daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > North Africa > Maroc > Other Discussions > Polling Station

View Poll Results: Should Moroccans boycott China
Yes ! 15 39.47%
No ! 17 44.74%
No opinon 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Skysultan

Likes (Received): 0

Boycott China

Should Moroccans boycott Chinese products?

Quote:
Xinjiang Brutality Sparks China Boycott Calls

ANKARA — Amid Muslim protests over China's deadly crackdown of its Muslim minority, calls are growing louder for a boycott of Chinese products over its treatment of Uighur Muslims.

"Consumers are the most effective weapon of our age," a spokesman of the Turkish consumer rights association told Agence France Presse (AFP) during an anti-China rally in Ankara on Friday, July 10.

"Our association is launching the biggest boycott against China today."

The call echoes a similar one by Turkish Trade and Industry Minister Nihat Ergun for an all-out boycott of Chinese products over Beijing's atrocities against Uighur Muslims.

"If the country where we consume the good does not respect human values, we should reconsider our values," he said on Thursday.

"Consumers who buy a good must find out if the producing country respects human values or not."

At least 156 people were killed and more than 1,000 wounded when Chinese police unleashed a massive crackdown on the Turkish-speaking ethnic minority this week.

The deadly crackdown has drawn global condemnation, with organizations and Western leaders urging China to exercise self-restraint.

"Chinese items will be boycotted," said Maualana Habib-ur-Rehman, Imam of the India's largest mosque of Jama Masjid.

"If needed, we will talk to Muslim councils in the country and issue a fatwa forbidding Chinese products."

Protests

Thousands of Muslims took to the streets around the world on Friday to protest the Chinese brutal crackdown on the Uighurs.

"No to ethnic cleansing!" chanted crowds of Turks and Uighur expatriates in Ankara following the Friday prayers.

Many protesters waved the Uighur flag, depicting a white crescent on a blue background, as some others set fire to Chinese flags and goods produced in China.

"Murderer China", chanted some 200 protesters following the prayers at Istanbul's Beyazit mosque.

In Australia, hundreds of Muslims staged a protest against the Chinese treatment of Xinjiang Muslims.

"Death to Chinese terrorists" shouted the protestors outside the Australian parliament in the capital Canberra.

Indonesian Muslims were also out into the streets to protest the Chinese brutality.

"China can no longer act as tyrants towards those of their people who are of a different faith," Tifatul Sembiring, the head of Indonesia's largest Muslim party, the Prosperous Justice Party, said in a statement sent to AFP.

Uighur Muslims accuse the government of settling millions of ethnic Han in their territory, a vast region with large oil and gas reserves, with the ultimate goal of obliterating its identity and culture.

They also cite a recent government plan that has brought the teaching of Mandarin Chinese in Xinjiang schools, replacing their local dialect.

Sponsored Links

Old July 11th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Skysultan

Old July 11th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #3
DepressedAli
The Fifth Ape

Likes (Received): 731

Count me in!
DepressedAli está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #4
aaabbbccc

Likes (Received): 141

china has bad human rights record they treat their minorities ( muslims hindus tibets etc ) like garbage and kill them for no reason ?
that is awful
something needs to be done
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #5
CasaMor
Africator | Moroccator

I don't use chinese products! Too bad quality!
CasaMor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #6
mista_a.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysultan View Post
"No to ethnic cleansing!" chanted crowds of Turks and Uighur expatriates in Ankara following the Friday prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysultan View Post
"Murderer China", chanted some 200 protesters following the prayers at Istanbul's Beyazit mosque.
A bit of a contradiction there no?

On a side note?
Mr Skysultan, you make a lot of anti-imperialist, anti-western, anti-anti-muslim threads. Did you stop for one moment to think why this sudden uprisal. Maybe our friends at the CIA can give us an answer?
mista_a.b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #7
entreact333

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaMor View Post
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #8
Daano

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista_a.b View Post

On a side note?
Mr Skysultan, you make a lot of anti-imperialist, anti-western, anti-anti-muslim threads. Did you stop for one moment to think why this sudden uprisal. Maybe our friends at the CIA can give us an answer?
You criticize forumers a lot, what's your problem? you're arent even a mod. Let them post their thoughts and if you dont like it...dont fisit SSC!
Daano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #9
7freedom7
Ill get 6 pack abs

Likes (Received): 379

Quote:
It is naive to think that the quality that comes from China is either high or low. Quality is determined by pressure from the buyer and ability from the seller. Chinese factories have the ability to produce high quality products, but buyers need to enable them to do this.

the product you get is up to you as the buyer. If you are clear about what you can and cannot accept, and as long as you understand prices, then you can negotiate the best price for the quality that you are seeking. If you push for cheap prices then you need to understand that the Chinese sellers will be assuming that you can accept lower quality.

Huawei in Morocoo http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=102638
ZTE in Morocoo http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2006/3338.htm
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:03 AM   #10
7freedom7
Ill get 6 pack abs

Quote:

On a side note?
Thanks god, there still exists reasonable and intelligent moroccan ppl like you
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #11
intensivecarebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freedom7 View Post
It is naive to think that the quality that comes from China is either high or low. Quality is determined by pressure from the buyer and ability from the seller. Chinese factories have the ability to produce high quality products, but buyers need to enable them to do this.

the product you get is up to you as the buyer. If you are clear about what you can and cannot accept, and as long as you understand prices, then you can negotiate the best price for the quality that you are seeking. If you push for cheap prices then you need to understand that the Chinese sellers will be assuming that you can accept lower quality.

Huawei in Morocoo http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=102638
ZTE in Morocoo http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/July2006/3338.htm
Yes, but if people stop buying Chinese products because of their poor quality, then that would send the proper message to the Chinese industries that they need to step up their quality or risk losing profits. And no one wants cheap quality anything, especially toys and electronics So it's not my fault if the Chinese sellers have made the wrong assumption
intensivecarebear no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:40 AM   #12
Fox-Tale

Likes (Received): 6

Why not boycott it, if Moroccans can make better and cheaper products with their own hands.
Fox-Tale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:40 AM   #13
intensivecarebear

Quote:
Well that depends on whether or not you believe that somehow all Turks are personally responsible for everything bad that has ever happened to the Kurds or the Armenians
Just because some Turks are protesting against ethnic cleansing in China, that doesn't necessarily make them hypocrites

Then again, on the other hand, people will always look out for their own. Muslims get angry at anti-Muslim atrocities, Christians get mad when bad stuff happens to other Christians, black people get mad, etc.
I wish people could see the inhumanity of such actions/abuses no matter who the victims are
Old July 12th, 2009, 06:52 AM   #14
Metsada
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensivecarebear View Post
Then again, on the other hand, people will always look out for their own. Muslims get angry at anti-Muslim atrocities, Christians get mad when bad stuff happens to other Christians, black people get mad, etc.
I wish people could see the inhumanity of such actions/abuses no matter who the victims are
I totally agree. The majority of people are hypocrites and racist.
Metsada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #15
7freedom7
Ill get 6 pack abs

Quote:
Yes, but if people stop buying Chinese products because of their poor quality, then that would send the proper message to the Chinese industries that they need to step up their quality or risk losing profits. And no one wants cheap quality anything, especially toys and electronics So it's not my fault if the Chinese sellers have made the wrong assumption
yes, it's a proper message indeed for those factories catering to low-income consumers, but the reason why such factories are continuing to produce in quantity is because the large demand still exsits in many countries where some people can't afford several times (or more) more expensive products. Of course anybody hope to buy nothing but both low-price and high-quality things, but there is a old saying that goes like this you got what you paid for, quality can not be maintained with dirt cheap prices. Besides, the Chinese factories can make production of any quality, not only do the wholesale merchants in developing countres import low-quality goods from China but developed countries also import high-quality goods including toys and electronics from China. Where water, there and fish.

Last edited by 7freedom7; July 12th, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
7freedom7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #16
mista_a.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daano View Post
You criticize forumers a lot, what's your problem? you're arent even a mod. Let them post their thoughts and if you dont like it...dont fisit SSC!
Take a chill pill dude, I was actually asking him a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freedom7 View Post

Thanks god, there still exists reasonable and intelligent moroccan ppl like you

Quote:
Well that depends on whether or not you believe that somehow all Turks are personally responsible for everything bad that has ever happened to the Kurds or the Armenians
Just because some Turks are protesting against ethnic cleansing in China, that doesn't necessarily make them hypocrites

You misunderstood me, I wasn't referring to anything that had to do with Kurds or Armenians. It struck me as a contradictory that the people who were shouting no to ethnic cleansing are the same ones who are saying 'murder china' as if every chinese person is somehow responsible for this.
mista_a.b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #17
Tomb Raider
Adventurer

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Oh really ? Turn your head to the right, do you see those items ? Turn it again but to the left this time, do you see again those items ? They're all CHINESE

Personally, I cannot have an opinion on this.
Old July 12th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #18
Muttie

Likes (Received): 522

It wont benefit us, nor the people of China, nor the victims in this case.
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #19
intensivecarebear

Quote:

You misunderstood me, I wasn't referring to anything that had to do with Kurds or Armenians. It struck me as a contradictory that the people who were shouting no to ethnic cleansing are the same ones who are saying 'murder china' as if every chinese person is somehow responsible for this.
ah, ok. My bad. In that case, yes I agree with you
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #20
boudinar

moroccans are in no position to boycott any other nation's goods.
we depend on others......our youth are still trying to get illegally to europe !..........
boudinar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, uyghur, xinjiang