search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2015, 07:31 AM   #41
Anoop O

Likes (Received): 141

Byepass is currently a deserted kinda area. There is a good scope for this road to become a commercial hub of Palakkad town. I saw that mall (Orchid) building...that also is small a building to be called as MALL. Atleast an Oberon-sized building should come up. Centre POint looks big in their website picture.

Not just a building named mall is enough...it should attract different brands there. Otherwise it would just end up as another Joby's mall, where only the owner's shops are there.

Also a mini/multiplex is required for Palakkad. Single screened theatres in the town are not upgrading their facitilies - just the charges go up frequently. Sathry and SDD are good, but they play only Tamil movies mainly....There should be enough competition

anoop m liked this post
Anoop O no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2015, 07:45 AM   #42
anoop m
The Traveler

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop m View Post
Kadal must be a good restaurant. The Dragon Hut is a famous restaurant in Dubai. Apparently it is the same group as evident from what is written on the glass. They have clearly written Dragon Hut Restaurant LLC. U can Zoom the photo to see it.
Update : Kadal Family restaurant already started functioning a week ago. Will take a visit and let you know how good it is.
anoop m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 07:58 AM   #43
anoop m
The Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop O View Post
Byepass is currently a deserted kinda area. There is a good scope for this road to become a commercial hub of Palakkad town. I saw that mall (Orchid) building...that also is small a building to be called as MALL. Atleast an Oberon-sized building should come up. Centre POint looks big in their website picture.

Not just a building named mall is enough...it should attract different brands there. Otherwise it would just end up as another Joby's mall, where only the owner's shops are there.

Also a mini/multiplex is required for Palakkad. Single screened theatres in the town are not upgrading their facitilies - just the charges go up frequently. Sathry and SDD are good, but they play only Tamil movies mainly....There should be enough competition
I agree with you but not completely as I don't see a chance Orchid or any upcoming malls end up as another Joby's Mall. For Joby's mall was a failed attempt to market their items in the name of a mall. I think the Centre-point mall, town square mall and Orchid mall are waiting for branded retail companies or government approvals like fire & safety etc.. If they were to put their own shops they would have started already. Now for example be it Jack n Jones or Marks & spencer or Fast food chains like Pizza hut or Burger King, they will do market research and if found okay then only venture into smaller cities.All of these malls' websites have leasing inquiry sections.

CentrePoint Mall's website shows a floor area of 50,824 sq.feet whereas Orchid Mall's site says 40,000 sq.feet. and Town square mall is around 30,000 sq. feet from their website. I completely agree with the Multiplex part as you can see from my earlier post.

I saw another construction happening at full swing opp. afore mentioned Kadal restaurant although I couldn't make out what it is since there is no project sign board. Nevertheless it seems like a mall. I will post the photo in next post. If somebody know about it please comment.

Last edited by anoop m; November 27th, 2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old November 27th, 2015, 08:22 AM   #44
anoop m
The Traveler

Old November 27th, 2015, 12:21 PM   #45
arjun unnikrishnan

Likes (Received): 287

It is trinity eye hospital
arjun unnikrishnan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #46
anoop m
The Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun unnikrishnan View Post
It is trinity eye hospital
Thank you Mr. Arjun. I hope you are not mistaken as the photo I posted here is taken from Calicut byepass near to Koppam. We have one trinity eye hospital at the stadium byepass and there also one building is under construction just beside it.
Old November 27th, 2015, 05:11 PM   #47
anoop m
The Traveler

Quote:
Update : Kadal Family restaurant already started functioning a week ago. Will take a visit and let you know how good it is.
I visited kadal today evening. The ambiance and service are very good and so is the pricing although the menu is not yet prepared. It will be ready by Sunday they informed and they serve Kerala style non-veg and sea food mainly. And yes it is the same chain that has restaurants in Dubai. I dunno if vegetarian option is there or not. It is spacious and can accommodate around 60-70 people although doesn't look like that from outside. You will get a good view from inside. Good for families. Timing is 11 to 11.
Old November 27th, 2015, 05:45 PM   #48
anoop m
The Traveler

New restaurant " Flavours" coming up at the stadium bye pass near Trinity Eye hospital.

Reghu, deemash, arun.vr liked this post
Old November 30th, 2015, 09:15 AM   #49
arjun unnikrishnan

Quote:

A construction is going on near this site.is it that site which u mention about ap group project in palakkad page

Last edited by arjun unnikrishnan; November 30th, 2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old November 30th, 2015, 11:31 AM   #50
deemash

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
I visited kadal today evening. The ambiance and service are very good and so is the pricing although the menu is not yet prepared. It will be ready by Sunday they informed and they serve Kerala style non-veg and sea food mainly. And yes it is the same chain that has restaurants in Dubai. I dunno if vegetarian option is there or not. It is spacious and can accommodate around 60-70 people although doesn't look like that from outside. You will get a good view from inside. Good for families. Timing is 11 to 11.
What a coincidence! I was there at this restaurant at around 7.30 PM yesterday. Very less crowded. Food was tasty. The ambience is good.
deemash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #51
deemash

Quote:
New restaurant " Flavours" coming up at the stadium bye pass near Trinity Eye hospital.

Good to see many things coming up like this. I still miss malls. Also, I saw some construction near Town bus stand, somewhere infront of Akshya Jewellery.
Old November 30th, 2015, 11:45 AM   #52
deemash

Hotel Saravana Bhavan which is opposite to the Wise Park entrance is also good, if you are vegetarian.
The food is tasty! They seem to have a good business. Few Bangalore going buses halt there for dinner.
Old December 1st, 2015, 11:48 AM   #53
arjun unnikrishnan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Good to see many things coming up like this. I still miss malls. Also, I saw some construction near Town bus stand, somewhere infront of Akshya Jewellery.
They have kept a board naming mangala towers.i think no construction is going on there now
Old December 1st, 2015, 02:05 PM   #54
deemash

Quote:
They have kept a board naming mangala towers.i think no construction is going on there now
Okay, Arjun. I recently observed it when I went to Mangalam Lab.
Old December 1st, 2015, 02:06 PM   #55
deemash

Any updates on the K.S.R.T.C bus stand construction. Work started ? It's been a long time I crossed the Bus Stand area.
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:18 PM   #56
arjun unnikrishnan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Any updates on the K.S.R.T.C bus stand construction. Work started ? It's been a long time I crossed the Bus Stand area.
The work is not started.Hope they will start soon.Why no finishing work is done in townsquare.it has been long time no work is going on.
Old December 2nd, 2015, 12:10 PM   #57
deemash

Quote:
The work is not started.Hope they will start soon.Why no finishing work is done in townsquare.it has been long time no work is going on.
Yes. It's close to 1 year since the work stopped I guess. Money issues ?
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:11 PM   #58
shabupks

Likes (Received): 134

Is there Cinemax Multiplex coming in Centerpoint mall....i saw cinemax on their advertisement picture....but on their website no multiplex news...
shabupks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 01:22 PM   #59
deemash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabupks View Post
Is there Cinemax Multiplex coming in Centerpoint mall....i saw cinemax on their advertisement picture....but on their website no multiplex news...
Nothing is coming.
Absolute sh*t! All our fate to be ignored.
Old January 11th, 2016, 02:54 PM   #60
shabupks

Likes (Received): 134

Yes...no recent malls or multiplex for palakkad.....very sad really....😑😑😑
shabupks no está en línea   Reply With Quote