SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Irish Skybar

131K views 691 replies 121 participants last post by  Oriel 
#1 ·
and here we are... play nice people. if you post politics ill set the cats on you. they are watching.

See less See more
#3 ·
Rules, rules, rules. Laying down rules on what someone can or cannot write in a thread is, the fruits of a group of people who 'are control freaks' and now that they have their little 'irish thread' with Belfast in their now, they somehow feel compelled to set up a constitution on what one can or cannot write. You have turned a freedom of speech forum into a controlled and watched environment. The 'skybar' is a light hearted 'pub talk' environment, read other skybars. Pub talk is what ever one wants to discuss (as long as foul/offensive language, bigotry, hatred etc is not used). However you guys have turned this into a pub were the Landlord has a veto on what we say. Good idea setting up a political thread. I think most people if they want to write a political post they will put in that particular thread. But to keep going on about you can or cannot say, has turned this whole thred into a controlled shambles. The Belfast thread functioned very well on its own for well over a year, with no one complaining or trying to control the situation. See yah

#8 ·
Now come on, you got what you wanted now we want updates everyday, you dont want this to turn out like the Welsh sub forum, thats a bloody joke!

Is there anything going on in Galway at the moment as I have family over there and will be visitng next year some time!

#12 ·
Am I being really stupid?

What are people using to upload photos? I tried to post one that I have of the Titanic Quarter, but without success. Initially I thought it was because my profile won't allow me to post attachments (whys that anyway?), and then I tried using flickr, but it didn't work either.

Would appreciate some advice and comment, other than the obvious charge that I'm evidently computer illiterate.

#24 · (Edited)
Dear god......80's rock chicks

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/13315

And your one in the back is "pleasantly plump" shall we say aswell.....notice how they keep here in the shade safely out of view...:lol:

The Latvian song was pretty good though I thought (song 5). Better then that. Though probrably would have been strange sending it.

The contest is a joke anyway. We could send U2 and would not win.

And, yes, it should be scrapped.

#28 ·
The U2 tower is on ice until the property market stabilises. The reason for that primarily is it's "trophey project" status. I can't see construction starting on it until end 2010 - maybe even 2011. As for the Titanic Quarter in Belfast, I will leave that for the locals to judge, as im not really in a posistion to judge it's viability economically. It's important that people don't get hung up on the tougher times. Yes some projects will be delayed - maybe even scrapped but the important thing is that Ireland can posistion itself faster then most to benefit from the upturn. More importantly the upturn will be export driven. No project should be written off. The climate will become suitable faster then people think I feel.