search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 5th, 2016, 03:12 AM   #121
Sali_varakkal

Likes (Received): 471

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnikuttan View Post
Now BJP is silent about vattiyoorkav( old Tvm east), which has been a strong fort of BJP/Hindumunnai since 1984.
Total 14 assembly constituencies in Tvm.
They can't beat k. muraleedharan, hence they live it.
In Tvm, it's V S Sivakumar,so they put OR to gain a 2nd position. If OR contested as an indipendent candidate , he may get victory.
In Nemom - cross voting between UDF, LDF - again kummanam 2nd Position.
Again kazhakootam , its sure M A Vahid( he won thre in 2001 as an independent candidate)
Altogether BJP get 0 seats out of 140.
the point to be notes is if Trivandrum gets to smartcity list in the next round of game.
how will Kochi hang on to say it will be number one destination since Federal govt preferred Kochi over other places in Kerala.
Will that mean Trivandrum will again loose the oppurtunity to become smart city if they ( Rajaavinte swantam Voters ) fail to elect a tamara candidate

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2016, 05:24 AM   #122
KMC

Likes (Received): 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sali_varakkal View Post
the point to be notes is if Trivandrum gets to smartcity list in the next round of game.
how will Kochi hang on to say it will be number one destination since Federal govt preferred Kochi over other places in Kerala.
Will that mean Trivandrum will again loose the oppurtunity to become smart city if they ( Rajaavinte swantam Voters ) fail to elect a tamara candidate
People are not worried if their city didn't get selected.... But more worried that Kochi got selected and even more worried how Kochi will hang on!!!!!!

Daivathinte swantham Nadu!!!...kashtam.

p p shiju liked this post
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 05:54 AM   #123
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 8019

Thats the calculation of the BJP haters. The common man who does believe in development and corruption free government may not be interested in those age old politics much. Lets keep our fingures crossed. Infact, BJP has nothing to lose as they have everything to gain. Even one seat victory will be significant one for them! But this time I see atleast three to five! Three definetly!

I have seen the difference in common people including my relatives and friends in Kollam who are basically LDF supporters. They say we need some change atleast for the next 5 years giving a new team a chance which has no ruled in the past decades. Anybody can predict what is going to happen if LDF or UDF comes again.

I do think this is not just a notion of a small section in Kollam (Kollam is a strong fort of LDF with less BJP support all these days) but throughout Kerala since the last one or two years.

We never expected AAP in Delhi with that brutal majority, but it happend. So, world has changed and any surpise can be expected now! Moreover, Kerala is not like Bihar to vote based on a single politician's words!

Quote:
Now BJP is silent about vattiyoorkav( old Tvm east), which has been a strong fort of BJP/Hindumunnai since 1984.
In Tvm, it's V S Sivakumar,so they put OR to gain a 2nd position. If OR contested as an indipendent candidate , he may get victory.
Again kazhakootam , its sure M A Vahid( he won thre in 2001 as an independent candidate)

Last edited by Reghu; February 5th, 2016 at 11:57 AM.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 06:19 AM   #124
Viveks
From "Trivandrum Lobby"

Likes (Received): 2582

Quote:
Am not at all sure about the candidates... But here are some rumours I heard...

V v rajesh will be the vattuyoorkavu candidate and probably k muralidharan will select another constituency except from Trivandrum district as TVM now became a hot destination for BJP.

In the last LSG election, nemom and neighbouring 6 to 7 wards won by BJP. So nothing there much to worry for them.

Are you serious about sivakumar!!! That guy is going to loose. That sort of hatred occurred against this guy from the general public of Trivandrum.

Coming to KZM, in the last LSG and MP election BJP won from here. We shall see what magic M A Wahid can do for his win....
Viveks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #125
RajeshVR

Likes (Received): 4878

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
തല ഇരിക്കുമ്പോൾ വാല് ആടുമോ ചേട്ടാ
RajeshVR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #126
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Sivakumar is going to lose miserably this time. Yes, TVM is the best place for BJP to garner maximum seats. But overall, In Kerala their vote share is going to increase significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveks View Post
Am not at all sure about the candidates... But here are some rumours I heard...

V v rajesh will be the vattuyoorkavu candidate and probably k muralidharan will select another constituency except from Trivandrum district as TVM now became a hot destination for BJP.

In the last LSG election, nemom and neighbouring 6 to 7 wards won by BJP. So nothing there much to worry for them.

Are you serious about sivakumar!!! That guy is going to loose. That sort of hatred occurred against this guy from the general public of Trivandrum.

Coming to KZM, in the last LSG and MP election BJP won from here. We shall see what magic M A Wahid can do for his win....
Old February 6th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #127
Sali_varakkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
People are not worried if their city didn't get selected.... But more worried that Kochi got selected and even more worried how Kochi will hang on!!!!!!

There is a AMRUT scheme that is executed in some cities. The Central government will give a quota for amrut cities for getting developed to smart cities.

What is being done in Amrut is given in link:
Official sources said the projects were the rehauling of existing old pipes, valves and inter-connections with existing lines, construction of sewerage system in Zone A, storm water drainage construction on Gurukkal Road-P.M. Kutty Road-Chakkittada-E.K. Canal and multi-level car parking complex at Stadium and Palayam junctions. The project for green spaces is renovation of the Mananchira Square.

Water-related projects would be entrusted to the Kerala Water Authority (KWA), but other projects requiring external expertise would be given to reputed consultants. The primary purpose of Amrut is to cover all households with water supply and sewerage, including septage. The Amrut project period is five years beginning 2015-16. The Centre has worked out the Amrut project based on the population and urban character of Kozhikode city. The population is 6, 08, 255 in an area of 118.58 sq.km. The density of population is 5,129 persons sq.km. and the population growth rate is 7.2 per cent

Link: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ece?ref=tpnews
Old February 6th, 2016, 06:00 PM   #128
RajeshNair

Likes (Received): 450

Are we forgetting that this is an IT sector related thread
RajeshNair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:02 AM   #129
Travancore13
Travancore

Likes (Received): 1711

Kerala Making Giant Leap in IT Sector: Kunhalikutty

KOCHI: Industries and IT Minister P K Kunhalikutty on Saturday said Kerala has been taking a giant leap in the Information Technology sector over the last few years and the state has registered a record turnover of over Rs 18,000 crore in the recent times. Kerala has also been registering a steady growth along with Karnataka in this sector and soon the state would become another Silicon Valley in the country, he said.

He was speaking to reporters at a press meet in Aluva organised in connection with the Kerala Yathra of the the Muslim League. He also said at a time when the industries department was giving more stress to the IT sector, the state government would not neglect other key sectors for the development of IT in the state. The state government will also not encourage industries that takes a toll on the environment and uses large amount of electricity for its functioning, he added. In reply to a question on the current Solar scam and new exposes, he said the people cannot live with short-lives controversies. The people of the state need development to sustain their lives and the state has performed well in the development index, he said. When pointed out about BJP State unit chief Kummanam Rajasekharan’s statement that the BJP was ready to forge an alliance with like-minded parties and its doors were open for them, he said BJP’s doors had been open fo quiet some time and nobody was interested to get inside its fold. So his new statement will not make any ripple in the political waters of the state, he added.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle3264757.ece

Travancore13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:26 AM   #130
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Silicon Valley or Sarithawali!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travancore13 View Post
Kerala Making Giant Leap in IT Sector: Kunhalikutty

KOCHI: Industries and IT Minister P K Kunhalikutty on Saturday said Kerala has been taking a giant leap in the Information Technology sector over the last few years and the state has registered a record turnover of over Rs 18,000 crore in the recent times. Kerala has also been registering a steady growth along with Karnataka in this sector and soon the state would become another Silicon Valley in the country, he said.

He was speaking to reporters at a press meet in Aluva organised in connection with the Kerala Yathra of the the Muslim League. He also said at a time when the industries department was giving more stress to the IT sector, the state government would not neglect other key sectors for the development of IT in the state. The state government will also not encourage industries that takes a toll on the environment and uses large amount of electricity for its functioning, he added. In reply to a question on the current Solar scam and new exposes, he said the people cannot live with short-lives controversies. The people of the state need development to sustain their lives and the state has performed well in the development index, he said. When pointed out about BJP State unit chief Kummanam Rajasekharan’s statement that the BJP was ready to forge an alliance with like-minded parties and its doors were open for them, he said BJP’s doors had been open fo quiet some time and nobody was interested to get inside its fold. So his new statement will not make any ripple in the political waters of the state, he added.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle3264757.ece

Visit: Kollam - The Cashew Capital of India

[email protected] liked this post
Old February 9th, 2016, 03:59 PM   #131
riva.tholoor.philip

Likes (Received): 1069

Beena Shahid I am struggling with my postpaid-to-prepaid migration for number 994004##14 for the last 9 days. I submitted the reqeust on, and Feb 1, 2016 12:00 PM. I payed an outstanding amount of Rs. 520 to Airtel Relationship Center, Kadappakada, Kollam-691018, Kerala. Thy assured me the migration will happen within 24 hours. However nothing happened till now. In between ARC Manager (9995036363) informed me that she provided wrong info on outstanding amount, and there is a difference of Rs. 60 and she is paying from her pocket (Oct 4), and she within 24 hrs prepaid will be active. However nothing happened. Now I am totally pissed off. Later I cam to know that ARC payed additional Re. 1 and Rs. 147 for clearing outstanding which occurred due to the delay in migration (as delay continues, additional bills are generating). Now another bill of Rs. 474 is generated, and they are asking me to clear it so that thy can process migration. I refused to clear this outstanding, as I am not responsible for any payments after Feb 2, 12:00 PM and Airtel India cannot penalize me for the negligence of the backend teams of Airtel. I filed a grievance in Public Grivance Portal with #TRAI.

Here are the details:

Registration Number : DOTEL/E/2016/04465
Beena Shahid
Contact Number : 9818122843
e-mail : [email protected]
Airtel SR 67587412
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #132
riva.tholoor.philip

I feel BJP could win 2-4 seats.

Nemom (either Kummanam or Rajagopal) - BJP may win

TVM - BJP may win if Rajagopal is candidate. If Suresh Gopi is candidate, BJP will be in 2nd.

Manjeshwaram - BJP may win if K. Surendran is not candidate.

Kasaragod - IUML will win if Surendran is BJP candidate. Otherwise tough fight between IUML and BJP

Palakkad - BJP can win if thy field a strong candidate. Shafi has chance if BJP field a weak candidate.

Vayyiyoorkavu - BJP will be 2nd position behind K. Muralidharan

Aranmula - If Kummanam is BJP candidate, BJP will b in 2nd ahead of LDF. If Suresh Gopi contests, BJP has chance for 2nd.
Old February 9th, 2016, 07:39 PM   #133
Sali_varakkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
I feel BJP could win 2-4 seats.

Nemom (either Kummanam or Rajagopal) - BJP may win

TVM - BJP may win if Rajagopal is candidate. If Suresh Gopi is candidate, BJP will be in 2nd.

Manjeshwaram - BJP may win if K. Surendran is not candidate.

Kasaragod - IUML will win if Surendran is BJP candidate. Otherwise tough fight between IUML and BJP

Palakkad - BJP can win if thy field a strong candidate. Shafi has chance if BJP field a weak candidate.

Vayyiyoorkavu - BJP will be 2nd position behind K. Muralidharan

Aranmula - If Kummanam is BJP candidate, BJP will b in 2nd ahead of LDF. If Suresh Gopi contests, BJP has chance for 2nd.
Trivandrum wll not elect K muraleedharan this time.
He will flee away from the city as he is non performer.

Reghu, rahuls liked this post
Sali_varakkal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 09:02 PM   #134
Kochi Resident

Likes (Received): 1339

What is happening? I thought this was a thread about IT developments.

RajeshNair, TiGeRcLaW88 liked this post
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 09:04 PM   #135
Kochi Resident

What does he mean by govt will not encourage industries which consume high electricity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
Silicon Valley or Sarithawali!
Old February 10th, 2016, 02:28 AM   #136
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sali_varakkal View Post
Trivandrum wll not elect K muraleedharan this time.
He will flee away from the city as he is non performer.
Muralidharan is contesting from Vattiyoorkavu, not TVM. Muralidharan is vry popular there and brought lot of development there (if you have doubt, ask any BJP leaders/workers from that area). Muralidharan's victory is assured in Vattiyoorkavu.

BJP has chance in Nemom and TVM. This time Sivakumar is not much popular. CPM is weak in TVM. So BJP has bright chance. BJP will lose only if they field a weak candidate. If Rajagopal is the candidate, BJP will win TVM.

unnikuttan, Reghu liked this post
Old February 10th, 2016, 06:13 AM   #137
Reghu
Kollam Rising

As Muralidharan has no upper hand in the current congress and there is less chance for a UDF come back, I think even in Vattiyoorkkavu, BJP is poised for a narrow victory! Lets keep our fingures crossed!

Incidents at the last moment will decide the winning factor. I even foresee Narendra Modi in election campaign in Kerala, defitnely in TVM. This is going to make a big difference at the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Muralidharan is contesting from Vattiyoorkavu, not TVM. Muralidharan is vry popular there and brought lot of development there (if you have doubt, ask any BJP leaders/workers from that area). Muralidharan's victory is assured in Vattiyoorkavu.

BJP has chance in Nemom and TVM. This time Sivakumar is not much popular. CPM is weak in TVM. So BJP has bright chance. BJP will lose only if they field a weak candidate. If Rajagopal is the candidate, BJP will win TVM.
Old February 10th, 2016, 08:12 AM   #138
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
As Muralidharan has no upper hand in the current congress and there is less chance for a UDF come back, I think even in Vattiyoorkkavu, BJP is poised for a narrow victory! Lets keep our fingures crossed!

Incidents at the last moment will decide the winning factor. I even foresee Narendra Modi in election campaign in Kerala, defitnely in TVM. This is going to make a big difference at the end!
Reghu,

K. Muralidharan is still popular in Vattiyoorkavu. And he will win for sure.

Two Probable Winnable BJP candidates are Rajagopal and Kummanam. I assume thy win from TVM and Nemom. I cannot give chance for V. Muralidharan or Krishnadas to win. May be they can come in 2nd maximum. Even Karamana Jayan is better candidate than V. Muralidharan. Karamana Jayan is a local BJP leader.

VV. Rajesh is a good candidate and good in debates. But he cannot win at present.
Old February 10th, 2016, 04:52 PM   #139
Kochi Resident

No wonder our state is industrially backward. Politics discussion in IT thread. Every thing is politics. Nobody has time for anything else

Sorry to be rude but this is sick limit.

TiGeRcLaW88, PPJ liked this post
Old February 10th, 2016, 06:02 PM   #140
TiGeRcLaW88
Never mess with the Tiger

Likes (Received): 1453

True & Agree 100%%... People are ready to discuss about useless issues & shy away from real issues. If you people want to discuss about politics, you have Kerala Cafe thread...Pls spare this thread....Pls for gods sake!!!

Kerala Speaks Out

Kochi Resident liked this post
TiGeRcLaW88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote