouldnt they?! French Armenians are first of all French,most of them were born there, many have made a great contribution in that country, there are a lot of famous French Armenians .