search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #101
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 6038

My list of corporations

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #102
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Likes (Received): 862

Just tried with available data... (Census 2001). Looks good. The last unnamed is Payyoli Panchayath. (Just for a horror.... Nothing serious..)

മടപ്പള്ളി കുറിപ്പുകൾ

Vadakara - The Town of Small Things..

deewana liked this post
Vadakarakkaaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #103
riva.tholoor.philip

Likes (Received): 1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
My list of corporations
Great work Aslesh!

However I would prefer:

1. Chelora in Kannur Corporation instead of Kadambur.
2. In Alappuzha Corporation, Mannancherry and Ambalapuzha North should be there
3. In Kottayam Corporation, Thiruvarpu and eastern areas of Aymanam and Arpookkara should be there.

Arunchandran, sakrishna liked this post
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #104
riva.tholoor.philip

Kozhencherry Panchayat passed a resolution to upgrade it as a municipality by including Thottappuzhassery and Mallappuzhassery panchayats.

If everything goes fine, Kozhencherry will also upgraded as Municipality along with Pandalam.

UDF, LDF, and BJP members of the panchayat supported the motion unanimously.

Will Ranni and Konni follow the suit?
Old May 17th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #105
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadakarakkaaran View Post

Just tried with available data... (Census 2001). Looks good. The last unnamed is Payyoli Panchayath. (Just for a horror.... Nothing serious..)
You should get 3 lakhs population. Try adding more panchayats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Great work Aslesh!

However I would prefer:

1. Chelora in Kannur Corporation instead of Kadambur.
2. In Alappuzha Corporation, Mannancherry and Ambalapuzha North should be there
3. In Kottayam Corporation, Thiruvarpu and eastern areas of Aymanam and Arpookkara should be there.
I tried to get maximum population density with just enough panchayats for 3 lakhs population.
Old May 17th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #106
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 8019

Hi Aslesh,

Could you please give the link from where you get the 2011 census population of Kerala panchayaths?

Please provide a link where I can find the population of panchaths in Kollam.

Quote:
My list of corporations
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #107
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

2011 Population of panchayats are not available. Population of revenue villages are available at http://censusindia.gov.in/ website.
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #108
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
2011 Population of panchayats are not available. Population of revenue villages are available at http://censusindia.gov.in/ website.
Aslesh,

Can you provide the full link for the popn of revenue villages as per 2011 census
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #109
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

There is no full list available. You have to search and find http://www.censusindia.gov.in/pca/Searchdata.aspx or here http://www.censusindia.gov.in/pca/final_pca.aspx
Old May 17th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #110
Vadakarakkaaran
I am what I am...

Likes (Received): 862

Quote:
You should get 3 lakhs population. Try adding more panchayats.
Considering the fact that the population shown here is of 2001 Census, I feel this alone will fill the criteria of 3 Lakh +
Vadakarakkaaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #111
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quraishie View Post
Look at the image of Malappuram. And now compare it with our existing corporations and other wanna be corporations like Kannur, Kottayam etc. You will get the picture that Malappuram is the least deserved and they are only getting priority on Politics. I am not against a Corporation there. But it should not be ahead of Kottayam and Kannur (and some times not upon Palakkad and Alappuzha too).

UA Population of our state is a myth as it is not just related to a single city but with an entire district. If Vadakara, Thalassery ect. were Districts, they could also easily get a Million plus population for their respective UAs.

deewana, maheshponneth liked this post
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #112
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Likes (Received): 1675

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
Look at the image of Malappuram. And now compare it with our existing corporations and other wanna be corporations like Kannur, Kottayam etc. You will get the picture that Malappuram is the least deserved and they are only getting priority on Politics.I am not against a Corporation there. But it should not be ahead of Kottayam and Kannur.
Oh come on, we all know Kannur and Kottayam is way ahead of Malappuram. Any development happened in Malappuram is during last five years or so, to be specific, anything worth mentioning happened only in last two years. And what do you expect Malappuram to become? Texas?
And its damn true that Malappuram is getting this priority coz of league. No one said otherwise, so no applause for your revelation.
That league has been ruling us since decade. So many years have passed without Malappuram anywhere in the list for anything. Sometimes back Malappuram was considered a backward district. If we have come out of that, its not coz of any government or political support that's specifically done for malappuram. And we have never seen you people crying for Malappuram. We have never seen calicut people talking about Malappuram with dignity couple years back (we know how all you guys make fun of us). Where were your equality and understanding then? Dont act too much simiplicity, you hate Muslim league giving more consideration for Malappuram, its home over Calicut which is the apparent capital of Malabar. Past few years, Calicut has not seen much of change. I perfectly understand that. And about ML giving priority to Malappuram a place which has been and is still sending them to Parliament and Niyamasabha with such a higher margin deserve more from them if not from the Government as such. Muslim league is liable to Malappuram and answerable. So now you all tolerate muslim league jus like we did for a long time.

Quote:
UA Population of our state is a myth as it is not just related to a single city but with an entire district. If Vadakara, Thalassery ect. were Districts, they could also easily get a Million plus population for their respective UAs.
I don't want to talk more on UA here as it is not going to make any difference. I dont knw about other places, but about Malappuram, those who knows the district would understand why its an 'Urban' Agglomeration. FYI, Agglomeration has a synonym called collection.
Welcome to the city of Malappuram, the heart of Malabar!
>>Connect in Facebook

Aslesh, Quraishie liked this post
RaufAzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #113
Akhilm

Likes (Received): 22

Why are munipalities around kochi not merged with the corperation...
I feel the potential 4th metro is missing a lot in terms of funds and other benifits because of this.

Being a trivandrumite, here, i can see many villages added to the corperation which dont deserve that status....whereas in kochi all the suburbs are in par with the corperation area.

Wadakanchery-kechery area in my opinion deserves a muncipality grade.

sreejith010, Reghu, vu3nnn, sree_ec, deewana and 5 others liked this post
Akhilm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #114
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilm View Post
Why are munipalities around kochi not merged with the corperation...
I feel the potential 4th metro is missing a lot in terms of funds and other benifits because of this.

Being a trivandrumite, here, i can see many villages added to the corperation which dont deserve that status....whereas in kochi all the suburbs are in par with the corperation area.

Wadakanchery-kechery area in my opinion deserves a muncipality grade.
I already presented Kochi's case to Urban Affairs Minister Manjalamkuzhi Ali and Kochi MLA Dominic Presentation. Ali informed me that there is a proposal for Greater Kochi Municipal Corporation, comprises Kochi corporation, Maradu, Thripunithura, Thrikkakara, Kalamassery, Eloor, North Paravur, Aluva and 24 Suburban Panchayats (Varappuzha, Cheranallur, Kadamakudy, Mulavukavu, Cheriyakadavu area of Chellanam Panchayat, Kumbalam, Udayamperoor, Chottanikkara, Ezhikkara, Kottuvally, Chittatukara, Chendamangalam, Vadakkekara, Kadungalloor, Alangad, Karumaloor, Kunnukara, Edathala, keezhmad, Choornikkara, Sreemoolanagaram, Kanjoor, Nedumbassery and Chengamanadu). If this proposal happens, it will be a great change in Kochi.

However Dominic Presentation told me that some stupid and idiotic local peoples in these suburban municipalities and panchayats are opposing Greater Kochi move.
Old May 18th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #115
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaufAzi View Post
Oh come on, we all know Kannur and Kottayam is way ahead of Malappuram. Any development happened in Malappuram is during last five years or so, to be specific, anything worth mentioning happened only in last two years. And what do you expect Malappuram to become? Texas?
And its damn true that Malappuram is getting this priority coz of league. No one said otherwise, so no applause for your revelation.
That league has been ruling us since decade. So many years have passed without Malappuram anywhere in the list for anything. Sometimes back Malappuram was considered a backward district. If we have come out of that, its not coz of any government or political support that's specifically done for malappuram. And we have never seen you people crying for Malappuram. We have never seen calicut people talking about Malappuram with dignity couple years back (we know how all you guys make fun of us). Where were your equality and understanding then? Dont act too much simiplicity, you hate Muslim league giving more consideration for Malappuram, its home over Calicut which is the apparent capital of Malabar. Past few years, Calicut has not seen much of change. I perfectly understand that. And about ML giving priority to Malappuram a place which has been and is still sending them to Parliament and Niyamasabha with such a higher margin deserve more from them if not from the Government as such. Muslim league is liable to Malappuram and answerable. So now you all tolerate muslim league jus like we did for a long time.

I don't want to talk more on UA here as it is not going to make any difference. I dont knw about other places, but about Malappuram, those who knows the district would understand why its an 'Urban' Agglomeration. FYI, Agglomeration has a synonym called collection.
Don't be emotional. I am not a representative of entire Calicut to take your blame how people treated Malappuram. People treat every other place as it is a wrong place whenever they want . and same people will say positive about the same place in some other occasions. People from Calicut city call the eastern part of the district as backward and the same people will be proud of the beautiful waterfalls and hills of the same region.

I don't have any problem with Malappuram or its people or the city getting a corporation status. My I only point is avoiding Kannur, Kottayam,Palakkad and Alappuzha and selecting only Malappuram is a a wrong step and I can say a crime against the people of those towns.

PPJ, deewana liked this post
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #116
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Likes (Received): 1675

Well agree I was little emotional. Coming to the topic, everyone here are bewildered not hearing anything about Kannur or Kottayam regarding the upgradation. But you dont need to compare Malappuram with any other place indorder to justifiy its demand. Lets keep everything seperate. Kottayam and Kannur should become corporations. And if its all political decision that makes difference in these things, am sure after this government falls, we would also not get it done. May be the case same with Kottayam. Kannur is fortunate that it would get consideration irrespective of politics if am right.

And for Malappuram corporation, we are going little early towards it, true. why pour in money only after the roads are filled with vehicles and roadsides are filled with buildings when we can do it early? so that better roads can be built in planned manner, lands can be acquired without dismantling concrete structures altogether. Lets try that way. Lets build a city and necessary infrastructures simultaneously. Its going to be lots of hurdles in front of Malappuram to corporation. Give us your support guys.
Welcome to the city of Malappuram, the heart of Malabar!
>>Connect in Facebook

RaufAzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #117
aravindputhumana

Likes (Received): 3

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1728295
aravindputhumana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #118
vu3nnn

Likes (Received): 1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
However Dominic Presentation told me that some stupid and idiotic local peoples in these suburban municipalities and panchayats are opposing Greater Kochi move.
That is true.

There are many reasons for the resistance

1. The Muncipal council in the neighbouring municipalities, such as Kalamassery, Thrikkakara, Maradu, Tripunithura etc would lose their positions and leverage. All these municipalities are cash rich, as maximum development of Kochi is taking place in these areas

2. No of counsellors would be reduced

3. Communal equation in position-allocation would be under strain. These days, the mayor of Kochi is the pocket burrough of the Latin catholic community. Thrikkakara and Kalamassery muncipalities usually have Muslim chairpersons, Maradu and Tripunithura municipalities have Hindu chairpersons etc. If the Corporation is expanded, then all these chairpersonships will go and there will be only one Mayor of Kochi to fight for

4. CPM would be against it as well. They have been traditionally strong in existing Corporation areas, but weak elsewhere, though this is now changing and they are getting weak everywhere. Last time, CPM tried to expand the Kochi Corporation by including only their strongholds, such as Udayamperoor, and the UDF shot in down.

5. The strong trading community would like smaller municipalities and panchayaths for lesser taxes / lesser restrictions

6. last but not the least, if the Corporation is expanded now, Chammany's position would become untenable. How else would he make his foreign jaunts?

Somehow, these factors seem to be very strong in Kochi and not other places, where expansion on Corporation / Municipalities have been relatively easy.
vu3nnn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #119
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu3nnn View Post
That is true.

There are many reasons for the resistance

1. The Muncipal council in the neighbouring municipalities, such as Kalamassery, Thrikkakara, Maradu, Tripunithura etc would lose their positions and leverage. All these municipalities are cash rich, as maximum development of Kochi is taking place in these areas

2. No of counsellors would be reduced

3. Communal equation in position-allocation would be under strain. These days, the mayor of Kochi is the pocket burrough of the Latin catholic community. Thrikkakara and Kalamassery muncipalities usually have Muslim chairpersons, Maradu and Tripunithura municipalities have Hindu chairpersons etc. If the Corporation is expanded, then all these chairpersonships will go and there will be only one Mayor of Kochi to fight for

4. CPM would be against it as well. They have been traditionally strong in existing Corporation areas, but weak elsewhere, though this is now changing and they are getting weak everywhere. Last time, CPM tried to expand the Kochi Corporation by including only their strongholds, such as Udayamperoor, and the UDF shot in down.

5. The strong trading community would like smaller municipalities and panchayaths for lesser taxes / lesser restrictions

6. last but not the least, if the Corporation is expanded now, Chammany's position would become untenable. How else would he make his foreign jaunts?

Somehow, these factors seem to be very strong in Kochi and not other places, where expansion on Corporation / Municipalities have been relatively easy.
vu3nnn,

If there is any such local resistance , Govt should show some will power to ignore them and establish Greater Kochi Municipal Corporation. All big cities are doing this.

Reghu, vu3nnn, Suj Mangalore liked this post
Old May 19th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #120
bijuarr

Likes (Received): 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHRISSUR View Post
[IMG]http://oi60.************/2hecahy.jpg[/IMG]
Other than Nattika, Triprayar etc......Vadanapally is the most deserving for a municipality in the coastal highway...........

maheshponneth liked this post
bijuarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote