daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Southeast > Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2015, 03:26 AM   #3321
MIRYDI

Likes (Received): 197

Yet another large scale project in Mid Town slated to begin this year. Article is still behind the pay wall, but it will include a 25 story residential tower with 270 units, and a 16 story hotel with 220 rooms. Here is the thread for this project...http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post120610964

Atlanta developer targets late-2015 start for Midtown project
Regent acquires 19th and Broad site for $9M, preps to build two towers

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...idtown_project

Here's how the project would look in the skyline thanks to this photo shop PHofKS made. It's the reddish/brown and light blue buildings on the upper left.

wreynol4 liked this post

Last edited by MIRYDI; January 14th, 2015 at 04:01 AM.
MIRYDI no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 14th, 2015, 03:33 AM   #3322
wreynol4

Likes (Received): 40

Is the residential component condos or apartments? Hoping for condos, seems like we have an over load on apartments right now. We definitely could use more in the Midtown area.
wreynol4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:23 AM   #3323
MIRYDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreynol4 View Post
Is the residential component condos or apartments? Hoping for condos, seems like we have an over load on apartments right now. We definitely could use more in the Midtown area.
Sorry, but I think this one's apartments also. Hopefully we'll see more announcements this year involving condo's. I'm sure the condo boom is right around the corner...
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:50 AM   #3324
MIRYDI

The Virgin hotel is slated for a Spring groundbreaking, and the 27 story Westin hotel is supposed to have an official groundbreaking tomorrow. Hopefully we'll finally see some updated renderings for the Westin.

Dean Chase takes charge of developing Virgin Hotel in Nashville
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...gin-hotel.html
Quote:
The 240-room Virgin Hotel will include restaurants, shops, a recording studio and 15 penthouse units for sale. Only Manhattan and Chicago have Virgin Hotels.

Land has been cleared at the Music Row roundabout, between Division Street and 16th Avenue South, nearby the Roundabout Plaza office building and the offices of ASCAP, on Music Row. Groundbreaking is scheduled for sometime this spring.

"Nashville is rapidly transforming itself into a premiere destination for global tourism, and having a Virgin Hotel here represents a major leap forward for our city," Dean Chase said in a statement.

D.F. Chase also is building a 454-room Westin, across the street from Music City Center. An official groundbreaking for that is scheduled for mid-morning Wednesday.

Last edited by MIRYDI; January 14th, 2015 at 05:01 AM.
Old January 15th, 2015, 02:24 AM   #3325
MIRYDI

Ground broken for Westin Hotel
https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/...r_westin_hotel
Quote:
Castlerock Asset Management broke ground this morning on its 27-story Westin Hotel, releasing a site plan in the process.

The image (see below) shows the porte-cochere and guest entrance (seen with the metal awning in the lower center of the below image) will face Clark Street. The building podium addresses Eighth Avenue South and spans to Ninth Avenue South. The tower's sides will be oriented north-and-south, running parallel to Ninth. A restaurant will be located in space on southeast corner of the complex and addressing the roundabout, which is also called the Korean Veterans Boulevard Roundabout.

Westin groundbreaking points to Nashville's magic touch
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...les-magic.html

Nashville International Airport sets new annual passenger record
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-sets-new.html
Quote:
Nashville International Airport (BNA) surpassed 11 million passengers in 2014, the highest volume in the airport's 77-year history and the first time it has ever eclipsed 11 million.
In total, 11,039,634 passengers traveled into and out of BNA in 2014, a 6.6 percent increase over calendar year 2013, which was record-setting at the time, with 10.35 million passengers logged.

"Nashville International Airport continues to ascend at a record-setting pace, reaching new heights each day, month and year," Rob Wigington, president and CEO of the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority, said in a news release. "This underscores Nashville's thriving economy and vibrant tourism market making Music City the destination of choice for so many. We look forward to carrying this momentum into the new year and are excited to help Nashville and Middle Tennessee continue to soar."
Quote:
The airport has become a vital economic engine in Nashville. A report released in December 2013 showed that BNA had a $3.5 billion economic impact on Middle Tennessee, and that 63 percent of traffic through the airport (at the time) was business related.
Last year, the airport formed a coalition of business leaders and public officials tasked with helping expand direct and nonstop air service between Nashville and key business destinations, including the Bay Area, Seattle and a European nonstop. In December, BNA and Southwest Airlines announced a daily nonstop flight between Nashville and Oakland, which was highly anticipated and welcomed news for Nashville's tech and investment communities.

Article is still behind pay wall for now. A March start date is what's being said for the 12 story Thompson hotel.

Demo could signal looming start for Thompson Hotel
https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...ed_for_parking

Last edited by MIRYDI; January 15th, 2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old January 15th, 2015, 08:37 AM   #3326
Dariusb
Formerly known as Bigboyz

Likes (Received): 36

That's cool about the airport. Is the increase due to just more people using the airport, more flight options or both?
Dariusb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 08:39 PM   #3327
futuresooner

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
That's cool about the airport. Is the increase due to just more people using the airport, more flight options or both?
It's a combination.
futuresooner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 02:33 AM   #3328
wreynol4

I'm losing count of how many proposed 15-20 story structures are proposed in midtown. This means that my go to Jersey Mikes by Vandy would go bye bye Price of progress I guess....

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...ixed_use_tower

MIRYDI liked this post
Old January 16th, 2015, 03:29 AM   #3329
ariesjow

Likes (Received): 62

Things are definitely getting a little crazy with all these tower proposals. People who have not been to Nashville in a while will not even recognize the city in a few years. So happy they are leaving the vintage apartments alone (for now) and getting rid of that fugly suburban strip mall.

Here are the renderings for the new 18-story Elliston Place proposal.

MIRYDI, desertpunk liked this post
ariesjow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 03:34 AM   #3330
MIRYDI

^Holy crap! ANOTHER one?...

This is getting crazy! (in a good way)
Old January 17th, 2015, 06:30 AM   #3331
Dariusb
Formerly known as Bigboyz

Likes (Received): 36

Love Nashville! Been awhile since I've been there. Not since 2010. So much more progressive than Memphis.

MIRYDI liked this post
Dariusb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 09:47 PM   #3332
MIRYDI

Here's a condo project for ya wreynol4. It's not a tower or anything, and these will obviously be on the pricey side, but it's condo's none the less.

Prices will range from $600K to $2.15M...

27-unit luxury condo project planned near Centennial Park
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...park/22001795/

Old January 21st, 2015, 07:24 AM   #3333
Hey_Hey

Likes (Received): 1

If I were in the market for a $2 million condo I would be holding out for a spot in the Paramount.

nashvols liked this post
Hey_Hey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2015, 04:06 PM   #3334
wreynol4

I know I have posted about this once or twice but I'm still unclear as to when the final plans for the old convention center will be presented? I thought it was by the end of January with a summer/fall start? Shouldn't we be hearing some noise about it?
Old January 21st, 2015, 04:54 PM   #3335
Dale

Likes (Received): 2242

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreynol4 View Post
I know I have posted about this once or twice but I'm still unclear as to when the final plans for the old convention center will be presented? I thought it was by the end of January with a summer/fall start? Shouldn't we be hearing some noise about it?
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-overhaul.html
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:50 PM   #3336
MIRYDI

Virgin Hotel team releases images of planned project
Developer enlists Atlanta-based architect

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2...lanned_project

Quote:
Virgin Hotels on Monday revealed renderings of the 240-room hotel the company plans to create on Nashville's famed Music Row.
Click on the photo with this story to begin a slideshow.
Virgin Hotels is part of British billionaire Richard Branson's company, Virgin Group Ltd. Virgin announced the Nashville hotel nine months ago.
Fittingly, the hotel's address will be One Music Row. The hotel will sit between two spokes of the Music Row roundabout (Music Square West and Division Street).
Quote:
At the same roundabout is a 19-story apartment tower under construction, the Roundabout Plaza office building and also the offices for ASCAP and BMI, which work to collect licensing fees and royalties on behalf of songwriters and others in the music industry.
The hotel is scheduled to open in fall 2016. The site has been cleared and is ready for construction.
Virgin's first hotel, in Chicago, just opened. One planned for New York City is schedule to open after Nashville's, in mid-2017.
Quote:
Nashville's hotel is planned to include 15 penthouse residential units, as well as a rooftop pool, a live entertainment venue and a recording studio designed by Nashville's Michael Cronin Acoustic Construction.
Nashville contractor D.F. Chase Inc. is building the hotel. Company founder Dean Chase is managing the hotel's development, following the resignation of his son, David, who stepped down from the company last year.
The architect is BLUR Workshop, out of Atlanta.

wreynol4 liked this post

Last edited by MIRYDI; January 26th, 2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old January 26th, 2015, 08:11 PM   #3337
wreynol4

That is one of the best looking designs I think I have ever seen. For a building with not a ton of height I think the design is incredible.

MIRYDI liked this post
Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM   #3338
wreynol4

After being in the Encore a lot these past few days the progress on SoBro and the start on Bridgestone are great to see!

MIRYDI liked this post

Tags
development, nashville, tennessee