search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #41
sudheeshnairs
Registered User
 
sudheeshnairs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore
Posts: 8,828
Likes (Received): 34

Agree 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
There is no problem in giving English names for Malayalam movies. We malayalees aren't that narrow minded. Names like Traffic is very suitable for the storyline. Or what else will you put? Gathagatham?
sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #42
maheshponneth
Registered User
 
maheshponneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 10,114
Likes (Received): 3422

What about the information regarding the film "Race"?
maheshponneth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #43
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 22,305
Likes (Received): 9801

Urumi- the Next big movie in Malluwoods

The following are from latest Malayalam Movie Urumi, which will be released in Malayalam, Tamil and English made by famous Indian director- Santhosh Sivan. The movie is one of the most expensive in Malayalam, featuring a very large star cast like Prithiviraj, Prabhu Deva, Vidya Balan, Genelia D'Souza, Tabu, Nitya Menon, Arya, Jagathi and a couple of English actors.

Set as a period movie, the story is about an assassination attempt on Vasco Da Gama while in Kerala in 1502, by a group of Nair Warriors of Malabar. While Prithiviraj play as Kelu Nair- the key plotter, Genalia plays as Princess Ayesha of Arrackal Kingdom (Kannur).

Some pictures of lead actors are posted below.... Looking really amazing....



Woww, I can't believe... Vidya Balan is looking really gorgeous in typical traditional Malayalee Attire. Though she is a Malayalee, in this avatar she looks more divine.....















The trailer looks really amazzing.... More like a Hollywood Movie. Hope it turns well.....
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #44
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 22,305
Likes (Received): 9801

Urumi songs

Songs of Urumi released







__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:48 PM   #45
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K
 
Aslesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kannur
Posts: 8,723
Likes (Received): 5808

__________________
Kannur - "തറികളുടെയും തിറകളുടെയും നാട്" - The Land of Looms and Lores
Kerala Real Estate Kannur Tourism Census India 2011
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM   #46
madrasi7777
Registered User
 
madrasi7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,277
Likes (Received): 439

She is only a half Malayalee (paternal) the other maternal half belongs to a tamil Iyer family

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
The following are from latest Malayalam Movie Urumi, which will be released in Malayalam, Tamil and English made by famous Indian director- Santhosh Sivan. The movie is one of the most expensive in Malayalam, featuring a very large star cast like Prithiviraj, Prabhu Deva, Vidya Balan, Genelia D'Souza, Tabu, Nitya Menon, Arya, Jagathi and a couple of English actors.

Set as a period movie, the story is about an assassination attempt on Vasco Da Gama while in Kerala in 1502, by a group of Nair Warriors of Malabar. While Prithiviraj play as Kelu Nair- the key plotter, Genalia plays as Princess Ayesha of Arrackal Kingdom (Kannur).

Some pictures of lead actors are posted below.... Looking really amazing....



Woww, I can't believe... Vidya Balan is looking really gorgeous in typical traditional Malayalee Attire. Though she is a Malayalee, in this avatar she looks more divine.....















The trailer looks really amazzing.... More like a Hollywood Movie. Hope it turns well.....
madrasi7777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM   #47
enthiran
Registered User
 
enthiran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trichy
Posts: 5
Likes (Received): 0

Ponnar Sankar- epic movie from TN chief minister Karunanidhi

To be released on April 15 in all south indian languages (Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam)


This is the trailer of that movie,




Poster


Last edited by enthiran; April 3rd, 2011 at 05:32 PM.
enthiran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #48
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359





ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #49
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359





ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #50
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359









ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #51
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359

ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #52
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359



The report says Allu Arjun gives sleepless nights to Mammootty and Mohanlal as his latest film "Badrinath" gets huge response in Kerala.This movie already collected more than 1 crore which is almost equal to the Mammootty/Mohanlal films nowadays.All his movies which are dubbed in Malayalam were huge hits.The report even addresses Allu Arjun as "Mallu Arjun"
ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #53
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359



ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #54
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359

Kunthapura

In 1928, Kunthapura, a remote in central Karnataka was excavated by the Archeological survey. The Excavation brings a lot of troubles to the village which forces them to take arms against the British. The memories of an Eighty nine year old man Krishnappa Narasimha Shashtri brings it to the notice of public in 2011.

ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #55
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 22,305
Likes (Received): 9801

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithv View Post
In 1928, Kunthapura, a remote in central Karnataka was excavated by the Archeological survey. The Excavation brings a lot of troubles to the village which forces them to take arms against the British. The memories of an Eighty nine year old man Krishnappa Narasimha Shashtri brings it to the notice of public in 2011.

Is it Malayalam movie or Kannada? The hero I think is a Mallu guy!!!
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #56
RajeshVR
Registered User
 
RajeshVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,777
Likes (Received): 4792

Mohanlal's 300th Movie Pranayam Trailer


RajeshVR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #57
ajithv
Registered User
 
ajithv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 9,429
Likes (Received): 359

Adopting the modern technology of 3D, late actor Jayan will appear on silver screen again. About twelve experts from America will arrive in Kerala to make the film. Vijeesh Mani is directing the film, under the banner of Anaswara Cinemas. T.A Shahid has penned the screen play and dialogue. Niranjan Babu is the cinematographer. Vayalar Sarat Chandra Varma has penned lyrics. The late music director Salil Chaudary's son Sanjay Chaudhary has scored the music.Pooja and recording of `Avatharam' was performed at Dubai. Play back singer K.J Yesudas lit the lamp. V.S Kumar is producing the film.



ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM   #58
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 22,305
Likes (Received): 9801

Superstars under scanner

BREAKING NEWS

Income Tax Officials conducting raids at Malayalam Superstars Mammooty and Mohanlal's residences. Both Mammotty's and Mohanlal's Kochi residences are raided by Income TAX Unit.

In addition officials are conducting raids in Mohanlal's Vismaya Films, Maxlabs, Travancore Court Hotel in Kochi, Mohanlal's Wife Suchitra's Chennai residence, his bangalore based restaurant and commercial towers etc. Mohanlal was not there at his residence at time of raid. He was in Ramaeswaram for Shooting.

Its learnt, 2 elephant tusks were recovered from Kochi residence of Mohanlal. Two rooms are yet to be opened, as protected with numeral password controlled laser security technology.


Officials also conducted raids in Mammootty's Salamath in Kochi. Also he was questioned by Chennai Income Tax officials at Adayar. Mammootty was served notice to appear before Income Tax Officials today evening at Kochi, while Mohanlal may appear at Chennai tommorrow.
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM   #59
PPJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore/Calicut
Posts: 2,718
Likes (Received): 1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
BREAKING NEWS

Income Tax Officials conducting raids at Malayalam Superstars Mammooty and Mohanlal's residences. Both Mammotty's and Mohanlal's Kochi residences are raided by Income TAX Unit.

In addition officials are conducting raids in Mohanlal's Vismaya Films, Maxlabs, Travancore Court Hotel in Kochi, Mohanlal's Wife Suchitra's Chennai residence, his bangalore based restaurant and commercial towers etc. Mohanlal was not there at his residence at time of raid. He was in Ramaeswaram for Shooting.

Its learnt, 2 elephant tusks were recovered from Kochi residence of Mohanlal. Two rooms are yet to be opened, as protected with numeral password controlled laser security technology.


Officials also conducted raids in Mammootty's Salamath in Kochi. Also he was questioned by Chennai Income Tax officials at Adayar. Mammootty was served notice to appear before Income Tax Officials today evening at Kochi, while Mohanlal may appear at Chennai tommorrow.
Smelling some foul play. Its okay to have IT raids. But why so sudden and these two? Maybe the target was one person, but to neutralize they might have raided both actors. Whatever, if their hands are dirty let them get caught.
PPJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM   #60
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 22,305
Likes (Received): 9801







NATIONAL AND MALAYALAM MEDIAs make big news regarding superstar raids
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu