search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM   #61
deewana

Likes (Received): 93

ഇനി എന്തോക്കെ കാണണം.......
Azhikode has asked Defence Minister A.K. Antony to recommend to President Pratibha Patil to strip Mohanlal of the honorary commission in the Territorial Army.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chann...k-azhikode-221
deewana no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:56 PM   #62
PPJ

Likes (Received): 1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by deewana View Post
ഇനി എന്തോക്കെ കാണണം.......
Azhikode has asked Defence Minister A.K. Antony to recommend to President Pratibha Patil to strip Mohanlal of the honorary commission in the Territorial Army.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chann...k-azhikode-221
Azhikode is using the opportunity!.
We can expect lot of nonsense ahead..
PPJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM   #63
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1080

just imagine something similar in Rajni Kant's or late Raj Kumar's (Kannada) house, what would be the response from fans?? I appreciate every Malalayali (including channels) for being realistic.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:16 PM   #64
ajithv

Likes (Received): 379

ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:24 PM   #65
ajithv

Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:28 PM   #66
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 6038

Engane enthu thudangi? Can't they put better titles for dubbed movies?
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:34 PM   #67
ajithv

Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:45 PM   #68
ajithv

Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM   #69
ajithv

Old July 26th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #70
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 763

Ithokke already potty paleesaya padangalalle...?
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #71
ajithv

[IMG]http://i56.************/2vw5u0o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/vhaqs0.jpg[/IMG]
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #72
ajithv

[IMG]http://i54.************/euiis4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.************/vsht34.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/zlrl2q.jpg[/IMG]
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #73
ajithv

[IMG]http://i56.************/2e167tc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.************/n1a5g0.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #74
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Oscars entry Malayalam movie lacks fund for promotion

Talk about Indian films, and the first thing that comes to mind is Bollywood. Money, fame, glamour, it's got everything to offer. But beyond the razzle and dazzle of the spotlight there's another industry which is fighting a lonely battle for survival. These are the small scale, low-budget regional films, often made by independent filmmakers.

Money might breed money but it can't always guarantee success. Thus, despite a lack of financial muscle, there are times when regional films triumph over Hindi movies.
Malayalam movie Adaminte Makan Abu is one such example. Produced and directed by Salim Ahmed, the film won four national awards - best film, actor, photography and background music - and has been chosen as India's official entry to the Oscars in the foreign language category.

But the Oscar selection is proving to be a bigger headache for the debutant director than that he had faced making the film, which cost him nearly Rs 1 crore. Ahmed, a small time videographer at a remote village in Kannur district of Kerala, is now finding it difficult to arrange funds for promoting his film in the US for the Oscar jury. He needs at least Rs 2 crore and is running from pillar to post but with little to show for his efforts.

Director Salim Ahmed.

His effort to raise funds somewhat mirrors that of the central character in his film in which an old man, who sells attar (perfume), dreams of making enough money to go on a pilgrimage to Mecca. Despite all his efforts, he fails to save the money needed for the trip.

"Before the Oscar nomination, we will have to conduct a lot of promotional events such as screening the film in the US to mobilise support. A minimum of six screenings have to be arranged for the jury members," Ahmed said.

"I cannot borrow money because even if the film gets a nomination, it does not bring home any cash."

The print has already landed in the US and Ahmed is expected to be there by the middle of this month. Ahmed had turned to all sections for help, but faced rejection from every quarter. The Film Federation of India has also appealed to the Union information and broadcasting minister Ambika Soni for financial help, but she is yet to respond.

Back home, the Malayalam film industry, controlled by superstars Mammootty and Mohanlal, has even refused to acknowledge the film's selection for the Oscars, while the state cultural affairs ministry too is reluctant to help.

The team behind the award winning film is now pinning it hopes on the efforts of Salim Kumar, who played the lead role. He has turned to Bollywood star Aamir Khan for help.
"I hope I can convince him about the problems low-budget filmmakers face in promoting movies," Kumar said.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/m.../1/153577.html
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #75
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 10423

Saw Indian Rupee Yesterday.

Finally I am seeing a good movie of Prithiviraj, after Classmates, Nandhanam.... Its really a class movie and superb. A true ground reality movies and how currency circulates in our society, without our own knowledge.

The best of the lot is Thilakan. He is really superb and no wonder, he is so confident during his ban period. He shines more brighter than Prithiviraj. Infact first half was really Thilakan on main role, while only in second half Prithiviraj gets his share.

Its not anyway a comedy movie or satrical like Pranchiyettan. The humourous Thrissur slang helped Pranchiyettan to gain popularity for those who seek comedy. In Indian Rupee, the slang and feel is purely Kozhikodan and its typical of Malabar style and elements.

One thing I loved the most, Ranjith sharply struck Ravi Pillai, his dreams for buying maximum Malls and Hotels, including the recently RP mall in Kozhikode and quest for Padmashree were all hitted in the movie.

One thing really stands out is the beautiful Kozhikode city. Being a real estate themed movie, Kozhikode Urban developments, its malls and land estate deals have came on fore front. Sanju, you really missed the movie.....

The Kozhikode looks stunning when the introduction titles was rolled out. I say, someone must keep the record of the title bar, as it can be used some 20-30 year later to compare the difference of the city.

At the same time, unlike the pretty simple, yet cunning Thrissurians of Pranchiyettan, people of Kozhikode was portrayed more of being Sharks, ready to swallow the prey as ease. Mamukoya, in his typical Kozhikodan style easily convinced the viewers, how no personal relations or values works in cut-throat real estate deals.

Rima is really prefect. She portrays the typical modern Malayali Girl. Mind it, when I say Modern, its more of attitude than dressing. Rima's typical attitude is retained for the movie character and that made her combo with Prithiviraj fine, though it is not as sync as with Asif or any other regular Rima heros.

And of-course, not to forget, Jagathy has done is usual best. The climax without Jagathy would be unimaginable.

I recommend for watching the movie, for those who like golden movies like T.P Balagopalan MA or Nadodikattu etc.... Its a most genuine reality movie, without any style, glitz or filmi masalas.....And importantly it gives a real message.

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #76
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 10423

Mohanlal and his early heroines

Starting from Mohanlal's first heroine- Poornima Bhagyaraj, Lissy Priyadarshan, Shobhana, Sumalatha Ambarish, Radhika Sarathkumar, Nadiya Moidu, Ambika, Radhika, Khushboo, Ramya Krishnan, Shobhana Maniratnam

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #77
Sali_varakkal

Likes (Received): 471

State to go ahead with theatre classification

Classification of cinema theatres based on their facilities will be completed by October-end, Minister in charge of the Cinema portfolio K.B. Ganesh Kumar has said.

This was decided at a meeting the Minister held with representatives of the Kerala Film Exhibitors' Association, Kerala Film Producers' Association, and the Kerala Film Chamber here on Monday. The meeting also decided to do away with the reservation and service charges being levied from the public. Briefing reporters about the meeting held to end the impasse over the release system, Mr. Ganesh Kumar said the ‘wide release' of films will be introduced after grading the ‘A' and ‘B' class theatres in the State. The gradation will be based on the facilities offered to the public. This includes, air-conditioning, acoustics, projection, seating, toilets, and parking facilities, among others. Committees comprising a sound engineer, a civil engineer, a cameraman, a journalist, and a representative of the audience will visit the theatres to assess the facilities. The government will provide a questionnaire for the process. The government will discuss the draft report with the fraternal organisations and stakeholders before classifying the theatres. New releases will be permitted in theatres which get higher grades. In order to expedite the process, the State will be divided into three regions and three separate panels will inspect the theatres. There will be provisions for appeal against the panel findings. Ticketing machines will be set up in theatres to check tax evasion. Curbs will be placed on the non-tax revenue collected by the theatres. Prime consideration will be for improving audience facilities.

link:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle2490052.ece
Old October 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM   #78
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

The biggest blockbuster of 2011 released today. See the theater response
Old October 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM   #79
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1080

OMG, Paranju paranju ningal athoru hittaakki alle??
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:26 AM   #80
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Likes (Received): 350

Pinnallathe... See this!