daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 2nd, 2007, 02:20 PM   #41
richard24
at your service

Likes (Received): 11

ako gutom ako ngayon. wala na yung kinain kong kwek kwek kaninang umaga eh.

hunger suvey nanaman tayo. ano bang meron jan?

i'm not saying walang truly gutom out there, its just that hindi survey ang magdedetermine niyan. dahil relative ang gutom., alam naman natin ang mga pilipino, mejo exagerated.,

sino ba naglalabas ng ganitong survey, its just like asking kung ang mga pilipino ba natutulog o hindi.
richard24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM   #42
Insanedriver

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bariQ View Post
baka may diet boom
yes!
Insanedriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 03:19 PM   #43
iloilocitykid
Go Bords

Likes (Received): 0

Though the weather might have been stormy lately but this couldn't alone cause such a drastic rise. I believe the data is still wrong. Plus add to the fact, whatever happens bad, they blame the government or if there are good news, they find something bad and still blame the government. Bayan Muna...sheesh...
I always wonder why people in SSC fight over who has "better possessions" when the real battle is always poverty and social justice. It's sad to see a nation as great as the Philippines being divided into selfish regions for titles that would probably be forgotten in a week's time.

I believe people always fail to ask: what is real development?

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and by the grace of God I will do it. - Professor Winnie Monsod
iloilocitykid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 03:45 PM   #44
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 446

Tell them hungry people to view our Pagkain Thread!

(Okay, that was mean, but that was the first thing I thought of.)
Old October 2nd, 2007, 04:26 PM   #45
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 1977

hay naku. puwede rin ba silang gumawa ng survey ng hindi nakakatulog?
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM   #46
amigo32
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1759

alam mo bang pag gumawa sila ng survey nyang mga hindi nakakatulog , lalabas na kasalanan pa rin ng gobyerno?
amigo32 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 09:51 PM   #47
flymordecai

Likes (Received): 32

They would blame the construction noises of the government's infrastructure projects.
flymordecai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM   #48
earlat
A Proud GENERAL

Likes (Received): 187

self serving minsan ang SWS... What else is new?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM   #49
lumpia
| sariwa |

Likes (Received): 2

seems sad that the problem is actually getting worse nationwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjin P.
"We need more employment generating economics. One way is to develop MSMEs (micro-small-medium enterprises). They must have better access to finances," he said.
What, so by that he means more sari-sari right?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM   #50
jbd0130

Mali mali yang SWS survey na yan, akalain mo interview ka lang ng 1,200 respondent. Magsabi lang ng mga 50 na nakaranas sila ng gutom eh equivalent na sa 3M ka tao ang nagugutom.

Wala naman tumama sa mga survey nila maliban na lang doon sa alam na ng mga tao.
jbd0130 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:23 AM   #51
amigo32
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1759

saan sila nag survey? sa smokey mountain? hehehe wala na pala nun, sa tondo?
sa squatters area? 99% ng tao dun nagugutom. meron namn talagang problemang ganyan, pero bakit gusto nila laging ipamukha sa atin na lahat naghihirap pa rin, na kahit gumanda ang ekonomiya , may nagugutom pa rin.

dapat sa sws isarado na yang negosyong survey na yan at tumulong na lang sila sa solusyon.
amigo32 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:20 AM   #52
Maxxclip
Maximus Expelliarmus

Likes (Received): 6

Closing this agency wouldn't stop the problem..
why don't we just give them a good suggestion for them to survey... like
What is the best solution to our problem according to majority people.
Maxxclip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:45 AM   #53
allan_dude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Kung nationwide tumaas, sa region namin bumaba. Bakit kaya? Wala naman sa region namin major govt projects. Could this be because locals are prioritizing agriculture?

Heto article napost ko sa Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon and The Cordilleras Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_dude View Post
Fewer hungry folks noted in the Ilocos region

By Henry S. Lagasca

San Fernando City, La Union (24 September) -- The government's hunger mitigation measures such as the provisions of supplemental feeding program, Tindahan Natin and soon the Barangay Food Terminal (BFT) bolstered the significant decrease of provinces in the Ilocos region considered as less vulnerable.

Except for La Union, the provinces of Pangasinan, Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte were not included in the list of provinces as having a high rate of hunger incidence.

La Union falls under Priority 3 among the list of provinces nationwide tagged as less- vulnerable to hunger incidence.

Director Margarita Sampang of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), Ilocos region, said that the Tindahan Natin and the supplemental feeding program currently implemented in La Union, so far, benefited 10,631 families and 1,200 day care children, respectively.

The DSWD also reported that since June 2007, a total of 125 Tindahan Natin outlets were established covering the entire province.

The number of supplemental feeding beneficiaries is expected to increase by focusing more on the provinces' 5th class hinterland municipalities of Pugo, Santol, Burgos and Bagulin.

Sampang also said that surveys have been conducted in areas identified as "bagsakan" centers under the BFT program in coordination with local government units (LGUs).

Identified as initial BFT areas in the region, according to the DSWD, include barangays Sevilla and Pagdalagan in San Fernando City, La Union and the municipality of Sison in Pangasinan.

The hunger mitigation measures of the Arroyo administration being implemented in the region greatly contributed to the less- vulnerability status of Region 1 in terms of low rate in hunger incidence, according to the DSWD. (PIA Region 1)
allan_dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:26 AM   #54
wynngd
HRH

Likes (Received): 201

I think the problem with SWS is their statistics. Are they doing the right way of gathering samples? I think they just asked 1000 people on the road in a given time and that's it. Maybe they asked the people during the office hours where all that's left on the road are the jobless people. What I'm pointing here is that their survey does not agree with that of the current economic status of the Philippines. So it's either, SWS or the government have no credibility. But I beleive in the government this time that our econmy is growing faster than before so In my Opinion SWS survey is a BS.
wynngd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:29 AM   #55
zeejay
reader

Hindi ko nga rin maunawaan kung saan kinuha ng SWS ang data nila para sabihin na tumaas ang hunger rate ng bansa. Kaya siguro nag come up with such results ay dahil selected lang din ang respondents ng survey. Those who are already below the poverty line might be the respondents. Eh kung sila pa rin ang respondents ay talagang iyon ang resulta dahil alam naman natin na palaki ng palaki ang pamilya ng mga ito ngunit nananantiling maliit lamang ang kita nila kaya hindi sapat.

Mas maganda sanang ipromote na lang lalo ng media ang Tindahan Natin at Food for School Programs kaysa ipangalandakan ang resulta ng mga ganitong survey. Iprisinta ito sa gobyerno para magamit sa paggawa pa ng programa. Ang nangyayari kasi ay ginagamit lang ang mga ganitong survey para siraan ang administrasyon. As usual, like during the elections this survey must have been made possible through a generous benefactor from the opposition.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:47 AM   #56
michael677

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjin P. View Post
Hunger at a record peak

Moderate hunger, referring to those who experienced it "only once" or "a few times", rose to a record 17.4% in September from 12.5% in June. Counted in this category were those who did not state their frequency of hunger. -- What do you mean by this????????

Severe hunger — meaning it was experienced "often" or "always"rose to 4.1% from 2.2% in June. It remained, however, below the record of 6% notched in March 2001.

Overall hunger rose in all parts of the country except Metro Manila, where it went down to 17.7% from the record high of 22% in June.
On moderate hunger:
All of us experience "hunger" even ONCE ....in the past week or maybe just yesterday!! People from all walks of life experience it. Sometimes, the president herself misses meals.... so, let's be critical of these surveys. and to think that the bulk of the "hungry people" is what is referred to here.
On severe hunger:
It doesn't say how often is often... again, let's be critical of the survey

SWS surveys..

Last edited by michael677; October 3rd, 2007 at 08:57 AM.
michael677 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #57
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 1121

they need to go kimber or Penny's house.

well me I'm hungry every two hours but you know we have to control it.
i heard pandesal price is going up again. you know it would help if the prices of commodoties went down a bit.

crappypants liked this post a million times
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #58
great184
visionary

Likes (Received): 281

Yes pandesal went up from Php1 to Php2.50, which is a huge difference for a lot of people. Mind you all how prevalent malnutrition is in the Philippines. Im not sure about people starving to death, but I do know that a huge chunk of our population has a lot of nutrition deficiencies that lead to ailments like goiter.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:54 PM   #59
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 1121

yes so many malnourished with hydrocephalus (sp?) because if you don't have enough money to nourish yourself how can you nourish ten children. poor children brought into this world out of horniness of some irresponsible people, condemned to have a miserable life in an overall heartless society.

crappypants liked this post a million times
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #60
great184
visionary

Likes (Received): 281

Well at least now people from rural areas are having smaller families, if 4-6 children would be synonymous with a small family. Now in the provinces it is actually possible to live off the land and support the family, even with minimal income, though with some dietary nutrition insufficiencies. Of course transplant the same family in a highly urbanized city and quite likely most of their children will go starving for many days at a time.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote