search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Maharashtra > Nagpur

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM   #1
IU
->

MIHAN Project - SEZ Update Thread

I believe it is best to keep SEZ related news out of the Aviation subforum since it doesn't have anything to do with aviation. So this thread from now on will serve to track all the updates on the MIHAN SEZ.

Last edited by IU; April 30th, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM   #2
IU
->

x-posting the last couple of posts from the MIHAN thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateenb View Post
TCS Nagpur facility to be operational from Nov 2008

The Nagpur facility, which began its construction in 2007, would be completed by November this year and would have a seating capacity of close to 8,000-10,000.

Here is the link....

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...0352860400.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
some renderings of the U/C DLF IT park from a PDF

Quote:
Can anybody give me names of British and American companies which are coming in DLF IT PARK at NAGPUR. I have heard that these names have already been finalised...
Quote:
Copyright DLF

Here is the DLF site link on which they have mentioned and given layout of DLF NAGPUR IT SEZ..

http://dlf.in/wps/portal/offices?jsp...ownloadpdf.jsp

Quote:
Shapoorji Pallonji's SP Infocity Nagpur work has started.. This is really great news.. Hope we soon here the same news for Ascendas..... Here is the link....

http://esakal.com/esakal/04162008/NagpurB21B9716DE.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_NGP View Post
This info in from www.madcindia.org.

CONSRUCTION ACTIVITY IN PROGRESS

Project Water Supply & Sewage System
Consultant M/s. Kirloskar Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Contractor M/s. Nagarjuna Construction Co. Ltd.
Project Cost about Rs.202 Crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 98.99
Progress 49.00%
Completion Date Janaury 2009

Project Road Network & Related Elements
Consultant M/s. SPAN Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Contractor M/s. PBA Sadbhav Joint Venture
Project Cost about Rs.143 Crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 107.36
Progress 75.08%
Completion Date December 2008

Project Rail Over Bridge & Interchange
Consultant M/s. Consulting Engineering Services India Pvt. Ltd.
Contractor M/s. AFCONS Infrastructure Ltd.
Project Cost about Rs.69 Crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 25.71
Progress 37.26%
Completion Date June 2008

Project Storm Water Channel Network
Consultant M/s. SPAN Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Contractor M/s. PBA Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
Project Cost about Rs.10 Crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 2.9
Progress 29.00%
Completion Date March 2008

Project Power Distribution Network Including Sub-Station
Consultant M/s. Mott MacDonald
Contractor M/s. Jyoti Structures Ltd.
Project Cost about Rs.98 Crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 25.00
Progress 25.51%
Completion Date April 2008

Project Telecommunication Network & Telecom Exchange Building
Consultant ( P&D) M/s. TATA Tele Services (Maharshatra) Ltd.
Consultant (PM) M/s. Matrix Technical Services (P) Ltd.
Contractor: M/s. Duraline India Pvt. Ltd./ Sadiq & Co. Engineer & Builders
Project Cost about Rs.12 crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 1.69
Progress 14.08%
Completion Date May 2008 & October 2008 respectievly

Project Central Facility Building
Design Consultant M/s. Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (ECC Division)
Contractor: M/s. Shapoorji Palloonji & Co.Ltd.
Project Cost about Rs.44 Croree
Cost of Work Done till date: 13.71
Progress 31.16%
Completion Date July 2008

Project Boundary Wall around SEZ
Design Consultant M/s. SPAN Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Contractor M/s. J. K. Pre- Stressing Works
Project Cost about Rs.7 Crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 6.65
Progress 95.00

Project Fire Station
Design Consultant M/s. Prasad & Associates
Contractor M/s. Yeses Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
Project Cost about Rs.4.55 Crore
Cost of Work Done till date: 0.38
Progress 0.86%
Old April 30th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Sid_NGP
!ncredible India!

Likes (Received): 0

Ushering

30 Apr 2008, 0409 hrs IST,Ramu Bhagwat,TNN

Far from the madding crowds, on the outskirts of the city, massive infrastructure is taking concrete shape. Slowly but steadily, the dream project of Multimodal International Hub Airport at Nagpur (Mihan) and the special economic zone (SEZ) attached to it are turning into reality. The only government-promoted development project of its kind in the country should be on the track by March 2009 when all basic facilities are expected to be in place.

While the construction activity is progressing at a "satisfactory" pace at the site, in Mumbai top officials of the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) are busy completing a report on financial structuring of its proposed joint venture with the Airport Authority of India (AAI). "The report will be ready this week and will be sent to the cabinet secretary," MADC managing director and vice-chairman R C Sinha told TOI.

Last month, a committee of secretaries had asked for the final report on the stakeholding pattern and financial implications of the Mihan project. Once the structure is clear, the JV will be formed and it will take control of the Dr Ambedkar International project. The airport is central to the project that is billed to drive Vidarbha's economy to a new plane.

"Once on track, at least 1.25 lakh jobs will be created directly at the project, mainly in the IT sector. The economic activity that the Mihan-SEZ will spawn will generate more than two lakh jobs," says MADC chief engineer S V Chahande.

"Currently, 70% of road-building work is done. Transmission and distribution lines have been laid while work on telecom networks is nearing completion. The laying of water supply lines from the Wadgaon dam have almost been completed. Several investors, including Tata Automotive Ltd and DLF, have already started constructing buildings. The massive central facilities building of MADC, which is to provide work space of over 3 lakh sq ft, is coming up fast," said Ramesh Yaul, the company's general manager.

The delay in handing over the airport may have hit the airport development work. But, even as nitty-gritties of the joint venture and actual transfer of airport to the JV are being sorted out, consultants for the vital second runway have been shortlisted. "Bids will be finalised soon after these consultants make presentations next week," said Sinha.

The second runway is essential for Boeing's MRO depot. Denying that there was any delay on MADC's part for Boeing to start its work at SEZ, Sinha said Boeing has identified the 75-acre land plot and was in the process of signing the agreement.

The SEZ has already attracted a large number of IT players. The question now is whether the speculation of a likely slowdown in the sector because of possible recession in the US will hit the I-T investors in Mihan-SEZ.

But Sinha is optimistic. "If there is a slowdown or margin pressures in IT, Nagpur's chances can only improve.

Investors will prefer it because of lower land and manpower costs," he argues.

Satyam, one of the early birds, has applied for unit clearance from Union commerce ministry. "We have cleared its building designs and the commerce ministry's approval expected in a day or two will enable the company to start its construction work,'' said Sinha.

Of the 2000 hectares land acquired for SEZ, hardly 800 acres has been sold till date. Asked about slackness in land sales, Sinha claims MADC has deliberately put the sale on hold as it was picking and choosing quality end-users and discouraging speculative developers.

"The demand is robust and once the world-class infrastructure visible, investors will come in flocks. Mihan-SEZ is all set to be a success story and will change the economic scenario of the backward region," avers Sinha.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...ow/2997106.cms
Sid_NGP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Sid_NGP
!ncredible India!

TNT India plans 5 mega hubs - includes NAGPUR

TNT India, the wholly owned subsidiary of the Netherlands based TNT NV, European Transport giant, plans to set up five mega hubs in the country over the next few years. The hubs would be located at Nagpur, Delhi, Kolkata and one location each in the South and West (around Mumbai).

He declined to share the investment details for these facilities. However, each such hub could require investments in the region of €2 million, according to industry estimates.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...1450740700.htm
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #5
manonmars

Does any one has a list of residential real estate projects going around Nagpur Mihan? Thanks!
manonmars no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #6
jateenb
Jateen

Likes (Received): 18

Mahindra Lifespace JV to invest 5 bln rupees in Nagpur

Mahindra Lifespace JV to invest 5 bln rupees in Nagpur. MIHAN Nagpur story is growing

Here is the link....

http://in.reuters.com/article/domest...00165320080506
jateenb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM   #7
Sid_NGP
!ncredible India!

UPDATE

(c) bobs

Road in SEZ

DLF IT Park u/c

Old July 11th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #8
nagpur

Deccan Cargo lands at MIHAN

Deccan Cargo lands at MIHAN

NAGPUR: THE ambitious MIHAN project got a shot in the arm on Thursday with cargo major Deccan Cargo Private Limited signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) Ltd. for setting up their cargo operations from Nagpur ..... Full story at The Hitavada: Deccan Cargo lands at MIHAN

The opening line of this news in quiet misleading with the quote "THE ambitious MIHAN project got a shot in the arm". I guess the Hitavada reporters need to improve their English and learn the usage of it's proverbs
nagpur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #9
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

Likes (Received): 4

MIHAN inks cargo MoU with Deccan

Quote:
THE multimodal international hub airport in Nagpur (MIHAN) has bagged the first big-ticket investment in the cargo sector. Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC), the state-owned entity developing MIHAN and an SEZ in Nagpur, has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Deccan Cargo Private, a Deccan Airways company, to develop a cargo facility for Rs 1,400 crore.
Chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who heads MADC, and Deccan Airways executive chairman Captain Gopinath signed the MoU in Nagpur on Thursday. This is the first cargo facility being set up at MIHAN, a Rs 7,000-crore project, spread over 4,454 hectares around the existing Nagpur airport, which includes an SEZ to be developed on 1,475 hectares. MADC vice-chairman and managing director RC Sinha said 65% work had been completed on MIHAN so far.
The state-of-the-art Deccan Cargo facility will come up over 48 acres and the company will have 10 aircraft stationed in Nagpur for cargo movement, sources said. MADC officials said the cargo activity was expected to begin by January-February next year. “Wehave been in talks with Deccan Airways for the past few years in connection with the cargo facility and the talks materialised on Thursday. In fact, the company had plans to locate the cargo facility to Hyderabad, but MIHAN has pulled it off finally,” said an MADC official.
The MIHAN project aims at private investment of around Rs 40,000 crore which would lead to direct employment for 1.2 lakh to 1.5 lakh people. MADC has acquired about 2,000 hectares so far and sold off around 600 hectares of developed land to IT majors, realty firms, health sector companies and the hospitality industry. IT majors like Satyam Computers, Shapoorji Pallonji and L&T Infocity, and realty biggies like DLF and Ambuja Realty have purchased land in the SEZ. US aircraft manufacturer Boeing Corporation has announced an investment of $185 million in setting up a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility and an aeronautical training institute over 75 acres.
Civil aviation minister Praful Patel, who attended the MoU-signing ceremony, assured the audience that the Airport Authority of India (AAI) would hand over the Nagpur airport to MADC by the end of this month. MADC is also likely to sort out another major problem by the end of this month as it plans to sign an agreement with the defence ministry for handing over an alternative land for the Gajraj project. The project is located on the campus of the Nagpur airport, but will have to be shifted for MIHAN.
source economictimes epaper
Old July 20th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #10
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1568

Nagpur, Upcoming International city
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM   #11
_GrapeWine_

Likes (Received): 180

Essar bags order to set up 5-star hotel at MIHAN

Press Trust Of India / Nagpur July 31, 2008, 15:32 IST

Esssar Group-promoted Yojna Realties has bagged an order from the Mahrashtra Airport Development Company to set up a five-star hotel, utility center and a multiplex at the Multimodal International Hub Airport Nagpur.

The centre would have a five-star hotel, to be developed in a 10-acre area adjacent to the NH-VII on the Nagpur-Wardha road, MADC said in a release today.

The realty firm bagged the deal through a successful bidding process, outdoing two other companies, the release added.

The hotel would have an accommodation capacity for 1000 guests. There would be a service apartment to cater to the needs of long staying executives, it added.

The proposed hotel and centre would attract investments and accelerate the growth of the city, MADC added in the release.
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2008, 06:43 PM   #12
IU
->

Here are some pics of the trumpet interchange u/c on NH7 from my Passage to India 2008 thread. Check it out for Nagpur cityscapes and a coverage of the new VCA cricket stadium.

Old August 6th, 2008, 08:15 AM   #13
_GrapeWine_

Satyam's Campus @ SEZ

These are the renderings of Satyam's proposed campus by V.K.Associates @ mihan SEZ...

Old August 6th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #14
_GrapeWine_

Quote:
Here are some pics of the trumpet interchange u/c on NH7 from my Passage to India 2008 thread. Check it out for Nagpur cityscapes and a coverage of the new VCA cricket stadium.
Thanks IU!!! That's a terrific coverage of Delhi....great!!
can't wait for nagpur...
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #15
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GrapeWine_ View Post
Thanks IU!!! That's a terrific coverage of Delhi....great!!
can't wait for nagpur...
I've already posted all the pics from Nagpur. They start from the 12th page of my thread.

Cheers
Old August 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #16
_GrapeWine_

Quote:
I've already posted all the pics from Nagpur. They start from the 12th page of my thread.

Cheers
OOPS!! I saw first 6 pages, it was Delhi...then jumped on to last page...it was again delhi.....so i thought u haven't posted nagpur pics yet...LOL!
i guess i missed the reply where u mentioned you'll be going back to delhi from nagpur...anyways
today, i saw the complete thread... Nice work man!!
in nagpur, it seems u didn't go to more crowded areas like buldi or sadar...?
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #17
IU
->

^ I didn't venture out as much as I would have liked to. Infact >80% of the pics were taken on the last 2 days of my visit.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM   #18
amco_in

FIRST IT BULDING IN MIHAN

HAVE U SEEN THIS TYPE OF BUILDING IN NAGPUR

Architect Bhooshan Kotwal
Plot No.84,"Padma Vilas"P&T Colony,
Cement Road,Opposite Durga mandir,
Pratap nagar,Nagpur
M:9922411172

THIS IS THE FIRST IT PARK BUILDING IN MIHAN WHICH IS ON MOVE FOR INAUGRATION VERY SHORTLY BELONGING TO CALIBER POINT.THE BIRD EYE VIEW AND ELEVATION IS UNIQUE AND DESIGNED BY MOST RENOWNED ARCHITECT OF NAGPUR MR.BHOOSHAN KOTWAL.
IT IS BEGINING OF THE MIHAN-ERA
amco_in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 04:17 PM   #19
amco_in

Devpt Commissioner’s nod to 9 units in MIHAN SEZ

Devpt Commissioner’s nod to 9 units in MIHAN SEZ

IT’S OFFICIAL now. About 9 units, mostly IT and ITES-based, have been given approval by the Development Commissioner, MIHAN - Special Economic Zone, to start work in their respective areas of operation. In effect, these units can now start construction and production activities at the Multi Modal International Cargo and Passenger Hub Airport at Nagpur.

The list of companies is impressive and includes DLF, Kolland, TAL Manufacturing Solutions, Satyam Computer Services Ltd., Caliber Point Business Solutions Ltd., Zeta Softech Pvt. Ltd., Zeon Solutions, TajSats Air Catering and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Construction majors including DLF and Kolland have given approval as the Co-Developers at MIHAN-SEZ. The Development Commissioner has also approved the ‘List’ for authorised operations for these two companies. The ‘List’ is a technical document and includes specified list of items that are given exemptions or concessions by the Department of Central Excise, Customs and Service Tax. The Delhi-based leading real estate developer of India DLF will be building an IT park in 140 acres of land while Tata Group’s Kolland will be coming up in about 100 acres of land. Both the companies have started their work in full swing. TajSats Air Catering is the largest airline catering service in South Asia. It is a joint venture between Tata Group of Hotels and Singapore Airport Terminal Services, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. Caliber Point Business Solutions Ltd., is the independent BPO arm of Hexaware Technologies Ltd., a leading global and IT and BPO services company. It provides end-to-end Business Process Outsourcing services to large global players and Fortune 1000 companies. About 90 per cent of their construction work is over and they are expected to begin their operations soon, revealed sources. Construction work of TAL Manufacturing Solutions is also on the verge of completion. The Tata Group company will be manufacturing spare parts for Boeing aircraft’s. The company is expected to start production soon, it was learnt. The only Nagpur-based IT and ITES company Zeta Softech Pvt. Ltd., too has got final approval. The 100 per cent export oriented unit specialises in providing data management services for oil and gas industry. USA-based Zeon Solutions, Inc. is in the business of providing high quality e-Business solutions and services to clients world-wide.
amco_in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #20
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1568

damn... how come i missed it before...
thats one crazy building

Tags
nagpur