search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > East Midlands Forum

East Midlands Forum For Nottingham, Derby, Lincoln, Leicester, Corby, Northampton, and Milton Keynes.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.94 average.
Old September 27th, 2017, 08:30 PM   #2841
local_weasel

Likes (Received): 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
Pretty Green is shortly moving to Bridlesmith Gate, according to a notice on its door

I thought they were just shutting!
local_weasel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2017, 02:51 PM   #2842
Bingethink

Likes (Received): 397

This is tremendous news. I thought Pretty Green closing on Victoria St was a sign of the problems on Bridlesmith Gate spreading out but it seems quite the contrary. If things are finally going to begin in the New Year at Broadmarsh, this might be the start of Bridlesmith bouncing back.
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #2843
blades_lad
Like a glove

Likes (Received): 38

http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/b...ow-full-676755

djfusion777 liked this post
blades_lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:27 PM   #2844
djfusion777

Likes (Received): 445

^ Great news, as there were a few vacant units for a while (I can't remember it ever being full, but maybe I'm wrong?).
djfusion777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 09:39 PM   #2845
sunbeams

Likes (Received): 37

This is sort of related:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/h...tel-one-694296
sunbeams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 01:57 PM   #2846
pharmj

Likes (Received): 66

Timberland are opening a store in the Victoria Centre where the 3 store used to be. Very few units in the main mall now empty- apart from the restaurant cluster!

Fatface new store is open on Bridlesmith gate and looks good- hope their old store gets let soon. Pretty Green have also reopened a few doors down. Their old store is now a tea company that have a few stores around the UK- started in Nottingham but their first actual store here.

Wilkinson about to reopen fully in Broadmarsh with a full refurb and new glass front. Think this will kickstart other work by Intu as the Wilko work took up a lot of space being used for the reconfiguration i think.

The main units that need letting that really bug me every-time I go into town is the former USC on the corner by VC and the old Costa on Listergate. Both prominent units but clearly not enough interest/too steep rent?
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:41 PM   #2847
RedArmy

Likes (Received): 36

I believe the old USC unit is under offer (I looked at the commercial agent's website recently) but no idea who's taken it - or if it's simply that the details haven't been updated since the last let fell through!

Good new on Timberland though; didn't they have a store in the Flying Horse arcade once upon a time along with Gant?
RedArmy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:12 PM   #2848
Wooderson

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
I believe the old USC unit is under offer (I looked at the commercial agent's website recently) but no idea who's taken it - or if it's simply that the details haven't been updated since the last let fell through!

Good new on Timberland though; didn't they have a store in the Flying Horse arcade once upon a time along with Gant?
Yes. A decent brand to come back to the city.

The USC unit was rumoured to be Itsu at one point, wasn't it? I can only guess the rent there is sky-high - must be just about the best location in the entire city centre for footfall.
Wooderson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 04:21 PM   #2849
blades_lad
Like a glove

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
Yes. A decent brand to come back to the city.

The USC unit was rumoured to be Itsu at one point, wasn't it? I can only guess the rent there is sky-high - must be just about the best location in the entire city centre for footfall.
It was Itsu because before the wooden boards were put up and you could see inside there was floor plans littered on the floor that clearly said ITSU at the top of them
Old November 8th, 2017, 11:05 PM   #2850
Bingethink

Likes (Received): 397

A new fashion brand for Bridlesmithgate: http://westbridgfordwire.com/remus-uomo-nottingham/amp/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: