search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #1
riva.tholoor.philip

Likes (Received): 1006

Kerala Politics - Discussions

This thread can be used for Kerala-related Political Discussions

Travancore13, unnikuttan, Reghu liked this post
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2016, 08:42 AM   #2
riva.tholoor.philip

Suresh Gopi to quit BJP?

Malayalam Superstar Suresh Gopi is quitting BJP. He rejected contesting Assembly election in BJP symbol.

Will he split BJP and form BJP(S)? Or will he return back to Congress? Will Oommen Chandy take him back? Or will he join CPM or Kerala Congress?

Wait-and-watch!

http://www.sathyamonline.com/electio...est-news/42138
Old February 12th, 2016, 09:05 AM   #3
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 7860

I do not think he will quit BJP just for a seat issue. Moreover, more film personalities are joining BJP including director Rajasenan.

Politics is not an action filled film similar to theose cimemas he has acted. He has to wait patiently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Suresh Gopi to quit BJP?

Malayalam Superstar Suresh Gopi is quitting BJP. He rejected contesting Assembly election in BJP symbol.

Will he split BJP and form BJP(S)? Or will he return back to Congress? Will Oommen Chandy take him back? Or will he join CPM or Kerala Congress?

Wait-and-watch!

http://www.sathyamonline.com/electio...est-news/42138

Last edited by Reghu; January 7th, 2017 at 12:21 PM.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #4
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
I do not think he will quit BJP just for a seat issue. Moreover, more film personalities are joining BJP including director Rajasenan.

Politics is not a action filled film that he has acted. He has to wait patiently.
Reghu,

I don't know about Rajasenan. But Suresh Gopi already joined BJP 1.5 years back and campaigned for Narndra Modi. There are many film personalities like Kollam Thulasi, Urmila Unni, Shahnavaz (Prem Nazir's son), Ali Akbar, Dirctor Sureshkumar, Menaka Suresh, Priyadarshan, Major Ravi, Meghna Vincent (Amritha of Chandanamazha), Gayathri Arun (Deepthi of Parasparam) etc already joined BJP. Late Bharat Gopi was also a BJP member. So there are lot of pro-BJP film personalities. Majority of them are not big vote-catchers like Suresh Gopi (exceptions may be Priyadarshan). In fact, persons like Meghna Vincent are liability, as because of her stupidities, O Rajagopal lost 5000 votes in Aruvikkara.

unnikuttan liked this post
Old February 12th, 2016, 04:57 PM   #5
unnikuttan

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
This thread can be used for Kerala-related Political Discussions
Thank you Riva.

riva.tholoor.philip liked this post
unnikuttan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2016, 05:26 PM   #6
Reghu
Kollam Rising

When we look at the last two years railway develoments, including the enhancement of many railway stations, facilites, NH Bypass works such as TVM Bypass, Alleppy Bypass, Kollam Bypass, Mannuthy - Vadakkanchery 6-laning, Kasargod Bypass approval, IIT @ Palakkad, etc , the central government though under two years of tenure has done a great job compared to the crap and corrupted UDF government in Kerala.

Still our people, without giving an MLA or MP to this central governement, are shameless to say that Kanjikkode coach factory is not given, wagon factory is not given, AIIMS is not given etc, in this short span of 1.5 years. Still 3.5 years is left for this government at center and it is not the end of the world.
What did the UDF governement in Kerala has contributed for Kerala except Solar and Bar? Anything specific for the state of Kerala. Please do not mention Kochi Metro or Vizhinjam or Kannur beacuse these are still vote bank topics for UDF than sincere effort!

The central government's (that has no MLA or MP patronage from Kerala) contrubution for Kerala in the last 1.5 years is more valid than the previous UPA government (with 8 central ministers, 11 MPs, and 73 MLAa) that ruled for 10 years with a common 5 years in tandem with the congress led UDF government in Kerala.

It is quite amazing still LDF and UDF says BJP led NDA government is against Kerala's interest. What should the common man say about the Congress led UPA government's 10 years contribution for Kerala when there was 8 central ministers from Kerala including AK Antony who was even perceived as a Prime Minister!

I do not know why Keralites are so blind when it comes to certain truths? I was a core LDF supporter in the past as my parents and uncles are still hardcore and blind followers of an ideolgy which was practised ideall by the old communits unlike the current crop of arrogants.

I am not saying there is all good in one party and which is right and which is wrong. But one thing is certain, if I open my eyes, years and my inner conscience with a sharp focus on what has been happening in the last 1.5 years, there is something to cheer for us! Nothing is going to happen overnight, but something has happend the previous night.

Last edited by Reghu; February 12th, 2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old February 13th, 2016, 03:40 AM   #7
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
When we look at the last two years railway develoments, including the enhancement of many railway stations, facilites, NH Bypass works such as TVM Bypass, Alleppy Bypass, Kollam Bypass, Mannuthy - Vadakkanchery 6-laning, Kasargod Bypass approval, IIT @ Palakkad, etc , the central government though under two years of tenure has done a great job compared to the crap and corrupted UDF government in Kerala.

Still our people, without giving an MLA or MP to this central governement, are shameless to say that Kanjikkode coach factory is not given, wagon factory is not given, AIIMS is not given etc, in this short span of 1.5 years. Still 3.5 years is left for this government at center and it is not the end of the world.
What did the UDF governement in Kerala has contributed for Kerala except Solar and Bar? Anything specific for the state of Kerala. Please do not mention Kochi Metro or Vizhinjam or Kannur beacuse these are still vote bank topics for UDF than sincere effort!

The central government's (that has no MLA or MP patronage from Kerala) contrubution for Kerala in the last 1.5 years is more valid than the previous UPA government (with 8 central ministers, 11 MPs, and 73 MLAa) that ruled for 10 years with a common 5 years in tandem with the congress led UDF government in Kerala.

It is quite amazing still LDF and UDF says BJP led NDA government is against Kerala's interest. What should the common man say about the Congress led UPA government's 10 years contribution for Kerala when there was 8 central ministers from Kerala including AK Antony who was even perceived as a Prime Minister!

I do not know why Keralites are so blind when it comes to certain truths? I was a core LDF supporter in the past as my parents and uncles are still hardcore and blind followers of an ideolgy which was practised ideall by the old communits unlike the current crop of arrogants.

I am not saying there is all good in one party and which is right and which is wrong. But one thing is certain, if I open my eyes, years and my inner conscience with a sharp focus on what has been happening in the last 1.5 years, there is something to cheer for us! Nothing is going to happen overnight, but something has happend the previous night.
Reghu,

I beg to difference.

This UDF Govt implemented many development projects - Kannur Airport, Dubai Smart City, Kochi Metro, Kozhikode Cyberpark, Kannur Municipal Corporations, 12 taluks, new municipalities, Vallarpadam, Medical Colleges in all districts, etc. Vizhinjam Project, Suburban Railway, High Speed Corridor, etc are initiated/started. I can say Leader Karunakaran and Oommen Chandy were the most vibrant CMs Kerala ever seen. Just compare them with useless VS or EMS. In Communist side, only C Achutha Menon was a good administrator.

Regarding Railways. I agree O Rajagopal did many things. Even under UPA Govts, Kerala got NOTHING. UPA-II totally ignored Kerala. Narendra Modi Govt doing better than UPA-II as far as Railways is concerned. Still we need to get more projects. Kerala is one state that is always ignored since 1956.
Old February 13th, 2016, 03:43 AM   #8
riva.tholoor.philip

What Kerala need is a strong regional party like TDP/DMK to do Bargain Politics. I hope, Kerala Congress can emerge to that expectation. CPM doesn't care about Kerala. Congress, BJP is not regionalist parties.

Last edited by riva.tholoor.philip; February 13th, 2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old February 13th, 2016, 05:42 AM   #9
unnikuttan

Quote:
What Kerala need is a strong regional party like TDP/DMK to do Bargain Politics. I hop, Kerala Congress can emerge to that expectation. CPM dosn't care about Kerala. Congress, BJP is not regionalist parties.
Kerala congress almost lost its organisational set up even in its strongholds. They can't win even a block panchayath/ district panchayat seat without the help of INC/CPM.

What happened to its famous student organisation KSC?
It was a leading student organisation in 70's and 80's, now we can see no where.

Youth Front?
It gave birth to lot of talented leaders in the past, while now become only a paper organisation.
Then how we can hope party's like Kerala congress??
Old February 13th, 2016, 07:53 AM   #10
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnikuttan View Post
Kerala congress almost lost its organisational set up even in its strongholds. They can't win even a block panchayath/ district panchayat seat without the help of INC/CPM.

What happened to its famous student organisation KSC?
It was a leading student organisation in 70's and 80's, now we can see no where.

Youth Front?
It gave birth to lot of talented leaders in the past, while now become only a paper organisation.
Then how we can hope party's like Kerala congress??
Unni,

Kerala Congress (M) is still strong in its stronghold. The latest Local Body election is the classic example. KC won their strongholds in Kottayam, Idukki, Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam.

The main problem of KC is it is limited in their fort (Central Travancore) and not expanding. It is mainly due to the ego among its leaders, and also frequent splits.

Now itself there are 7 KC factions:
1. Kerala Congress (Mani). Alliance: UDF
2. Kerala Congress (Jacob). Alliance: UDF
3. Kerala Congress (Secular-TS John). Alliance: Supporting UDF
4. Kerala Congress (Secular-PC George). Alliance: Supporting LDF
5. Kerala Congress (Balakrishna Pillai). Alliance: Supporting LDF
6. Kerala Congress (Skaria Thomas). Alliance: LDF
7. Kerala Congress (PC Thomas). Alliance: NDA

Recently, Kerala Congress (Nationalist) of Adv. Noble Mathew merged with BJP.

There are talks of Kerala Congress (Secular-TS John) merging with Kerala Congress (Jacob). I also feel, KC(Jacob) should merge with KC(M).

Similarly, KC(B), KC (PC George), KC (Skaria Thomas) can merge within LDF.
Old February 13th, 2016, 11:23 AM   #11
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Dear Riva, you said Kerala is neglected sine 1956. At the same time you mentioned Rajagopal could do significantly during Vajpayees tenure of 5 years. So, after that 5 years, NDA got only the last 1.5 years to ignore Kerala! Do you think the current Modi government completely ignored Kerala despite the zero representation of his partymen from Kerala in Loksabha, Rajyasabha, and even Niyamasabha!

What would have congress done in such a scenario? We know how much Kerala got during the tenure of 8 central ministers and backed by UDF led state government!

It is closing eyes to reality when somebosy comments that Modi government is not doing anything to Kerala. Currently, the main balme against Modi government is appeasement of majority religion! No body talks about or even constructively criticising his vision of development! Does it mean that only minority appeasement the only way to keep away Modi!

Quote:
Reghu,

I beg to difference.

This UDF Govt implemented many development projects - Kannur Airport, Dubai Smart City, Kochi Metro, Kozhikode Cyberpark, Kannur Municipal Corporations, 12 taluks, new municipalities, Vallarpadam, Medical Colleges in all districts, etc. Vizhinjam Project, Suburban Railway, High Speed Corridor, etc are initiated/started. I can say Leader Karunakaran and Oommen Chandy were the most vibrant CMs Kerala ever seen. Just compare them with useless VS or EMS. In Communist side, only C Achutha Menon was a good administrator.

Regarding Railways. I agree O Rajagopal did many things. Even under UPA Govts, Kerala got NOTHING. UPA-II totally ignored Kerala. Narendra Modi Govt doing better than UPA-II as far as Railways is concerned. Still we need to get more projects. Kerala is one state that is always ignored since 1956.
Old February 13th, 2016, 01:14 PM   #12
unnikuttan

Quote:
Unni,

Kerala Congress (M) is still strong in its stronghold. The latest Local Body election is the classic example. KC won their strongholds in Kottayam, Idukki, Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam.

The main problem of KC is it is limited in their fort (Central Travancore) and not expanding. It is mainly due to the ego among its leaders, and also frequent splits.

Now itself there are 7 KC factions:
1. Kerala Congress (Mani). Alliance: UDF
2. Kerala Congress (Jacob). Alliance: UDF
3. Kerala Congress (Secular-TS John). Alliance: Supporting UDF
4. Kerala Congress (Secular-PC George). Alliance: Supporting LDF
5. Kerala Congress (Balakrishna Pillai). Alliance: Supporting LDF
6. Kerala Congress (Skaria Thomas). Alliance: LDF
7. Kerala Congress (PC Thomas). Alliance: NDA

Recently, Kerala Congress (Nationalist) of Adv. Noble Mathew merged with BJP.

There are talks of Kerala Congress (Secular-TS John) merging with Kerala Congress (Jacob). I also feel, KC(Jacob) should merge with KC(M).

Similarly, KC(B), KC (PC George), KC (Skaria Thomas) can merge within LDF.
Riva, you are supporting Kerala congress may be you are a member of that party. But the real condition of KC is pathetic.
I think you are aware of the present political scenario in Kottayam district.

It is the first time in history INC win more seats than KC in Kottayam district panchayath.
INC alone got majority in 24 gram panchayaths, where as KC got only two(kuravilangad, karoor panchayats and palai muncipality). INC + KC got 20+ panchayats.

In short, KC lost some of its seats,while INC regained its power.

Old February 13th, 2016, 01:57 PM   #13
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Dear Riva, you said Kerala is neglected sine 1956. At the same time you mentioned Rajagopal could do significantly during Vajpayees tenure of 5 years. So, after that 5 years, NDA got only the last 1.5 years to ignore Kerala! Do you think the current Modi government completely ignored Kerala despite the zero representation of his partymen from Kerala in Loksabha, Rajyasabha, and even Niyamasabha!

What would have congress done in such a scenario? We know how much Kerala got during the tenure of 8 central ministers and backed by UDF led state government!

It is closing eyes to reality when somebosy comments that Modi government is not doing anything to Kerala. Currently, the main balme against Modi government is appeasement of majority religion! No body talks about or even constructively criticising his vision of development! Does it mean that only minority appeasement the only way to keep away Modi!
Reghu,

The present Modi Govt is also ignoring Kerala. Eg, allocation of Smart Cities. TN got 12, Kerala got 1, even Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Sikkim, etc also got one each. It is true that BJP has no representation. BJP still doesn't have representation in many states. In TN, they have only one seat, but they gave 12 Smart Cities.

It is true that UPA-II ignored Kerala in many areas - railways, passport seva kendras, National Highways, Rubber, Gadgil/Kasturi Reports (Jairam Ramesh threatened to oust all Syrian Christian farmers living in Hills from their land). Due to this, Congress lost Idukki, Kannur, and almost lost Wayanad. The majority of farmers in these hilly regions are Christians. Now Modi Govt is following the path of Jairam Ramesh. Tim to throw Gadgil Report and Kasturi Report and save Kerala farmers. We need a strong regional party.

Old February 13th, 2016, 01:59 PM   #14
riva.tholoor.philip

Reghu,

BJP is not bad in Minority Appeasement. Kummanam became expert.
Old February 13th, 2016, 02:00 PM   #15
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnikuttan View Post
Riva, you are supporting Kerala congress may be you are a member of that party. But the real condition of KC is pathetic.
I think you are aware of the present political scenario in Kottayam district.

It is the first time in history INC win more seats than KC in Kottayam district panchayath.
INC alone got majority in 24 gram panchayaths, where as KC got only two(kuravilangad, karoor panchayats and palai muncipality). INC + KC got 20+ panchayats.

In short, KC lost some of its seats,while INC regained its power.
KC(M) is the largest party in Kottayam and Idukki. Second largest party in Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam.

Old February 13th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #16
riva.tholoor.philip

I hope, INC in Kerala will split and INC (Oommen Chandy), KC (M), KC (Jacob) , (TS John), CMP (CP John), JSS (Shaju), NSS, Dheevara Sabha, KPMS (Punnala), Adivasi Gothra Mahasabha, SNDP (Mohan Shankar faction), etc will merge to form a single - Kerala State Congress party.
Old February 13th, 2016, 02:18 PM   #17
unnikuttan

Quote:
KC(M) is the largest party in Kottayam and Idukki. Second largest party in Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam.
KC(M) was the largest party in Kottayam, but now gone to 3rd position behined INC and CPM (based on the no. of ward members from these parties)

Ofcourse, it is the second largest party in UDF in Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam.
Coming to Idduki numbers say a different thing.

In kottayam district major vote banks of KC was Syrian Christians and Nair community.
INC can attract most of the syrian votes with the rise of OC, while a portion of Nair vote captured by BJP.

Old February 13th, 2016, 05:25 PM   #18
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Smart city is a different topic altogether. Cities such as Bangalore is also not figuring in that list.

Where was this Smart city concept during congress led UPA rule?

The first ranked city from the challenge round is Bhuvaneshwar the capital of Orissa and most of the 2nd tier cities topped the list.

We need to market our cities in the challenge rounds! If Bhuvaneshwar won the Smart city challenge, what would have been their advantage? Bhuvaneahwar is the capital of Orissa and BJP is not in power in Orissa. Kochi got 5th rank but BJP is not in power in Kerala and more over TN got 12 but BJP never came to power in TN. The only advantage for BJP in TN is the Nagercovil minister Pon Radhakrishnan.

Rather than blaming the central government and then lamenting their neglect, check if the basics have been done by Kerala. If Bhuvaneshar could have won, why cannot TVM who is the best BJP stong hold in Kerala.

Even the current UDF government is not ready to nominate Kollam in the smart city category! So if you say neglect by central government towards Kerala, why UDF shows the same neglect to specific districts in Kerala including Kollam!

Quote:
Reghu,

The present Modi Govt is also ignoring Kerala. Eg, allocation of Smart Cities. TN got 12, Kerala got 1, even Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Sikkim, etc also got one each. It is true that BJP has no representation. BJP still doesn't have representation in many states. In TN, they have only one seat, but they gave 12 Smart Cities.

It is true that UPA-II ignored Kerala in many areas - railways, passport seva kendras, National Highways, Rubber, Gadgil/Kasturi Reports (Jairam Ramesh threatened to oust all Syrian Christian farmers living in Hills from their land). Due to this, Congress lost Idukki, Kannur, and almost lost Wayanad. The majority of farmers in these hilly regions are Christians. Now Modi Govt is following the path of Jairam Ramesh. Tim to throw Gadgil Report and Kasturi Report and save Kerala farmers. We need a strong regional party.

Last edited by Reghu; February 13th, 2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old February 13th, 2016, 06:13 PM   #19
Reghu
Kollam Rising

So, it is not just majority appeasement but minority appeasement as well! That means appeasment of all! Modi was once seen as a CM who was against the minority community. But now Modi has become the prime minister of both minorities and majority.

Who knows if Kummanam is also poised for that in Kerala if not in the next election but not so far away in future!

Quote:
Reghu,

BJP is not bad in Minority Appeasement. Kummanam became expert.
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:58 AM   #20
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Smart city is a different topic altogether. Cities such as Bangalore is also not figuring in that list.

Where was this Smart city concept during congress led UPA rule?

The first ranked city from the challenge round is Bhuvaneshwar the capital of Orissa and most of the 2nd tier cities topped the list.

We need to market our cities in the challenge rounds! If Bhuvaneshwar won the Smart city challenge, what would have been their advantage? Bhuvaneahwar is the capital of Orissa and BJP is not in power in Orissa. Kochi got 5th rank but BJP is not in power in Kerala and more over TN got 12 but BJP never came to power in TN. The only advantage for BJP in TN is the Nagercovil minister Pon Radhakrishnan.

Rather than blaming the central government and then lamenting their neglect, check if the basics have been done by Kerala. If Bhuvaneshar could have won, why cannot TVM who is the best BJP stong hold in Kerala.

Even the current UDF government is not ready to nominate Kollam in the smart city category! So if you say neglect by central government towards Kerala, why UDF shows the same neglect to specific districts in Kerala including Kollam!
But in Karnataka, they selectd 7-8 cities, lik Tumkur, Davangere, Belgaum, Shimoga, etc