search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2016, 12:33 PM   #41
aravindshivshetty

Likes (Received): 35

I would vote for the BJP but they have jokers for leaders in Kerala. The left leadership is also pathetic but CPM/CPI always have good candidates whom the people trust. This is why they never lose their voter base. The best legislators in the Parliament and the State Assembly are from the CPM. But the party as a whole is no good.
The BJP needs to field good candidates. Rajettan can only stand in one or maximum 2 constituencies but can only win in one. All the other leaders just simply cannot inspire me.
aravindshivshetty no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:35 PM   #42
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 7860

In Kerala, we need politicians who are above politics. Politics in Kerala has become like religious fanaticism.

There are good politicians in Kerala in all parties. But the number is very less. I can cite some examples from Kollam itlself. PK Gurudasan of CPM, Jayamohan Sir of CPM, CV Padmarajan of Congress, RS Unni of RSP were some good political leaders from Kollam. I have not seen any good BJP leader from Kollam.

But BJP leader O Rajagopal is a role model for all leaders in Kerala!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnikuttan View Post

Modi is a good PM , his policies are creative and beneficial for common man
As a student I appreciate him, for his decision to avoid interview for competitive exams.

But Kerala BJP leaders are inefficient and in RSS control. They knows only how to market their votes and to play groupism.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #43
aravindshivshetty

Quote:

As a student I appreciate him, for his decision to avoid interview for competitive exams.

But Kerala BJP leaders are inefficient and in RSS control. They knows only how to market their votes and to play groupism.
Exactly. The RSS agenda will not work in Kerala. BJP needs to campaign showcasing their development agenda and field good candidates. This is the only thing that matters. That's the only thing that can win the neutral vote.

Reghu, unnikuttan liked this post
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:16 PM   #44
arjun unnikrishnan

Likes (Received): 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.army View Post
As per my assessment there are no chances in Kasargod and Alappuzha.Might come a distant second. BJP can give some nervous nights to both fronts in Palakkad but I dont think they will win.Even in Trivandrum dist, Nemom and Trivandrum are the only chances.Infighting has already started in Trivandrum over preference given to leaders from Malabar over Trivandrum leaders.Even Suresh Gopi has refused to contest.So eve for the winnable seats,its not a cakewalk for them.They have to put concerted efforts or be humbled once agaain.
In Palakkad BJP has got around 35K votes from Municipality and has strong hold in other 2 Panchayats which makes Palakkad Assembly.I think if Rajagopal or Sobha Surendran contest from Palakkad and if Union Ministers or Central leader comes from Campaigns etc they can Win in Palakkad.

Reghu liked this post
arjun unnikrishnan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:29 PM   #45
Reghu
Kollam Rising

I would love to see Narendra Modi comes for campaign in Kerala especially TVM, Chengannur, Palakkad, Trissur, Calicut, and Kasargod. If time permits he should visit a minimum of 7 to 8 districts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun unnikrishnan View Post
In Palakkad BJP has got around 35K votes from Municipality and has strong hold in other 2 Panchayats which makes Palakkad Assembly.I think if Rajagopal or Sobha Surendran contest from Palakkad and if Union Ministers or Central leader comes from Campaigns etc they can Win in Palakkad.
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:33 PM   #46
arjun unnikrishnan

Likes (Received): 287

PM Modi may visit Pkd for Stone laying function of IIT.There is a chance of Public Funtion in Pkd.
arjun unnikrishnan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:18 PM   #47
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Modi has plans to visit Sabarimala this year at a non-season time to avoid inconvenience to other devotees.

Quote:
PM Modi may visit Pkd for Stone laying function of IIT.There is a chance of Public Funtion in Pkd.
Old February 14th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #48
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Very proud to say the fact that Prime Minister Narendra Modi and former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpaee have visited and addressed the audience of my college - Kollam SN College where I had studied for 5 years during my Pre-degree and Graduation time. I still remember that I could hear Atalji's address only from ouside the college due to the huge crowd assembled there.

PM Narendra Modi's name is engraved in only one college campus in Kerala and it is at the R Shankar statue inside SN College Kollam. It is the same college our great poet ONV Sir had studied.

Yes...IIT Palakkad is going to be second educational institution in Kerala where his name is going to be engraved.

Quote:
Old February 14th, 2016, 07:23 PM   #49
RajeshNair

Likes (Received): 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.army View Post
As per my assessment there are no chances in Kasargod and Alappuzha.Might come a distant second. BJP can give some nervous nights to both fronts in Palakkad but I dont think they will win.Even in Trivandrum dist, Nemom and Trivandrum are the only chances.Infighting has already started in Trivandrum over preference given to leaders from Malabar over Trivandrum leaders.Even Suresh Gopi has refused to contest.So eve for the winnable seats,its not a cakewalk for them.They have to put concerted efforts or be humbled once agaain.
You are right. BJP is going to lose votes in Trivandrum if they field imported candidates. Their chances are not that great to win any seats in Trivandrum if they do so. I think they should field Rajagopal, V V rajesh and may be Suresh gopi in winnable seats.
RajeshNair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 02:46 AM   #50
ak.army

Likes (Received): 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshNair View Post
You are right. BJP is going to lose votes in Trivandrum if they field imported candidates. Their chances are not that great to win any seats in Trivandrum if they do so. I think they should field Rajagopal, V V rajesh and may be Suresh gopi in winnable seats.
Alongwith them,even Kummanam has a great chance.But V Muralidharan is sure to lose.
Heard that BJP is doing great in Palakkad Municipality.Someone from Palakkad can confirm.If so they have an outside chance over there.
The best chance for BJP elsewhere is to poach some good camdidates from outside.
CPM- Chances for Sreenivasan to contest from Thripunithura and Rajeev from Kalamassery are high.Ideally Thripunithura should be given to Rajeev. Kalamassery has substantial Muslim population and will blindly vote for Ibrahim Kunjhu.Moreover he has also worked well in his constituency.
ak.army no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 02:56 AM   #51
riva.tholoor.philip

Likes (Received): 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindshivshetty View Post
I would vote for the BJP but they have jokers for leaders in Kerala. The left leadership is also pathetic but CPM/CPI always have good candidates whom the people trust. This is why they never lose their voter base. The best legislators in the Parliament and the State Assembly are from the CPM. But the party as a whole is no good.
The BJP needs to field good candidates. Rajettan can only stand in one or maximum 2 constituencies but can only win in one. All the other leaders just simply cannot inspire me.
Who are those best CPM MPs and MLAs? They did nothing for Kerala. They are more concerned about Poland, Iran, Palestine, etc
riva.tholoor.philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:08 AM   #52
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:

I am predicting UDF to retain power with 80-85 seats. LDF will win 50-55 seats. BJP will win 3-5 seats. For this, BJP should win good, mature and strong candidates like O Rajagopal, PP Mukundan (on of the best leader BJP ever produced in Kerala after O Rajagopal), PS Sreedharan Pillai, MT Ramesh, VN Unni, Prathapa Chandra Varma, AN Radhakrishnan, etc. If the likes of V Muralidharan, K Surendran contests, even many BJP members votes against them. If Surndran contests, BJP will lose Kasaragod/Manjeshwaram.

BJP has chance to win:
1. Nemom (Kummanam)
2. TVM (Rajagopal)
3. Palakkad
4. Manjshwaram (if Surendran is not candidate and CPM doesn't transfer thir votes to IUML)
5. Kasaragod (if Surendran is not candidate and CPM doesn't transfer thir votes to IUML)
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:11 AM   #53
riva.tholoor.philip

CPM has MLA in Payyannur since 1956. Out of this, LDF was in power for more than 30 years. Why CPM could not bring Taluk there?

CPM always ignored thir forts.

Pattambi was once a CPM fort. EMS did nothing for Pattambi, failed to bring Taluk, Municipality, etc. Fd up of this, people voted for CP Mohammed. Now Pattambi has Taluk, Municipality.

unnikuttan liked this post
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:16 AM   #54
riva.tholoor.philip

CPM has MLA in Payyannur since 1956. Out of this, LDF was in power for more than 30 years. Why CPM could not bring Taluk there?

CPM always ignored thir forts.

Pattambi was once a CPM fort. EMS did nothing for Pattambi, failed to bring Taluk, Municipality, etc. Fd up of this, people voted for CP Mohammed. Now Pattambi has Taluk, Municipality.
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:30 AM   #55
riva.tholoor.philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
BJP's best chance in Kerala are when they are in rule at center. In 2006, Congress was ruling the center.

Moreover, after Narendra Modi came to power the perception on BJP is changed. You must know one thing. Narendra Modi was the one leader who always borne the brunt of Gujarath riots, fake encounter episode, and what not! He was attributted the repsonsibiliy for all the riots happend in India! Media wrote against him so that he became a villain in front of the world and the extremist groups. He was even denied Visa by many countries. Keralites are still apprehensive on his abilities and vision when world nations are rolling out red carpet for his visits.

Interestingly, Modi is one PM who has received sarcastic remarks that he is more in foreign land than at the PM's office in India during the last 1.5 years. A prime minsiter like Modi who is very agile and has tremendous energy belives in Digital India and Digital World which allows him to carry his office where ever he go.

It is true that he was in foreign countries more than in India during the last 1.5 years. But, the great thing he could achieve during this time was making his presence and charisma visible in almost all the major countries in the world while maintaining his visibility in India through his subtle as well as sharp deeds and addresses. We know what visibility and presence Manmohan Singh could make in his 10 years of tenure while staying only in India! We heard more of Soniaji than the man who always kept mum.

Here I look at the leader Narendra Modi not BJP. I do not have any issue even if Narendra Modi moves to AAP. It is the leader with the vision than the party for me now! There are many idiotic poiticians in BJP as well similar to Congress and CPM. But how many true world leaders are there in CPM and Congress now? After Nehru and Indira Gandhi, Congress was unable to find a true world leader. Even Rajiv Gandhi could not meet that expectation though he was able to be in office for a short stint!
Reghu,

Jawaharlal Nehru is not a great PM. He is an Average PM. Indira Gandhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Rajiv Gandhi, and Narasimha Rao are great PMs. We cannot forget their contribution (Indira made India a Power, splits Pakistan. Lal Bahadur defeated Pakistan; Rajiv - Telecom/IT, Narasimha Rao - Economic Reforms). In fact Congress has a habit of ignoring PMs from Non-Gandhi family. So they never promoted Lal Bahadur Sastri and Narasimha Rao.

Narendra Modi is nothing compare to Vajpayee. I am not BJP supporter. But I respect Vajpayee. I cannot digest the way Modi isolate Advani, Joshi, etc. It is not good for BJP to demoralizing elders, who sacrificed thir entire life for BJP.

Last edited by riva.tholoor.philip; February 15th, 2016 at 05:54 AM.
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:34 AM   #56
riva.tholoor.philip

If Kummanam contests in Aranmula, I am sure BJP will com in 2nd ahead of LDF.
Old February 15th, 2016, 04:52 AM   #57
sankar tho

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:

UNNI kuttan its not not just a matter of a man / political party . Most of our people believe that if a particular political party or a man comes into power ; everything will change upside down. Just like u i too like policies of Modi ; but people of India in general have some serious problem they always wanted to be ruled by their favorite party even if they give peanuts ... LDF /UDF / BJP (?) whoever comes into power ; people of kerala should demand for development & matured policies unlike heard in some budget allocations like for making new park 100 crore n all .. Until m unless people becomes demanding nothing fruitful ll happpen
sankar tho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 05:53 AM   #58
riva.tholoor.philip

If BJP fields Balakrishna Shetty, Narayana Bhatt or PP Mukundan in Manjshwaram and Kasaragod seats, it can hope to win. If Surendran contests, IUML will easily win.
Old February 15th, 2016, 11:08 AM   #59
aravindshivshetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
If BJP fields Balakrishna Shetty, Narayana Bhatt or PP Mukundan in Manjshwaram and Kasaragod seats, it can hope to win. If Surendran contests, IUML will easily win.
The good candidates in BJP are relatively obscure. Balakrishna Shetty for e.g. is a good example but how many people in North Kerala can relate to him. The public face of the BJP is adorned by people like Surendran, Muralidharan, VV Rajesh. This is not convincing.
Old February 15th, 2016, 11:13 AM   #60
aravindshivshetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by riva.tholoor.philip View Post
Who are those best CPM MPs and MLAs? They did nothing for Kerala. They are more concerned about Poland, Iran, Palestine, etc
MPs like A. Sampath and P. Rajeev are exemplary Parliamentarians. The are attached the people and are held in high esteem. As a party CPM does nothing, but the reason they still win seats are because they field good candidates.

In the end dont judge politics only by what materialistic benefits you get. Can I ask you the same? What good did Kerala Congress do for Kerala? Sure Mani and Joseph did for Palai and Thodupuzha. What about other constituencies with KC MLAs.