search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:12 AM   #101
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Likes (Received): 1644

Fans of Rajnikanth includes all other stars as well, so that makes him the real 'super' star 'UY Scuti'.

Rajani Daa!!!
Welcome to the city of Malappuram, the heart of Malabar!
>>Connect in Facebook

mathewsjose143 liked this post
RaufAzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:28 AM   #102
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Kabali Que for booking tickets at Muscat, Oman.
Read people are booking for fourth day as three day tickets are already sold out.
>>Connect in Facebook

Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:18 AM   #103
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 5814

Hopefully the malayalam movies replaced for Kabali will soon come back.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:21 AM   #104
Kochi Resident

Likes (Received): 1320

Yes. The 300 odd theatre charting is only for one day. That is what I understood from other film forums. Still today AKV also did not have big removals since it was a sureshot hit. Kasaba and others were removed which will come back tommorow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
Hopefully the malayalam movies replaced for Kabali will soon come back.
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:36 AM   #105
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

I was hinting about the fate of Kabali. Heard it's a dud.

Kochi Resident, PPJ liked this post
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:51 AM   #106
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Its due to high expectation. To be frank, Rajani has already set the mark high. He has done enough of typical mass tamil movies in his earlier age, and recent movies had sci-fi contents like enthiran to solving infrastructure and development issues in Sivaji. Should his movies be any different now from already done ones, it gotta be in innovative content.
But then how far such contents can get mass applause is questionable. 24 or Ezham Arivu was way behind in collection compared to Theri or Velayudhan. You know the reason.

Anyhow most fans watch Rajani movies to see him on screen, if story is good its a bonus. And initial reviews suggest that the movie is nothing like a typical mass movie, make sense since the director is not known for such movies. Lets see.
>>Connect in Facebook

Last edited by RaufAzi; July 22nd, 2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:16 PM   #107
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

>>Connect in Facebook

Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:37 PM   #108
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Kerala audience prefer mass movies in Tamil. For class movies Malayalam makes better ones.

Kochi Resident, navjot, chennaidesi liked this post
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:38 PM   #109
Kochi Resident

I dont know whether you know the whole story. Many Malayalam film lovers have a grouse against this movie

Actually hope you read what mohd irshad(MI) wrote. The main reason being some of our films which are running well have been replaced and that too by none other than our big M, Mohanlal and Antony Perumbavoor who are distributors. 306 screens have been accomodated for this movie whereas even our superstar films struggle to get around 130 screens.

It would have been fair if our movies were not running well it should be replaced.

So many people are secretly happy when the movie got a negative/mixed W.O.M. I presume that is what Ashlesh meant in the previous post. Now the screencount will be reduced in two days and many Malayalam films will get
their screens back

In short the Tamil invasion is not a healthy trend. But as of now only Malayalam films have a long run in our state. That is an advantage which we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaufAzi View Post
Its due to high expectation. To be frank, Rajani has already set the mark high. He has done enough of typical mass tamil movies in his earlier age, and recent movies had sci-fi contents like enthiran to solving infrastructure and development issues in Sivaji. Should his movies be any different now from already done ones, it gotta be in innovative content.
But then how far such contents can get mass applause is questionable. 24 or Ezham Arivu was way behind in collection compared to Theri or Velayudhan. You know the reason.

Anyhow most fans watch Rajani movies to see him on screen, if story is good its a bonus. And initial reviews suggest that the movie is nothing like a typical mass movie, make sense since the director is not known for such movies. Lets see.

Last edited by Kochi Resident; July 22nd, 2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 12:56 PM   #110
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

I wouldn't call these invasion or anything. No body can release movies here if we dont want them. But fact is that our banners and distributors do let it happen because of money factor. If there are no viewers to non Malayalam movies of any stars be it Surya, Vikram , Vijay, no one will be interested in buying the kerala rights and release them here.

So lets just cut the crap that our people dont watch tamil movies from theater or wait for them to release in kerala. You should visit theaters when their movies gets released to see the crowd.

So what should be different for Rajanikanth when others stars of Tamil gets 200 centers here in Kerala.
I always say this, Kabali gets relased here in many screens coz the business behind it is capable of doing it.

For Malaylam movies, we havent put much effort on wide release. We too have the potential. Nivin, DQ, Prithvi etc can replicate the same and I hope in coming years it will happen. But just look Kabali, it got released worldwide simultaneously. How about many malayalam movies that dont even get a release centers inside the state like CR NO : 89 which had to screen in Government screens? Are we going to blame Kabali for that also?
Even Kabali is released in Kerala by our star's group.
>>Connect in Facebook

Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:02 PM   #111
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Waiting!!
Release on July 29.
>>Connect in Facebook

Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:04 PM   #112
Kochi Resident

But AKV and Kasaba has been running well. They removed those films and accomodated Kabali. So when everything is business here the fans of Malayalam films will naturally be happy if Kabali did not do well.

Iam not saying that Tamil stars do not have a market. They have for initial weekend. But finally it is content which succeeds here. If the content is good and if it is made in an entertaining way then the movie will get a long run be it in any language.

Quote:
I wouldn't call these invasion or anything. No body can release movies here if we dont want them. But fact is that our banners and distributors do let it happen because of money factor. If there are no viewers to non Malayalam movies of any stars be it Surya, Vikram , Vijay, no one will be interested in buying the kerala rights and release them here.

So lets just cut the crap that our people dont watch tamil movies from theater or wait for them to release in kerala. You should visit theaters when their movies gets released to see the crowd.

So what should be different for Rajanikanth when others stars of Tamil gets 200 centers here in Kerala.
I always say this, Kabali gets relased here in many screens coz the business behind it is capable of doing it.

For Malaylam movies, we havent put much effort on wide release. We too have the potential. Nivin, DQ, Prithvi etc can replicate the same and I hope in coming years it will happen. But just look Kabali, it got released worldwide simultaneously. How about many malayalam movies that dont even get a release centers inside the state like CR NO : 89 which had to screen in Government screens? Are we going to blame Kabali for that also?
Even Kabali is released in Kerala by our star's group.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:33 PM   #113
RaufAzi
Midway Activist

Anyway no point talking more about that as long as state government doesn't officially brings out restriction on other language movies in terms of screen numbers. I guess that's what prevalent in other states. But should we take the same path? May be.
>>Connect in Facebook

Old July 22nd, 2016, 02:05 PM   #114
Kochi Resident

My last post on this. What I really meant was that people who are lovers/patrons of Malayalam film industry will not be interested on why Kabali has bombed or what they should do next to prevent from flopping but instead they will be bothered only whether the Malayalam movies which have been removed will get the theatres back.

I dont think the govt will do anything for our industry.

Full stop and period! stopped with this.

Quote:
Anyway no point talking more about that as long as state government doesn't officially brings out restriction on other language movies in terms of screen numbers. I guess that's what prevalent in other states. But should we take the same path? May be.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 06:10 PM   #115
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 9819

Quote:

Actually one of the failure of Kabali, if any, could be the extreme hype (which was actually a paid campaign) it made... Remember, the last movie of Ranjini that had an excessive hype was Baba, which was excessive high in that time's standards. Whereas movies like Enthiran etc had only reasonable hype unlike the excess of it.

When expectations are skyrocketed and product comes normal, definitely it will lose ground.

I can understand TAMILIANS running behind Rajini... What about Malayalees? When did Mallus became so craze with this man? His movies were previously released in Kerala, including Manichitrazhu's crude remake Chandramukhi. Yet I haven't seen such level of frenziness or Enthiran etc... No other time, this level of bombarding has happened.

This frenziness, I guess is more of an imitation catered by Social media to make oneself feel, they are party to the festival.

And that makes this level of disappointment..... Previously, when you watch a Ranjini movie, you know the regular cliches... But here, the expectations was kept radically high and the regular cliches seems to come in as far as reviews indicate.

-----------------

The only movie, I watched and enjoyed from Ranjinikant was Dalapathy where he acted as Human character, not superhero. Even Enthiran was okay, because the main Hero Ranjini was human and there is a justification as superhero things are done by Robot, not a human.... But in others, its beyond any human logic, not worth for us by any standards.

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 07:39 PM   #116
Kochi Resident

Dalapathy is a great movie and for that matter all Mani Ratnam movies his best being Kannathil Muthamittal. I dont consider Dalapathy as Rajini movie but as a Mani Ratnam movie. I liked all his movies except Thiruda Thiruda.Though Not seen Kadal. Looking forward to his movie with Karthi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
A
-----------------

The only movie, I watched and enjoyed from Ranjinikant was Dalapathy where he acted as Human character, not superhero. Even Enthiran was okay, because the main Hero Ranjini was human and there is a justification as superhero things are done by Robot, not a human.... But in others, its beyond any human logic, not worth for us by any standards.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 08:14 PM   #117
KMC

Likes (Received): 1856

Kabaali da ...going for it tomorrow.... Size of the hype created around this is unmatched.... Can't ever imagine a Malayalam movie getting this type of hysteria....

.the outburst in theatre when he comes out of jail was shared as a video on wazzsup...Public are way too crazy...Neruppu da.

Ever in life any actor in India gets this kind of mad crowd!!!i
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 12:03 AM   #118
Vivek.Pradeep

Likes (Received): 74

Petta thalla sahikoola annaaa. . .

I had faith in Pa Ranjith, all gone now. . .

Max one week after bookings stop, all malayalam movies will be back.
Please don't waste your money on this.

Kochi Resident liked this post
Vivek.Pradeep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 04:57 AM   #119
KMC

Likes (Received): 1856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Pradeep View Post

Do you expect story in Rajnikanth movies!!!

Don't wear a critics hat and watch...just enjoy the super star and madness in theatre ...I decided to go with zero expectations.... I just wanted to experience the craziness.... I desicded to watch after seeing the video some one recorded his entry scene...it was total. Outburst.
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 06:11 AM   #120
Kochi Resident

No need to wait one week. Malayalam films are already back today. Producers and distributors also know it is only for one day. AKV and Kasaba increased shows from today at least in kochi multies.

Having said this let me be unbiased that kabali is a good movie as per some feedbacks which I heard but it is not a typical rajini film but a PA Ranjith film. So it did not appeal to his fans. This is the general feedback which I heard.

But now since you said you have lost faith in PA Ranjith iam confused now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Pradeep View Post