daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 16th, 2018, 01:42 PM   #2041
L2
King of Bali

Likes (Received): 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakenhamtrain View Post
That two week shutdown is to move the trains onto the new line.
Seriously!? That soon!? Not that I've been down that far for a few months.

Had a look at the Caulfield to Oakleigh section today, good progress but still much more to come. I like the new section of viaduct where the line briefly parallels the Princes Highway, there's one bit where the height of a building is pretty much exactly the same as the viaduct height and you don't even see it.

Might have to go ride the last ever train over the Noble Park crossings, though I don't really feel too tempted to travel to Dandenong arriving at 1am

chewy5000 liked this post
L2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #2042
marki
Moon Transit

Likes (Received): 700

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, another level crossing is being removed starting today.

Buckley Street Level Crossing Removal Begins
Minister for Public Transport, 24 January 2018
https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/buckl...emoval-begins/

Quote:
Work has begun to remove the dangerous and congested level crossing on Buckley Street in Essendon.

In the coming weeks, construction crews will begin to relocate underground utilities, remove vegetation and establish work sites as part of the $114 million project.

The Buckley Street level crossing is one of Melbourne’s worst. The boom gates are down for about 78 minutes during the two-hour morning peak – causing congestion, frustration and delays for the 11,000 drivers that use it each day.

Removing the crossing will improve journey times and traffic flow, make the area safer for drivers, local pedestrians and hundreds of students who travel to the nearby schools each day.

The Level Crossing Removal Authority (LXRA) has worked closely with the community, traders, transport providers and technical experts over the past 18 months to refine the design so it meets the needs of Essendon residents and visitors. The project team will continue to work closely with stakeholders as work progresses this year.

The design for the project includes new accessible ramps under the station entrance canopies, pedestrian signals to boost safety and streetscaping work on Rose and Russell streets, as well as new cycling facilities.

The Andrews Labor Government is not wasting a moment getting rid of dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne – 11 crossings are already gone and work is underway on 17 more, including Buckley Street.

The final designs for the Buckley Street level crossing removal can be viewed at levelcrossings.vic.gov.au or by visiting the Essendon Info Hub at 20 Russell Street.

Too much time alone on ur keyboard ... Lets meetup instead
marki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #2043
Drunkill
Lord Melbourne

Likes (Received): 1012

The Noble Park level crossings will close by the end of the month (so next week I guess) and then the new track section will open in the next three weeks at the end of the shutdown I suppose.

https://twitter.com/rwillingham/stat...25707745517568
Old Today, 04:04 AM   #2044
Myrtonos

Likes (Received): 9

Here is the Mooney Valley city council's submission from two years ago. Too bad they aren't getting their way.

Last edited by Myrtonos; Today at 04:20 AM.
Myrtonos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:29 AM   #2045
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3466

Is there an online version? I can't access your C:
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 AM   #2046
Myrtonos

Likes (Received): 9

That is the online version, you just need a pdf reader, such as Adobe Acrobat, to open it.
Myrtonos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:35 AM   #2047
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3466

file:///C:/Users/myrto/AppData/Local/Temp/Submission%20-%20LXRA%20-%20Essendon%20Grade%20Separation%20-%20Dec%202016.pdf

This is the address that's showing. For the online version, you need to right click the link and copy the link from there.
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #2048
somethinglikethat

Likes (Received): 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtonos View Post
Here is the Mooney Valley city council's submission from two years ago.
That wet dream was never, ever going to happen. Fanciful and completely uncosted.

17 floors up liked this post
somethinglikethat no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mandurahboyz