search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2016, 09:27 PM   #81
Kochi Resident

Likes (Received): 1322

I saw Sairat from Q cinemas where it got re released today after a two week run in PVR.My true feedback is that it is a routine love story but the gripping screenplay, direction, performances, camera, BGM and certain twists make it an interesting fare to watch.I loved the movie anyway. I would give a rating of 4/5.

The casting is so perfect that all of them look like typical villagers in North Indian villages.
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2016, 08:13 AM   #82
KMC

Likes (Received): 1859

Was there crowd for Marathi movie ...any subtitles?
KMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 08:46 AM   #83
Kochi Resident

Nope the hall was almost empty hardly 7 people. But that was expected since this is a re release after it ran in PVR Lulu for two weeks and was removed. I heard that there was a decent crowd at PVR. Of course there were subtitles .
Otherwise I would not have understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
Was there crowd for Marathi movie ...any subtitles?
Old July 2nd, 2016, 11:27 AM   #84
The Adventurer

Likes (Received): 831

Its no longer rare to see Kannada, Telugu releases in Kochi multiplexes. There are many Kannadigas and Telugu folk who work here, ...
Marathi is a first I think
The Adventurer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 07:29 PM   #85
Kochi Resident

Telugu people there are lots.I personally know many of them. But Kannada is comparatively lesser. When they have a major IT hub in their own state like Bangalore there is no need for them to come to Kochi. But there is a Kannada Sangha in panampilly nagar. Telugu people are migratory birds like us. Kannadigas prefer to stick to Karnataka. US has a huge Telugu population like we are in middle East.sairaat is the second here after the film Court. In Kochi Gujarati and Punjabi population is bigger than Marathi . Sairat should have released because of its acceptance pan India.

Still I wonder why Bengali films don't release considering the Bengali worker population. Of course not in multiplexes but in single screen theaters which are affordable for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
Its no longer rare to see Kannada, Telugu releases in Kochi multiplexes. There are many Kannadigas and Telugu folk who work here, ...
Marathi is a first I think
Old July 6th, 2016, 10:44 AM   #86
Kochi Resident

Old July 8th, 2016, 01:33 PM   #87
sree.raj

Likes (Received): 9

Guys, any reviews for Sultan ?
sree.raj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 03:22 PM   #88
psanthosh

Likes (Received): 304

How many theatres for Sultan in Kerala? I saw in Kollam town, it is released in 2 theatres whereas our superstars movie released only in 1 theatre.
psanthosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 04:34 PM   #89
Ziyan
Evergreen City of India

Likes (Received): 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree.raj View Post
Guys, any reviews for Sultan ?
I loved the movie. Beyond words for me.
The Gateway to India's future, Where the world meets south Asia | Technopark - India's first, largest and greenest IT Park | Kovalam - Paradise of the South,Queen of all beaches | Karyavattom Multi Purpose Stadium - First DBOT stadium in India| |World class R&D Hubs | Education and Research Hub of Kerala | Birth Place of Indian Space Programme

Welcome to Trivandrum - The Evergreen City of India
~~Best City to live in Kerala~~
Ziyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 08:52 PM   #90
Kochi Resident

Less than 80 screens. Bollywood films unlike Tamil do not get as much screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psanthosh View Post
How many theatres for Sultan in Kerala? I saw in Kollam town, it is released in 2 theatres whereas our superstars movie released only in 1 theatre.
Old July 8th, 2016, 08:58 PM   #91
Kochi Resident

Saw the trailer of Mohanjo daro when I went for Kasaba. Already booked for it in my mind. Looks like a visual musical treat. Hritik Roshan is an actor who has proved that age is just a number.

The movie is surely going to take you to another world

Last edited by Kochi Resident; July 8th, 2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old July 10th, 2016, 07:45 PM   #92
Kochi Resident

Very good song picturisation. But I expected better stuff from Ashutosh- ARR combo after Lagaan, Swadesh and Jodha Akbar. IMO I feel that ARR is not able to recreate the same magic which he did in 90's and early 2000's. His songs in Kandukondain,Lagaan, Minsara Kanavu, Taal, Zubeida etc were just mind blowing. Many of them like for eg.Kandukondain had a classical touch also. But I feel after he received the Oscar his tunes have been more westernized and that classical touch has been lost. In recent times not even one song has remained in my mind. Vinnaithandi varuvaya is better among the recent lot still not able to match up with his old hits.

Old July 16th, 2016, 09:14 AM   #93
Ziyan
Evergreen City of India

Likes (Received): 827

"Burning Wells" - Big Budget Movie from IV Sasi

Quote:
Cinema has always been my first love and it was really difficult for me to take such a long break. For a comeback, I was not ready to do just another film. I did around 150 films, but I always had this dream to do a film on Kuwait War, which remained only as a dream.

More than a decade back, malayalam cinema was not ready for such a huge movie. And few years back, I realised that Malayalam is never going to be a big enough platform. Then I decided to do it as my 6th film in Hindi.

Three years back, I travelled to Kuwait, met several people, heard so many true stories, read books, collected references and the journey continued. I wanted to make this movie with the finest technology available in world. After being so much involved in the subject, I had this realization that this film deserves to be watched by the maximum number of audience it can get.

Then I met Sohan Roy and shared my dream. Next morning, I got a call from him... "We're doing it!" Then we went through the same journey again! Sohan Roy is probably the only man who can understand and support such a project which demands the best technology in the world.

Today, we have reached the final stage of our scripting. I'm really excited to take the biggest step of my life... a high budget multilingual movie to be shot primarily in English, Arabic and Hindi with cast and crew from across the globe. Need all your support and blessings for "Burning Wells"
Source
The Gateway to India's future, Where the world meets south Asia | Technopark - India's first, largest and greenest IT Park | Kovalam - Paradise of the South,Queen of all beaches | Karyavattom Multi Purpose Stadium - First DBOT stadium in India| |World class R&D Hubs | Education and Research Hub of Kerala | Birth Place of Indian Space Programme

Welcome to Trivandrum - The Evergreen City of India
~~Best City to live in Kerala~~
Ziyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2016, 03:11 PM   #94
KMC

Likes (Received): 1859

Kabali Advance/Online Booking: Rajinikanth starrer Gets Earth Shattering Response on Ticket Windows -

Reportedly, all the theaters in cities*Vellore, Guntur, Warangal, Kochi & etc. are witnessing earth shattering response for the the pre-booking of Kabali. - See more at: http://boxofficecollection.in/kollyw....BMM4dCdP.dpuf
KMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 10:51 AM   #95
Kochi Resident

Continued from Malayala Chalachitra.............

We are not movie crazy state like TN. If it was then we would have also got a holiday.
Old July 20th, 2016, 03:41 PM   #96
kochimetro

Likes (Received): 581

The report says kabali has a Malayalam dubbed version . Is it true?

Last edited by kochimetro; July 20th, 2016 at 06:51 PM.
kochimetro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 04:18 PM   #97
navjot
Proud to be an Indian

Likes (Received): 1081

I don't think anyone is showing double standards here. Let's be honest: Rajini is way better than our big Ms when it comes to these kind of mass movies, arguably the best in India. His movie release is like a festival. But he is not suited to do any other kind of role. Whereas our big Ms are known for portraying a variety of different roles. There's nothing wrong if they do these kind of movies once in a while.

I do not expect kabali to have a great storyline, it'd be all about his style. But I expect it to be a good entertainer.

Since there's lot if hype around the movie, brand Rajini would take a beating if the movie gets negative reviews.

For now enjoy the kabali fever. Kabaali da!!!!
Old July 20th, 2016, 04:53 PM   #98
parthiban apk

Likes (Received): 2

Shanker's 2.o will be bigger than kabali...
parthiban apk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:47 PM   #99
Kochi Resident

Sanusha Santhosh is getting her first big break in Kannada. A big budget period film releasing on 29th based on saint kabir.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:07 AM   #100
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Likes (Received): 1650

Huge crowd seated together at the premiere of #Kabali in #GrandRex Paris, France
Welcome to the city of Malappuram, the heart of Malabar!
>>Connect in Facebook

RaufAzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote