search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 11th, 2015, 11:00 AM   #61
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
So Kollam will be the second city in Kerala after Kochi where there are national brands in multiplexes like Inox, Cinepolis and PVR. Because Muvattupuzha Cinepoint and RP mall film city Kozhikode are local brands and even though existing Carnival is a national brand the owner is a Malayali.

But what is the viability for 4 malls in Kollam
Answer is simple.4 existing malls have different stores.So people using all these malls.Rp mall having lots of internation brands with Anchor brand Reliance trends .Where as Eye mall having lots of restaurants such as Dominos,sfc,McDonalds(ongoing) etc and Big bazaar.All brands have only one or two outlets in Kollam city so all of us using all malls.Multiplex will success in any city. Its natural.
__________________
Kollam Rising

Kochi Resident liked this post
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2015, 11:05 AM   #62
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
Its not the number of mall, but the size of its GLA matters. Now their is trend in Kerala where people build 20,000 sqft shopping complex and mention it as a mall.
All malls in Kollam city are more than 250000 sq ft GLA.And all these have multiplexes.And it is impossible if a mall having 20000 sqft for carrying 3 to 5 multiplexes.

RP MALL-Carnival- 3 Screen
H&j mall -Carnival-4Screen
Eye mall-PVR-5 Screen
I mall-dont know how many screens but will have atleast 5 screen
__________________
Kollam Rising
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 11:43 AM   #63
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
All malls in Kollam city are more than 250000 sq ft GLA.And all these have multiplexes.And it is impossible if a mall having 20000 sqft for carrying 3 to 5 multiplexes.

RP MALL-Carnival- 3 Screen
H&j mall -Carnival-4Screen
Eye mall-PVR-5 Screen
I mall-dont know how many screens but will have atleast 5 screen
RP Mall have just 1 Lakh square feet of retail area, H&J has a total builtup area of 1.2 L sqft. Buildings above 2 Lakh sqft requires Environmental clearance and none of this projects has applied for that.
Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 11:54 AM   #64
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
RP Mall have just 1 Lakh square feet of retail area, H&J has a total builtup area of 1.2 L sqft. Buildings above 2 Lakh sqft requires Environmental clearance and none of this projects has applied for that.
Who said?Rp mall total sqft is 3 lakh sqft.Where as GLA is 250000 sqft with 7 floors.H&j mall total sqft is 4 lakh and its GLA is 350000 with 9 floors.Only first phase of 150000 sq ft used 2nd phase ongoing.It is the largest mall in Kollam.Eye mall has 250000 sqft with 5 floors and I mall have 150000sq ft and additional 50000 sq ft is adding to it for multiplex.

Sqft of rp mall without office space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
Friends, RP Mall also has 2 Lakh plus sq. feet of area. It is 2.10 lakh square feet of shopping and entertainement space. Our H&J Mall may be the tallest Mall structure not only in Kollam now but may be in Kerala currently as it is 9-storeyed structure.
__________________
Kollam Rising

Last edited by Premraj; October 11th, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 12:27 PM   #65
Kochi Resident
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,813
Likes (Received): 1339

H&J mall Is it in Kollam city or Karunagapally? Also there is different 'Eye mall' and I mall also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
All malls in Kollam city are more than 250000 sq ft GLA.And all these have multiplexes.And it is impossible if a mall having 20000 sqft for carrying 3 to 5 multiplexes.

RP MALL-Carnival- 3 Screen
H&j mall -Carnival-4Screen
Eye mall-PVR-5 Screen
I mall-dont know how many screens but will have atleast 5 screen
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 12:46 PM   #66
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
Who said?Rp mall total sqft is 3 lakh sqft.Where as GLA is 250000 sqft with 7 floors.H&j mall total sqft is 4 lakh and its GLA is 350000 with 9 floors.Only first phase of 150000 sq ft used 2nd phase ongoing.It is the largest mall in Kollam.Eye mall has 250000 sqft with 5 floors and I mall have 150000sq ft and additional 50000 sq ft is adding to it for multiplex.

Sqft of rp mall without office space
Regarding the RP mall, the top most official who is handling malabar's mall division told me this. I think he knows better than you.
H&J - 4 Lakh sqft . If you get time better browse their website.

And as I said earlier any of this projects has not applied for EC.
Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:00 PM   #67
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
H&J mall Is it in Kollam city or Karunagapally? Also there is different 'Eye mall' and I mall also?
H&J mall is in Karunagappally.Eye mall is in Kollam city (Polayathodu)and i Mall also in Kollam city(Anchalumoodu).Eye mall and i mall are different.
__________________
Kollam Rising
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:02 PM   #68
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
Regarding the RP mall, the top most official who is handling malabar's mall division told me this. I think he knows better than you.
H&J - 4 Lakh sqft . If you get time better browse their website.

And as I said earlier any of this projects has not applied for EC.
Who is top official?? I am a Quilonite.I am visiting RP mall more than you.The front entry advertisement itself Have all details About rp mall .Its 3lakh sq ft total including office space and parking space.Retail+Multiplex GLA is 250000 sq ft.

an old GLA OF rp mall.Now some office space is converted for one more multiplex by carnival cinemas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP_Mall,_Kollam

H &J mall is the tallest and biggest mall in Kollam.Total sq ft is 4 lakh.now only 1.5 lakh is used.2nd phase work are going on .check their website...

I dont have any idea about whether they approched for EC or not or it needed if GLA is more than 2 lakh. Are you working in EC Department? Then might be true.Else no chance..
__________________
Kollam Rising

Last edited by Premraj; October 11th, 2015 at 03:19 PM.
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:26 PM   #69
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
Who is top official?? I am a Quilonite.I am visiting RP mall more than you.The front entry advertisement itself Have all details About rp mall .Its 3lakh sq ft total including office space and parking space.Retail+Multiplex GLA is 250000 sq ft.

an old GLA OF rp mall.Now some office space is converted for one more multiplex by carnival cinemas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP_Mall,_Kollam

H &J mall is the tallest and biggest mall in Kollam.Total sq ft is 4 lakh.now only 1.5 lakh is used.2nd phase work are going on .check their website...

I dont have any idea about whether they approched for EC or not or it needed if GLA is more than 2 lakh. Are you working in EC Department? Then might be true.Else no chance..
K-Mall
Total builtup area - 195,000 sqft
Retail - 100,000 sqft
Office space - 60,000 sqft
After office space is converted to retail , now the GLA is 153,000 sqft

Regarding H&J mall

"With ten floors encompassing a total area of 1.2 Lakhs square feet and its place right in Karunagapally’s commercial hot spot, the National Highway 47 at Lalaji Junction; H&J Mall is the premier hub of everything you can think of: a large supermarket and department store, specialty shops, two cinema halls, a food court, an auditorium and conference hall, an entertainment area, and office space. Why venture far when you can find them all in one convenient place?"

http://www.hnjmall.com/

Last edited by Rajesh SM; October 11th, 2015 at 03:42 PM.
Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:31 PM   #70
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
K-Mall
Total builtup area - 195,000 sqft
Retail - 100,000 sqft
Office space - 60,000 sqft
Thats K mall.No more.Now its RP mall.old data you have. Total Built up area is 3 lakh not 1.9.
__________________
Kollam Rising
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #71
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
Thats K mall.No more.Now its RP mall.old data you have. Total Built up area is 3 lakh not 1.9.
Built up area will increase with name change?

__________________

rajkrish, tellicherrian liked this post

Last edited by Rajesh SM; October 11th, 2015 at 03:41 PM.
Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:51 PM   #72
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
Built up area will increase with name change?

That GLA does not include 3 screen multiplex or game zone or food court.Its old GLA when mall is opend as K mall and beyond squarefeet was the mall manager. When Rp is taken its GLA become 2.5 Lakh.and now mall is managed by Rp group.
__________________
Kollam Rising
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:53 PM   #73
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
[U]

"With ten floors encompassing a total area of 1.2 Lakhs square feet and its place right in Karunagapally’s commercial hot spot, the National Highway 47 at Lalaji Junction; H&J Mall is the premier hub of everything you can think of: a large supermarket and department store, specialty shops, two cinema halls, a food court, an auditorium and conference hall, an entertainment area, and office space. Why venture far when you can find them all in one convenient place?"

http://www.hnjmall.com/
Outdated data.Its only the first phase.H &J mall have 4 screen multiplex.
__________________
Kollam Rising
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #74
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
Outdated data.Its only the first phase.H &J mall have 4 screen multiplex.
10 floors first phase?
Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 04:04 PM   #75
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
10 floors first phase?
Building structure wise its completed.But only 4 floors of GLA 1.5 lakh is used now.remaining 6 floor retail space works are going on.
__________________
Kollam Rising
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #76
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
That GLA does not include 3 screen multiplex or game zone or food court.Its old GLA when mall is opend as K mall and beyond squarefeet was the mall manager. When Rp is taken its GLA become 2.5 Lakh.and now mall is managed by Rp group.




And there is no multiplex in RP mall only miniplex
Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 04:15 PM   #77
Premraj
Visit Kollam
 
Premraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kollam metropolitan city
Posts: 1,807
Likes (Received): 2990



These are old data.Miniplex they meant is by Sharukhans K sera sera miniplex.Now rp mall have 3 screen Multiplex By carnival.

Nothing expecting from you because I can Understand 'Mall Kanathavarude /Illathavarude rodhanam'.And we are quilonies not Mumbi or delhi or not even Kochi to handle huuuuuge GLA Malls.Kollam is a small city compared to you living, But its a message that nothing in smaller or larger power is all.Thats why we got handful of malls with prominent multiplex groups.And we have All facilities in our own land thats the biggest thing.

Also my posts are Valuable so i ending.If you have any more doubt, you can visit Kollam malls thread.
__________________
Kollam Rising

Last edited by Premraj; October 11th, 2015 at 04:23 PM.
Premraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #78
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post
These are old data.Miniplex they meant is by Sharukhans K sera sera miniplex.Now rp mall have 3 screen Multiplex By carnival.

Nothing expecting from you because I can Understand 'Mall Kanathavarude /Illathavarude rodhanam'.And we are quilonies not Mumbi or delhi or not even Kochi to handle huuuuuge GLA Malls.Kollam have only 28 lakh total population and only 4 lakh in corp.But we have handfull of malls with Multiplexes.And we have All facilities in our own land thats the biggest thing.
Don't run into other things if you don't have data,we were discussing about the gla of h&J and RP mall.
Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #79
Rajesh SM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,931
Likes (Received): 2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premraj View Post


These are old data.Miniplex they meant is by Sharukhans K sera sera miniplex.Now rp mall have 3 screen Multiplex By carnival.

thread.
Even carnival don't claims that.





Rajesh SM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2015, 07:26 AM   #80
The Adventurer
Registered User
 
The Adventurer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,534
Likes (Received): 861

As of now, the only malls that actually count as malls in Kerala are:

Lulu, Centre square, Oberon, Gold Souq and Abad Nucleus Kochi
Hilite and Focus Kozhikode.

Lulu Calicut has been dropped for the time being. Lulu Trivandrum will be happening soon.
Btw, could anyone get me some basic details on Taurus mall? Need the Built up area and GLA if possible.
__________________
The Adventurer no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu