search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure

Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure Shaping space, urbanity and mobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2017, 11:59 AM   #1761
Jon10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,483
Likes (Received): 1987





Museum of London: Proposals for a see-
through tunnel could put
Thameslink commuters on show




http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/a...-a3535156.html


http://londonist.com/london/transpor...seum-of-london


.
__________________

Rapidtransitman, Tubeman liked this post
Jon10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2017, 02:21 PM   #1762
CharlieP
Tax avoider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 23,695
Likes (Received): 1890

I LOVE that idea.
__________________
This signature is socialist and un-American.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #1763
ill tonkso
Portsmouths Finest, Maybe
 
ill tonkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: St. Neots
Posts: 16,312
Likes (Received): 1870

Until some disgruntled commuter gives everyone in the Museum the finger, and some clueless tourist complains to the Museum staff about the content of their 'exhibit'.

Still, I'm quite keen to see into the working tunnels.

Or, thinking back to an old story about my Uncle. My Dad went to collect him from the station, as the train pulled in he knew exactly what carriage he was in as it was the only one with a bare arse hanging out of a window, mooning everyone on the platform.
__________________

Salif, Rapidtransitman liked this post
ill tonkso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #1764
Salif
I am very f**king nice!
 
Salif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,471
Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill tonkso View Post
Or, thinking back to an old story about my Uncle. My Dad went to collect him from the station, as the train pulled in he knew exactly what carriage he was in as it was the only one with a bare arse hanging out of a window, mooning everyone on the platform.
This is why we can't have nice trains.
__________________

Rapidtransitman, tekken68, Jon10 liked this post
Salif no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #1765
passiv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 219
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill tonkso View Post
Until some disgruntled commuter gives everyone in the Museum the finger, and some clueless tourist complains to the Museum staff about the content of their 'exhibit'.

Still, I'm quite keen to see into the working tunnels.

Or, thinking back to an old story about my Uncle. My Dad went to collect him from the station, as the train pulled in he knew exactly what carriage he was in as it was the only one with a bare arse hanging out of a window, mooning everyone on the platform.
I was just thinking along the same lines - never mind the "finger" - what about a train load of exposed bottoms wending by. I never forget, coming home from school one day by bus (in a rural area) and as "our" bus caught up and overtook another heading to the same village, the entire top deck was mooning us.
passiv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #1766
CharlieP
Tax avoider
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 23,695
Likes (Received): 1890

That used to be one of the highlights of away games when I was at school - mooning cars on the M4 or A4 while the master(s) in charge inexplicably sat in the front row next to the driver.
__________________
This signature is socialist and un-American.
CharlieP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #1767
Rapidtransitman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 87
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill tonkso View Post
Until some disgruntled commuter gives everyone in the Museum the finger, and some clueless tourist complains to the Museum staff about the content of their 'exhibit'.

Still, I'm quite keen to see into the working tunnels....
Perhaps an electronic 'moon filter' could be added to the windows...
Rapidtransitman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #1768
Jon10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,483
Likes (Received): 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiv View Post
I was just thinking along the same lines - never mind the "finger" - what about a train load of exposed bottoms wending by:

Well, at least passengers who were cyclists would have somewhere to park their bikes.



See, blue-sky thinking. Two problems lead to one solution.

.
Jon10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu