daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Old November 19th, 2004, 02:39 AM   #1
Darshan

Likes (Received):

PLAZA RAKYAT | Kuala Lumpur ( Jalan Pudu ) | 79 fl, 46 fl, 24 fl | Stalled

hey everyone, i was browsing throught the messages and there was nothing on plaza rakyat. last i heard it was to be the 7th tallest building in the world. anyone know whats happening to it? any pics? its a odd looking building- well from the one picture ive seen.

ps. is the new bangkok airport really going to be better than the KLIA. that ain't cool.

Sponsored Links

Old November 19th, 2004, 03:17 AM   #2
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 88

Hey Darshan!Welcome to the forum!D
Well,as for the Plaza rakyat,I think it's still on hold.There's a proposal in increasing the height though.We did have a thread on it but lately there isn't any news
Old November 19th, 2004, 04:12 AM   #3
sugizm

Likes (Received): 0

hie Darshan~ plaza rakyat was supposed to be the 8th tallest but now it is on hold.. check the discussion of reviving plaza rakyat here http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...t=plaza+rakyat

its good to have good airports in the region wat?
Old November 19th, 2004, 05:48 AM   #4
Darshan

Likes (Received):

hey thanks for that.. good to see construction is apparently underway or its getting to that stage. we need all the skyscrapers we can get. we wouldnt want to be overtaken by the mega rich dubai
Old November 20th, 2004, 09:38 AM   #5
D_Y2k.2^

yea man.Dubai is dominating the world's skyline
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #6
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 6

PLAZA RAKYAT | Kuala Lumpur ( Jalan Pudu ) | 79F, 46F, 24F | Stalled

link
Projek Plaza Rakyat dijangka siap 2007

utusan.com.my 11/10/2005

KUALA LUMPUR, 10 Okt. - Projek pembangunan Plaza Rakyat di Jalan Pudu yang dirancang menjadi pusat pengangkutan awam bersepadu di tengah ibu kota dijangka siap pada 2007.

Timbalan Menteri Wilayah Persekutuan Datuk Zulhasnan Rafique berkata kerajaan telah bersetuju melanjutkan kontrak kepada Plaza Rakyat Sdn. Bhd. (PRSB) untuk menyiapkan projek itu sehingga 31 Mei 2007.

PRSB telah diminta untuk menyedia dan mengemukakan jadual kerja sehingga tarikh itu kepada Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) selaku pemaju bersama projek, katanya menjawab soalan Fong Kui Lun (DAP-Bukit Bintang).

Zulhasnan berkata daripada laporan DBKL, projek tersebut telah menunjukkan kemajuan dalam kerja-kerja pembinaan.

Kementerian Wilayah Persekutuan melalui jawatankuasa pemandu kajian projek sentiasa memantau projek terbengkalai termasuk kelewatan projek tersebut, katanya.

Beliau berkata projek itu yang berhampiran stesen bas ekspres dan teksi Puduraya diletakkan di bawah status projek terbengkalai yang diaktifkan semula. - Bernama

Last edited by TYW; January 1st, 2011 at 08:52 AM.
pedang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:36 PM   #7
Subangite

excellent!
Old December 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #8
musang
abed

Likes (Received): 2

selamat dtg pedang...

can they complete everything by '07.. or will it be only the first phase sahaja?
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #9
yung85

ummm can someone summarize that in english plz?? i dont know bahasa
yung85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #10
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1793

Plaza Rakyat

nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #11
ashbrooke

i thought the project has been held back for long.. that's a great new..
But, i wonder if it's going to make the trafiic in that area worse? Just my point of view..
ashbrooke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 03:54 AM   #12
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

hope this time it's true. i have read many revival of Plaza Rakyat news but till now....NOTHING

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #13
D_Y2k.2^

I totally agree with u TYW.I've been waiting till my interest on Plaza Rakyat is slowly fading away la
Old December 6th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #14
Pengui
Tallest on his iceberg

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung85
ummm can someone summarize that in english plz?? i dont know bahasa
Yes please ! ;-)
Pengui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #15
Subangite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedang
link
Projek Plaza Rakyat dijangka siap 2007

utusan.com.my 11/10/2005

KUALA LUMPUR, 10 Okt. - Projek pembangunan Plaza Rakyat di Jalan Pudu yang dirancang menjadi pusat pengangkutan awam bersepadu di tengah ibu kota dijangka siap pada 2007.

Timbalan Menteri Wilayah Persekutuan Datuk Zulhasnan Rafique berkata kerajaan telah bersetuju melanjutkan kontrak kepada Plaza Rakyat Sdn. Bhd. (PRSB) untuk menyiapkan projek itu sehingga 31 Mei 2007.

PRSB telah diminta untuk menyedia dan mengemukakan jadual kerja sehingga tarikh itu kepada Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) selaku pemaju bersama projek, katanya menjawab soalan Fong Kui Lun (DAP-Bukit Bintang).

Zulhasnan berkata daripada laporan DBKL, projek tersebut telah menunjukkan kemajuan dalam kerja-kerja pembinaan.

Kementerian Wilayah Persekutuan melalui jawatankuasa pemandu kajian projek sentiasa memantau projek terbengkalai termasuk kelewatan projek tersebut, katanya.

Beliau berkata projek itu yang berhampiran stesen bas ekspres dan teksi Puduraya diletakkan di bawah status projek terbengkalai yang diaktifkan semula. - Bernama

Ok, for the requests to have this summarized I did something better I've translated this article, well I'm going to do my best at it anyways, I usually go months on end without using malay, so this is a good exercise to brush up. Just to to give some caution, I have never studied malay or sat for any exam on it. My only knowledge of it is because it is my mother tongue, my first language, its what I used to speak at home.

Project Plaza Rakyat expected to be completed by 2007.

utusan.com.my 11/10/2005

Kuala Lumpur 10th August- The Plaza Rakyat Development project on Jalan Pudu thats planned to be a transportation center in the middle of the capital city is expected to be completed by 2007.

The Federal Territories deputy minister Datuk Zulhasnan Rafique said the government has agreed to renew and start a contract with Plaza Rakyat Sdn. Bhd. (PRSB) to complete the project by 31st May 2007.

PRSB has been asked to be ready and present its working schedule to meet the said date to the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL), which is a project joint developer said the minister whilst answering to Fong Kui Lun (M.P. DAP-Bukit Bintang).

Zulhasnan said from the DBKL report, the said project has shown progress in construction work.

The Federal Territories Ministry through its capacity for supervision of projects has always noticed these stalled projects, including late or behind schedule projects like the one mentioned.

He said that the project thats adjacent to the express bus and taxi terminal/station of Puduraya is classified under the status of stalled projects that has been reactivated or revived again. - Bernama

I hope it was a fair attempt at translating the article, for those who have actually studied malay, please correct me on my mistakes.

Last edited by Subangite; December 6th, 2005 at 09:12 PM.
Subangite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #16
Greg

Likes (Received): 33

Great! Thanks for the effort Subangite.
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #17
musang
abed

Likes (Received): 2

subangite is such a dear la Greg..

after being in mid-est lama sangat, my bahasa has become like pasembur rojak la..
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #18
White_soX

The Plaza Rakyat building looks like the building in Chicago eh?
White_soX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 04:33 PM   #19
yung85

here r some pics i took during summer in kl....

yung85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #20
Subangite

Greg, kein Problem, Es ist mit Vergnügen. Woher kommst du? Zurich? Oder du wohnst im Zurich? Bist du Schweizerdeutsch? Es tut mir leid, ich habe Langeweile.

musang, thanks for thinking I'm such a dear, though I sense sarcasm and dry wit.

yung85, Killer pics buddy, you really have some nice shots here. Where were you taking these pictures from, Menara Maybank, the LRT station? I like the cranes in the shot.

To everyone, has there been more substantial progress? I can't wait till they build this. Hmmm...