search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2016, 12:47 PM   #61
Kochi Resident

Likes (Received): 1320

I loved two songs.Very pleasing to the years. Both have an Ilayaraja touch to it. I will have to watch it in youtube since Marathi films dont release here. I saw a movie named Katyar Kaljat Ghusli in youtube and enjoyed it. I heard that Sairat will be the first movie which will cross 100 Cr.

I read that the first weekend box collection of Sairat is the lifetime collection of 95% of Marathi films. Generally I read that the industry is small but this movie is exceptional.

I saw the climax in youtube which is haunting. It gave me a big shock
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:38 PM   #62
KMC

Likes (Received): 1856

soon this guy will be seen in bollywood i guess...

its set a benchmark for regional movies

Kochi Resident liked this post
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2016, 08:25 AM   #63
Kochi Resident

No need for him to go to Bollywood because Marathi films itself is growing and giving a big threat to Bollywood. I think soon this industry will soon be rubbing shoulders with the top three industries of India which are Bollywood, Tamil and Telugu not because of anything else but solely content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
soon this guy will be seen in bollywood i guess...

its set a benchmark for regional movies
Old June 12th, 2016, 06:30 PM   #64
Kochi Resident

Beautiful song!

Old June 24th, 2016, 08:07 PM   #65
Kochi Resident

Saw Udta Punjab. No words to say. A real classic which haunts even after you leave the hall. Shahid, Alia, Kareena and the new actor Diljith Dosanjh has delivered powerhouse performances.

The film entertains, makes you think and emotionally haunts you specially when the use of narcotics makes Punjabi youth blind to everything else.

I would give a rating of 4/5 .
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:42 AM   #66
kochimetro

Likes (Received): 578

Independence day. usual bla bla. Americans take the control to save the world from alien attack. most of the casts are overacting. stupid story.

btw, i enjoyed first version very much and watched few times
kochimetro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:32 AM   #67
Ziyan
Evergreen City of India

Likes (Received): 827

Manamantha Teaser

Looking really really good! This is the Mohanlal we want to see.

The Gateway to India's future, Where the world meets south Asia | Technopark - India's first, largest and greenest IT Park | Kovalam - Paradise of the South,Queen of all beaches | Karyavattom Multi Purpose Stadium - First DBOT stadium in India| |World class R&D Hubs | Education and Research Hub of Kerala | Birth Place of Indian Space Programme

Welcome to Trivandrum - The Evergreen City of India
~~Best City to live in Kerala~~

Malayaali liked this post
Ziyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:35 AM   #68
Kochi Resident

In other languages we can see more of character roles from Mohanlal be it Jilla or anything else. In another Telugu movie he is playing Unni Mukundan's father.

But in Malayalam he has got a larger than life superstar image. Still he has played Ananya's father in Shikar and similar roles in Drishyam etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziyan View Post
Looking really really good! This is the Mohanlal we want to see.

Old June 26th, 2016, 11:51 AM   #69
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 6996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
Saw Udta Punjab. No words to say. A real classic which haunts even after you leave the hall.
Rajeev Ravi did the camera.

Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 03:31 AM   #70
kochimetro

Premam is equally good as Sairait . premam got recognition only in south india. but sairat is pan India hit. we don't have anyone to promote premam in north india. i am sure premam has a global appeal.
Old June 28th, 2016, 05:58 AM   #71
Kochi Resident

Only Sairat has been a Pan India hit among Marathi films which collected 100+ crores. But in general Marathi films have a smaller market than Malayalam or for that matter any South Indian language . We should see whether this small market will grow with Sairat or that Sairat is just a one off trend. None of the movies of 2016 has crossed even 10 crore collections except two- One being Sairat and other Natsamrat.

http://www.logicalmoviereviews.com/m...ce-collection/

Not only that Bollywood has been giving heavy competition to Marathi which they have overcome over the years and stood on their own solely with the help of their content. Moreover except Sairat Marathi films run maximum in Maharashtra , Goa , Bangalore and Belgaum . They dont get 100 screens in 'Rest of India' market like how our films(Malayalam) get.

They also do not have superstars who will rake in initials like we have. Content is the 'superstar' there. Now I think Sairat hero has become a superstar. He gets mobbed where ever he goes.
Old June 28th, 2016, 06:11 AM   #72
Kochi Resident

Namitha Pramod in her first Telugu film. Very substandard trailer and very male dominated (Blink and you will miss her). Iam sure it is only money which lures these malayalam actresses to migrate to Telugu. Compared to that Tamil is better. Low budget films have good content. But for Vijay/Suriya/Vikram/Ajith superstar films it is all the same. Few songs and skin show to play romantic interest to the hero. I dont deny Malayalam films are male dominated but still there are girls like Anusree,Rima, Parvathy, Sai Pallavi, Amala Paul who have made a mark.

Old June 28th, 2016, 07:46 AM   #73
kochimetro

I have Telugu friends , Recently a telugu film called Gentleman released. Nivitha thomas was one of the heroine. Everyone saying , she done a good job and it rare telugu heroines gets such good roles.
Old June 28th, 2016, 09:30 AM   #74
Kochi Resident

Telugu offers them good money probably much more than Tamil. They are also respected more than Kollywood. That is why heroines like Shruthi hassan are more interested in working in Telugu. That is what they say in interviews.

But the roles which they are given are very stereotype barring Anushka Shetty who is lucky to get some good roles like Rudramadevi. That way Tamil is better but only for low budget films. Malayali actress Miya George is doing some low budget films in which she is getting good roles.Amala Paul did the Tamil remake of Nil Batey Sannatta in which she had title role. But the heroines in top league who usually star in big budget superstar films like Samantha or Hansika or Tamanna are glamour dolls but the payment will be comparatively much higher than these low budget projects. The girls generally need to choose between the two- either big mass masala films with big money and bigger exposure with stereotype roles with a bit of skin show OR low budget films with meaningful roles but with lesser remuneration and lesser exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochimetro View Post
I have Telugu friends , Recently a telugu film called Gentleman released. Nivitha thomas was one of the heroine. Everyone saying , she done a good job and it rare telugu heroines gets such good roles.

Last edited by Kochi Resident; June 28th, 2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old July 1st, 2016, 10:16 AM   #75
mathewsjose143

Likes (Received): 205

കബാലിയെ കേരളത്തിലെത്തിക്കുന്നത് മോഹന്*ലാല്*, അതും വമ്പന്* തുക മുടക്കി
http://malayalam.filmibeat.com/tamil...ts-028974.html
mathewsjose143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:02 PM   #76
Kochi Resident

Not a very wise move considering the last two disasters of Rajinikant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsjose143 View Post
കബാലിയെ കേരളത്തിലെത്തിക്കുന്നത് മോഹന്*ലാല്*, അതും വമ്പന്* തുക മുടക്കി
http://malayalam.filmibeat.com/tamil...ts-028974.html
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:09 PM   #77
mathewsjose143

Likes (Received): 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
Not a very wise move considering the last two disasters of Rajinikant.
you are correct.Cost is very high.
Kerala Right 8.5 cr
Now they will have to spent money for Advertising ,it will be minimum 2 cr to 3 cr.

which one is highest gross collection non Malayalam movies in Kerala? How much that collected?

Last edited by mathewsjose143; July 1st, 2016 at 12:16 PM.
mathewsjose143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:19 PM   #78
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 6996

Now you can't blame others concerning Tamil movies, Tamil influence, Lobby against Malayalam cinema blah blah.

The superstar of Malayalam cinema is promoting Tamil Cinema big time.
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:20 PM   #79
Kochi Resident

I think I/Baahubali? Not sure. Still both collected below 20 Cr.

Recent hits like Theri and 24 collected only 15 and 10 cr in Kerala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsjose143 View Post
you are correct.Cost is very high.
Kerala Right 8.5 cr
Now they will have to spent money for Advertising ,it will be minimum 2 cr to 3 cr.

which one is highest gross collection non Malayalam movies in Kerala? How much that collected?
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:59 PM   #80
Kochi Resident

Iam mainly blaming the lobbies/associations for the foul which they play for promoting Tamil movies here. I can understand if Malayalam films are not doing well.But even when our films are making good collections they promote Tamil films.

Of course there are chances that Mohanlal might burn his fingers going by the past two Rajnikanth films. Both the distributors suffered heavy losses. But since his production company is already profitable maybe one or two losses will not affect him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayaali View Post
Now you can't blame others concerning Tamil movies, Tamil influence, Lobby against Malayalam cinema blah blah.

The superstar of Malayalam cinema is promoting Tamil Cinema big time.