search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 5th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #101
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Likes (Received): 1976

http://www.bestmediainfo.com/2013/09...aveller-seeks/
Quote:
The newest Incredible India campaign, ‘Find what you seek’, by Ogilvy & Mather is a showcase of India’s best places with the idea that whatever a traveller will seek, he will find in this country. The previous Incredible India campaigns have also showed prospective tourists different parts of the country – be it the deserts of the west, the hills and mountains of the north, the beautiful coastal beaches or jungles and the backwaters in the south. The new campaign made especially for print and outdoor, is an extension of the same objective – to evoke wonder and curiosity about the country.
The Ministry of Tourism’s brief to O&M was to delve deeper into what made India truly incredible. The team started researching by talking not just to the ministry but also to travellers from around the world. The team set out to make 17 creative executions which showcase everything from Leh and Ladakh to Kerala. These were places that the client thought tourists would be most likely to visit

Photos from kerala for the campaign

Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #102
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Aerial vehicle to shoot tourism ad

Quote:

Alappuzha: For the first time in the country, the State tour*ism department is planning to shoot a commercial film in Alappuzha with a small un-manned aerial vehicle (UAV). The purpose is to promote houseboat tourism across the world.

A top official of the state tourism department told DC that the department had approved a pr*oject along these lines, which would be carried out by Stark Commun*ic*a*tions, an ad agency bas*ed in Thiruvananthapuram.

According to the official, the ad is designed with the intention of promoting houseboat cruising, especially in European countries. “So far, the department was campaigning with the normal features of floating houseboats. This time we have decided to do a commercial with a helicam as it can highlight all the aspects of houseboat cruising.”

This new move of the Tourism department comes after last month’s launch of a new website with gesture-controlled features to help its users. Although it has used feature films, commercials and television productions, especially those made in European countries, for the first time a government department has come up with such an effort.

Anu Praveen, the coordinator of Stark Communications, which has done a number of successful ads for Kerala tourism, including "Your Moment is Waiting", told DC that they had got approval from the tourism department to shoot the ad.

“We discussed the concept with helicam experts for the last two days. It will help to capture all the features of houseboats so that tourists can get a clear picture of houseboat functioning. The shoot is likely to be begin soon in Alappuzha,” he added.

Alappuzha is considered the hub of houseboat tourism in the country. It earns Rs,500 crore annually, and accounts for a major portion of the income the exchequer gets out of tourism.
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #103
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Kerala tourism to tap Japanese market

Quote:
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Kerala tourism is looking to make further inroads into the Japanese market, and is showcasing "God's own country" - as the state is described in its advertisement tagline - at a travel fair in Tokyo, officials said.

The JATA Travel Showcase 2013 opened in Tokyo Thursday, and will continue until Sunday.

This fair comes at a time of surge in tourist arrivals in the state, on account of enhanced air connectivity and the newly-introduced visa-on-arrival facility at two airports in the state -- one in the capital city and the other in Kochi.

Participating for the first time at JATA Tourism Forum and Travel Showcase 2013, Kerala will attempt to draw attention to its natural beauty and other travel products, including soul-soothing Ayurveda.

The JATA travel show is billed as one of the largest such events in Asia.

In 2012, the state recorded 11,500 tourist arrivals from Japan, a nearly 60 percent growth in five years.

State tourism minister A P Anil Kumar, who is leading the Kerala contingent to Japan, said that there has been an increasing interest among citizens from Japan for Ayurveda and wellness.

"Being the home of Ayurveda, Kerala is sure to attract visitors from Japan," he said.

Air connectivity between the state and Japan has increased, thanks to flights operated by Silk Air, Air Asia and Tiger Airways. Malaysian Airlines commenced operations to the state from the first week of September this year.

Secretary of Kerala Tourism Suman Billa said the contingent from the state met officials from Singapore Airlines and Malaysian Airlines, who expressed interest in a partnership with the state tourism department.

"We are planning road shows and familiarization trips for tour operators and travel writers from key cities of Japan as a follow-up initiative," Billa said.

Ambassador of India to Japan Deepa Gopalan Wadhwa held a formal reception for the Kerala contingent. She also visited the Kerala Tourism pavilion and expressed happiness that the state had made a presence at JATA for the first time.
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #104
chekuthan
che-kut-han

http://tourism.gov.in/writereaddata/...new/Kerala.pdf
Old September 19th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #105
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Kerala Tourism goes to Tokyo

Quote:
Kerala Tourism is participating in the JATA Tourism Forum and Travel Showcase 2013 that has formally opened in Tokyo. Billed as one of the largest in Asia, the JATA event is being held from September 12 to 15.

The tourism department of the State is looking to sell to the Japanese market not just the destination but also its traditional skills in ayurveda. In 2012, it recorded 11,500 tourist arrivals from Japan, which represents a growth of nearly 60 per cent over the past five years. The State Government hopes that visa-on-arrival facility introduced recently will attract more people from Japan to Kerala
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #106
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Filled to its brim, Idukki dam woos tourists

Quote:
Thousands of tourists are flocking to the Idukki dam site this Onam season to experience the scenic beauty of the dam which is filled to the brim. Nearly 21,000 people have already visited the site which was opened for the public as part of the festival season. For those who want to cruise on the reservoir waters, the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) has arranged two speed boats from the Mattupetty dam.

“The heavy rush is due to the water level which is near to the full reservoir level. We are expecting more tourists in the coming days,” said an official at the ticket counter at the entrance of the Cheruthoni dam.

Most of the visitors are from the neighbouring districts. Those on a vacation in Munnar or Thekkady also visit the dam site. Tourists can visit the dam site till October 20.

The usually quiet road from Vellappara to the dam site and the return route to the Hospital Junction are now busy stretches with the arrival of tourist vehicles. “Despite the heavy rain, many families with children come to visit the site out of curiosity,” added the official at the ticket counter.

Park

Roshy Augustine, MLA, said the aim was to make the district headquarters a major tourism destination.

The opening of the Hill View Park at Cheruthoni and the pavilion in front of the arch dam are part of this project.

He said the downstream area of the arch dam would be developed into a model garden on the lines of Malampuzha.

“There are also a number of less-known waterfalls and scenic spots nearby and they can be explored with the sustained development of the basic infrastructure there. There is also scope for hydel tourism,” he added.

Entry fee

Elaborate security arrangements are also in place at the dam site. The police officials are strictly monitoring the dam area. Cameras and cell phones are not allowed inside the dam area. The entry fee is Rs.10 for adults and Rs.5 for children. The fee for 15-minute boating service for five persons is Rs. 600.

Earlier, there was a blanket ban on public entry in to the dam due to security reasons. Later, it was relaxed opening the dam for public for 10 days during the Onam and the Christmas seasons. The duration has been increased to one month since last year.
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #107
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Shortage of one lakh hotel rooms in India: Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi

Quote:
KOCHI: With foreign tourist arrivals expected to witness an eight per cent growth by 2020, there is a need to fill up the shortage of about one lakh hotel rooms in the country, Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi said today.

"India has over two lakh rooms in hotel and guest house category and there is shortage of about one lakh rooms, especially in the budget and mid market segment," the minister said in his inaugural address at the 48th Annual convention of the Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Association in Kochi.

There is a need for more hotels in non-metro cities in India, he said. "The tourism industry has been witnessing an upswing in the last few years and revenues are expected to touch USD 431.7 billion by 2020 end. Foreign tourist arrivals will register over eight per cent growth by 2020," he said.
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #108
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Kerala: CII to hold health tourism meet

Quote:
KOCHI, SEPT. 23:
In its efforts to promote health tourism in Kerala, CII, in association with the State Government, is organising the fourth edition of Kerala Health Tourism 2013 from October 31 to November 2 here at the Le Meridian.

The programme will create awareness about Kerala as a medical tourism destination at the international level; all stakeholders will come together and showcase their products and services to overseas delegations from medical tourism destinations.

The international conference will have reputed Indian and international speakers from prominent organisations in the healthcare and tourism sector and also from the Government.
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #109
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Kerala Tourism revenues at Rs 21,000 cr, Google, Twitter, Facebook, power process

Quote:
Witnessing 7.94 lakh foreign tourists arrival in 2012 as compared to 7.33 lakh in 2011, Kerala earned Rs 21,125 crore revenue from tourism sector last year, with a little help from Google Inc.

"The total revenue, both direct and indirect from tourism in Kerala touched Rs 21,125 crore in 2012 compared to Rs 19,037 crore in 2011," Kerala Tourism spokesperson T V Prasanth told reporters here today.

Compared to 93.88 lakh domestic tourists in 2011, 1.01 crore domestic tourists visited Kerala in 2012. The Foreign exchange earnings had also gone up from Rs 4,221.99 crore in 2011 to Rs 4,548 crore in 2012, Prasanth said.

The iconic rise of Kerala as a global destination continued in the past year as Kerala consolidated its position on the world tourism map with fantastic strides in all aspects of tourism.

The synergy developed between tour operators, property owners, travel agencies and search engines like Google and connectivity solutions like Wi-Fi and mobile Internet have resulted in a massive upsurge in foreign interest in Kerala through the world of internet, the spokesperson said.

Harnessing the powers of the digital revolution, Kerala has projected itself very well onto the social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook.

Kerala has become the number one travel destination in the Google's search trends for India this year. Munnar is also on the list of Top 10 Indian destinations on Google's Zeitgeist site showing search trends from around the world. Successful partnership meets were conducted at Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi.

This year, Kerala Tourism proposes to conduct such meets in Tier 2 cities such as Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Lucknow, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Surat, Nagpur, Pune, Indore, Bhubaneswar and Raipur, Prasanth said.

In a move to draw more visitors, Kerala tourism is planning to conduct workshops in Geneva, UK, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Paris, Barcelona, Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Prague, Stockholm, Kiev and St Petersburg.
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #110
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Kerala on canvas enthrals at French travel fair

Quote:
Kerala Tourism presented the natural beauty of 'God's Own Country' on canvas at the International French Travel Mart (IFTM) at Paris.

"The interest about Kerala among French travellers was tremendous and if the massive response is any indication, we are going to witness an impressive increase in tourist arrivals from France," said Tourism director S. Harikishore.

"France remains a strong market for us in terms of tourist arrivals," said Harikishore, who led the Kerala delegation to the 35th edition of IFTM, organised Sep 24-27 in Paris.

The paintings were mounted on the walls of the sprawling Kerala Pavilion which portrayed the state's abundant flora and fauna.

France is the second largest market for Kerala Tourism after Britain.

Nearly one lakh French tourists visited the state last year

Get ready to be blown away by hot air balloon

Quote:
Taking into consideration the immense adventure tourism opportunities in the state, the Kerala Tourism Infrastructure Limited (KTIL) is planning to introduce tethered hot air balloon facility in Kochi and Munnar. The project which was mooted by the KTIL a few months ago was recently accorded government sanction.

According to S N Anil Kumar, KTIL MD, the government has sanctioned `1 crore for the project and a slew of other innovative tourism products.

“The estimated cost for the hot air balloon facility is Rs 60 lakh, which includes purchase of the balloon and appointment of a licenced pilot and other aspects. The proposal will be forwarded to the Director-General of Civil Aviation for approval. We expect to kickstart the project within the next six months,” he said.

The KTIL has currently identified two tourism hotspots --Munnar and Kochi -- for the introduction of the facility. It will be implemented in Kochi on a trial basis. The project will be introduced in Munnar later.

“Munnar already boasts of certain seasonal hot air balloon activities. The tethered air balloon can be used in Munnar on a later basis,” Anil Kumar said.Experts cite that tethered balloons are securely anchored to the ground through ropes.

However, it gives the balloonist the feel of actually floating in the air.

The ride will last for a few minutes and the balloon will float at a high altitude.

“In our state, especially in the cities, it is impossible to introduce floating hot air balloons as it poses several safety risks, including hitting mobile towers and also high wind turbulence. Since Kochi needs a major boost when it comes to adventure tourism, we have decided to implement this project here in the city,” the officials said..
International honour for KITTS

Quote:
The Kerala Institute of Tourism and Travel Studies (KITTS), an institute under the Tourism Department, has been selected as regional vice-president of affiliate members of Asia-Pacific region at the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).

KITTS was selected as vice-president in the general body meeting of the organisation held in August at Victoria Falls in Africa. KITTS is the first tourism institute in the country to be elected as regional vice-president.

Tourism Minister A P Anil Kumar said that the recognition comes at a time when the institute was celebrating its silver jubilee year. He said that the recognition was given for KITTS’ outstanding activities in tourism education, research and training. The recognition will give a fillip to the tourism sector, the Minister said.

Kerala Institute of Tourism and Travel Studies was made an affiliate member of UNWTO in 2012.

This autonomous institute conducts various courses and training programmes for both students and professionals in the tourism industry.

KITTS’ mission is to provide quality educational services and training programmes to develop professional and competent personnel for travel, tourism and hospitality industry taking into account the present and futuristic requirements of the tourism sector.
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #111
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Likes (Received): 2218

DeadManWalking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #112
chekuthan
che-kut-han

KCA plans cricket tourism

Quote:
The Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) is turning its focus on cricket tourism -- promoting cricket culture in the state along with tapping tourism potential, National Cricket Academy chairman and KCA president T C Mathew has said.

“The cricket stadium built at Krishnagiri in Wayanad district, which is South India’s first high altitude stadium, is expected to cater to this objective. Hopefully, the stadium will be opened on November 14,” said Mathew, who was selected chairman of the NCA and a member of the IPL governing council recently, addressing a press meet here on Sunday.

The picturesque stadium with international quality pitch has a gallery in the form of a sloped lawn where people can sit and watch. “Besides, there are swimming pools, indoor stadium etc,” Mathew said.

There is no scope for holding international matches at Krishnagiri stadium but we will achieve the goal in future, said the KCA chief, adding that a stand alone cricket stadium was not viable and hence they planned a sports complex there. Mathew added that there were attempts to bring some IPL matches to Kochi. “The Kochi Tuskers Kerala, which was disbanded by the BCCI, has moved arbitration which is under consideration. At this juncture, we will try to bring matches of other franchisees to Kochi as it would be a chance for Kerala to showcase its culture. We have already discussed the matter with the Chief Minister.” The NCA has plans to open a zonal cricket academy and a specialists academy in the state and the opening of the Krishnagiri stadium would expedite the move, he said.

On allegations against the BCCI over the selection of N Srinivasan as president, Mathew said the cricket body was not a team of tainted persons. “Srinivasan’s son-in-law Meiyappan was named in the spot-fixing scam. Those who failed in elections are raising allegations against the BCCI office-bearers,” said Mathew.
Old October 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #113
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Old October 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #114
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Kerala Tourism plans tomake itself more visible

Quote:
Reflective signboards to be put up across State

Complaints about visibility and lack of enough display of destination, road, and information signage on the road network of the State will be a thing of the past with Kerala Tourism all set to install 1,600 signboards.

Eleven different types of retroreflective signboards in accordance with the Code of Practice for Road Signs and MoRTH’s (Ministry of Road Transport and Highways) specifications for roads and bridges are to be installed on the National Highways, Main Central Road, and other roads across the State at an estimated cost of Rs.3.44 crore.

Hundreds of tourists, especially those from abroad and other States, arriving for holidaying and stakeholders of the tourism industry had been complaining that the signboards installed years ago were not visible.

Kerala Tourism has entrusted the responsibility of preparing a comprehensive plan for making visible the signage to the National Transportation Planning and Research Centre (Natpac). After carrying out a detailed study and assessing the needs for the signage boards, Natpac has suggested need for 1,600 signboards and identified the locations to install them.

Natpac has worked out a plan by grouping the 14 districts into three — Package-I: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha, and Pathanamthitta; Package-II: Kottayam, Idukki, Ernakulam, Thrissur, and Palakkad; and Package-III: Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, and Kasaragod. The contract amount fixed for Package I comes to Rs.1.03 crore, Rs.1.50 crore for Package II, and Rs.1.36 crore for Package III.

A top Natpac official told The Hindu that the plan is to complete tender formalities and to install the tourism signboards in six months. A seven-year guarantee has been sought for the boards and those entrusted with the work will have to maintain the boards for five years. The colour, configuration, size, and location of all traffic signs for highways and for other roads will be in accordance with the Code of Practice for Road Signs, IRC (Indian Roads Congress): 67:2012.

Different kind of signboards include those on destination, information for tourists, overhead destination, district layout map, tourist area layout, and others.

Along with this, the government has also asked local bodies to install adequate signposts showing destination, directions, and warning boards using their own funds.
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #115
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Old October 20th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #116
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Old October 20th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #117
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #118
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Quote:
Thiruvananthpauram, Oct. 22:

After winning over most of Europe, the Department of Tourism is now looking to reach beyond the Atlantic to address a potential market from that geography.

Kerala Tourism is organising three road shows in major cities across the US these days, announcing its entry into the North American market.
FIRST TIME

This is the first time that the Kerala Tourism is organising road shows in the US, an official spokesman said here. Tourist arrivals from that country had gone up to 57,807 last year from 55,741 in 2011.

The first road show was held in New York on Monday; Chicago hosted the second on Tuesday. This will be followed by the last event proposed to be held in Los Angeles on Thursday.

The US is the fourth major market for Kerala Tourism after the UK, France and Germany, the spokesman quoted tourism minister A.P. Anilkumar as saying on Tuesday.

The minister is leading the visiting delegation of Government and industry representatives from the State.
SLIDE SHOW

An increase in arrivals of visitors from the biggest economy in the world will be a significant factor for the growth of tourism in the State, the minister said.

Meanwhile, Union Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur attended the road show in New York.

Also present was India’s Consul General in New York Dnyaneshwar M. Mulay. At least 58 members from the US travel and tourism trade sector participated.

The highlight of the event was a presentation on the top tourist attractions in ‘God’s Own Country’ by tourism secretary Suman Billa.
TOP TRAVELLERS

Americans are one of the top global travellers and therefore it is only logical that Kerala Tourism is seeking to make its presence in the vast market offered by the US, the spokesman quoted Billa as saying.

Eight industry representatives from Kerala are attending the events. They are Kumarakom Lake Resort; RAXA Collective; Intersight Tours and Travels; Kerala.com Travel Division; The Travel Planners; Lotus DMC; Easy Tours of India; and Ayurvedamana Properties.

Air India is offering free economy-class round-trip tickets to winners of lucky draws being held at each venue of the road show. The lucky draw winners get a free 10-day holiday in Kerala.
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #119
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Old October 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #120
DeadManWalking
నాయక్