search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2016, 06:31 AM   #21
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 8019

Yes, they have the basics set right or easy to set the basics unlike in Kerala. The unplanned model of development of our cities and lack of good leadership to address these issues make our cities fail in these category despite having the polpulation advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
But in Karnataka, they selectd 7-8 cities, lik Tumkur, Davangere, Belgaum, Shimoga, etc
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2016, 07:39 AM   #22
riva.tholoor.philip

Likes (Received): 1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
Yes, they have the basics set right or easy to set the basics unlike in Kerala. The unplanned model of development of our cities and lack of good leadership to address these issues make our cities fail in these category despite having the polpulation advantage.
Reghu,

That is not the case.

Central Govt selected 100 initial cities, and allocated Quota for each states. Central Govt allotted only 1 seat for Kerala, and 12 for TN, 13 for UP (UP Govt is notorious for inefficiency).

So GoK nominated Kochi as Kerala's smart City.

J&K could not nominated any city from its quota. UP could nominate only 12.

Later Central Govt conducted a competition among these 98 cities to select the First 20 cities in the Phase-1. In that competition, Bhubaneshwar was selected as No: 1, Kochi as No:5.

Now Kerala will not gt any smart cities in the next 78.
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 08:04 AM   #23
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Yes.. TN has 12. But do you think TN got 12 because BJP has great influence there. Infact, BJP has more influence in Kerala than in TN. TN cities have better positioned to become SMART cities.

Even if our cities are selected for Smart city category, do you think Kerala government can/may do the necessary LA for the planned development? What is the status of LA regarding NH-66, Sabari rail, Chengannur - Kottarakkara rail, and many other LAs regarding projects. In TN or Karnataka or any other state it is not a difficult job.

You must ascertain these facts as well before blaiming the government on neglect. Our cities must be ready for the smart city category. I do not think population alone will going to get us anything in future. Infact, the unplanned development of our cities with the burgeoning population is a hindrance block for any kind of development projects!

Quote:
Reghu,

That is not the case.

Central Govt selected 100 initial cities, and allocated Quota for each states. Central Govt allotted only 1 seat for Kerala, and 12 for TN, 13 for UP (UP Govt is notorious for inefficiency).

So GoK nominated Kochi as Kerala's smart City.

J&K could not nominated any city from its quota. UP could nominate only 12.

Later Central Govt conducted a competition among these 98 cities to select the First 20 cities in the Phase-1. In that competition, Bhubaneshwar was selected as No: 1, Kochi as No:5.

Now Kerala will not gt any smart cities in the next 78.

Last edited by Reghu; February 14th, 2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old February 14th, 2016, 08:26 AM   #24
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Yes.. TN has 12. But do you think TN got 12 because BJP has great influence there. Infact, BJP has more influence in Kerala than in TN. TN cities have better positioned to become SMART cities.
Rghu,

How can you say TN cities are better positioned as Smart Cities than Kerala cities?

Do you think TVM, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Kannur, etc are less eligible than Tiruppur, Erod, Vllur, Thanjavur, Dindigul, Tutukudi, etc?
Old February 14th, 2016, 10:34 AM   #25
aravindshivshetty

Likes (Received): 37

Kerala is a state with a high level of political awareness. Most people are aligned to ideologies of some party. The truth is the high political awareness leads to the effect that people focus more on politics than governance, leading to politically motivated and biased decisions.Which party in Kerala makes decisions based on good governance? All decisions are made purely on a political basis.
Take for instance the Kerala Congress party. I am surprised that the party still exists. What good has it done for the state? And please do not preach about the development efforts of the MLAs. Mani and Joseph have seen to it that their constituencies have prospered (again for pure political mileage). Which other MLA in the KC party has any significance? N. Jayaraj, Thomas Unniyadan, TU Kuruvila, Mons Joseph, Roshy Augustine and CF Thomas are merely puppets who dance to the tunes of Mani and Joseph. Or has there been any significant developments in their constituencies? Take another example of Jose K Mani. Leave aside the fact that he may or may not have a partnership in a company that imports synthetic rubber. What was the point in his hunger strike? Was it not a purely politically motivated move? Global prices for rubber are low due to weak demand. How long can the government support the farmers by subsidies and artificial base price? Its nothing but a shortsighted move for immediate political gain.
Its not the case with Kerala Congress alone. All parties in Kerala only focus on short term political gains. This is why if every budget will have elements to please everyone but satisfy no one. e.g. the sabari rail project gets a paltry allotment in every budget which does nothing for the overall progress of the project.
Perhaps its the mindset of the people of Kerala. Afterall you get what you deserve. Short term focussed people are happy if the conditions of the roads are good today rather than having to struggle a bit now but have better connectivity via new roads in the future.

Reghu liked this post
aravindshivshetty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #26
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindshivshetty View Post
Kerala is a state with a high level of political awareness. Most people are aligned to ideologies of some party. The truth is the high political awareness leads to the effect that people focus more on politics than governance, leading to politically motivated and biased decisions.Which party in Kerala makes decisions based on good governance? All decisions are made purely on a political basis.
Take for instance the Kerala Congress party. I am surprised that the party still exists. What good has it done for the state? And please do not preach about the development efforts of the MLAs. Mani and Joseph have seen to it that their constituencies have prospered (again for pure political mileage). Which other MLA in the KC party has any significance? N. Jayaraj, Thomas Unniyadan, TU Kuruvila, Mons Joseph, Roshy Augustine and CF Thomas are merely puppets who dance to the tunes of Mani and Joseph. Or has there been any significant developments in their constituencies? Take another example of Jose K Mani. Leave aside the fact that he may or may not have a partnership in a company that imports synthetic rubber. What was the point in his hunger strike? Was it not a purely politically motivated move? Global prices for rubber are low due to weak demand. How long can the government support the farmers by subsidies and artificial base price? Its nothing but a shortsighted move for immediate political gain.
Its not the case with Kerala Congress alone. All parties in Kerala only focus on short term political gains. This is why if every budget will have elements to please everyone but satisfy no one. e.g. the sabari rail project gets a paltry allotment in every budget which does nothing for the overall progress of the project.
Perhaps its the mindset of the people of Kerala. Afterall you get what you deserve. Short term focussed people are happy if the conditions of the roads are good today rather than having to struggle a bit now but have better connectivity via new roads in the future.
Aravind,

What all development Kerala achieved, it is because of Kerala Congress.

Can you name any single contribution of CPM?
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:17 AM   #27
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Riva, do you think Kerala was neglected most during the BJP led NDA rule 5+1.5 years compared to the 60 years of congress rule with a strong MLA and MP backup from Kerala.

If I compare the neglect, I think Vajpayee government and the Modi government have done significantly good to Kerala. Also, another 3.5 years remaning for the current Modi government, lets see what you guys have to say about neglect at the end of his 5 years tenure.

Whipping a government that is just 1.5 years old on SMART city issue is not a smart idea!

If that is the case, what did the UDF governement did for Kollam regarding significant projects in the last 5 years. It is a BIG Zero. Is this also neglect?

Quote:
Aravind,

Old February 14th, 2016, 11:25 AM   #28
arjun unnikrishnan

Likes (Received): 304

Which are the places that BJP have chance of winning?
arjun unnikrishnan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:30 AM   #29
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Trivandrum - 3 or 4
Palakkad - 1
Alappuzha - 1
Kasargod - 1 or 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun unnikrishnan View Post
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:39 AM   #30
sreeshanth

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun unnikrishnan View Post
As of now we cannot say the number of seats or the places.But one thing is sure that BJP will start getting their share from kerala.If we take the case of the educated youth in kerala, majority of them are fans of Narendra Modi.Only they are able to judge between vote bank politics and good governance.Other people ,especially many elders are blindly believing in cliche system of voting by looking at the party irrespective of the candidate or what he has done.They just don't bother about the facts,and just follow what some prejudiced medias are saying.It is we the educated youth of kerala who have to strive to make a change in kerala.If each one of us can spread the words then we can see good governance in the state too.
One thing is sure that The BJP will win majority seats in Trivandrum constituency as most people there are educated working class who are aware of the things happening around.

Reghu liked this post
sreeshanth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:47 AM   #31
ak.army

Likes (Received): 695

What goes against BJP in kerala is the fact that most of its supporters are educated youth mostly working and staying outside Kerala.This group will never come and cast their vote.Whereas the supporters of CPM are cent percent sure to cast their vote.
There are people like me who do not vote for BJP because I do not want to waste my vote on a sure to lose candidate. So there are are actually more votes for BJP like mine which will only surface if they show any signs of giving a competition.

sreeshanth liked this post
ak.army no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:55 AM   #32
ak.army

Likes (Received): 695

Quote:
Trivandrum - 3 or 4
Palakkad - 1
Alappuzha - 1
Kasargod - 1 or 2
As per my assessment there are no chances in Kasargod and Alappuzha.Might come a distant second. BJP can give some nervous nights to both fronts in Palakkad but I dont think they will win.Even in Trivandrum dist, Nemom and Trivandrum are the only chances.Infighting has already started in Trivandrum over preference given to leaders from Malabar over Trivandrum leaders.Even Suresh Gopi has refused to contest.So eve for the winnable seats,its not a cakewalk for them.They have to put concerted efforts or be humbled once agaain.

unnikuttan liked this post
ak.army no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:06 PM   #33
Reghu
Kollam Rising

I accept your points. But, an educated youth if he is wise enough will not follow the last point. He can abstain from the election rather than voting for a party/person that he does not want to come to power but helplessly voting as they are going to win!

It is not about just winning, it is about your voting power and vision on country's development. All candidates cannot win an election and there is no concept of tie or draw in an election. Hence, caste your vote for the party and the person you like not by looking at that my vote should always go to a winning candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.army View Post
What goes against BJP in kerala is the fact that most of its supporters are educated youth mostly working and staying outside Kerala.This group will never come and cast their vote.Whereas the supporters of CPM are cent percent sure to cast their vote.
There are people like me who do not vote for BJP because I do not want to waste my vote on a sure to lose candidate. So there are are actually more votes for BJP like mine which will only surface if they show any signs of giving a competition.

Visit: Kollam - The Cashew Capital of India

RajeshVR, sreeshanth liked this post

Last edited by Reghu; February 14th, 2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #34
Reghu
Kollam Rising

I am talking about the common man or educated youth who have no political inclination. They are going to be critical this time. They always look at the merit and this time this common man of Kerala is going to make the difference. They cannot be included in any party vote bank. It is important to bear in mind that there is a siezable new generation voters who are active in social media and internet who definetly is going to make the difference.

Old Generations will stick on with their ideologies and blind following and it cannot be changed but as new generations come and make and impact atleast in every 10 years, the scenario is going to change.

I have already decided to vote this time and I plan to book my ticket on the day election date is announced. I vote for the party/person whom I want to be in power despite the fact that there chances of winning is grim or not!

Quote:
As per my assessment there are no chances in Kasargod and Alappuzha.Might come a distant second. BJP can give some nervous nights to both fronts in Palakkad but I dont think they will win.Even in Trivandrum dist, Nemom and Trivandrum are the only chances.Infighting has already started in Trivandrum over preference given to leaders from Malabar over Trivandrum leaders.Even Suresh Gopi has refused to contest.So eve for the winnable seats,its not a cakewalk for them.They have to put concerted efforts or be humbled once agaain.

Visit: Kollam - The Cashew Capital of India

sreeshanth, ak.army liked this post

Last edited by Reghu; February 14th, 2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:18 PM   #35
sreeshanth

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Guys,It is just a misconception that BJP will not win.There are many people like you who don't vote thinking that they will not win.This has to change.Open your eyes and see what is happening.As explained earlier in this thread look at the changes that have taken place in our state after the Modi government came to power.Take the case of railways,Infrastructure ,Roads,social schemes,employment friendly policies.Can the people ignore all this and vote for other parties where most most of the members are corrupt or are caught in corruption.Will anyone dare to vote for UDF again after hearing all these corruption stories.Even they are corrupt in the eyes of the highcourt.
I am not a member or follower of BJP but a normal voter who wishes to see some development around

Reghu, ak.army liked this post
sreeshanth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:31 PM   #36
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Here people blindly follow politics than development vision! I am from a solid LDF backed family and I know my father and mother (under father's influence) will definelty vote this time again for LDF. I know these people cannot change their perception even if they know the person contesting is corrupt or criminal as they have the excuse that they look at the party (takes pride to say that I am communist) not the person. My uncles and relatives both maternal and paternal are mostly LDF supporters with a couple of them are active partymen as well!

Being born and brought up in such a family, I was influenced by the Communist and Marxist ideologies and even to the extent of liking RSP during the RS Unni and first innings of NK Premachandran.

But I realized the mistake in the last 15 years by seeing the dirty politics and a lack of true development vision in Kerala and started voting for other parties. I have even voted for SUCI (that has no chance for win) a small party that call them as the real communists and the curent CPM and CPI are fakes!

Now, I have decided my vote is for those person/party who has a clear vision on country's development.

Unfortunately, we have hardly any party as such but the current Modi government comes near to that expectation displaying his vision in the 1.5 years with many things in store till we reach 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeshanth View Post
Guys,It is just a misconception that BJP will not win.There are many people like you who don't vote thinking that they will not win.This has to change.Open your eyes and see what is happening.As explained earlier in this thread look at the changes that have taken place in our state after the Modi government came to power.Take the case of railways,Infrastructure ,Roads,social schemes,employment friendly policies.Can the people ignore all this and vote for other parties where most most of the members are corrupt or are caught in corruption.Will anyone dare to vote for UDF again after hearing all these corruption stories.Even they are corrupt in the eyes of the highcourt.
I am not a member or follower of BJP but a normal voter who wishes to see some development around

Last edited by Reghu; February 14th, 2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:50 PM   #37
unnikuttan

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Trivandrum - 3 or 4
Palakkad - 1
Alappuzha - 1
Kasargod - 1 or 2
In 2004 LS election BJP/NDA got majority in 5 assembly constituencies, but in 2006 assembly election they can't even achieve a second position in those 5 constituencies.

There are so many independent candidates elected to kerala assembly beating both the fronts. But I dont think parties like BJP, Welfare party, SDPI.... can open an accont in Kerala Assembly, since they are the political face of some religious organisations like RSS,Jamatt e Islami, Popular front .....

If BJP stand as an independend party(without RSS) they can win good no. of seats( even 72+ seats).

BJP has cadre votes in both Kasargode and manjeswaram, while the stand of LDF is crucial.30k + political vote in these constituencies, if BJP can attract some more votes from these communaly polarised constituencies they can easly win.
unnikuttan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #38
Reghu
Kollam Rising

BJP's best chance in Kerala are when they are in rule at center. In 2006, Congress was ruling the center.

Moreover, after Narendra Modi came to power the perception on BJP is changed. You must know one thing. Narendra Modi was the one leader who always borne the brunt of Gujarath riots, fake encounter episode, and what not! He was attributted the repsonsibiliy for all the riots happend in India! Media wrote against him so that he became a villain in front of the world and the extremist groups. He was even denied Visa by many countries. Keralites are still apprehensive on his abilities and vision when world nations are rolling out red carpet for his visits.

Interestingly, Modi is one PM who has received sarcastic remarks that he is more in foreign land than at the PM's office in India during the last 1.5 years. A prime minsiter like Modi who is very agile and has tremendous energy belives in Digital India and Digital World which allows him to carry his office where ever he go.

It is true that he was in foreign countries more than in India during the last 1.5 years. But, the great thing he could achieve during this time was making his presence and charisma visible in almost all the major countries in the world while maintaining his visibility in India through his subtle as well as sharp deeds and addresses. We know what visibility and presence Manmohan Singh could make in his 10 years of tenure while staying only in India! We heard more of Soniaji than the man who always kept mum.

Here I look at the leader Narendra Modi not BJP. I do not have any issue even if Narendra Modi moves to AAP. It is the leader with the vision than the party for me now! There are many idiotic poiticians in BJP as well similar to Congress and CPM. But how many true world leaders are there in CPM and Congress now? After Nehru and Indira Gandhi, Congress was unable to find a true world leader. Even Rajiv Gandhi could not meet that expectation though he was able to be in office for a short stint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnikuttan View Post
In 2004 LS election BJP/NDA got majority in 5 assembly constituencies, but in 2006 assembly election they can't even achieve a second position in those 5 constituencies.

There are so many independent candidates elected to kerala assembly beating both the fronts. But I dont think parties like BJP, Welfare party, SDPI.... can open an accont in Kerala Assembly, since they are the political face of some religious organisations like RSS,Jamatt e Islami, Popular front .....

If BJP stand as an independend party(without RSS) they can win good no. of seats( even 72+ seats).

BJP has cadre votes in both Kasargode and manjeswaram, while the stand of LDF is crucial.30k + political vote in these constituencies, if BJP can attract some more votes from these communaly polarised constituencies they can easly win.

Last edited by Reghu; February 14th, 2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:22 PM   #39
aravindshivshetty

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Aravind,

Laughable. Thats all I can say. You statement shows your attitude. "What all development Kerala achieved it is because of Kerala Congress". Ok so CPM did nothing and Kerala Congress atleast did something. This attitude is the problem. We are satisfied with mediocrity. In my opinion Kerala Congress did jsut enough to keep their votebank.

Reghu liked this post
aravindshivshetty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:27 PM   #40
unnikuttan

Likes (Received): 55

Modi is a good PM , his policies are creative and beneficial for common man
As a student I appreciate him, for his decision to avoid interview for competitive exams.

But Kerala BJP leaders are inefficient and in RSS control. They knows only how to market their votes and to play groupism.
unnikuttan no está en línea   Reply With Quote