daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area > Transportation and Infrastructure

Transportation and Infrastructure Discuss mass transit, roads, bridges, airports, water management, etc here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do you support plans to possibly build managed toll & HOV lanes in the Tampa Bay Area?
Yes; and would use them daily 0 0%
Yes; but would only use them on an occasional basis 2 33.33%
Yes; but only if they really benefited me 0 0%
No; we need better solutions 3 50.00%
No; it is a huge waste of taxpayer funds 1 16.67%
Unsure 0 0%
Other opinion (please post) 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 15th, 2018, 04:01 PM   #421
apartmentev

Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
The Gateway Connector toll road and the corresponding TBX toll lanes Phase I officially gets underway next month.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/traffi...project?page=2
I don't understand why they couldn't have been building this simultaneously with the Ulmerton Road "improvements." I also wonder why they didn't build this first.
apartmentev no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2018, 01:25 PM   #422
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

FDOT has long cited that there was no money available for the Gateway Connector, just like they long cited that there was no money available for the Gandy Freeway. The money came along eventually, but in the case of the Gateway Connector, Lord Voldemort pushed it to high priority status and mixed it in with TBX Phase I.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 08:13 PM   #423
apartmentev

Quote:

FDOT has long cited that there was no money available for the Gateway Connector, just like they long cited that there was no money available for the Gandy Freeway. The money came along eventually, but in the case of the Gateway Connector, Lord Voldemort pushed it to high priority status and mixed it in with TBX Phase I.
Both of which should have built like 15 years ago.
Old January 17th, 2018, 03:00 AM   #424
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

The Gateway Connector should have been built 15 to 20 years ago. The Gandy Freeway between 4th St N & I-275 should have been done in the 70s, with the entire roadway from the Gandy Bridge to Gulf Blvd elevated by 2000 had the original plans gone through.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #425
apartmentev

Quote:
The Gateway Connector should have been built 15 to 20 years ago. The Gandy Freeway between 4th St N & I-275 should have been done in the 70s, with the entire roadway from the Gandy Bridge to Gulf Blvd elevated by 2000 had the original plans gone through.