search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2007, 08:39 AM   #41
binoj-viswam
kollambinoj

Likes (Received): 0

Hello sai,
There is Software company based in KTM called ccs. do u have any snaps of their dev center?
binoj-viswam no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #42
sakrishna
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by franclin View Post
Krishna, I thought, Kottayam is ahead of Thrissur in terms of economic growth becuase of political clout you have. On the contrary, you ridicule them. Can you post more photos of Kottayam and neighbouring towns please.
These are some of the photos of places in KOTTAYAM DISTRICT.
these are not taken by me since i don't have a digicam or mobile fone with cam.
these r taken from different websites like flickr etc. i'm just posting them here for the members of skyscrapercity.(HOPE THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THESE PHOTOS WON'T FILE CASE AGAINST ME.lols.)
------------------------------------------------------------------
BEAUTIFUL KOTTAYAM
------------------------------------------------------------------
KALLARA, KOTTAYAM- located about 20kms northwest of kottayam town. it's also an upcoming tourist destination and is famous for it's backwaters etc. like kumarakom.

KUMARAKOM LAKE RESORT, KUMARAKOM, KOTTAYAM

VEMBANAD LAKE

ILAVEEZHAPOONCHIRA( VALLEY WHERE LEAVES DON'T FALL)
----------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS AN ENCHANTING HILL STATION SITUATED IN THE MEENACHIL TALUK OF KOTTAYAM DISTRICT, 55KMS FROM KOTTAYAM TOWN.

A VILLA OF RADISON PLAZA RESORT, KUMARAKOM, 15 KMS FROM KOTTAYAM RAILWAY STATION AND 15 KMS FROM KSRTC BUS STAND.
RADISSON PLAZA IS THE FIRST PROJECT IN KERALA TO GET FIVE STAR DELUXE STATUS IN THE FIRST YEAR OF OPERATION.

FISHING POINT, RADISON PLAZA RESORT

RADISON PLAZA RESORT - PANORAMIC VIEW

INSIDE A VILLA, RADISON PLAZA RESORT

THIRUNAKKARA SHIVA TEMPLE, LOCATED IN THE HEART OF KOTTAYAM TOWN

A HOUSEBOAT ON VEMBANAD LAKE, NEAR KUMARAKOM

VAIKOM MAHADEVA TEMPLE, SITUATED AT VAIKOM, VAIKOM TALUK, KOTTAYAM DISTRICT,40 KMS NORTH-WEST OF KOTTAYAM TOWN

Last edited by sakrishna; August 5th, 2007 at 06:03 PM.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #43
sakrishna
BANNED

A BREATHTAKING VIEW OF KUMARAKOM LAKE RESORT

SOME RESORT IN KUMARAKOM

KOTTAYAM TOWN
The white building seen in the picture is kottayam municipality's building.
Old August 6th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #44
sudheeshnairs

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakrishna View Post
these r taken from different websites like flickr etc. i'm just posting them here for the members of skyscrapercity.(HOPE THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THESE PHOTOS WON'T FILE CASE AGAINST ME.lols.)
What you have to do is to give 'credits to the photographer'. Just put 'Photo Courtesy: x'.
sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #45
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 3037

sakrishna.....good effort man.....keep it up....
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #46
binoj-viswam
kollambinoj

Likes (Received): 0

Kottayam emerges as one of the top credit consumer DT in the country

NEW DELHI: Move over north India, often thought of as conservative and credit-averse south Indians are taking top slot across loan categories — from home, auto to consumer durables.

Chennai district tops in per capita housing loans (Rs 22,937) while Bangalore does it in absolute terms (Rs 14,222 crore). As many as eight south Indian districts figure prominently in the list of top ten credit consuming districts in the country.

Besides Chennai and Bangalore, other credit-friendly districts from the south include Hyderabad, Ernakulam, Pathanamthitta, Coimbatore, Kottayam and Thiruvananthapuram These are the findings of Indian Financial Scape — A District Profile 2005-6, a recent study by New Delhi-based research firm Indicus Analytics, exclusively made available to ET.

In absolute terms, Chennai takes second spot mopping up housing credit of Rs 10,328 crore with Hyderabad at number three (Rs 7,304-crore). On per capita basis, Bangalore ranks third (Rs 19,292) after Chandigarh (Rs 22,406). As many as five south Indian districts have made a mark in top-ten per capita home loan roster, besides Chennai and Bangalore, Hyderabad is at number four (Rs 17,692), Bangalore rural at seven (Rs 8,861) and Ernakulam at rank eight (Rs 8,059).

In north India, only Chandigarh and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida) make the grade in the per capita top ten in home loans. Interestingly, though both these north Indian districts have done well on per capita basis (all India rank two and five), they drop to rank eighth and 10th places respectively on absolute size of their home loan markets. The other districts that have found their way in the home loan top ten list include Kolkata, Sindhudurg, Pune on per capita basis and Pune, Kolkata, Jaipur and Thane on market size.

When it comes to retail consumer credit, which includes auto and durable loans, South India makes a much stronger statement, with seven of the top ten districts, on both per capita as well as total market size, from southern states. Chennai, Bangalore and Kottayam emerge as the top three districts here, with per capita credit of Rs 648, Rs 454 and Rs 328 respectively. The others from south include Hyderabad (Rs 274), Thiruvananthpuram (Rs 267), Ernakulam (Rs 240) and Pathanamthitta (Rs 215). The only non-southern centres that figure in the list of top ten credit consuming districts include Tripura (Rs 325), Kolkata (Rs 288) and Srinagar (Rs 271).

Chennai and Bangalore simply swap places in the top ten list on retail consumer credit market size. Bangaloreans emerge as the top consumers here with the district mopping up Rs 334 crore on auto & durable loans, followed by Chennai (Rs 292-crore) and Kolkata at number three (Rs 134 crore).
binoj-viswam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:23 PM   #47
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 6045

Ingane pedichalo krishna. I have seen that place (last pic) several times although i have never visited kottayam.
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #48
sakrishna
BANNED

SOME OLD PROJECTS (U/C or COMPLETED or NEARING COMPLETION)

CHANDY'S HOMES CHEER SQUARE APARTMENTS, NEAR KUMARANALLOOR

WEXCO HARWARD HEIGHTS, KALATHIPPADY

WEXCO WOODSTOCK PHASE 1 AND 2, ADICHIRA JUNCTION, NEAR KOTTAYAM MEDICAL COLLEGE

WEXCO RIVERINE VILLAS, GANDHINAGAR, NEAR KOTTAYAM MEDICAL COLLEGE

WEXCO OLIVE YARD, PUTHANAGADI

WEXCO BROOK FIELD VILLAS PHASE I AND II

WEXCO WEST BROOK PHASE I, PUTHANANGADI

WEXCO WEST BROOK PHASE II, PUTHANANGADI

GOLDEN ENCLAVE APARTMENTS, KANJIKKUZHY

JEWEL HOMES FORTUNE PALACE, VARISSERIL JUNCTION

CAPITAL PROPERTIES PARADISE VILLAS, NEAR KOTTAYAM MEDICAL COLLEGE

IVORY HEIGHTS VILLAS, NEAR RUBBER RESEARCH INSTITUTE

JEWEL SONATA HARMONY, KANJIKKUZHY, KOTTAYAM

JEWEL SONATA MELODY, KANJIKKUZHY

JEWEL SYMPHONY

THANNICKAL CONSTRUCTIONS - CRYSTAL APARTMENTS KALLUPALAM HILL RESIDENCY, CHALUKUNNU

DESIRE HOMES CARAVONICA, YWCA ROAD

DESIRE SUPREME

NEELETTU-TRIADE NAKSHATHRA APARTMENTS, NEAR RUBBER BOARD OF INDIA HEADQUARTERS

Last edited by sakrishna; August 30th, 2007 at 05:42 AM.
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #49
sakrishna
BANNED

CASTLE HOMES - LAVENDER MEADOWS

Last edited by sakrishna; August 24th, 2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #50
sakrishna
BANNED

TRIADE CENTRE POINT SHOPPING COMPLEX @ KANJIKKUZHI

TRIADE CINCO GARDENS, KANJIKKUZHY

Last edited by sakrishna; August 24th, 2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #51
sakrishna
BANNED

JEWEL HOMES - WATER LILLY, 15 storeyed, @ NAGAMPADOM
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #52
sakrishna
BANNED

SREE GOKULAM - SPRING TOWER
15 soreyed, @ Kanjikkuzhy
This is their 1st housing project.
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #53
sakrishna
BANNED

SHELTRES - COPPER COUNTY VILLAS @ VADAVATHOOR
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:21 AM   #54
sakrishna
BANNED

Aegis Builders Perch Hillside luxury villas
1.5 kms from M.C. Road, 4 kms from kanjikkuzhy junction

Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:13 AM   #55
rajkrish
Trivandrum

Likes (Received): 1878

Good work Sakrishna. I never thought Kottayam had these many stunning projects.
rajkrish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM   #56
sakrishna
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkrish View Post
Good work Sakrishna. I never thought Kottayam had these many stunning projects.
Tanx Rajkrish.
most of these projects are by kottayam based developers.
but i don't know exactly what is keeping the property boom in kottayam. so far no single mega project has been announced for kottayam district by the kerala government. kottayam despite the district with highest literacy in india and having state's 1st college (CMS college) ,doesn't have any educational institution of national importance.i wish IIT should come up in kottayam.it'll be a tribute to the land of letters.

actually the apartment and villa trend in kottayam was started by skyline builders few years back.
but the momentum gaine in the recent past.But there are not much employment generating industrie etc. in kottayam.so i wonder whether this boom will continue and the builders willl be able to sell out their villas/flats.
very soon i'll post photos of some old projects(completed/under construction etc) and projects launched 1 or 2 years back.

There are many unexplored places in kottayam districts which even i've not seen.i'll visit those places someday this year and post snaps of those places.

Last edited by sakrishna; September 2nd, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:57 AM   #57
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Quote:
i don't know exactly what is keeping the property boom in kottayam
NRI money....then wat sakrishna.....
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:17 PM   #58
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 6045

Yes. Thats what we said in palakkad thread. Do you think its IT professionals who buy the flats near Infopark and Technopark. Majority is bought by NRIs only. I saw a bangalore based blogger worrying "Who is buying flats and villas like apples and tomatoes?". He himself found the answer. Its NRIs only.
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #59
sanjupalayat
Calicut

I think on that we will hav to refer to our mod, as he is into this business... heard that 60 to 70% of booking in skyline cyber palms came from techi's working in technopark...and not NRI's......mod plz respond to this.....
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #60
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjupalayat View Post
I think on that we will hav to refer to our mod, as he is into this business... heard that 60 to 70% of booking in skyline cyber palms came from techi's working in technopark...and not NRI's......mod plz respond to this.....
You are spot on, Sanju. A very significant proportion of the units in apartment projects around Technopark are being bought by IT professionals. With close to 20,000 people already working in the Park, places to stay are in short supply. Quite a few of my friends who work in Infy, TCS and so on have booked apartments around Technopark, including at Cyber Palms.

So, unlike other areas, where the flat bookings are driven by NRI money and investments, with the apartments themselves remaining unoccupied for long, I will not be surprised to see a very high occupancy rate for the dozens of highrises coming up around Technopark.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
kottayam