Harmony Office Center

Grzybowska 5a

CBD

EKO Park

Skyline from NEW Warsaw :D:D

I hope you like it ;)

See less See more
#1,244 ·
I agree that big road in the middle should have been designed as a zipper that connects both sides. maybe if there are nice sidewalks of sufficient width for staging and cafes supported by ground floor retail it might become an attractive ped street.

overall the project is superb, the traditional European perimeter blocks, courtyards, access to greenery, a decent amount of employment and mixed uses (could be more). I understand a galleria is coming and a city services office (ratusz) is being completed, good access to transit and there will be a new streetcar line in the future.

Reactions: erbse and rychlik
#1,251 ·
It's a little haphazard on the periphery in most cities, check out Vaughan and Mississauga outside Toronto proper. Comprehensive planning is finally catching up and such planned new towns as miasteczko Wilanow and Wilno are excellent examples of sustainable development and contemporary urbanism, although I feel some of the roads are overly wide.

#1,253 ·
You cannot compare the long-term policy planning approach and comprehensive planning process for approvals that Toronto suburbs (themselves part of larger regions) are subjected to (despite the end result in some municipalities) vs. the outskirts of Praga (specifically what I was referencing).

In the outskirts of Praga, there appears to be no coordination of services, street arrangements make absolutely zero sense (in terms of resource management, traffic management, implication for waste collection or public transit) and there was no consideration given to developing anything close to a defining character. That, in and of itself, is a marked contrast to the Wilanow development.

#1,254 ·
I gather you have been there recently, didn't realize it was so chaotic. admittedly I do see disturbing signs of sprawl such as strip malls even outside such urban gems as Krakow and signage is overwhelming. my other cousin's subdivision in Zielona Gora didn't have sidewalks until recently. hopefully a new generation of planners, my cousin among them, will be able to retrofit these areas aided by the necessary financial resources to do it properly.

#1,261 ·
#1,272 ·
#1,274 ·
I like this one much more than the Zaha Hadid.