daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction Developments in the DRC

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 5th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #1
screenshotartist
Engineer

Likes (Received): 17

KINSHASA | Belle Veu | Villas| Completed

I was wondering across the net when I came across this. Modern Villas Under Construction in Gombe Kinshasa. I am not sure if this has been posted on SSC before.

Thanks to Mr Butembo for telling me they have been Completed already. I have edited the topic title and set them under the completed category.

The Images date back to 2008 and they are all a courtesy of Hasan Jaffal

Last edited by screenshotartist; May 5th, 2010 at 08:24 AM.
screenshotartist no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 5th, 2010, 05:44 AM   #2
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 3007

Any website or info about the project?

I can't even see the picture on this computer, check it on a different computer.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #3
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Oh , these apartments were completed 3-4 years ago.
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #4
screenshotartist
Engineer

Thanks Butembo for the Info.

Are they any similar project for the future or under construction?

These look very good and I hope the developer has more plans in mind.
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #5
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

I like them as well and they look they can be built en mass and very fast. but i don't know they are any other projects like similar. i would like to see more like that.
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #6
Lubum09

Likes (Received): 4

I know a guy who is building a similar building (but a litle bit smaller) in ngaliema... I'll ask some pics. Real estate is the safest investment and this kind of projects does really improve the living standard... But in DRC it's not always easy to get a piece of land, and the rest is not easy at all... I hope that all the OHADA changes about business facilities will improve the situation.

DRC should have a real estate strategy such as in Kenya which will boost the economy and give many jobs to the congolese. That would contribute to the 5 yards of JK.
Lubum09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #7
screenshotartist
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubum09 View Post
I know a guy who is building a similar building (but a litle bit smaller) in ngaliema... I'll ask some pics. Real estate is the safest investment and this kind of projects does really improve the living standard... But in DRC it's not always easy to get a piece of land, and the rest is not easy at all... I hope that all the OHADA changes about business facilities will improve the situation.

DRC should have a real estate strategy such as in Kenya which will boost the economy and give many jobs to the congolese. That would contribute to the 5 yards of JK.
I would like to see some pics

Congolese really need to look at what others are doing and follow or try harder rather than admire and comment on how far behind we are or we could never do that.

What I would also like to see implemented is the eradication of slums such as the ones taking place in Nairobi. By that I mean Targeting places such as Masina or whichever is the worst slum and construct massive units with water and electricity.

This has been a great success in Kenya. Kibera in Nairobi is the world's second largest Slum, (Just a fact) but that is soon to be history
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #8
preme3000

Likes (Received): 616

I agree with all the above statements, these type of projects are much needed and don't require much in terms of finances and logistics. Construction is an easy industry to grow, my dream is to see a major public works program in a joint government-private effort.

Thanks for the pics also, I rememeber seeing it somewhere a couple of years back.
preme3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #9
Mulopwe

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by preme3000 View Post
I agree with all the above statements, these type of projects are much needed and don't require much in terms of finances and logistics. Construction is an easy industry to grow, my dream is to see a major public works program in a joint government-private effort.

Thanks for the pics also, I rememeber seeing it somewhere a couple of years back.
Well done by Congo Future.

Mulopwe
Mulopwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #10
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
Well done by Congo Future.

Mulopwe
That was Congo future project?
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #11
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
I would like to see some pics

Congolese really need to look at what others are doing and follow or try harder rather than admire and comment on how far behind we are or we could never do that.
Exactly

Quote:
What I would also like to see implemented is the eradication of slums such as the ones taking place in Nairobi. By that I mean Targeting places such as Masina or whichever is the worst slum and construct massive units with water and electricity.
That's what important first. Water, electricity and a decent shelter. taking people out of misery, extreme poverty first.

And the apartments should be smaller as well. those who want bigger can go get work hard and make more money to build the kind of house they want.

I think the people in slams should either get the land (which they can sell to developers and make more money) or the government should Smaller apartments in high rises.

Quote:
This has been a great success in Kenya. Kibera in Nairobi is the world's second largest Slum, (Just a fact) but that is soon to be history
That will not happen with the Morronic Government and even worst the Idiotic , moronic , maniac thug Andres Kimbuta.
Old May 5th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #12
Mulopwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
That was Congo future project?
Yes it was. Since then, they built another complex and one is under construction along with Crown Center on 30 Juin Blvd.

Mulopwe
Old May 5th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #13
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Yes it was. Since then, they built another complex and one is under construction along with Crown Center on 30 Juin Blvd.

Mulopwe
These guys are really good. they should be given opportunities to transform Kinshasa's slums. But that will never happen with this dumb Kimbuta and the Idiots , morons central government .

Imagine if Kinshasa is given a Cement factory that produces 2.5 million tonnes of Cement/year.

Then hire Congo future as contractor to transform the ghettos. Kinshasa would change within less than 10 years.

In facts every Province should have 2 a cement factory that prodeces at least 1.5 million tonnes of cement to use in building mass housing, schools and Hospitals and urban roads as well.

And have every province to an Asphalt machine to build state highways .

The country would change within just 10 years wihtout ever calling Chinese or Koreans.

This project could only coast 2 billion dollars.

But thats possible if we had a Visionary, disciplined, patriotic leadership.
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #14
Mulopwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
These guys are really good. they should be given opportunities to transform Kinshasa's slums. But that will never happen with this dumb Kimbuta and the Idiots , morons central government .

Imagine if Kinshasa is given a Cement factory that produces 2.5 million tonnes of Cement/year.

Then hire Congo future as contractor to transform the ghettos. Kinshasa would change within less than 10 years.

In facts every Province should have 2 a cement factory that prodeces at least 1.5 million tonnes of cement to use in building mass housing, schools and Hospitals and urban roads as well.

And have every province to an Asphalt machine to build state highways .

The country would change within just 10 years wihtout ever calling Chinese or Koreans.

This project could only coast 2 billion dollars.

But thats possible if we had a Visionary, disciplined, patriotic leadership.
You are right… We need more cement factories; it is one the reason why Rakeem have not start on the 3rd project. Congo Future has my full support.

Mulopwe
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #15
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
You are right… We need more cement factories; it is one the reason why Rakeem have not start on the 3rd project. Congo Future has my full support.

Mulopwe
Can you imagine what Sudan just did?

They spent $1.5 billion on Cement industry and now they are about to produce 10+ million tones/year.

and thats only 6 massive Cement factories. and their demand is only 2.5 million right now.

same demand as us, but for us, that money is what we steal through corruption.

If we expand CILU, CINAT, the one in South Kivu, Kalemie, and CIMEKAT ( Near Kolwezi, Likasi) , Build a bigger CIPOR (Kisangani), build the one in Kasai Oriental,

We can even just spend 1 billion and boost production and even export to those that need it. making extra money.

The cheaper the cement the more contruction there will be. Its like food.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #16
screenshotartist
Engineer

Quote:
So there is another one under construction?

My congratulations to these guys I would like to see some pics.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #17
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:

Mulopwe

These or different ones?

Courtesy of forumer Yupes
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1040007

Old May 6th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #18
screenshotartist
Engineer

These Villas are Tres Kitoko

Here is a link to an album showing more of them including interiors.
http://picasaweb.google.com/smithoasis/OurNewHome#
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #19
kaps76

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshotartist View Post
These Villas are Tres Kitoko

Here is a link to an album showing more of them including interiors.
http://picasaweb.google.com/smithoasis/OurNewHome#
Lovely pictures. Nice and clean. I dont know if acquisition opportunities were given to everybody or these were houses already prepaid, but in any case, very beautiful and I am very impressed.

I agree with what has been said by most people, we need a national housing strategy. We already have the expertise with Congo Future and Safricas. We can start building new cities, social housing in move the people leaving in some of these poorer area of the capital. Kenya, Angola, Nigeria and Marocco are doing a good job in that sense.
kaps76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #20
Yupes
Bana Ya Signa 8

Likes (Received): 22

Sweet pictures^ Screenshotartist. They should be a definite interest in similar projects and the fact that not many villas are being built further reinstates the demand for villa projects.
Astride the tropical rainforests and climbing from the mangroves on the Atlantic coast to the snow covered Ruwenzori mountains and the shores of lake Tanganyika in the east—A unique range of Ecosystems

The war years brought a spiritual awakening among men whose diversions had never before included a study of self-realization. One sweet distilment from the bitter herbs of war! Utopia must spring in the private bosom before it can flower in civic virtue. Man is a soul, not an institution; his inner reforms alone can lend permanence to outer ones.
Yupes no está en línea   Reply With Quote