search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 17th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #21
mathewsjose143

Likes (Received): 205

This is again proving Stardom is only helping initial pulling ..In Kerala only good movies can rule in box office ..JSR and jungle book is good example.
Market value of Vijay and surya is not more than 3 core in Kerala ..Unless director should be Rajamouli or Shanker ..
Theri's Kerala Distribution rights is 5.5 core + Advertising and other expense is 2 + core ..It is really big price(Distributor going to suffer Now)..If they(Distributor) want to get back there money,movie should be run 3 weeks properly... ..Our Big star's films budget is lesser than this....

Last edited by mathewsjose143; April 17th, 2016 at 11:16 AM.
mathewsjose143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2016, 07:59 PM   #22
Kochi Resident

Likes (Received): 1322

Yes, Theri I think should collect at least 12-13 Cr in Kerala if Carnival films wants to make a profit. But our big budget films costs more than 7 crores contrary to what you said. ENM cost 13 crores and BD's and 2 countries cost 9 crores each. Out low budget films costs 3-4 crores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsjose143 View Post
This is again proving Stardom is only helping initial pulling ..In Kerala only good movies can rule in box office ..JSR and jungle book is good example.
Market value of Vijay and surya is not more than 3 core in Kerala ..Unless director should be Rajamouli or Shanker ..
Theri's Kerala Distribution rights is 5.5 core + Advertising and other expense is 2 + core ..It is really big price(Distributor going to suffer Now)..If they(Distributor) want to get back there money,movie should be run 3 weeks properly... ..Our Big star's films budget is lesser than this....
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2016, 08:02 PM   #23
Kochi Resident

Saw Jungle book today. A very nice well directed mature film. But saw only half of the movie and came out during interval since my 6 year old kid got scared. I dont know whether it is the problem with my kid but this is not a fully kids movie. There are 3D sound effects which startle you at times.

I cannot say it is the problem with my kid also since he saw avengers from his daycare and he did not have any problem and he liked the movie.
Old April 18th, 2016, 03:43 AM   #24
kochimetro

Likes (Received): 581

yes. there are scary scenes . thats why it got UA certificate. but new gen kids are smarter. they can easily go through it.
kochimetro está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2016, 03:47 AM   #25
kochimetro

the film is worldwide hit. i really admire the kid, the entire movie is on his shoulder and he done all this by talking to green boards.
Old April 18th, 2016, 06:03 AM   #26
Kochi Resident

Yes ,it is an excellent movie which has been directed very well and of course very touching also. Wish I had seen the whole movie. I will have to go once more without my kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochimetro View Post
the film is worldwide hit. i really admire the kid, the entire movie is on his shoulder and he done all this by talking to green boards.
Old April 21st, 2016, 07:53 PM   #27
Kochi Resident

One noticeable factor when Malayalam films started becoming more vibrant with young stars is that Telugu movies lost its market completely in Kerala. Tomorrow an Allu Arjun starrer Sarrainodu is releasing worldwide and in Kerala it does not have a dubbed version. As far as I know it is releasing only in PVR and Cinepolis in Kochi a total of 6 shows each. Nowhere else. Earlier Allu Arjun was fondly called 'Mallu Arjun' since all his films were dubbed in Malayalam. Now all movies except baahubali got a lukewarm response.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:40 PM   #28
Ziyan
Evergreen City of India

Likes (Received): 827

Not everyday bollywood comes up with something like this

The Gateway to India's future, Where the world meets south Asia | Technopark - India's first, largest and greenest IT Park | Kovalam - Paradise of the South,Queen of all beaches | Karyavattom Multi Purpose Stadium - First DBOT stadium in India| |World class R&D Hubs | Education and Research Hub of Kerala | Birth Place of Indian Space Programme

Welcome to Trivandrum - The Evergreen City of India
~~Best City to live in Kerala~~
Ziyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:49 PM   #29
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 7001

Predominantly shot in Kochi. The story unfolds at Aster.

Ziyan liked this post
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:58 PM   #30
Ziyan
Evergreen City of India

Likes (Received): 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayaali View Post
Predominantly shot in Kochi. The story unfolds at Aster.
Yes, very evident
I suppose the director is a malayalee (at least by birth). Wondering why she preferred to do this movie in Bollywood?
The Gateway to India's future, Where the world meets south Asia | Technopark - India's first, largest and greenest IT Park | Kovalam - Paradise of the South,Queen of all beaches | Karyavattom Multi Purpose Stadium - First DBOT stadium in India| |World class R&D Hubs | Education and Research Hub of Kerala | Birth Place of Indian Space Programme

Welcome to Trivandrum - The Evergreen City of India
~~Best City to live in Kerala~~
Ziyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2016, 07:42 AM   #31
mathewsjose143

Likes (Received): 205

This week end ,The Jungle Book is ruling Multiplex theatre in Kochi ..JSR is second position Only...
mathewsjose143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2016, 09:43 AM   #32
Kochi Resident

Both JSR and JB have their own audiences. Both are awesome movies in their own way
Old April 24th, 2016, 10:34 AM   #33
Kochi Resident

Dont know how many of you will be interested

Saw one Marathi period film on youtube which had Shankar Mahadevan in the lead named Katyar Kaljat Ghusli. This is the first Marathi film which Iam seeing in my whole life. A great masterpiece with slick production values. It moved me to tears. Great performances from all actors including the lead young actor and the two heroines though I know none of them.

And it is after a long time that an Indian film is having a musical in true sense in which you will have classical numbers every five minutes.

A film which Marathi industry can be proud of.
Old May 1st, 2016, 09:28 AM   #34
nambi83

Likes (Received): 5099

nambi83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2016, 01:58 PM   #35
Kochi Resident

Wishing the talented bipasha a happily married life! She is one of my favourite actresses. Loved her performance specially in corporate and atma
Old May 1st, 2016, 03:50 PM   #36
kochimetro

bhaagi is truly a promotion for God's own country.. Hope the film clicks..
Old May 1st, 2016, 04:01 PM   #37
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 7001

Rate if you have watched it.
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2016, 06:57 PM   #38
Kochi Resident

Tiger Shroff is a turn off.

Last edited by Kochi Resident; May 1st, 2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old May 1st, 2016, 07:03 PM   #39
Kochi Resident

Sultan's second Teaser. Anushka Sharma is the best thing to have happened to Bollywood over the last few years. I find her more talented than Deepika and second only to Priyanka.

Old May 2nd, 2016, 02:56 AM   #40
kochimetro

Usual masala movie. abduct, revenge, romance. remake of a telugu movie. But action of Tiger Shroff is very brilliant. If you are an action movie lover, definitely worth a watch .

First half is shot almost in kerala. promotes kalaripayattu. better watch when dvd is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayaali View Post

Rate if you have watched it.