daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Phototeka

Phototeka Urban photo's of skyscrapers, skylines, architecture and cityscapes

Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1
Sarajka

Likes (Received): 1

Sarajevo - Street by Street, Building by Building

Vrelo Bosne
The Springs of the River Bosnia are, metaphorically speaking, the Springs of our State. The river gave the name to the country.

Marshall Tito Boulevard

Bosniak Institute

Tunnel Museum
The tunnel dug from the city to safe, Bosnian-controlled territory during the war was the only way to get food, medicine, and other necessities into the city. An interesting bit of information: No people with diabetes died from the disorder once the tunnel was completed.

Miljacka River

Post Office

Ferhadija Street
City Market, Cathedral of Jesus' Heart.

Saraci Street
Gazi Bezistan, Mosque, Bascarsija

Gazi Husref Bey's Mosque

Vratnik-Kovaci

Parliament

Holiday Inn

Bosmal City Center

Jajce Castle & Hotel Saray

Continental Hotel

Olympic Graveyard
People were burried on football fields, etc, because the regular graveyards were either full or too dangerous.

University of Law

Strosmajerova Street

Bascarsija

That's enough for Page 1.
Sarajka no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 3rd, 2005, 09:34 PM   #2
yugoboy
Emperor of Unitic

wow... Just as beautiful inside.
yugoboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2005, 10:28 PM   #3
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 85

bjudifl pikchrs ov - bjudifl cidi

:bucibuci:

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #4
Sarajka

Few more

Gazi Husref Bey's Mosque

Church of Jesus' Heart

Bascarsija

Gazi Husref Bey's Bezistan

Carsija Mosque

Strosmajerova Street
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:56 AM   #5
dejan
BANNED

Wow those are great photo's!
dejan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM   #6
Hollandski_KGB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

hey Sarajka i heard that you there is no MCDonald´s in Sarajevo ?
Its a little strange for a city with that size, how´s that ?
Hollandski_KGB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #7
Sarajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandski_KGB
No idea, but I support it.

There was talk of one being in Bosmal, don't know if there will be?

But I haven't heard it mentioned in a while, McDonald's in general, there could be one in some suburban mall now for all I know.
Old September 4th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #8
MIMICA

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandski_KGB

Actually, there is a really simple answer to your question.
People in Sarajevo much rather prefer the cevap. They’re really tasty, not that bad for you, made quickly, you can even get them home delivered.
While, McDonalds would be much more expensive, and is way to unhealthy for you.

Either way, there are places in the city/country that sell hamburgers, fries, etc. They’re also home delivered.
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #9
mirza-sm
Boznian

Likes (Received): 2401

this is one of the reasons
And the second reason is: Mc`Donalds should have opened in Sarajevo 7-8 years ago,but the Sarajevo government wanted to place only domestic (Bosnian and Herzegovinian) meat in MC`Donalds resataurants !? STUPID PEOPLE !! and Mc`Donalds policies arent like that,so they didnt want to open it at all..
but ive read in the newspappers that theyre starting the negotiations again..and probably soon some will open in Sarajevo
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #10
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper_BiH
this is one of the reasons
And the second reason is: Mc`Donalds should have opened in Sarajevo 7-8 years ago,but the Sarajevo government wanted to place only domestic (Bosnian and Herzegovinian) meat in MC`Donalds resataurants !? STUPID PEOPLE !! and Mc`Donalds policies arent like that,so they didnt want to open it at all..
but ive read in the newspappers that theyre starting the negotiations again..and probably soon some will open in Sarajevo
If any will open in Sarajevo, they’ll most likely open in Ferhadija or something like that. Most likely areas where tourists will pass by, since they know locals won’t eat their garbage.
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:32 PM   #11
Sarajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMICA
If any will open in Sarajevo, they’ll most likely open in Ferhadija or something like that. Most likely areas where tourists will pass by, since they know locals won’t eat their garbage.
I certainly hope so.

I think it's a crime they're even allowed to sell that shit to people. And I'm not joking, although...

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go have a smoke.

EDIT: At least smoking doesn't make you fat, though. I'd rather die of lung cancer than be fat.
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #12
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarajka
I certainly hope so.

I think it's a crime they're even allowed to sell that shit to people. And I'm not joking, although...

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go have a smoke.

EDIT: At least smoking doesn't make you fat, though. I'd rather die of lung cancer than be fat.

Old September 5th, 2005, 01:37 AM   #13
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 50

Nice pics of a beautiful city.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2005, 01:48 AM   #14
BosRoker
Tomorrow comes today

I hope all Bosnians who still live in Bosnia understand that you guys don't want McDonalds in Bosnia! Trust me. It seems like some symbol of the west and of capitalism and a popular restaurant, but really it's a piece of shit. The food is not that good, and if you knew the way that company treated it's workers.. plus, where McDonalds and fast food go, obesity follows, as well as destruction of local cuisine restaurants. If our government knew what it was doing it wouldn't allow a McDonalds anytime soon. I was hoping that would be the case, but now according to you it seems like they've started negotiations again.. fucking hell. I don't want to see the golden arches anywhere near the Bascarsija. Put it in Lukavica or some place. Worsen their health and eating habits.
"People are not little stones, or keys in someone's pocket, that can be moved from one place to another just like that... Therefore, we cannot precisely arrange for only Serbs to stay in one part of the country while removing others painlessly. I do not know how Mr Krajisnik and Mr Karadzic will explain that to the world. That is genocide." - Ratko Mladić, May 12, 1992
BosRoker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2005, 01:57 AM   #15
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3D3NI
Put it in Lukavica or some place. Worsen their health and eating habits.
Old September 5th, 2005, 02:21 AM   #16
Sarajka

Quote:
I hope all Bosnians who still live in Bosnia understand that you guys don't want McDonalds in Bosnia! Trust me. It seems like some symbol of the west and of capitalism and a popular restaurant, but really it's a piece of shit. The food is not that good, and if you knew the way that company treated it's workers.. plus, where McDonalds and fast food go, obesity follows, as well as destruction of local cuisine restaurants. If our government knew what it was doing it wouldn't allow a McDonalds anytime soon. I was hoping that would be the case, but now according to you it seems like they've started negotiations again.. fucking hell. I don't want to see the golden arches anywhere near the Bascarsija. Put it in Lukavica or some place. Worsen their health and eating habits.
I remember a special on television about how different groups of people have evolved different immunities based on their surroundings, etc. It's not racial at all, black people from different regions of Africa have all sorts of differences between themselves, as do white people in Europe.

But two of the things that stuck with me were than native Americans have very low tolerance for alcohol. What would give a white American a buzz, a native American will be loaded drunk from.

And...*drumroll*

"Some regions of southeast Europe", was their term, not Slavs or Balkanites, but: People in some regions of southeast Europe have an "extraordinary ability" to deal with fat. They burn it faster, they process a higher quantity, and they tend to shit out what isn't used instead of storing it (ie: getting fat).

There were also Kenyan prostitutes immune to the HIV virus, a bunch of other interesting things!
Old September 5th, 2005, 03:43 AM   #17
BosRoker
Tomorrow comes today

lol, and I thought that was just because of the siege and UN rations.
"People are not little stones, or keys in someone's pocket, that can be moved from one place to another just like that... Therefore, we cannot precisely arrange for only Serbs to stay in one part of the country while removing others painlessly. I do not know how Mr Krajisnik and Mr Karadzic will explain that to the world. That is genocide." - Ratko Mladić, May 12, 1992
Old September 5th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #18
mirza-sm
Boznian

Likes (Received): 2401

Quote:
I live in Bosnia.. and i want Mc`Donaaalds param pam pam paaaaaam I`m Loviiiiiiii`n it i used to live in Sweden u know.. and they have McDonalds over there for ur info :P and its gr8,i was there almost every day yumm yumm
as the matter of fact,i wouldnt support oppening ONLY McDonalds in B&H ,id support also Burger King and Pizza Hut
Old September 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #19
Sarajka

^ There's already a Burger King.
Old September 5th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #20
BosRoker
Tomorrow comes today

Neko treba hitno objaviti bosanski prijevod "Fast Food Nation"-a.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: