search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #61
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

The UDF Committee is considering upgradation of Kannur, Kottayam and Malappuram as Municipal Corporation. I was wondering why Alappuzha (the largest municipality in Kerala with a population of 175,000 is excluded from the list. Regarding this I spoke to KPCC President VM Sudheeran and he promised me to look into this matter. Alappuzha will also considered along with Kannur, Malappuram and Kottayam.
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #62
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K
 
Aslesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kannur
Posts: 8,732
Likes (Received): 5823

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
The UDF Committee is considering upgradation of Kannur, Kottayam and Malappuram as Municipal Corporation. I was wondering why Alappuzha (the largest municipality in Kerala with a population of 175,000 is excluded from the list. Regarding this I spoke to KPCC President VM Sudheeran and he promised me to look into this matter. Alappuzha will also considered along with Kannur, Malappuram and Kottayam.
__________________
Kannur - "തറികളുടെയും തിറകളുടെയും നാട്" - The Land of Looms and Lores
Kerala Real Estate Kannur Tourism Census India 2011

Malayaali liked this post
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #63
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
Aslesh, if you have any doubt you can check with VM Sudheeran. I will give you his number if you send me an email in [email protected]

Last edited by riva.tholoor.philip; May 10th, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #64
Reghu
Kollam Rising
 
Reghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kollam/Mumbai/Bengaluru
Posts: 12,976
Likes (Received): 7860

I cannot understand why Alappuzha is neglected by both the fronts and governments. Even the public there are not so aggressive or passionate on her developement. It is one of the most known places outside India from Kerala and is known as the Venice of the East by foreigners. It is also one of the richest cultural places in Kerala with prominent novelists, writers, film stars, artists, and sports stars.

But why there is a neglect towards Alappuzha? These top brass politicians are the main culprit. From Congress stalwarts such as AK Antony, Vayalar Ravi, Ramesh Chennithala, VM Sudheeran and so many. From LDF, VS Achuthanandan, KR Gowri, Thomas Issac, and so many. Population of Alleppy is the highest among the municipalities and density of population in the town limits is also very high and is 3rd in Kerala just after Kochi and Kollam. Regarding Kollam, atleast people say or cry there is no development. But for Alleppy there is no such cry or lament.

Density in Municipal Limits:

1. Kochi - 6,340/km2 (16,400/sq mi)

2. Kollam - 5,936/km2 (15,370/sq mi)

3, Alleppy - 4,466/km2 (11,570/sq mi)

4. Trivandrum - 4,454/km2 (11,540/sq mi)


Source - Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
The UDF Committee is considering upgradation of Kannur, Kottayam and Malappuram as Municipal Corporation. I was wondering why Alappuzha (the largest municipality in Kerala with a population of 175,000 is excluded from the list. Regarding this I spoke to KPCC President VM Sudheeran and he promised me to look into this matter. Alappuzha will also considered along with Kannur, Malappuram and Kottayam.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #65
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
I cannot understand why Alappuzha is neglected by both the fronts and governments. Even the public there are not so aggressive or passionate on her developement. It is one of the most known places outside India from Kerala and is known as the Venice of the East by foreigners. It is also one of the richest cultural places in Kerala with prominent novelists, writers, film stars, artists, and sports stars.

But why there is a neglect towards Alappuzha? These top brass politicians are the main culprit. From Congress stalwarts such as AK Antony, Vayalar Ravi, Ramesh Chennithala, VM Sudheeran and so many. From LDF, VS Achuthanandan, KR Gowri, Thomas Issac, and so many. Population of Alleppy is the highest among the municipalities and density of population in the town limits is also very high and is 3rd in Kerala just after Kochi and Kollam. Regarding Kollam, atleast people say or cry there is no development. But for Alleppy there is no such cry or lament.

Density in Municipal Limits:

1. Kochi - 6,340/km2 (16,400/sq mi)

2. Kollam - 5,936/km2 (15,370/sq mi)

3, Alleppy - 4,466/km2 (11,570/sq mi)

4. Trivandrum - 4,454/km2 (11,540/sq mi)


Source - Wiki
Thanks Reghu.

Alappuzha is the largest municipality in Kerala in terms of population. By combining Aryad, Mannancherry, Punnapra North and Punnapra South to Alappuzha Municipality, it satisfies the criteria for Municipal Corporation status. As Alappuzha Medical College is located in Vandanam, which is part of Ambalappuzha North Panchayat I included this panchayat. Mararikulam South Panchayat (which comprises two Urban Outgrowths of Alappuzha - Kalavoor and Pathirapally). Thus Alappuzha Municipality + 6 Panchayats can be a single municipal corporation. All these areas are urban in nature and have high population density.

Regarding politicians, only AK Antony, VM Sudheeran and KC Venugopal done something for Alappuzha. Others (VS, Thomas Issac, Vayalar Ravi, etc) totally ignored this city.
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #66
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite
 
Malayaali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kochi/Cochin
Posts: 19,210
Likes (Received): 6997

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Aslesh, if you have any doubt you can check with VM Sudheeran. I will give you his number if you send me an email in [email protected]
Jaango, njan pettu
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #67
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K
 
Aslesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kannur
Posts: 8,732
Likes (Received): 5823

Valla DGPyudem number ayirikkum. Nammalilleee.
__________________
Kannur - "തറികളുടെയും തിറകളുടെയും നാട്" - The Land of Looms and Lores
Kerala Real Estate Kannur Tourism Census India 2011
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #68
Reghu
Kollam Rising
 
Reghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kollam/Mumbai/Bengaluru
Posts: 12,976
Likes (Received): 7860

The density of some of the corporations are very high but the area of those corporations are less as well.

Kollam corporation has an area of 58 sq. Km currently and a population of 3.5 Lakhs while Trivandrum corporation has 215 sq. Km. Hence, areawise Kollam is just 1/4th of TVM. But as Kollam is a coastal city with dense population integrating the neigbouring panchayaths will definetly take the population enough to get the central scemes. An area of 150 sq.km is enough for Kollam to reach the 6.5 - 7 Lakhs of population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post

Density in Municipal Limits:

1. Kochi - 6,340/km2 (16,400/sq mi)

2. Kollam - 5,936/km2 (15,370/sq mi)

3, Alleppy - 4,466/km2 (11,570/sq mi)

4. Trivandrum - 4,454/km2 (11,540/sq mi)


Source - Wiki

Last edited by Reghu; May 10th, 2014 at 06:41 PM.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 05:36 AM   #69
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
The density of some of the corporations are very high but the area of those corporations are less as well.

Kollam corporation has an area of 58 sq. Km currently and a population of 3.5 Lakhs while Trivandrum corporation has 215 sq. Km. Hence, areawise Kollam is just 1/4th of TVM. But as Kollam is a coastal city with dense population integrating the neigbouring panchayaths will definetly take the population enough to get the central scemes. An area of 150 sq.km is enough for Kollam to reach the 6.5 - 7 Lakhs of population.
Reghu,

What I feel is Kollam should develop as a World Class city. The proximity to the coast is an added advantage. Moreover Kollam is promoted as a "City of Lakes" or "City of Lagoons". Now focus should be infrastructure development. We need to decongest the Kollam Core city area. More development should come in suburbs to decongestant the city. The rural areas like Trikkaruva, Perinad, etc should develop as planned residential hubs.
__________________

Reghu liked this post
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 05:46 AM   #70
Reghu
Kollam Rising
 
Reghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kollam/Mumbai/Bengaluru
Posts: 12,976
Likes (Received): 7860

Thrikkadavur and Thrikkaruva panchayaths are geographically peninsular panchayaths with Ashtamudi Lake encircling on all 3 sides. Perumon - Kannankod bridge is very important as it will connect the Thrikkaruva Panchayth to Mundroe Islands and then to Shasthancottah. Earlier NH 220 Kollam - Theni alignment was proposed in this route but later it was chenged and now the alignment is through Anchalumoodu - Velolimon - Elampalloor route.

Yes... Thrikkadavur, though with very less governmental institutions, has one of the high density residential regions in the Kollam city suburbs. House rent in Thrikkadavur Panchayath is almost same like in the cities. 8K - 10K rent has become common now for 2BHK houses there due to unavailability as I know personally since my relatives stay there. Getting a good house for rent is really very difficult there. Land availability is also coming down with price sky-rocketting and most of the land is used for residential purpose.

Hotel RAVIZ, All Season's resort are in Thrikkadavur panchayath. Kollam Technopark is 13 - 14 Kms away from the town centre Anchalumoodu which is the central town between Thrikkadavur and Thrikkaruva Panchayaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Reghu,

What I feel is Kollam should develop as a World Class city. The proximity to the coast is an added advantage. Moreover Kollam is promoted as a "City of Lakes" or "City of Lagoons". Now focus should be infrastructure development. We need to decongest the Kollam Core city area. More development should come in suburbs to decongestant the city. The rural areas like Trikkaruva, Perinad, etc should develop as planned residential hubs.

Last edited by Reghu; May 11th, 2014 at 08:53 AM.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 09:14 AM   #71
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

Formation of Ranni Municipality

(From manorama)



This is what I proposed a long time back.

Ranni Municipalities should be formed in town areas of 3 panchayats - Ranni, Ranni-Pazhavangadi and Ranni-Angadi. Ranni Panchayat should be split as Ranni and Uthimmoodu or Puthusserimala.

Ranni-Pazhavangadi Panchayat should be split as Ranni-Pazhavangadi and Chethakkal.

Ranni-Angadi Panchayat should be split as Ranni-Angadi and Eattichuvadu or Nellikkamon.

Of these, Ranni, Ranni-Pazhavangadi and Ranni-Angadi need to combine as Ranni Municipality.

Pandalam, Kozhencherry (Kozhencherry + Mallappuzhassery) and Konni also should be upgraded as municipalities.
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #72
PPJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore/Calicut
Posts: 2,718
Likes (Received): 1202

Riva , if you have so many posts on same topic, better create a new thread and put them in one place.

Kerala urban planning discussions? or something similar to that?

Let the general discussion thread be general.
PPJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #73
saysenthil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kalpakkam / Hamburg
Posts: 2,545
Likes (Received): 1851

- cp -



Awesome pictures... Someone posted in one of the Chennai / TN forums... Please share this link under suitable thread!

Thx!
__________________

PPJ, geico2000 liked this post
saysenthil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #74
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

Urban Areas in Travancore-Kochi (1965-66)

1. Trivandrum District :

1. Corporation of Trivandrum
2. Neyyatinkara Municipality
3. Attingal Municipality
4. Varkala Panchayat
5. Nedumangad Panchayat

II. Quilon District :

6. Quilon Municipality
7. Kozencherry Conservancy Town
8. Punalur Panchayat

III. Alleppey District :

9. Kayamkulam Municipality
10. Mavelikara Municipality
11. Alleppey Municipality
12. Thiruvalla Municipality
13. Shertalai Municipality
14. Haripad Conservancy Town
15. Chengannur Conservancy Town
16. Panavally Panchayat.
17. Thonnallor Panchayat. (Pandalam)

IV. Kottayam District :

18. Kottayam Municipality
19. Changanassery Municipality
20. Vaikom Municipality
21. Palai Municipality
22. Erattupetta Conservancy Town
23. Mundakayam Panchayat
24. Kanjirapally Panchayat
25. Vandiperiyar Panchayat
26. Chirakkadavu Panchayat

V. Ernakulam District :

27. Ernakulam Municipality
28. Mattancherry Municipality--Including Palluruthy and Rameswaram Villages.
29. Fort Cochin Municipality
30. North Parur Municipality
31. Alwaye Municipality
32. Perumbavoor Municipality
33. Muvattupuzha Municipality.
34. Thripunithra Panchayat
35. Thodupuzha Panchayat
36. Koothattukulam Panchayat.
37. Kalady Panchayat.
38. Ankamaly Panchayat (Wards III, IV and V only)


VI. Trichur District :

39. Trichur Municipality
40. Irinjalakuda Municipality
41. Kunnamkulam Municipality
42. Guruvayoor Township
43. Chowghat Panchayat
44. Chalakudy Panchayat
45. Craganore (Kodungallore) Panchayat.
46. Ayyanthol Panchayat.

VII Palaghat District (Part) :

47. Chittur-Thirumangalam Municipality
48. Elapally Panchayat.
49. Koduvayoor Panchayat.
50. Kollengode Panchayat
51. Nenmara Panchayat.

Reference

http://www.sanchitha.ikm.in/node/2334
__________________

keralite liked this post
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #75
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

Most Exit Poll predicts 260+ for BJP. UPA will get 90-120 as per diff surveys.

UDF to sweep Kerala. 18-2
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #76
Reghu
Kollam Rising
 
Reghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kollam/Mumbai/Bengaluru
Posts: 12,976
Likes (Received): 7860

What would be the scenario of UPA in India if Congress did not get 18 in Kerala?

It would be the lowest record for Congress led UPA with less than 75 seats..

There is chance that NDA to cross 300. Lets keep our fingures crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Most Exit Poll predicts 260+ for BJP. UPA will get 90-120 as per diff surveys.

UDF to sweep Kerala. 18-2
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #77
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

My realistic prediction:

National Level: 543

BJP: 190-210
Allies: 35-40
NDA: 225-250 (Shiv Sena: 17, SAD: 3-4, TDP: 4-5)

Congress: 110-115
Allies: 20-25
UPA: 130-140 (RJD: 10, NCP: 7, NC: 2, IUML: 2, KCM: 1)

TMC: 31-34
AIADMK: 25-28
BSP: 18-20
SP: 10-12
BJD: 14-15
YSRC: 13-16
JDU: 3-5

Left: 12-15 (CPI: 2-3, RSP: 1-2, AIFB: 1-2)
AAP: 2-3
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #78
riva.tholoor.philip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,880
Likes (Received): 1006

Kerala: 20

UDF: 15-17
Cong: 11-12
IUML: 2
KCM: 1
RSP: 1
SJD: 0-1

LDF: 3-5
CPM: 2-4
CPI: 1

BJP: 0-1 (TVM)
BJP: 0-1
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #79
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K
 
Aslesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kannur
Posts: 8,732
Likes (Received): 5823

Times Now says that congress will win 16 seats in Kerala. Congress has contested only in 15 seats. Enthalle?
__________________
Kannur - "തറികളുടെയും തിറകളുടെയും നാട്" - The Land of Looms and Lores
Kerala Real Estate Kannur Tourism Census India 2011

riva.tholoor.philip, Latheesh_r liked this post
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #80
Reghu
Kollam Rising
 
Reghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kollam/Mumbai/Bengaluru
Posts: 12,976
Likes (Received): 7860

Even I think TVM will go way to either LDF or BJP. Tharoor will be 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Kerala: 20

UDF: 15-17
Cong: 11-12
IUML: 2
KCM: 1
RSP: 1
SJD: 0-1

LDF: 3-5
CPM: 2-4
CPI: 1

BJP: 0-1 (TVM)
BJP: 0-1
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu