SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DISCUSS: Favorite North American Skylines

4M views 22K replies 924 participants last post by  Zaz965 
#1 ·
Discuss the best North American skyline here.

#601 ·
Only the western part of Midtown. Central and eastern Midtown has some of the most notable and tallest scrapers in Manhattan so we will still have a nice view of these parts when shot from this vantage point.
I said :

The new WTC will block a bit of that view in a couple of years.

From that particular vantage point, much of the Times Square buildings will be blocked, which is a considerable portion of the Midtown skyline west of 5 Av. - not a small chunk indeed.

#605 ·
I so really appreciate Montréal skyline. I think it's one of the best in the world even if it's not that big, the tall building are class and the rest is a great mixt of old architecture.

So yeah, I've never seen any other city than Montréal in North america, exept in picture, but I can tell you that Toronto, even if it have a little skyline compared to your's standart, I really appreciate it. The CN tower really is a amazing structure and probably the most known in America. The skydome, making that little rebound look really great into the skyline. And what about the big among of skyscraper coming in, i'm really happy to see Toronto booming, and hopefully in the future Montréal.

Be sure that Montréal and Toronto are in my top 5!

Don't that i'm a Canadian fachist, I really admire other city in United state too :p

#607 ·
I so really appreciate Montréal skyline. I think it's one of the best in the world even if it's not that big, the tall building are class and the rest is a great mixt of old architecture.

So yeah, I've never seen any other city than Montréal in North america, exept in picture, but I can tell you that Toronto, even if it have a little skyline compared to your's standart, I really appreciate it. The CN tower really is a amazing structure and probably the most known in America. The skydome, making that little rebound look really great into the skyline. And what about the big among of skyscraper coming in, i'm really happy to see Toronto booming, and hopefully in the future Montréal.

Be sure that Montréal and Toronto are in my top 5!

Don't that i'm a Canadian fachist, I really admire other city in United state too :p
I like the vantage points to view the skyline. From Mont Royal it's quite nice and easy to spot the new buildings apart from the old. The mix is quite evident with Old Montreal being quite clearly separated from the current CBD.

#614 ·
I think New York City has the best skyline of the North.
But the City of Guadalajara is having some impresive constructions that will asure it's place in the top 10 skylines of the north.

Whit towers of 337m, and other's over 260m and 200m.

In total there are over 20 tower's in construction and planed whit a good height.

Cheers.

#617 ·
In terms of intensification we should look at Vancouver, which is seeing its skyline grow not only east-west (the view we usually see from Stanley Park or North Vancouver), but also north-south, hence if we look from False Creek, we'll see a totally different skyline, also made up of a lot of residentials, emerge.

#618 ·
Lots of intensification happening in Toronto as well. There are currently 14 buildings over 150m. This number will likely jump to over 35 in a few years. There are 37 built, proposed, approved and UC with the majority approved or UC.

6 towers are currently above 200 m in height with 8 more UC or sure to go up in months.

After a decade of stagnation in commercial highrise construction, the downtown area is once again full of activity.

High-rise Building Statistics for Toronto

1,718 completed
171 proposed
152 approved
107 under construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.