search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2007, 07:20 AM   #21
sakrishna
BANNED

POONJAR PALACE

Located in the Meenachil taluk of Kottayam District, Poonjar Palace is a scintillating evidence of the magnificent and royal collection of the rich past of this place. The palace has an amazing collection of royal antiques like palanquin, weapons of warfare, grand chandeliers, jewel boxes and beautiful sculptures of Nataraja (dancing pose of Lord Shiva). In Kottayam, Poonjar Palace is a popular haunt among tourists and the palace never fails to fascinate people.

The walls of this temple are beautifully decorated with sculptures and carvings that depict scenes from the ancient Puranas. A stunning replica of the famous Madurai Meenakshi temple is built right next to this palace and worth a visit. The most amazing sculpture over here is the Chuttuvilakku or rock cut lamps that stand majestically in a row. This is a rare sight in India and is worth a watch. The palace also has a conch that is taken out once in a year for traditional rituals. It is truly a magnificent place to visit and will give you an idea of the glorious past of Kottayam.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #22
sakrishna
BANNED

Hotel windsor Castle and Lake Village Resorts
at kodimatha
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #23
sakrishna
BANNED

BCG Mars
near kanjikkuzhi
Old June 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #24
sakrishna
BANNED

HOTEL ARCADIA
T.B.Road
Old June 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #25
sakrishna
BANNED

MUTHOOT CROWN PLAZA shopping mall
T.B.Road
Old June 4th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #26
sakrishna
BANNED

inside a villa, TAJ GARDEN RETREAT,KUMARAKOM
Old June 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #27
sakrishna
BANNED

MGOCSM CHAIROS CENTENARY APARTMENTS
14 floors
C.M.S. college road
Old June 5th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #28
sakrishna
BANNED

CHAIROS CENTENARY PLAZA
Old June 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #29
sakrishna
BANNED

SKYLINE OXFORD APARTMENTS
NH 220 (K.K.Road)
Old June 6th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #30
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 2936

good work sakrishna.....
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #31
sakrishna
BANNED

SKYLINE BUILDERS PEARL APARTMENTS
PROJECT SCRAPED!!!!!!!!

15 floors
annankunnu road, near C.M.S college

Last edited by sakrishna; January 20th, 2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:44 PM   #32
sakrishna
BANNED

SKYLINE BUILDERS PALMS APARTMENTS
PROJECT SCRAPED!!!!!!!!

Block 1 - 20 floors
Block 2 - 19 floors
at Kanjikkuzhy

Last edited by sakrishna; January 20th, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #33
dr_know
Esto vida es uno manera

Likes (Received): 10

Foundation stone laid for the unique and innovative project

(Dated Jan 07)

Kottayam: An inland port and container terminal, India’s first such project, to be implemented as a Public-Private Participation (PPP) effort, is to come up in Nattakom here, at a cost of Rs. 9.5 Cr. The foundation stone for the unique and innovative project was formally laid by Sri. Elamaram Kareem, Hon’ble Minister-Industries, on December 11, 2006. Being built with the active support of KINFRA, the nodal agency in Kerala for the Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India, the Kottayam Port project is a joint venture enterprise of the Govt. of Kerala (49%) and the Kottayam Port & Container Terminal Services (KPACT) Pvt. Ltd. (51%), and is promoted by the South Indian Chamber of Ccommerce & Industry. State Legislators, Sri. V.N. Vasavan and Sri. Thomas Chazhikadan, and MDKINFRA, Sri. A.S. Suresh Babu were among those who spoke at the stone lying function. Sri. Wilson Jacob, is the Managing Director of KPACT. “Located at a vantage point on the banks of river Kottar as it joins the Vembanad Lake, this new project will make it possible to move cargo through inland waterways at incredibly low costs”, MD Willson Jacob told KINFRA News. “Cargo vessels carrying the hill produces of the districts of Kottayam Pathanamthitta, and Idukki will pass through Kumarakom, Thanneermukkom and Vaikkom over the Vembanad waters to reach the barge terminal in the Cochin Port.” Each barge is slated to carry ten containers. Cochin Port Trust has agreed to provide ramp jetty facility for the docking of the barges from Kottayam Port. Most modern infrastructure facilities including a 40,000 Sft. warehouse and on-line tracking of cargo movement will, hopefully, help enhance the export potential of cash crops and other specialties from the region to reach the global market with a competitive edge.

Karl Kraus
dr_know no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #34
sakrishna
BANNED

HOTEL ARCADIA, T.B.Road
© mike_bsingh

K.K.ROAD (NH 220)
© getgopi1
Old June 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #35
sakrishna
BANNED

I Think Kottayam Boom Is Over

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO FRIENDS,
WELL WISHERS AND ADMIRERS OF KOTTAYAM,
TANX FOR UR SUPPORT.
I THINK CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES ARE FINDING IT HARD TO SELL OUT THEIR PROPERTIES IN KOTTAYAM.........
BEING A KOTTAYAMITE, IT IS REALLY A SAD THING FOR ME THAT PROPERTY BOOM IS FINNALLY COMING TO AN END.......REALLY A SAD END.......
NO ONE IS SHOWING ANY INTEREST IN KOTTAYAM.........THE LOCAL BODIES,
LOCAL MLAs, or MPs, or EVEN THE GOVERNMENT AND OOMMEN CHANDY (MLA OF PUTHUPALLY CONSTITUENCY, FORMER CM OF KERALA),........except . V.N. VASAVAN MLA....ITS ONLY HE WHO SHOWED SOME INTEREST IN KOTTAYAM's DEVELOPMENT....KUDOS TO HIM.

IS THERE ANYTHING IN KOTTAYAM FOR KOTTAYAMITES TO BE PROUD OF?

IT WAS, IS AND WILL BE NEGELECTED ALWAYS......NO MATTER WHICH EVER POLITICAL PARTY IS IN POWER....
EVEN THE PROPOSED FLY-OVER PROJECT WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN A RELIEF FOR KOTTAYAM'S TRAFFIC PROBLEMS MAY NOT SEE THE LIGHT OF REALITY.....
PEOPLE SAY THAT KOTTAYAM DISTRICT IS REALLY NOT WORTH VISITING....
TANX TO THE ATTITUDE OF GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE PLAYERS......THERE IS NOT MUCH SCOPE FOR ENTERTAINMENT IN KOTTAYAM DISTRICT.....
NO BEAUTIFUL GARDENS, NO
ALREADY INDUSTRIALLY DEVELOPED DISTRICTS LIKE ERNAKULAM ,TRIVANDRUM, PALAKKAD, KANNUR ETC ARE GETTING THE ATTENTION OF GOVERNMENT FREQUENTLY....
EVEN THE SMART CITY PROJECT MAY NOT HELP KOTTAYAM DISTRICT IN ANY WAY.....
ITs EFFECT WILL BE SEEN IN ALLEPPEY AND TRICHUR DISTRICTS.BUT CERTAINLY NOT IN KOTTAYAM DISTRICT.............
KOTTAYAM IS AN IDEAL LOCATION FOR AIRPORT...BUT........
IF CITIES LIKE BANGALORE, HYDERABAD AND DELHI CAN DEVELOP (WHICH DON'T HAVE AND CAN'T HOPE FOR HARBOURS,), KOTTAYAM CAN DEVELOP, BUT WHO'LL TAKE THE INITIATIVE........

DISTRICT PROJECT
--------- ----------
1.ERNAKULAM SMART CITY, BIOTECH PARK, CONTAINER TERMINAL etc....
2.TRIVANDRUM IIST,IISER, VIZHINJAM PORT, TECHNO CITY LOTS OF DEVELOPMENT WORK TO BE IMPLEMENTED @ MEDICAL COLLEGE
3.CALICUT KNOWLEDGE PARK, IT PARK, TOWNSHIP etc.
DEVELOPMENT OF CALICUT PORT
4.KANNUR AIRPORT, FASHION INSTITUTE (NIFD), DEVELOPMENT OF KANNUR PORT
5.ALLEPPEY RAIL COACH FACTORY, IT PARK IN CHERTHALA etc., DEVELOPMENT OF ALAPPUZHA PORT, NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE
6. KASARAGOD INDUSTRIAL PARK, AMUSEMENT PARK etc.
7. PALAKKAD NEW ENGG. COLLEGE, IT PARK, WIND MILL PROJECT etc.
8. IDUKKI SPICES PARK, WIND MILL PROJECT.....
9. PATHANAMTHITTA AIRPORT AT ARANMULLA, RUBBER PARK AT RANNI...
10. WAYANAD INDUSTRIAL PARK, new projects for TOURISM DEVELPOMENT
11. KOLLAM DEVELOPMENT OF KOLLAM PORT AT AN ESTIMATED COST OF 200 crores, EMU FOR RUNNING SUBURBAN TRAINS
BUDGET HOTEL NEAR KOLLAM RAILWAY STATION
12. TRICHUR KNOWLEDGE PARK, SOBHA GROUP HI TECH TOWNSHIP, LULU CONVENTION CENTRE, NEW MALLS etc.
13. MALAPPURAM NEW ENGG INSTITUTE, GURUVAYOOR TANUR RAILWAY LINE etc.

14. THE GREAT KOTTAYAM ( OR NOT SO GREAT)
ECO CITY PROJECT - HAS COME TO A HAULT
ICRTC BUDGET HOTEL - CANCELLED
FLY OVER PROJECT - NOT GIVEN GREEN SIGNAL BY THE PWD MINISTER
MINI APPAREL PARK AT KIDANGOOR - STILL TO BE APPROVED
KINFRA SPECIAL EXPORT ZONE - ?????????
KOTTAYAM ERUMELI RAILWAY LINE - CANCELLED
KOTTAYAM MADURAI RAILWAY LINE- ???????
INLAND PORT - just worth 9 crore Rs
GARDEN CITY - THIS PROJECT CAME TO AN END WITH THE LAYING OF FOUNDATION STONE
IN SHORT- KOTTAYAM IS ALSO THE LAND OF FOUNDATION STONES.

LET's WAIT AND WATCH.....

Last edited by sakrishna; May 6th, 2014 at 02:32 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:10 PM   #36
robin_a_p
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 808

Hi Krishna...
Quote:
I THINK CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES ARE FINDING IT HARD TO SELL OUT THEIR PROPERTIES IN KOTTAYAM
Is this real... or something that u assumed... what are the reasons u have come to such a conclusion???

I personally feel the proposed airport in aranmula shud be somewhere near chenganassery, thiruvalla... ie.. around 30 kms from kottayam.. that will ensure the overall development of kottayam and pathanamthitta district
robin_a_p no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #37
franclin

Likes (Received): 20

Kottayam development

Krishna, I thought, Kottayam is ahead of Thrissur in terms of economic growth becuase of political clout you have. On the contrary, you ridicule them. Can you post more photos of Kottayam and neighbouring towns please.
franclin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #38
binoj-viswam
kollambinoj

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franclin View Post
Krishna, I thought, Kottayam is ahead of Thrissur in terms of economic growth becuase of political clout you have. On the contrary, you ridicule them. Can you post more photos of Kottayam and neighbouring towns please.
I am not sure abt this. But Govt shud look beyond TVm or Kochi. Kottayam can b developed a hub of Rubber based industries. I think private parties shud b invited set up Radio/TV channels. After all its the news capital of kerala.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakrishna View Post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. KOLLAM DEVELOPMENT OF KOLLAM PORT AT AN ESTIMATED COST OF 200 crores, EMU FOR RUNNING SUBURBAN TRAINS
BUDGET HOTEL NEAR KOLLAM RAILWAY STATION
13. MALAPPURAM NEW ENGG INSTITUTE, GURUVAYOOR TANUR RAILWAY LINE etc.

I think u added couple prjoects under Kollam, malappuram etc. i think its nothing but just inititives . Nothing is going to happen. Atleast u have posted imgs of some Apartments here. In kollam there are no apartments . its a city Govt shud have taken initiatives for setting up Minimg/cashew based industries there. .....Kollam now a days look like a dustbin. so u dot have to worry
binoj-viswam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #39
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1130

- Sakrishna: Don't get dejected buddy. Kottayam will surely get its fair share of development soon. As of now, like all the smaller cities in Kerala it lacks the critical mass to trigger a development boom in sectors like IT or manufacturing. It is also in comparitive proximity to the major cities of Trivandrum and Cochin.

For example, most of the real estate demand of Kottayam's population ends up in Cochin. The other day, a friend of mine working in the real estate field in Cochin told me that a major portion of demand for flats in Cochin come from NRIs based in Kottayam, Thiruvalla etc. Also, since more facilities are available in Trivandrum and Cochin, some of the younger generation prefer to settle there. Kottayam also missed the bus in terms of the tourism at Kumarakom. Cochin remained the portal and Kottayam couldn't attract the tourists to the city itself.

Things could be changing though. I think a lot of new real estate projects are coming to Kottayam. There can be no comparison of the absolute numbers with those in Trivandrum and Cochin as the latter are much bigger in terms of size and population. The Govt. is also planning to set up smaller versions of Technopark in all districts. With its superb human resource base and good connectivity to the two international airports, I am sure Kottayam will be one of the first on the list. An international consultant has already been appointed to study the project in detail.

I think we should be optimistic about the city's prospects. I have not been to Kottayam often, but I have felt it is an affluent and cultured place and that it has great potential in the next 5-10 years. With a bit of luck and vision, Kottayam could be another Pune, Gurgaon or Mysore.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #40
binoj-viswam
kollambinoj

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
- Sakrishna:
I think we should be optimistic about the city's prospects. I have not been to Kottayam often, but I have felt it is an affluent and cultured place and that it has great potential in the next 5-10 years. With a bit of luck and vision, Kottayam could be another Pune, Gurgaon or Mysore.
U have forgotten an important point... thats the support of the state GOVT. in the present scenario that looks bleak...
binoj-viswam no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
kottayam