search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:44 AM   #61
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,096
Likes (Received): 1090

What is the need of starting this project in Theni-Idukki project? Whether farmers will be compensated? Whether this will create any jobs for locals and revenue for respective states?

Instead of Theni-Idukki border, why can't they chose Thar Desert (Rajasthan-Pakistan border or Rajasthan-Kutch border)?
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:45 AM   #62
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,096
Likes (Received): 1090

I only weant, we should support Vaiko in Neutrino Project issue
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:25 AM   #63
donmagnet
Registered User
 
donmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Instead of Theni-Idukki border, why can't they chose Thar Desert (Rajasthan-Pakistan border or Rajasthan-Kutch border)?
Since the laboratory cavern needs to be more than 1000 m underground (so that there is at least 1000 m cover all-round to absorb/reduce natural cosmic radiation), the choice of site is primarily dictated by the rock quality, in order to obtain a stable safe environment for such long-term activity. Geologically, southern Indian mountains have the most compact, dense rock (mostly gneiss) while the Himalayas are mostly metamorphic sedimentary rock with pockets of gneiss. A considerable area of peninsular India, the Indian Shield, consists of Archean gneisses and schists which are the oldest rocks found in India. While the Karnataka region has more schistic type rocks, the rock found in BWH is mainly Charnockite, which is the hardest rock known. The mountains of Tamil Nadu, in general, are the most attractive possibility, offering stable dense rocks with maximum safety for locating such a laboratory. Apart from this, availability of water and power and easy access to the site for maximum work efficiency are other factors.
donmagnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:28 AM   #64
donmagnet
Registered User
 
donmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
What is the need of starting this project in Theni-Idukki project? Whether this will create any jobs for locals and revenue for respective states?
Efforts will be made to improve the infrastructure and academic standards of the surrounding schools as permitted by governing rules. Exhibitions and other similar facilities will be arranged to enhance the scientific spirit of the local youngsters, etc.
INO will be a catalyst for improvement in academic and living standards in the neighbourhood (procurement of materials for local consumption, interaction with some of the best scientists in the country, etc.)
donmagnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:30 AM   #65
donmagnet
Registered User
 
donmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Whether farmers will be compensated? ?
It is planned to set up INO facilities in puramboke land and no agricultural land will be required.
donmagnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:31 AM   #66
donmagnet
Registered User
 
donmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 42

Criteria for locating the underground lab

1. Depth: An overburden in excess of 1000 m in all directions1, to manage the cosmic ray

background. Any site has to satisfy this minimal requirement as part of the physics considerations.

2. Risk Factors: Rock stability is an important criterion from the point of view of safety.

This is the largest ever underground lab to be constructed in India at such a depth. Availability of advance geotechnical information is very important for assessing risks. Stability of rock, rock density and compactness are also crucial for managing the detector load factor.

3. Seismic stability is yet another important criterion: it is a crucial ingredient for the

design and stability of the underground detector as well as all surface facilities at the site, especially for the life span of such a laboratory (50-100 years).

4. Geotechnical/geographic information: A complete 3D topo map of the region must be

available for evaluating backgrounds. Low rainfall area of about 75-100 cm per annum is needed for operating detectors which are sensitive to humidity. Adequate water for cooling the magnets that will provide magnetic fields in excess of 1 T is needed to be available at all times apart from the water needed for A/C for the lab.

5. Environmental impact: Given the nature of the basic requirements, the project location

will invariably be located near/in an ecologically and environmentally sensitive area. The impact will be mainly during construction period - it should be possible to minimise and manage the impact during construction; there will be negligible impact during operation.

6. Cost factors - Construction: It is important to remember that riding on an existing

project is preferable to an entirely new site. This will also reduce the time gap between the start of the project and the time when the detectors are installed.

1Typically, unless the cavern is under a plateau, this implies a vertical overburden in excess of 1200 m.

7. Operating Cost: Again this may be reduced if many aspects of the associated in- frastructure are available due to the presence of another larger project at the same location.

8. Access: It is important to have quick access to the laboratory from major cities with good industrial infrastructure.

9. Neutrino Beam: Distances to various future possible neutrino factories and any par- ticular advantage that may be there due to physics reasons.

10. Long-term availability of the site.
donmagnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:32 AM   #67
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,096
Likes (Received): 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagnet View Post
Since the laboratory cavern needs to be more than 1000 m underground (so that there is at least 1000 m cover all-round to absorb/reduce natural cosmic radiation), the choice of site is primarily dictated by the rock quality, in order to obtain a stable safe environment for such long-term activity. Geologically, southern Indian mountains have the most compact, dense rock (mostly gneiss) while the Himalayas are mostly metamorphic sedimentary rock with pockets of gneiss. A considerable area of peninsular India, the Indian Shield, consists of Archean gneisses and schists which are the oldest rocks found in India. While the Karnataka region has more schistic type rocks, the rock found in BWH is mainly Charnockite, which is the hardest rock known. The mountains of Tamil Nadu, in general, are the most attractive possibility, offering stable dense rocks with maximum safety for locating such a laboratory. Apart from this, availability of water and power and easy access to the site for maximum work efficiency are other factors.
What is the need fpor this laboratory or Neutrino project?

Whether it will help farmers, or poor peoples? Whether it will reduce malnutrition deaths and starvation?
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:34 AM   #68
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,096
Likes (Received): 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagnet View Post
Criteria for locating the underground lab

1. Depth: An overburden in excess of 1000 m in all directions1, to manage the cosmic ray

background. Any site has to satisfy this minimal requirement as part of the physics considerations.

2. Risk Factors: Rock stability is an important criterion from the point of view of safety.

This is the largest ever underground lab to be constructed in India at such a depth. Availability of advance geotechnical information is very important for assessing risks. Stability of rock, rock density and compactness are also crucial for managing the detector load factor.

3. Seismic stability is yet another important criterion: it is a crucial ingredient for the

design and stability of the underground detector as well as all surface facilities at the site, especially for the life span of such a laboratory (50-100 years).

4. Geotechnical/geographic information: A complete 3D topo map of the region must be

available for evaluating backgrounds. Low rainfall area of about 75-100 cm per annum is needed for operating detectors which are sensitive to humidity. Adequate water for cooling the magnets that will provide magnetic fields in excess of 1 T is needed to be available at all times apart from the water needed for A/C for the lab.

5. Environmental impact: Given the nature of the basic requirements, the project location

will invariably be located near/in an ecologically and environmentally sensitive area. The impact will be mainly during construction period - it should be possible to minimise and manage the impact during construction; there will be negligible impact during operation.

6. Cost factors - Construction: It is important to remember that riding on an existing

project is preferable to an entirely new site. This will also reduce the time gap between the start of the project and the time when the detectors are installed.

1Typically, unless the cavern is under a plateau, this implies a vertical overburden in excess of 1200 m.

7. Operating Cost: Again this may be reduced if many aspects of the associated in- frastructure are available due to the presence of another larger project at the same location.

8. Access: It is important to have quick access to the laboratory from major cities with good industrial infrastructure.

9. Neutrino Beam: Distances to various future possible neutrino factories and any par- ticular advantage that may be there due to physics reasons.

10. Long-term availability of the site.
Whether Central Govt and officials of Neutrino Project can assure the a) Safety of Das in Idukki, Theni, and surrounding districts in Kerala/TN? b) Whether they can assure, no earth-quakes (major or minor) will happen in this region for the next 500 years at least?
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:38 AM   #69
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,096
Likes (Received): 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagnet View Post
Apart from this, availability of water and power and easy access to the site for maximum work efficiency are other factors.
Water? Where? Tamil Nadu is fighting with Kerala for water. Many of TN districts are arid, like Sivaganga, Ramanathapuram, etc. Mullaperiyar Water cannot be used for this Neutrino Project. It is only for Kerala, and farmers and common people in 6 Tamil Nadu districts. Neutrino Officials should not ever dream of using Mullaperiyar Water for their sinister designs.

And what about power? TN is facing 4-10 hr power-cut. Kerala is also having discreet minor power cuts. So, power generated from Idukki/Mullaperiyar should not use for Neutrino project.
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:46 AM   #70
donmagnet
Registered User
 
donmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Water? Where? Tamil Nadu is fighting with Kerala for water. Many of TN districts are arid, like Sivaganga, Ramanathapuram, etc. Mullaperiyar Water cannot be used for this Neutrino Project. It is only for Kerala, and farmers and common people in 6 Tamil Nadu districts. Neutrino Officials should not ever dream of using Mullaperiyar Water for their sinister designs.

And what about power? TN is facing 4-10 hr power-cut. Kerala is also having discreet minor power cuts. So, power generated from Idukki/Mullaperiyar should not use for Neutrino project.
http://http://www.ino.tifr.res.in/ino/faq.php
donmagnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 05:58 AM   #71
donmagnet
Registered User
 
donmagnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
What is the need fpor this laboratory or Neutrino project?

Whether it will help farmers, or poor peoples? Whether it will reduce malnutrition deaths and starvation?
ശാസ്ത്രത്തിനു വേണ്ടി മുടക്കുന്ന പണം മനുഷ്യന്റെ അറിവാണു വര്ധിപ്പിക്കുന്നത്.അതിനെ direct ആയി കാണരുത്*. ...... .
donmagnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 06:01 AM   #72
SP77
Simple Observer
 
SP77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kochi, Thodupuzha
Posts: 1,203
Likes (Received): 1008

George Town Thodupuzha - Skyvillas and Commercial Space



http://georgetownthodupuzha.com/projects.html
__________________

TiGeRcLaW88, safarksalim, unnikuttan liked this post
SP77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 10:46 AM   #73
keralite
Registered User
 
keralite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cochin,Kerala
Posts: 1,397
Likes (Received): 544

Proposal for new suburban 4 lane highway from Thodupuzha to Kochi
The minister says the highway will be built straight and under 50kms from Ernakulam city. so, bypassing Muvattupuzha-NH49 and using Thodupuzha-Pandappilly-Pampakkuda-Choondi-Thrippunithura-EKM highway may be what he is suggesting.




Source: http://deepika.epapr.in/458020/Deepi...-2015#page/9/2
__________________
Muvattupuzha district - the key to the fulfilment of midland growth.

safarksalim, SP77 liked this post
keralite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #74
shafeekali
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 661
Likes (Received): 272







Orchid Highlands Munnar
shafeekali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:52 PM   #75
keralite
Registered User
 
keralite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cochin,Kerala
Posts: 1,397
Likes (Received): 544

Joance Lakeview apartments, Muttom (Thodupuzha)


Joance is an eco-friendly project which spreads over an area of 50 cents with 2 and 3 BHK configurations, ranging from 1200 sq.ft to 2200 sq.ft. It is designed to have 44 elegant apartments with the view of finicky finessing nature.
source:
http://www.joancedevelopers.com/projects.aspx
__________________
Muvattupuzha district - the key to the fulfilment of midland growth.
keralite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 12:32 PM   #76
mathappan
Registered User
 
mathappan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Thodupuzha
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 4

Kerala govt,s first drinking water plant is going to inagurate in TDPA soon.. Company ready with ISO certificate.

TDPA EKLM suberben highway project got 50lacks in Budget.

Mariyil kalunku bridge is coming which will help to complete the inner ring road.

Nellappara madakkathanam bypass which is part of outer ring road will completed in another 2 Yeats..

Mutton which is the satalite town for TDPA get the spices or it park project by kinfra in budget.
__________________
Mathappan


Thodupuzha-- Eden Garden Of God's Own Country
mathappan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 07:16 PM   #77
keralite
Registered User
 
keralite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cochin,Kerala
Posts: 1,397
Likes (Received): 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathappan View Post
Kerala govt,s first drinking water plant is going to inagurate in TDPA soon.. Company ready with ISO certificate.

TDPA EKLM suberben highway project got 50lacks in Budget.

Mariyil kalunku bridge is coming which will help to complete the inner ring road.

Nellappara madakkathanam bypass which is part of outer ring road will completed in another 2 Yeats..

Mutton which is the satalite town for TDPA get the spices or it park project by kinfra in budget.
There is a big speciality hospital coming near Vengallur bypass?
__________________
Muvattupuzha district - the key to the fulfilment of midland growth.
keralite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 12:36 AM   #78
SP77
Simple Observer
 
SP77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kochi, Thodupuzha
Posts: 1,203
Likes (Received): 1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralite View Post
There is a big speciality hospital coming near Vengallur bypass?
Hospital coming up next to vengallur signal, right? The construction is going on... but is it a super specialty hospital or cancer hospital?
SP77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 07:19 PM   #79
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Kalyan silks and Kalyan Jewellers Thodupuzha

__________________

linu liked this post
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 08:09 PM   #80
keralite
Registered User
 
keralite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cochin,Kerala
Posts: 1,397
Likes (Received): 544

Thodupuzha Kalyanil poyyirunnu..not a big textile showroom, but entha thirakku. But Pulimoottil's are freeing up buildings near by and will be a much bigger textile showroom after few months. Pulimoottil=Thodupuzha's Seematti.
__________________
Muvattupuzha district - the key to the fulfilment of midland growth.
keralite no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu