daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Skyscrapers & Buildings

Skyscrapers & Buildings refurbishments and completed skyscrapers and high-rise buildings

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2005, 08:54 AM   #1
Greg

Likes (Received): 33

MRCB & UEM CORPORATE HQ Kuala Lumpur (Kl Sentral) | 29 fl | Completed

This Article is from May 20th, 2005

United Engineers (Malaysia) Bhd signed yesterday a sale and purchase agreement with Kuala Lumpur Sentral Sdn Bhd for the purchase of 4,624sq m of land in KL Sentral for RM 54 million.

The land will be used to develop a 29-storey office block in which UEM will site its headquarters.

Works on the project will commence at the end of this year, said UEM managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Ahmad Pardas Senin to reporters after the signing ceremony in Kuala Lumpur.

He said the acquisition of the land is timely for the UEM group as "we never have had a corporate headquarters".

The land comes with deck structure comprising piling foudations, columns, walls, pliths and a full transfer deck suitable for office building construction.

Meanwhile, Kuala Lumpur Sentral Sdn Bhd chairman Shahril Ridza Ridzuan said since the opening of Stesen Sentral in April 2001, new businesses and residents have moved in at Kuala Lumpur Sentral, which is now 25 per cent completed.

Currently, a RM1.2billion commercial development project is being developed comprising premier office suites, an office tower, condominiums, and a shopping mall and service apartments.
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM   #2
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

wah...they scaled it down to 29? It was proposed 49(189m)!! Anyway, for another proposal also in KL Sentral there's a 45 storey residential..not that bad eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Currently, a RM1.2billion commercial development project is being developed comprising premier office suites, an office tower, condominiums, and a shopping mall and service apartments.
yeah got mall!
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:07 AM   #3
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 46

See Greg. This guy is crazy about MALL!!!!
Old July 2nd, 2005, 06:09 AM   #4
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa???
See Greg. This guy is crazy about MALL!!!!

Kaya mah $$$
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:36 AM   #5
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong
Kaya mah $$$
Not him yang kaya what
Old August 14th, 2005, 03:09 PM   #6
choon

Likes (Received): 31

Picture taken on 14.08.2005

choon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #7
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

wow thanks! It's tall already!
Old August 16th, 2005, 05:23 AM   #8
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by choon
Picture taken on 14.08.2005

i think it has already topped up.Btw,watz that on the left?the new condo?
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:38 AM   #9
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2066

That's maybe "Suasana Sentral Loft"
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #10
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey

Nope..they are not. It's the other building.
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:00 AM   #11
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Y2k.2^
No. Its not
Old August 19th, 2005, 02:39 AM   #12
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Y2k.2^
Nope..that one if for Lot N

Old December 16th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #13
Greg

UEM GROUP ACCQUIRES A NEW CORPORATE OFFICE
United Engineers (Malaysia) Berhad today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Kuala Lumpur Sentral for the purchase of Parcel A, Lot J (Tower A) KL Sentral as UEM Group corporate head office. Purchase consideration of the property is at RM54 million for the deck and land.

According to Dato’ Ahmad Pardas Senin, Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer, “The signing of this MOU, marks not only the beginning of a new era for UEM Group, but also symbolizes our commitment as a key contributor to our country’s development and progress. This strategic acquisition is a step in the right direction for us at UEM Group. Having been around for 40 years, it is timely that UEM Group has decided to have a new corporate office. Having one of the most strategic corporate addresses in the Klang Valley such as KL Central as our corporate headquarters is indeed a step forward for UEM Group in enhancing our corporate image, visibility and presence.”

The acquisition marks UEM Group’s step in moving towards our vision of not only to continue being Malaysia’s leading conglomerate but more importantly in support of our aim to gain greater presence globally.

The new UEM Group corporate headquarters will epitomize the coming together of the different facets and diversity of our operations or a consolidation of sort, working towards a common goal under one roof. This will in time, translate to better efficiency of its business operations and better management of our resources.

With its location being highly accessible by all modes of transportation and first class urban amenities and convenience, KL Sentral is indeed the right choice for us and it is our hope that the new office will give effect to UEM Group’S desire to do more and do better.

Said Dato’ Ahmad Pardas, “We believe this will be a base for closer and more dynamic working relationships among the entities within the Group and will hopefully allow for better synergies and collaborations. This in turn will help in strengthening UEM Group’s position as major player in all the industries we are in.”

The new corporate headquarters will embrace an architectural concept of “Reaching for the sky” – abstraction of UEM Group’s logo tilted upwards with fingers pointing skyward, symbolizing limitless possibilities and growth for UEM Group and the nation.

The 29-storey corporate headquarters will sit on a land area of 49,772 sq ft. Meanwhile, the built-up area will comprise a gross floor area of 522,793 sq ft and a net floor area of 306,941 sq ft, featuring 23 floors of corporate offices and multi-storey car park (5 levels) with 381 bays. Amenities that will be provided at the new corporate headquarters include lobby, cafeteria, galleries, auditorium, recreational facilities, meeting rooms, and banking hall / facilities.

Developer for the corporate headquarters is First Impact Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Engineers (Malaysia) Berhad, while project manager is Opus International Group plc, a 62% owned subsidiary of UEM World Berhad. Meanwhile, UEM Construction Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of UEM Builders Berhad, has been appointed as contractor. The new corporate headquarters will cost an estimated of RM150 million to construct.

Construction of the corporate headquarters will commence in August 2005 and is expected to complete by end of 2007. UEM Group is expected to move into the new corporate headquarters by early 2008.

Last edited by Greg; January 3rd, 2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old December 16th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #14
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

very good looking! Can't wait man
Old December 16th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #15
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

renderings finally!! looks great!!

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2005, 05:49 AM   #16
ZaHiRnYa???

Not bad. Which parcel lot it will be then?
Old December 19th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #17
Greg

Picture taken 19.12.2005. That's lot N - same building Choon took on 14.08.2005.
I think there is some confuction between KL Sentral Lot N (MRBC) and Menara UEM. Think that Menara UEM is not built around KL Sentral.
Maybe we should make 2 threads.
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:14 PM   #18
Subangite

Likes (Received): 0

Ok, so this is MRCB, where is Menara UEM?
Old December 31st, 2005, 10:23 AM   #19
Greg

Picture taken 27.12.2005
MRCB taken from Brickfields.
Old December 31st, 2005, 10:48 AM   #20
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

wow! so tall already!

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote