SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Muntinlupa City

1M views 9K replies 382 participants last post by  LhexiMont 
#1 · (Edited)

#6,001 · (Edited)
Sana nga malipat na ang NBP sa N.E. at least it will be modernized at gawing secluded talaga para walang mga anomalya na nakakalabas yung mga bigtime na prisoners. Nung 1940s na hindi pa talaga populated ang Muntinlupa okay lang , but now hindi na viable. Hindi naman talaga puedeng forever yan dyan coz nagbabago ang panahon . If ililipat sa Fort Magsaysay , much better coz its within a reservation area of a military base .
It seems na ang development ng NBP is really leading to being a commercial zone . When Daang Hari road was built , it started and now , Daang Hari /SLEX link road is under construction it's definitely getting there. It's also within the area where a potential super business district may rise as vast contiguous lands of Dasmarinas , Bacoor and Muntinlupa itself converge .

#6,003 · (Edited)
Kahit museum lang yung main building na castle like then yung walled fortress retain din nila but alisin yung mga cell barracks at gawing open field park yung gitna, parang mini Intramuros . Yung Camp Sampaguita near Daang Hari na lang i demolished nila totally to become part of commercial area. I also wish na i redeveloped into a real central park yung sunken garden , NBP park , lagoon at grotto at yung fortress main NBP for tourist visit to generate income to maintain the central park if ever.

#6,005 ·
Good thing for the current city administration that they are putting up more government offices within the Justice Hall compound near Susana Heights access road.
By the way , what is being built on the vacant lot on both sides of access road of Susana Heights right before it cross SLEX ..its like a road network for what project ?

#6,006 ·
This are what I'm referring to na mga projects na planong gawin ng city government and includes a housing project in Laguerta at least there will be improvements there at isabay na rin pag ayos nung creek or river that serves as boundary of Poblacion /Tunasan . Sana magkaroon ng mga pocket park opposite ng Laguerta or dun sa vacant lot behind the waiting shed ng Manila bound buses . Yung mapuno na big vacant lot between the access road at Justice Hall building , private property ba ng Susana Heights yun ?

#6,008 ·
Most probably the vacant lot beside the Hall of Justice is SM's since the two residential projects such as Lindenwood and Brasilia Heights within Susana Heights are of SMDC's .
I will not be surprise , if this vacant lot will become a commercial or mixed-use development someday, especially that the Daang Hari/SLEX link road is within the horizon already and probably next year it will be finished. But I heard , there will be a commercial center near the Susana Heights interchange courtesy of Brasilia Heights

#6,011 ·
I hate to nitpick but it's:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Hehe. Anyway, Alabang and QC are two different animals. I have a lot of friends who are from QC who don't get Alabang... But it's not like I can get QC either. Haha. To each his own... However, if you're considering raising kids, I would say the south is much better as it is much less crowded as of the moment.

#6,012 ·
Don't worry hamak na mas maganda sa Alabang kesa sa QC. :cheers:
Beauty depends on the eye of the beholder.
I hate to nitpick but it's:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Hehe. Anyway, Alabang and QC are two different animals. I have a lot of friends who are from QC who don't get Alabang... But it's not like I can get QC either. Haha. To each his own... However, if you're considering raising kids, I would say the south is much better as it is much less crowded as of the moment.
definitely i will enjoy alabang, kaso lang parang ang hirap pumutang moa, megamall, greenbelt, az en! wala din masyado akong friends based in alabang

#6,014 · (Edited)
Regarding on the planned development of NBP Reservation , I hope the city government can allocate or expand the existing government university and along with it , if they can also build a minor sports complex with facilities such as track & field stadium , 25-meter swimming pool with diving section , tennis courts and multi-purpose arena . Supposed to be ganun yata ang plano during JRF's term sa Tunasan Baywalk since katabi rin ng Muntinlupa Science High School , but since 6 years nawala si JRF ,,di natuloy yung plano .
Anyway , mas okay if matuloy ito sa may NBP area in the future since it has vast space and will be more accessible.
Also, if NBP transfers in Nueva Ecija as reported , I hope that the city government complex will be built there
since the current city hall compound has limited space . I think its getting feasible now once the Daang Hari-SLEX link road became operational.
I am just wondering , if in case the National Penitentiary will transfer , what will happen to the houses occupied by jail employees . This housing allocations for employees also took up a chunk of the reservation area . As far as I know , the family of jail employee can only avail of the house if he is an employee . So if NBP transfers , they will also lose the house since its a government property .
Maybe , once it transfers , it will be a different setup because of the land's high value these times unlike 60 years or so ago . If the employees will opt to follow and relocate in NE which is likely to happen , they will probably be placed in midrise housing complex or still in a village type housing .
Nothing personal , but with the ways things such as corruption , anomalies , crimes happening in NBP since it's very accessible and not secluded as decades ago , I wholeheartedly wish it will be vanished from the city and transferred in NE within a military reservation site .
I even want to personally witness it when the time it officially close for good ...

#6,017 ·
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/business/2014/06/22/megaworld-expands-tourism-new-deal-349625
Sunday, June 22, 2014

MANILA–Megaworld expanded its development portfolio as it entered the tourism sector with the acquisition of a majority stake in Global-Estate Resorts, Inc. (GERI), the country’s biggest tourism estate developer. The company now owns 80.4 percent of GERI.

With the majority acquisition of GERI, Megaworld added around 3,000 hectares to its land bank and ownership of vast properties in Tagaytay, Alabang, Iloilo, Cagayan de Oro and Boracay. Megaworld now has close to 4,000 hectares of land in its portfolio, cementing the company’s leadership as the Philippines’ real estate giant.

“Megaworld’s acquisition of GERI signals our official entry to the country’s tourism industry. We will be bringing the 25-year expertise of Megaworld in mixed-use developments which we call ‘townships’ to the projects of GERI,” said Dr. Andrew L. Tan, chairman and CEO, Megaworld.

Among GERI’s biggest projects are the 1,149-hectare Twin Lakes, a European-inspired master-planned integrated tourism estate with its own vineyard on the rolling terrains of Tagaytay overlooking the famous Taal Lake. The estate will be home to themed residential villages, luxury condominiums, hotels and spa, a retirement community, schools, commercial and retail hubs as well as sports and leisure facilities.
Tagal sana naman umpisahan na njila pagplano sa lot nila sa Alabang. Hillsborough area ata to.

#6,018 ·
I wonder where in Hillsborough , as far as I know of sa Greenfield Devt. yung frontage commercial area ng Hillsborough na around 15-hectares . But in Alabang Hills , along Don Jesus blvd ay may mga malawak na vacant lots which looks like meant for commercial zone. Sana yun ang property ng Megaworld (GERI) in Alabang at start na nila i-develop para sumabay na ang Greenfield .
Don Jesus blvd. is accessible to West Service Road and its connected to Don Manolo blvd . which in turn is accessible to Alabang Zapote Road .

#6,019 ·
Don't worry there are other noteworthy malls such as Festival Supermall , Alabang Town Center , SM Southmall , StarMall , SM City BF and soon South Park District mall as well as
alternatives such as Molito , WestGate , CommerCenter , South Station to enjoy .
ay super, i super like my new area, harap lang ako ng molito naka tira ngayon, :) az en, very accessible lang sa mall, church at office, :cheers: