daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Old March 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #1
SimLim

Likes (Received):

DUBAI | The Pentominium | 516m | 1693ft | 122 fl | On Hold

World's largest residential tower will provide 'height of luxury'

Publisher: Jon Land

The Pentonium in Dubai will become the world's tallest residential tower
Plans for the world’s tallest residential tower - the Pentonium in Dubai - have been unveiled today.

Trident International Holdings has partnered to create unique alliances with premium brands from across the world for its new 516 metre-tall tower, a development they describe as the 'defined height of luxury'.

The top floors of this world’s only Pentominium will contain a Sky Lounge, Sky Pool, Business Centre and a private observation deck along with ladies & gentleman’s health clubs and a cigar lounge, squash courts, a banqueting hall and private theatre.

Each individual residential unit will take up a complete floor of the tower providing over 6500 sq.ft. of living space.

Each floor will have a private foyer of its own and smart biometric access control.

Taking the element of luxury living spaces to another level are entire floors which are uniquely suspended in mid air, giving the impression of floating penthouses in the sky.

“Our aim is to create the new benchmark in luxury living,” said Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr Wazir Ali Daredia.

“This aim is reflected in all our projects and is what differentiates Trident and its projects. Through the alliances we have partnered with for Pentominium, along with the uniqueness of this proposition, we will achieve this.

“The building will be iconic, and its residents exclusive. They will be living in a piece of history.

“Trident’s strategy has always been to offer innovative luxury features combined with premium waterfront location, and the Pentominium development is the very expression of this.”

Trident is positioned and acknowledged internationally as a boutique developer of successful and highly visible residential towers in Dubai, including Marinascape, Bayside Residence and the Trident Grand Residence.
Like Trident’s other projects, Pentominium will be no more than 500 metres from the waterfront at Dubai marina; the centrepiece of new Dubai.

Daredia added: “Our background in luxury goods demonstrates our precision and finesse, our understanding of true opulence. We do not sell towers, we provide a lifestyle.”

Pentominium is being designed by award winning and world renowned architects and designers Aedas. Based in Britain, with offices around the world Aedas is responsible for a number of striking buildings and developments in Dubai and across the Gulf already.

Interior design of Pentominium will be undertaken by Hirsch Bedner & Associates, exclusive designers of Ritz Carltons, Grand Hyatts & Four Seasons worldwide.

There will be a dedicated Concierge Service by Quintessentially, the international private members club, which will be available 24 hours a day to meet residents’ needs whether locally or across the world.

Through a series of unique alliances Pentominium owners will have the rights to use a fleet of premium automobiles including a Rolls-Royce Phantom that comes as part of the Pentominium experience along with world renowned Azimut yachts for leisurely trips across the Arabian Gulf.

The tower’s spa will be run by Six Senses Spas, the operators of a number of premium world class health resorts around the world including the multi-award winning Soneva Fushi in the Maldives, itself one of the top 10 spas in the world according to Forbes.

All public areas will be crystallized by Swarovski and each Pentominium unit will be fitted with state of the art sound equipment Bang & Olufsen can provide.

Pentominium’s business lounge (overlooking The Palm) will be accessorized by exclusive Tiffany accessories.

Highcliff, DownTown Goat liked this post

Sponsored Links

Old March 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM   #2
idkblk
-InQontrol-

Likes (Received): 2

Doesnt fit in this location on the picture, imo

It's too high and doesnt blend well with the other buildings around the marina
idkblk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #3
cyborg81
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkblk View Post

well by the time it is complete the marina wont be like that.that photo above is just the current scenario.remember the marina is home to the world's tallest block and this biggie will feel just like home
cyborg81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Hed_Kandi
BANDITO

Likes (Received): 2683

Amazing architecture!
Hed_Kandi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #5
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 3923

Quote:

no it's not too high. wait until the other supertalls are build, than it's only thaller than the other but not too high

Follow me on Twitter: @Black_Peak

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #6
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 258

A rather crude and uninspiring design.
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #7
s a s h a
Northitalian user

Likes (Received): 0

amazing...
s a s h a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #8
St. Anger
Insomniatic

Likes (Received): 1

somehow i just get the feeling dubai wants to be number one for everything to do with the tallest, biggest and most amazing building in every category of the record books, it always seems to me that they just want to make sure they have the highest structure of every category, just show offs really...
St. Anger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #9
Biakko
Fighting spirit

Likes (Received): 0

I love it !
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #10
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3231

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
somehow i just get the feeling dubai wants to be number one for everything to do with the tallest, biggest and most amazing building in every category of the record books, it always seems to me that they just want to make sure they have the highest structure of every category, just show offs really...
No, it is simply becouse they are allowed to, not like in some other places where even a 10F building is not accepted.

Highcliff liked this post
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #11
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3231

Quote:

LOL, it is just next to a 395 meter tall tower (23Marina), 50 meters on the front-right there's a 412 meters tall (Marina 101) and a further 50 meters away, there's a 414 meters tall (Princess). 4 - 5 other supertalls (more then 300) around as well, ... and a possible 460m (Ocean Heights 2).

Doesn't fit my ...
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #12
MasonicStage™
Nadmoderator

Insane! Very elegant and beautiful.
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #13
A.U.S. arch. Student

Likes (Received): 33

wow, i love this building and its surroundings, the tallest block, my only question is, is the plot is to small for such a massive tower? I would think such a signature design would have more land like how other supertalls are, for instance burj d., taipei 101, even the emirates towers; but i guess everything will be self contained in the tower and there is no need for a large amount of land.
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #14
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 32

The tower looks awsome. I hope they approve it and build it too.

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #15
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 79

I want to see some renders from the other side to see what those pods look like
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #16
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.U.S. arch. Student View Post
wow, i love this building and its surroundings, the tallest block, my only question is, is the plot is to small for such a massive tower? I would think such a signature design would have more land like how other supertalls are, for instance burj d., taipei 101, even the emirates towers; but i guess everything will be self contained in the tower and there is no need for a large amount of land.

I believe this one should take two plots.. the wide open plot between MAG218 and 23 Marina
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #17
dubaiflo
visit my homepage

Likes (Received): 7

i actually think this is not at all bland, we need some more higher res renderings. but it will be launched soon so i guess we might get some.

website will be http://www.pentominium.com/
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #18
Mplsuptown

Likes (Received): 65

Maybe I'm blind but just how many floors is this thing of beauty?
Old March 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #19
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
I wasn't laughing after I read your post, But then I looked at your Nick name and just started cracking up

Why the Anger?
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #20
R@ptor
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 3844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsuptown View Post
Maybe I'm blind but just how many floors is this thing of beauty?
Last thing I've heard was 120 floors.

Amazing design BTW.

My Flickr Account
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai