daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 7th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #61
normandb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjin P. View Post
Hunger at a record peak

Survey indicates 3.8 million families experienced having nothing to eat
pero may pambili sila ng load in fairness mabuti na ang magutom kaysa maubusan ng load.
normandb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #62
Maxxclip
Maximus Expelliarmus

AGREE. (e.g. kapitbahay namin)
Maxxclip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #63
bariQ
i live in MINDANAO

baka tinanong nila ang mga respondents ng tanghali tapos d pa naka off! eh talagang sasagutin nila na gutom na gutom na sila ne severe, hinde kase nakapag almusal, kase malelate na, coffee lang
bariQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:51 AM   #64
flesh_is_weak
Oberste Richter

Likes (Received): 8

kasali ako dyan sa mga taong gutom...am on a diet kasi, gotta look good for the graduation pic
flesh_is_weak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:32 AM   #65
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 21

i experience hunger all the time! we all do or else, there'll be no need to eat.

what's the actual question by the way? shouldn't there be a clause "...because you have nothing to eat" or "...can't buy food to eat due to lack of money" or something like that?
c0kelitr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:56 AM   #66
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 445

What's with malunggay?

The fast-paced technology-connected modern day living gives Filipinos no ample time to prepare food. And in this I mean, food with the necessary nutrients our toxic-composed bodies needs daily.

Combating the toxic infection in our system is hard to do; finding the right thing to detoxify is much harder.

In the 80's, I still can recall that in our Youth Countryside Action for Progress (YCAP), a green-livelihood project initiated by the former First Lady Madam Imelda Marcos, we were taught how to do backyard gardening, animal raising, rice planting, composting, and other things similar to the TLE subjects of high school students today.

It was then the government first attempted to magnify the malunggay dish on the Filipino dining table. It was even tagged that malunggay is the food for the Filipino poor - the majority during the era.

Lately, the local Agriculture Office aggressively promotes the massive planting of the malunggay. For one, this is easy to propagate; second, it has high nutritional value; third, it has proven medicinal properties, and; lastly, it is commercially affordable.

According to the Provincial Agriculture Office (PAO), the variety can easily be raised in the sandy areas of Bacong, Dauin, and Zamboanguita, south of the province. I can find substance in the statement owing to the fact that along the highway, a motorist can even see a manifold number of malunggay lining the area.

It was even noted that malunggay, also known as kalamunggay by local farmers here, has seven times the Vitamin C content of oranges, three times the potassium of bananas, four times the Vitamin A content of carrots, and four times the calcium content of milk.

Other countries use malunggay to treat diseases. West African doctors for instance use malunggay to treat diabetes while in India malunggay is used to treat high blood pressure. The olden day Filipinos use this as antiseptic to wounds and skin infection - or as first aid, prior to final treatment.

It was even believed that it can be an alternative source of fuel, fertilizer, and livestock feeds.

In the market, among the vegetables available, malunggay is commercially affordable; you can just buy a bundle for P3.00.

Truly, besides being the staple for the needy, malunggay is a wonder in one. Undoubtedly, people in the island are just as blessed as the people of Canaan for having malunggay, a gift readily available.

In the late 90's, the Philippines was exporting saluyot, another local vegetable known for its fibrous properties, to Japan. Why not make an effective marketing strategy to make malunggay marketable and exportable to countries whose agricultural needs are dependent to the produce of the gloomy Philippines?

Do you think it's a good idea?
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #67
tonyboy

Likes (Received): 7

^yes, indeed..and it's so very easy to grow!

Last edited by tonyboy; October 16th, 2007 at 02:52 AM.
tonyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:51 AM   #68
Louman

Likes (Received): 0

How about we start forcing Jollibee to pump out a vegetarian menu? All that chicken and beef with whatever sauce it comes with does wonders with your cholesterol level. Haha.
Louman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #69
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

I very novel idea, but it's an uphill battle to win over the typically carnivore Pinoy appetite.

Hmm....talong burgers (lightly fried tempura battered eggplant) with soy cheese, topped with grilled portabello mushroom strips, arugula leaves, tomato slices, peppers, and onions wedged in between two whole wheat buns. What do you think?
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:53 AM   #70
zeejay
reader

Likes (Received): 0

I too experience hunger, due to missed meals lang, and minsan pag nagtitipid dahil kailangan ng pera for some reason like meh dapat bayaran. I'm here in Metro Manila and the standard of living is higher compared to that of the places outside MM. So evidently, if the people surveyed are here like me in Metro Manila, the result of the survey would really be high. If the survey is conducted outside the metro or within provinces, it is less likely to be high. The reasons too are relative.
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:56 AM   #71
Raven83
BANGED

Likes (Received): 33

nakahiya naman tong thread na ito sa mga poreyner ,napailing ako pag ito nakikita ko sa international page..pwede sinj itago na natin ang thread na ito...it wouldnt hurt a bit
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:20 AM   #72
Maxxclip
Maximus Expelliarmus

I think I will crave for more
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:36 AM   #73
Maxxclip
Maximus Expelliarmus

Special Noodle Soup:

2 Instant Noodles
1 Egg
A bundle of Malunggay
1 Med. Carrot (thinly slice)
2 ½ cups H2O
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:14 AM   #74
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

We do that too, sans the egg. We also add of mixed vegetables; carrots, peas, and corn.
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #75
amigo32
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1759

gutom ako ngayon. ilang minutes na lang kakain na.
amigo32 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #76
Maxxclip
Maximus Expelliarmus

More....

Corned beef ala mix

1 can corned beef
2 tablespoon butter
minced garlic
chopped onions
salt & pepper to taste
mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas)

walah!
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #77
nayki
inBUSYble

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiretoce View Post
What's with malunggay?

The fast-paced technology-connected modern day living gives Filipinos no ample time to prepare food. And in this I mean, food with the necessary nutrients our toxic-composed bodies needs daily.

Combating the toxic infection in our system is hard to do; finding the right thing to detoxify is much harder................?

Dapat nga ipromote to kasi sobrang dali lang itanim ng malungay, putol putulin mo lang iyong pinaka trunk nya tapos ibaon mo sa lupa iyong ibabang bahagi ng pinutol mo tutubo na iyon. Saka masarap na gulay iyong dahon at bunga nya...hehehe
nayki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #78
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Likes (Received): 1366

GMA sets aside $120M of China loan for big-ticket projects
By Paolo Romero
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
PhilStar
http://www.philstar.com/index.php?He...id=20071016190

President Arroyo has set aside $120 million out of China’s $1.8-billion loan assistance to finance anti-poverty projects and programs drawn up by local government units (LGUs).

China extended a $1.8-billion loan facility earlier this year to finance the roll out of big-ticket projects in the country, including rail projects and the Cyber Education Project.

Mrs. Arroyo also highlighted the connection between poverty, terrorism, human rights and peace in her speech at the regional workshop on the Establishment of National Human Rights Institutions in Asia at the Traders Hotel in Pasay City on Monday.

“To prioritize the provision of jobs, livelihood and basic services to eradicate extreme poverty, I hereby order the China Projects Oversight Panel to earmark an initial $120 million for programs and projects to be drawn up by local government units (LGUs) and agencies to uplift areas and communities suffering extreme poverty as identified by the National Anti-Poverty Commission,” she said.

Mrs. Arroyo was referring to the panel she formed last month to review projects funded by official development assistance (ODA) from China owing to the controversy over the government broadband deal.

The $120 million will be sourced from the Chinese ODA, said Secretary Cerge Remonde, Presidential Management Staff chief, who is also a member of the panel.

Trade Secretary Peter Favila, who heads the panel and is “minister-in-charge” for China, said the ODA was one of the outcomes of the economic cooperation pact earlier signed between the two countries.

He said the terms were very “concessional.”

Mrs. Arroyo said top priorities are LGUs with high incidence of severe and/or high unemployment. She said the move would be in consultation with bishops and non-government organizations.

The projects, she said, should be proposed by the end of the year for launching in 2008.

To expedite the implementation of projects, she also directed the Cabinet to begin preparatory work on programs and projects identified in the proposed P1.227-trillion national budget as approved by the House of Representatives.
3cr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM   #79
bariQ
i live in MINDANAO

nasa peak na ako ng hunger ko ngayon!!!! ang tagal ng kanin!!!!
bariQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #80
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 1974

ako nga, hindi pa nakakakain ngayon kasi late na ako nagising. sana na-interview rin ako ng sws at malamang kasama na ako sa moderate hunger
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote