daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 120 votes, 4.99 average.
Old June 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM   #41
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 415

Your definetly not a optimist if that is how you feel.

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..

OmI92 liked this post
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #42
vazim

Likes (Received): 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakboy
^
first statation is about to go under construction, its under ground at minar-e-pakistan

Can you advise What is your source for above information?

OmI92 liked this post
vazim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #43
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 2030

i read it in the post

OmI92 liked this post
pakboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #44
vazim

ISLAMABAD, Jul 16 (APP): District Nazim Lahore Mian Amer Mehmood Sunday .............

To a question he said 80 percent work on Lahore ring road would be completed by the end of 2007 adding ompletion of the road would help signal free drive and to maintain traffic flow.

http://www.app.com.pk/National.htm

would be wonderful if they can complete 80% end of 2007!!

OmI92 liked this post
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #45
vazim

Construction starts on two sections of Lahore Ring Road

Monday, July 24, 2006
Staff Report

LAHORE: Minister for Communication and Works (C&W) Chaudhry Zaheeruddin Khan said in a press statement on Sunday that construction on two sections of the Lahore Ring Road (LRR) had started.

Work on the portions of LRR from Mehmood Booti to Lakho Dair and Barki Road to Ghazi Road Intersection had begun and these projects would be completed for around Rs 2.4 billion, the minister said while presiding over a meeting.

The meeting was informed that work on the LRR portion from Mehmood Booti to Lakhu Dair has been initiated at a cost of Rs 695 million and this project would be completed in six months. Likewise Rs 1.76 billion would be spent on the construction of the road from Barki Road to Ghazi Road Intersection and it will be completed in ten months.

The minister told the chief engineer of highways to ensure the completion of construction work within stipulated period and that negligence would not be tolerated. C&W Secretary Ahmed Yar Khan, Additional Secretary (Technical) Masoodur Rasool, Chief Engineer Highways Muhammad Khalid Khokhar, Superintending Engineer Munawar Bashir and XEN Road Construction Sarfraz Butt were also present.

www.dailytimes.com.pk

OmI92 liked this post
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #46
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 2030

Minister for timely completion of Lahore Ring Road

Staff Reporter

LAHORE: Punjab Communication and Works Minister Chaudhry Zaheer-ud-Din Khan Sunday said that work on two sections of Lahore Ring Road (LRR) from Mehmood Booti to Lakhu Dair and the Barki Road intersection to the Ghazi Road intersection had been started.

Presiding over a meeting, he said these projects would cost more than Rs 2.4 billion.

The meeting was informed that work on the road from Mehmood Booti to Lakhu Dair has been started at a cost of Rs 694.919 million and it will be completed in six months. Around Rs 1.75 billion will be spent on the road portion from Barki Road intersection to Ghazi Road intersection and it will be completed in 10 months. The minister directed the highways chief engineer to ensure timely completion of these projects.

http://www.thepost.com.pk/CityNews.a...=50723&catid=3

OmI92 liked this post
pakboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #47
SomeCanuckDude

Likes (Received): 167

wouldn't it be nice to have a freeway/expressway linking the airport with the LRR... rather than weaving ones way through the local roads and frequent traffic lights... it would provide seamless access to the airport...

i hope the authorities delegated the responsibility of building the LRR will eventually recognize the importance of an expressway linking airport with the LRR...

OmI92 liked this post
SomeCanuckDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 07:35 AM   #48
PakiDoperz
Pk-256-0088

Likes (Received): 944

^ my borther you are following the old patteren of the ring road now they are making it on new design. the ring road is going to pass just next through the airport access road so we dont neet the expressway. i have modfiied you picture i hope it helps you understand what iam trying tosay. and the construction of ringroad is going very fast infront of the airport

OmI92 liked this post
PakiDoperz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #49
SomeCanuckDude

Likes (Received): 167

awesome... thanks for the information...

OmI92 liked this post
SomeCanuckDude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #50
PakiDoperz
Pk-256-0088

no probs sir

OmI92 liked this post
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #51
PakiDoperz
Pk-256-0088

any pictures of Airport section of ringroad

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #52
safe_blood
BANNED

Likes (Received): 97

Lahore: Lahore Ring Road

I am making a new topic here for ring road of lahore as its a big project and deserves a thread of its own.

OmI92 liked this post
safe_blood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:36 AM   #53
safe_blood
BANNED

Complete Ring Road quickly: CM
LAHORE: Chief Minister Pervaiz Elahi has asked for the early completion of the Ring Road and for good quality construction, as the project will improve the city’s traffic. The CM was addressing a meeting on the implementation of the Ring Road project at CM’s Secretariat on Thursday. He said the project would revolutionise traffic management and improve links to other cities. He said the project was also important to improve trade and industrial activity, strengthen the economy and improve the people’s living standards. He said the inconvenience caused by the project’s execution should be resolved immediately. Elahi said the improvement of the communication network was important for accelerating development. Therefore, he said, the government was spending a large sum on the development of the province’s infrastructure. He said the Ring Road project would help develop industrial zones. He said interchanges would be constructed on the Ring Road. He said all major roads of the city were being reconstructed under this project to accommodate traffic coming from the Ring Road. He said railway crossings and bridges would also be constructed under this project. Elahi said the government was improving the road network for better communication facilities and smooth flow of traffic. He said the Ring Road and all major projects of infrastructure development were also generating many jobs. He said the number of vehicles in the province was increasing by thousands every year, which resulted in the need to construct new roads and improve existing ones. staff report

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-4-2007_pg13_4

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #54
safe_blood
BANNED

Lahore Ring Road to revolutionise traffic management

LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi has said that the Lahore Ring Road (LRR) project will result in the development of industrial zones and leave a positive impact on the overall economy of the city and the whole province.

Addressing a high-level meeting regarding the LRR project at Chief Minister's Secretariat Thursday, he directed the officials to ensure early completion of LRR. Elahi also directed the officials to ensure that quality material was used in construction work.

The CM said that the LRR project, being the biggest in the City's history, would revolutionise traffic management. He said that the project would help accelerate trade and industrial activities, strengthen the provincial economy and uplift the living standards. He directed the officials to address problems faced by people as a result of the project.

Planning and Development Board Chairman Suleman Ghani, Senior Member Board of Revenue Safdar Javed Syed, District Nazim Mian Aamer Mahmood, Communication and Works Secretary Ahsan Raja, Finance Secretary Sohail Ahmad, Lahore Development Authority Director General Hassan Nawaz Tarar, Project Management Unit Head Khalid Ahmad Khan and senior officials attended the meeting.

The CM said that improvement of communication network was vital to promoting local and foreign investment and accelerating the pace of development. "The government is spending a huge amount of money on infrastructural development in the province," he said, adding that interchanges would also be built on Ring Road to benefit residents of all the City areas. Elahi said that all major roads of the city were being either repaired or reconstructed to accommodate the flow of traffic coming from Ring Road, adding that railway crossings and overhead bridges would also be constructed under this project.

The CM said that the government was laying a road network to provide better communication facilities to citizens and streamline the traffic flow. He said that LRR and other mega projects would generate thousands of jobs. The chief minister said that a master plan was being implemented to construct new roads and improve the existing ones.

http://www.thepost.com.pk/CityNewsT....=94261&catid=3

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:42 AM   #55
safe_blood
BANNED

Lahore Ring Road package 3 to be completed by year end

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:50 AM   #56
safe_blood
BANNED

Lahore Ring Road U/C---> Infront Of The Airport
picture from march

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 28th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #57
FK

Likes (Received): 1284

That board reminded me of the Traffic Police in Karachi ... "Raftar Kam karain! Kam karain .. LAGAO SIDE PER GARI!"

OmI92 liked this post
FK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #58
KB

Likes (Received): 6804

KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #59
transistorized

Likes (Received): 49

can anyone brief me about what caused the delays on the project? I remember hearing about this project when I was in Pakistan years ago and I presumed it must have been done by now.

I know its Pakistan so NEVER EVER okay to assume so, but I really recall traveling on a section of this road when I was there, and if I recall correctly most of it was completed back then (isnt this ring road connected to the M2 lahore junction?). Can anyone help me out here?

OmI92 liked this post

Last edited by transistorized; April 29th, 2007 at 03:55 AM.
transistorized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #60
safe_blood
BANNED

theres not much of a delay there, its completion date was 2008 and we have a year to go, so be patient

OmI92 liked this post

Tags
access controlled, lahore, ring road

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: