daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013)

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Archives

Old March 17th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #1
chrisaus

Likes (Received): 4

Renaissance 140

Renaissance 140 refurbishment will commence in April 2003 with 65% of the $34 million being spent on the building services. This is expected to be the largest ever refurbishment of a Perth CBD building. The first refurbished floors will be available by July 2003. Major works will be undertaken on the building air conditioning system, lifts and other services. Renaissance 140 will have an extended ground floor lobby and new Welcome Hall which reaches almost to St Georges Terrace. Refurbished building showers, new ground floor cafe, new conference facility and disabled toilets on all levels are all other features of the refurbishment. Renaissance 140 has a goods lift to all levels and extensive onsite storage facilities.

http://www.propertylook.com.au/listi...20786&pageNo=1
chrisaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 17th, 2003, 10:16 AM   #2
Dilaz89

Likes (Received): 749

i hope they do something with that facade after this
BTW is now called renaissance 140?
Dilaz89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2003, 07:21 AM   #3
chrisaus

Multiplex wins $34m tower rejig
MULTIPLEX has been awarded a $34 million contract to refurbish the AMP building in a project touted as the biggest office tower refurbishment in Perth's history.

The building, at 140 St Georges Terrace, was built in 1975.

The departure of Freehills to the QV1 building has freed 6000sqm of office space in the AMP building and Computer Sciences Corporation's move to Subiaco later this year will take the total vacant space to about 11,000sqm.

Multiplex director John Flecker said the refurbishment would give the building a more prominent entrance.

To ensure the works did not disrupt tenants, the alterations to the entrance would be done in two parts.

Mr Flecker said the entrance work would be completed by the end of this year.

"This will transform this building from a 1975 building to a modern, brand new office space," he said.

"The biggest challenge will be to keep the tenants and the client and the public happy as the works take shape."

Major work will be staged to cause minimum disruption to the tenants, which include Euroz Securities and the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity.

The A-grade sector of the CBD office market is now very competitive, with big spaces opening up.

Research indicates 120,000sqm of impending vacancy in this segment over the next 18 months.

Because of the cost and risk associated with construction, some city office property owners have opted for refurbishment to restore a competitive advantage.

In addition to the AMP building, Cape Bouvard's CTA building is slated for a major redevelopment and Hawaiian Management Group's 182 St Georges Terrace is nearing completion.

CB Richard Ellis commercial leasing director Andrew Denny said the leasing campaign for the AMP tower had already started, with prospective tenants already looking at the space.

"This is the biggest refurbishment in Perth," Mr Denny said. "This is going to result in a top-quality product with a brand new ground-floor lobby."

The majority of the refurbishment work, developed by architects Cox Howlett Bailey Woodland, will take place over the next 12 months, but the entire project will run over three years.

AMP Henderson development projects manager Stephen Clement said the upgrade would really bring the building up to A-plus standard.

"Other than the facade everything will have a new feel," Mr Clement said.

The AMP Building will compete with other refurbished office towers, including the top two floors of 225 St Georges Square.
www.thewest.com.au
Old April 9th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #4
RocStar
Perth's Beach

Likes (Received): 231

That is the best pic I've seen of the AMP building
Old April 9th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #5
chrisaus

it such a shame they are not doing up the facade. its going to have a massive overhall though, $34million is a heap of money. hopefully for some reason they need to work on the plant and have a massive crane on site shows the weakness of the market with re-furbishments like this fighting for tenants. again this might be a blow for the chances of a new tower as rents will probably be cheaper. i hope the new entry on the crn and will and st georges terrace turns out to be something spectacular, also the cafe will be good for bring some more life to the terrace. hopefully they atleast illuminate the facade at night or something..
though AMP isn't hot, i don't see it as an ugly tower, and it reflects the 70's, if we loose that facade we won't have much to remind us of the past [not that I care that much]
Old April 9th, 2003, 07:16 PM   #6
RocStar
Perth's Beach

Yeah not many people favour the poor AMP building.
Apparently the street level refurbishment should be a real treat.
Old April 10th, 2003, 02:35 AM   #7
chrisaus

yes im hopeing for big things for the foyer, though after reading the proposal from the council minutes, the ground level area isnt having such a big redevelopment. hopefully it will be like parmelia house's foyer thats funky....
Old April 10th, 2003, 05:46 AM   #8
PinkFloyd

Likes (Received):

I would like to see a small modern shopping complex around the base like they have put around the base of alot of office towers in Sydney and Melbourne (dare I say it, probably Brisbane too) when they have been redeveloped.
Old April 10th, 2003, 09:41 AM   #9
Perth4life

Likes (Received): 5

hey i recon that the amp building is 20-30 years old maybe even more i dont no exactly do u ? you can tell its older than the others because its a very ugly building ( colour wise ) !
Perth4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2003, 04:39 PM   #10
chrisaus

construction has started on the entry, the outdoor area on the crn of the terrace and william street is fenced of

i agree sean a retail complex would be great
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:40 AM   #11
chrisaus

renaissance140.com.au

Last edited by chrisaus; May 14th, 2003 at 03:39 PM.
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:25 AM   #12
Dilaz89

i was up there the other day and the last 9 levels are blocked off. are they getting new elevators cause the current ones are ok. i think theres a deck or sumfin up there past the last office floor
Old May 13th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #13
RocStar
Perth's Beach

Is that a water feature and alfresco I see!
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:41 PM   #14
NZer
De-regulate them hours.

Likes (Received): 6

Aaaah,nice!
A huge improvement.Life at the base of a 70's office building,instead of just concrete.

St Georges Tce is sweet!
NZer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #15
chrisaus

might get aname change as AMP are moving the rest of their staff [2 floors] to West Perth
Old June 8th, 2003, 02:00 PM   #16
Dilaz89

fuk west perth with all their short ass, cheap rent buildings!!! this is gonna add to the office overkill!!!
Old June 8th, 2003, 05:52 PM   #17
chrisaus

its great their moving to west perth & subiaco instead of suburban office parks, atleast its keeping workers in the inner city
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:39 AM   #18
badboy

Likes (Received):

i reckon its a fantastic idea

by da way nice pics
Old June 14th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #19
chrisaus

there's massive coloured renderings on site [crn william & the terrace]
Old June 15th, 2003, 10:45 AM   #20