search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:17 AM   #121
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 6038

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
Do you expect story in Rajnikanth movies!!!

Don't wear a critics hat and watch...just enjoy the super star and madness in theatre ...I decided to go with zero expectations.... I just wanted to experience the craziness.... I desicded to watch after seeing the video some one recorded his entry scene...it was total. Outburst.
Good luck

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:51 AM   #122
kg4129

Likes (Received): 2249

Kochi Residant... Just rewind of our discussion in other threads....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
If the movie does well it will not be removed like they did not remove Moideen for Puli. And seeing the recent trend of lingaa and kochadaiyaan and after seeing kabali trailer all chances are that it will bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4129 View Post
You probably don't know about the director Ranjith (Directed only two films so for both are meant for Class not Mass) who is the captain of the Ship (Kabali)....

There are well talented newgen directors like Karthik Suburaj, Rangith, Vetrimaran, Nalan Kumarasamy, Mikshin are not much bothered about the actors but the characters.... RAJINI may be exceptional for all the directors but RANGITH is the kind of director who don't simply do film for the sack of FANS... Just watch ATTAKATHI & MADRAS both are directed by RANJITH (Premam is unofficial remake of ATAKATHI)
Quote:

Having said this let me be unbiased that kabali is a good movie as per some feedbacks which I heard but it is not a typical rajini film but a PA Ranjith film. So it did not appeal to his fans. This is the general feedback which I heard.

But now since you said you have lost faith in PA Ranjith iam confused now.
Yesterday wached "Kabali" ..Its entirly Pa. Ranjith Film...Not matching his two earlier films (Attakathi & Madras) though .. but its very surprise element for Rajini & sure to be one of his best film in his carrier...

This movie not for the die hard Rajini fans.... Watching the film with high expectation like Batcha/ Patayappa style definitely won't work here......

Some section of people hate this movie especially Pa. Ranjith Movies (talks about empowerment of dalits), used Rajini as an another Dalit icon and fought for their respect in the society as a symbol throughout this movie with many dialogues like comparing Gandhi and Ambedkar dress code, Art galaries used in the background, Photos, Rajini reading YB Satyanarayana's book "My Father Baliah, Color tone especially Dress code for many characters etc etc...

Rajini film with Zero Comedy and ZERO Heroism & No song for Hero Heroine, No magic fights - Anyone imagine in Rajini films -Yes Pa. Ranjith created HISTORY

People who don't like the Movie:

1. Majority of Dominant Hindu "Castle PRIDE"people
2. Die Hard Rajini fans
3. Masala film goers
4. People who like to watch comedy films
kg4129 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 09:35 AM   #123
Vivek.Pradeep

Likes (Received): 74

As I have already posted, Padayappa was the last Rajini movie I watched, not a fan at all.
I went because its Ranjith and Santhosh Narayanan movie.
The movie's main draw back is editing, dragged the scenes to such a point that we no longer wanted to see what's next.
I am not being a critic here , I am not qualified for that but the movie is such a painful and horrendous experience.
I know everyone wants to experience a Rajini movie in theatre, this is not worth it.
Huge hype but nothing to back it up.
Worst experience of my life.

Kochi Resident liked this post
Vivek.Pradeep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 03:10 PM   #124
Kochi Resident

Likes (Received): 1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
Good luck
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 03:23 PM   #125
KMC

Likes (Received): 1910

Watched kabaali....I loved it....
Theatre was rocking with his entry....mind you no malayalam actor will ever on earth get such a stardom...

When the prison gates open...it was deafening experience...
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 04:28 PM   #126
Kochi Resident

No Malayalam star is expecting also. We have closed that discussion. There is no need of going on poking and degrading our actors.

Quote:
..mind you no malayalam actor will ever on earth get such a stardom...
Old July 23rd, 2016, 06:26 PM   #127
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 10423

Quote:
Watched kabaali....I loved it....
Theatre was rocking with his entry....mind you no malayalam actor will ever on earth get such a stardom.....
Because Malayalee Audience are so sensible to realize that person on SCREEN is an ACTOR, not a SUPERHERO STAR

Its that realization, that created actors and stories of logic, rather than myths and worships

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED

Kochi Resident, maheshponneth liked this post
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 07:47 PM   #128
KMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
Because Malayalee Audience are so sensible to realize that person on SCREEN is an ACTOR, not a SUPERHERO STAR

Its that realization, that created actors and stories of logic, rather than myths and worships
Let's not behave like we are the most sensible people on earth... Movie is about entertainment entertainment entertainment... People who provide that becomes super star and people who follow these stars are "NOT Sensless", it's just that they love entertainment... Yes they may not be the MTs, Hariharans, or the Adoors. But common men like me....

Travancore13, Ben_Kerala liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:04 PM   #129
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 10423

Quote:
Let's not behave like we are the most sensible people on earth... Movie is about entertainment entertainment entertainment... People who provide that becomes super star and people who follow these stars are "NOT Sensless", it's just that they love entertainment... Yes they may not be the MTs, Hariharans, or the Adoors. But common men like me....
Its nothing out of the world... Just normal. They are humans who act for living, which we as audience admire and appreciate.

Last day when we were at Tokyo Bay, we happened to see Nivin and Family there. He was dining like normal and others were sitting as normal.

When he finished, a few went and took some photos and thats it...

Just imagine, in TN, Vijay or Surya or even Jai would have been surrounded with fans and people....

Now a days, we are imitating madness, which is more of imitation to be like others in this age of social media, rather serious admiration...

Tamilians or others admire their star, whole heartly and out of their own mind. Its sheer devotion, which is pure form. Its part of their culture. Whereas we don't have such sheer devotion. Respect and worship are two extremes.

Thats why Keralites voted down the evergreen heartthrob Prem Nazeer when he came to politics, while in other parts of India, similar evergreen heroes like MGR, NTR was able to come to power

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED

Kochi Resident, maheshponneth liked this post
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:07 PM   #130
Kochi Resident

If you got paisa vasool entertainment from a Tamil superstar(that movie as far as I know got negative review as an entertainer) then perfectly fine. But again why do you go on and on and degrade our stars and our movies saying that they are boring. You should have stopped with 'Kabali is an entertainer' rather than bringing our actors and movies in the discussion. Sorry for being nasty but your attitude stinks! I have noticed you in Kochi forums also. You compare Kochi with other cities and degrade Kochi and Kerala. You relocated because Kerala is a not a good place to stay in your opinion and you are staying in some city which is a heaven where everything is available. So do not just come into Kerala forums just for the sake of degrading. This is just a request. Rest is upto you.

Quote:

Last edited by Kochi Resident; July 23rd, 2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:11 PM   #131
Travancore13
Travancore

Likes (Received): 1711

Saw Kabali ... Entertaining ..
Hype is all about it... liked both the heroines -- Apte n the dotter.

Travancore13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:12 PM   #132
maheshponneth

Likes (Received): 3424

films should contain entertainment as well as story. Story should have more importance otherwise it is only an entertainment film

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag us down to their level and then beat us with experience:
Mark Twain

Visit
Thrissur4u

TRPA
waterways in Thrissur
http://riceboat.in
coconut island
kayyaloram.com

maheshponneth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:13 PM   #133
Travancore13
Travancore

Lets not blame the Tamil audience...Remember Harikrishanans ???

How sad a "Mega Hit" was that ?

Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:15 PM   #134
Kochi Resident

We have not gone to any crazy limits like building a temple like they built for Khushboo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post

Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:19 PM   #135
KMC

Quote:
If you got paisa vasool entertainment from a Tamil superstar(that movie as far as I know got negative review as an entertainer) then perfectly fine. But again why do you go on and on and degrade our stars and our movies saying that they are boring. You should have stopped with 'Kabali is an entertainer' rather than bringing our actors and movies in the discussion. Sorry for being nasty but your attitude stinks! I have noticed you in Kochi forums also. You compare Kochi with other cities and degrade Kochi and Kerala. You relocated because Kerala is a not a good place to stay in your opinion and you are staying in some city which is a heaven where everything is available. So do not just come into Kerala forums just for the sake of degrading.
Why you get itched with facts...

Its a fact that Rajnikanth is a Super Mega star and no one in Malayalam can ever match his stardom....let's accept that fact...I may have difference of opinion with tamilians on Mullaperiyar... But that doesn't stop me from enjoying "Kabaali da.." Let's appreciate facts.

It's a fact that Kochi is a small city..what's wrong in it....Tendulkar is a short person, does that make him less important?

Why can't we accept facts when it's told on face...

navjot, Ben_Kerala liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:29 PM   #136
Travancore13
Travancore

For Kabali, atleast i thougth the Editing could have been better !

They should have included few more slow motion stills, repeated "Kabaali da" randomly etc...few "matrix" style bullet shots etc....thats all about

Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:35 PM   #137
Kochi Resident

Agreed and nobody expects them to match his stardom. But why go on and on on that? IMO our industry has made good entertainers without the help of buffoonery. Bangalore days and Premam being examples. But I agree there will not be a mass hysteria like Telugu or Tamil superstars because our people are like that.

Quote:
no one in Malayalam can ever match his stardom....
Because there is no truth in it.Again small and big are comparitive. It may be very very small when compared to Mumbai or Bangalore or Chennai. It is not a 'leader' in my opinion but has every quality to be a 'challenger' Small cities means in my opinion Tier III cities and Kochi is high above them
Quote:
It's a fact that Kochi is a small city..what's wrong in it....Tendulkar is a short person, does that make him less importan
t?
Old July 23rd, 2016, 08:41 PM   #138
Kochi Resident

Daughter was the one who gained all appreciation than Radhika Apte. Her name is Dhansika . General review of Radhika Apte was that she looked like a model for Kanchipuram sarees. Anyway a good break for her when she normally does low budget movies and short films like Ahalya. It will be a first for her in such a large canvas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travancore13 View Post
Saw Kabali ... Entertaining ..
Hype is all about it... liked both the heroines -- Apte n the dotter.
Old July 23rd, 2016, 10:02 PM   #139
Vivek.Pradeep

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Why you get itched with facts...

Its a fact that Rajnikanth is a Super Mega star and no one in Malayalam can ever match his stardom....let's accept that fact...I may have difference of opinion with tamilians on Mullaperiyar... But that doesn't stop me from enjoying "Kabaali da.." Let's appreciate facts.

It's a fact that Kochi is a small city..what's wrong in it....Tendulkar is a short person, does that make him less important?

Why can't we accept facts when it's told on face...
Facts ??

He had his glory days, He was a superstar, okay maybe now he still is but times have changed.
people want more realistic movies and subtle acting, atleast that's what I want.
What you called entertainment was utterly boring and at some parts stultifying for me.

Kabali in short : First 10 mins good intro
Radhika Apte and Dhansika were good.
that's all.

I had goosebumps when i first heard Neruppu da song, By the time the movie finished I would've puked If i heard it again because they over used it.
Good to see almost all the actors from Madras again in this movie.

Vivek.Pradeep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 10:24 PM   #140
KMC

Person like me can't stand movies like thanmatra, pranayam, or movies in similar category... These are very good critically acclaimed movies....but it's just that people have different tastes....2.30 hours I spend in theatre should not be for "Thinking".... For me that 2.30 hrs is for "enjoyment"....I like movies like 2 countries, AAA, ENM....but didn't had guts to watch movie pathemaari...

But people Ike me are more in majority...

It's all about tastes...I don't wear buddhi jeevi hat and watch movies and look for intriguing stories inside it....Again it's ones choice about what he looks in a movie.