daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2015, 08:46 AM   #17341
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Good to see the Torch Select media department is quick to respond

So it's another hush up? No one is going to be told what the source was
Again from Kingfield;
Quote:
[The] report will not be released to the public, anyone who wants to see it must apply in person to the media department of the Dubai Police and they will decide if they will show them or not.
I just wondered if you realised that you just confirmed that it is being hushed up?

There are none so blind as those who won't see.

DennyCrane liked this post
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2015, 11:19 PM   #17342
FlyJim

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Pfff, a friend of mine said she almost burned down her kitchen (in a certain SZR tower) because she put some veggies to boil and fell asleep

How stupid to do that; just set an alarm if you are that dumb!
FlyJim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 01:28 PM   #17343
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 4815

She fell asleep on the sofa watching TV during the day, not that she went to bed.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2015, 06:58 AM   #17344
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

I guess that would have set off the fire alarms. I know of people who have put eggs on to boil and become distracted with other things. The pot boils dry and the eggs explode before the smoke detectors kick in. The smell is something you have to live with for a few weeks. Easy done, apparently.

Old July 30th, 2015, 05:12 AM   #17345
The night

Likes (Received): 1

legal action against select property

Our legal firm in UK needs independent witnesses to support us when we take Select Property to the UK courts. If you can contribute any evidence to support us please PM me
The night no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2015, 09:47 PM   #17346
Jet7

Likes (Received): 25

Which service company do you deal with regarding AC issues in the Torch? Please advise as I need to fix my AC!
Jet7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2015, 05:25 AM   #17347
agod

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet7 View Post
Which service company do you deal with regarding AC issues in the Torch? Please advise as I need to fix my AC!
Try These, I Pay 2700 per year for a 2 Bed, and they do all the Preventative Maintenance, and Emergency Call Outs. https://dubaimarina.mplus.ae/store

Jet7 liked this post

Last edited by agod; August 10th, 2015 at 05:32 AM.
agod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 07:05 PM   #17348
agod

I was Informed that the Hold has been the Insurance Company, nothing new there, its all agreed now and should all be Complete by Next Year, They are Taking this Opportunity to Re-Furbish the Pool, and its going to be Similar to the Princess Tower with some Kiddie Rides and Lazy River.

Jet7 liked this post
agod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 01:53 AM   #17349
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

Do you know if they are preparing a Bill of Quantities for the kiddie rides and lazy river?

Old August 25th, 2015, 01:42 PM   #17350
NickBoyC

Likes (Received): 0

Can the 3 months notice required for a rent increase be served by email or would a signed for letter be better in this situation? Thanks for any advice in advance.
NickBoyC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 03:16 PM   #17351
agod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBoyC View Post
Can the 3 months notice required for a rent increase be served by email or would a signed for letter be better in this situation? Thanks for any advice in advance.
Nick, Firstly make sure you are in the 90 Days not 3 Months, it can be Different.

I sent my Tenant the due Notice from my Agent, stating that the Rent Increase was in Line with the RERA Index, thats Important, the Tenant has Ignored every Call or email that we have made to her, even after putting the Agents Card through her door, on the 6th Day before the Lease Ran Out, she turns up at RERA, and lodges 2 Cheques Based on the Old Rent, so down to RERA to sort it out, Totally Hopeless, take her to the Tribunal, cost you Money, Time and you will Probably Lose, so I accept the Cheques, and send her a Yearly Tenant Quit Notice, properly Attested from the Dubai Courts, I sent it by Aramex costs 100 Dirhams and they give you a Receipt to say its been Delivered, the Tenant is still Ignoring all Communication from me. Even worse is that I cannot use that Apartment as my Place by the Beach, where I can put up my Friends and Family, as I own other Properties in Dubai, I would Lose in Court, and I cant Ren it for 2 years.

Dubai has turned into a Really bad place where Landords are Concerned, RERA have no interest in you or what you are doing even Properly and Legally.

My Advice send everything signed for.

Al.
Old August 25th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #17352
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 314

The 90 day notice has to be sent by courier/registered post (and I think be notarised). If you had proof that this had been done, you may have had a more favourable outcome at RERA.
Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 06:14 PM   #17353
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

I've never had a problem sending the notice by email. I think the real problem with Dubai is the bad rap Landlords are getting because of the actions of a few bad apples. I knew a tenant who lived in a villa where the landlord did not pay his community fees. They refused to take away his rubbish so he put it in his car and delivered it to his landlord's office reception until the problem was resolved.

Tenants talk to each other. Helps if landlords keep regular contact with tenants to make sure everything is ok.

Al, how did you know the rent cheques were at Rera? If you don't mind me asking.

Old August 25th, 2015, 11:11 PM   #17354
agod

The Agent Received a Notice in Arabic, also on another Note, my New Tenant (Another Apartment) was at DEWA, I get a Phone saying they needed my i.d. and Visa Page, Fully Expecting to go down there, when she says that I could email it to her, First Time that has happened, DEWA dragging itself into the 21st Century.
Old August 26th, 2015, 10:46 AM   #17355
NickBoyC

Likes (Received): 0

Thanks for the responses. I take it then the tenant is not obliged to be on their way if they don't want to entertain a rent increase? How does it change things if I only have the 1 property in Dubai?
NickBoyC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai, dubai marina