daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > East Midlands Forum

East Midlands Forum For Nottingham, Derby, Lincoln, Leicester, Corby, Northampton, and Milton Keynes.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1
thompski
Wilderslowe Tower

Likes (Received): 0

DERBY | Pride Park | The Point | U/C

http://www.thepointpridepark.co.uk/

This is the last area of land on Pride Park, a large brownfield site (former train works) to the South East of Derby city centre. Mostly office buildings, car showrooms and of course Pride Park Stadium it has been a massive success for the city and the region as a whole. Not architecturally significant (apart from the Roundhouse/Derby College) but worthy of note.

The Point is situated next to Derby Train Station, and is being developed by Cedar House who have done alot of business parks around the Midlands current occupants;
  • Carter & Carter - for a new 90,000 ft² training facility
  • EMDA - for the new UK National Rail Centre
  • Inter-County Properties - for a new 30,000 ft² serviced office facility
  • Ramcore - for a new 130 bedroom Ramada encore hotel

I don't venture down to this part of the city but I believe it is under construction, last time I saw some building frames and road kerbs being laid though the former could be an adjacent development.

Design wise its different to other stuff one Pride Park, a lot less brick and stone and more modern looking.

Sponsored Links

Old March 1st, 2008, 12:12 AM   #2
The Rams

Likes (Received): 0

I also heard they were building the new National Train Centre at the Point.
The Rams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: