search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 19th, 2007, 05:40 AM   #121
sakrishna
BANNED

WEXCO MELFORD PARK APARTMENTS @ PUTHENANGADI

WEXCO BERRINGTON MANOR @ KALATHIPADY, OFF K.K. ROAD (NH 220)

WEXCO URBAN TURFS LUXURY VILLAS @ CARITAS, OFF M.C. ROAD
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #122
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 2956

good ones there....
sanjupalayat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #123
skumarvclt
Satheesh Kumar

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakrishna View Post

Manorama fools........they have no plan to start radio mango in kottayam.
i think they have forgotten the fact that kottayam is their home district.......
i thought only the kerala government is neglecting kottayam...
now even kottayamites are neglecting kottayam..........
There is no scop for neglect ,Its about approval , Mathrubhumi's Club FM has no station in Calicut , we all know Kozhikode is there home, i think monorama & mathrubhumi will be very sad not to start from home.

Success belongs to those persons who believe in the beauty of their dreamz
skumarvclt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2007, 03:27 PM   #124
sakrishna
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumarvclt View Post
There is no scop for neglect ,Its about approval , Mathrubhumi's Club FM has no station in Calicut , we all know Kozhikode is there home, i think monorama & mathrubhumi will be very sad not to start from home.
Tanx Mr.Skumar for that information. I got to know abt that a bit late.I got agitated bcoz not even one radio staion is gonna come up in kottayam in the near future, kottayam despite being an important place in kerala.
But as i mentioned earlier, they can do something for KTM's development. After all, it is a 'CASH RICH' group.
eg:- A domestic airport in kottayam

Last edited by sakrishna; October 25th, 2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2007, 05:30 AM   #125
sakrishna
BANNED

Le Ameigo Homes @ Caritas, near Ettumanoor

NTP Builders Lords Court Villas near Ettumanoor

Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:10 AM   #126
skumarvclt
Satheesh Kumar

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Tanx Mr.Skumar for that information. I got to know abt that a bit late.I got agitated bcoz not even one radio staion is gonna come up in kottayam in the near future, kottayam despite being an important place in kerala.
I've respect for manorama group. But as i mentioned earlier, they can do something for KTM's development. After all, it is a 'CASH RICH' group.
eg:- A domestic airport in kottayam and i won't have any problem even if they name the airport after 'K.M. Mathew'.

Dont be afriad Mr. Saikrishna, Kottayam Has a rich culture, no one can say nothing about it, it is only city in kerala with largest pulications, there is a lot of publications houses in and arround kottayam, also it is well known tourist destination, i think Kottayam desrves the Corporation Status , be happy man

Success belongs to those persons who believe in the beauty of their dreamz
skumarvclt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #127
sakrishna
BANNED

Kottayam Construction Company - City Heights near Earayilkadavu and Kodoor river

Last edited by sakrishna; December 28th, 2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #128
sakrishna
BANNED

HOME BASICS - SERENE HILLS APARTMENTS @ DEVALOKAM
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #129
sakrishna
BANNED

SOME STILLS FROM 25th AKHILA BHARATHA BHAGAVATHA SATHRAM HELD @ KURICHITHANAM POOTHRIKOVIL SHRI MAHAVISHNU TEMPLE (FROM 23rd DEC - 30 DEC 2007)

SATHRAVEDI

THE AUDIENCE

TEMPLE VIEWS

Last edited by sakrishna; May 7th, 2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old December 30th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #130
sakrishna
BANNED

BEAUTIFUL KOTTAYAM

Hotel Orchid Residency, Pulimood junction
Photo copyright:unknown

Amal Jyothi Engineering College, Kanjirappalli
Photo Source: http://www.amaljyothi.com

Hotel Windsor Castle and Lake Village Heritage Resort @ KodimathaPhotocopyright:unknown

Ilaveezhapoonchira (The valley where leaves don't fall)
The beautiful valley of Ilaveezhapoonchira spreads across thousands of acres and is situated in the Meenachil Taluk of Kottayam district. Located at the foot of the hillocks of Mankunnu, Kudayathur Hill and Thonippara near Kanjar, Ilaveezhapoonchira has no trees, and is literally a place where leaves do not fall. This is because the valley fills up into a lake during the monsoons.
The surrounding hillocks, each rising to about 3200 ft, make this place an ideal spot for trekking. During the monsoons the place has an entirely different ambience and offers gorgeous views of both sunrise and sunset.

For the sake of the tourists, a tourist bungalow with rooms and dormitory to accommodate 15 people has been constructed. The other tourist spots are Thommankuthu Falls, Muruganmala,Thangalpara,Kurisumala, Vagamon, Marumala and waterfalls of Pazhukkakanam.

Ilaveezhapoonchira is 55 km from Kottayam.Buses ply from Pala and Erattupetta. A DTPC rest house in the vicinity offers comfortable accommodation. Kottayam Railway Station is the nearest railway station.

Photocopyright:unknown

Last edited by sakrishna; December 30th, 2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:55 AM   #131
sakrishna
BANNED

Rakeen+Trimex=Rakindo in Kumarakom

Quote:
Rakeen, Trimex form JV company for real estate projects
New Delhi | Monday, Dec 3 2007 IST

Rakeen, a West Asia-based real estate company, today said it has tied up with Chennai-based Trimex Group to form a joint venture company to develop residential, commercial and office space in the country at an investment of five billion dollars in the next five years.

The JV company, Rakindo Developers Pvt Ltd, intends to develop in the next seven years on a conservative basis 50 million square feet of real estate space. It will develop integrated townships as there is a "strong need to develop such townships outside existing cities," said Rakindo Managing Director Prasad Koneru.

The company is actively looking at tier II cities in South India and its first project will be the Coimbatore Township and IT SEZ at an investment of around 1.5 billion dollars. The development of this project will be across 800 acres of land and the first phase will see the development of 600 acres.

Rakindo plans to raise its capital through equity and debt from domestic markets.

Rakeen has already invested 100 million dollars towards the new company and will bring in additional 100 million dollars in 2008.

"We will bring in the money as and when we need it to develop our projects," said Rak Investment Authority CEO Khatar Massad.

Rakeen Development is a private joint stock property establishment launched in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the UAE, to tap RAK's thriving real estate market with an authorised capital of 800 million dollars.

Rakeen already has a two billion dollar aluminium plant in ] Andhra Pradesh and has also invested close to 100 million dollars for its ceramics facility in Andhra Pradesh.

Rakindo also plans to develop the country's first Marina in the east coast on the estuary of a river as well as various other projects across Chennai, Kumarakom and Cochin.

Rakindo has a land bank of about 4,000 acres at present and Mr Koneru said the company was looking at additional 5,000 acres of land for its projects.
Source: http://news.webindia123.com/news/Art...03/840165.html
Old December 31st, 2007, 10:23 AM   #132
sakrishna
BANNED

VAGAMON

Vagamon is an enchanting hill station on the Idukki-Kottayam border. With rolling knolls cloaked in emerald green, evergreen tea gardens, the mist embracing exquisite trees, cascading waterfalls, mist clad hilltops, Vagamon has no comparison.

One of the most beautiful places in Kottayam, Vagamon hill station is a beautiful place and a much sought after tourist destination. The hill station is located at a height of around 1100 meters above sea level. The steep slopes make it an ideal place for trekking and many trekkers are often seen here trekking on the hills. The lush green hills have a picturesque view of beautiful tea gardens, green meadows and valleys filled with mist. Known as one of the most literate place in Kerala, Wagamon hill station provides its visitors with the ultimate holiday experience and never ever fails to enthrall with its enchanting beauty.

Vagamon hill station is comprised of a beautiful series of hillocks, valleys and cascading waterfalls that make it the ideal getaway for tourists. Take a walk along the narrow, mist covered zigzag roads that wind up the hills and experience true bliss. For adventure seekers, there is an option of trekking, para gliding or rock climbing. The hill station has a chain of 3 beautiful hills called Thangal hill, Murugan hill and Kurismala that give an enchanting feel to this beautiful hill station.

Vagamon is not just any other verdant spot. Of course, you can get grassy hills, velvet lawns and cool mountain air in many other places but not the Vagamon kind; not just this exciting blend of religious mysticism and European legacy.

Like a lot of other beautiful things in life, Vagamon too has to be experienced, not read about or its stories merely listened to.
Kottayam railway station is the nearest railway station to Vagamon hills.

It is located 33 Kilometers away from Palai and about 60 KM from Kottayam.

Photocopyright:unknown

Paragliding in Vagamon
Visit:http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/04/17/s...1700780400.htm
Photo Copyright: unknown

Last edited by sakrishna; December 31st, 2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #133
sakrishna
BANNED

Bavens builders - SPLENDOUR villas project @ Kanjikkuzhi

[IMG]http://www.bave*******ers.com/images/villalarge.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #134
sakrishna
BANNED

Proposed Private bus stand @ Kanjikkuzhi - Designed by architect M.M.Philip, Kottayam
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #135
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 5829

Nice design. What are those three structures on the top?
How many pvt bus stands does kottayam have now?
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:23 AM   #136
sakrishna
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
Nice design. What are those three structures on the top?
How many pvt bus stands does kottayam have now?
Ithink those 3 structures are part of the bus stand cum market complex project.

At present there are 3 private bus stands within the municipal limits.
The one proposed @ Kanjikkuzhi, if becomes a reality will decongest the kanjikkuzhi junction which is a very busy area on the KK road(NH 220).
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #137
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 763

Really nice pictures of Vagamon , sakrisha !!!^

Yesterday i was there at Kottayam; The city really deserves a bypass road parallel to MC road, by crossing KK Road in the East.
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #138
sakrishna
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKPV View Post
Really nice pictures of Vagamon , sakrisha !!!^

Yesterday i was there at Kottayam; The city really deserves a bypass road parallel to MC road, by crossing KK Road in the East.
All credits to the respective photographers.

The thing is that even i've not been to wagamon. I 've planned to go there and to some other tourists spots of kottayam this year and will post pics, if possible within 6-7 months.

A flyover has been proposed to be built b/w kodimatha and nagampadom so that people coming from the southern part of M.C. road who want to go to EKM etc. need not enter the municipal area thereby avoiding traffic blocks.
But like all other projects in Kerala which commence without some protests, objections and controversies, this too is caught up in controversy. Those who were against the expressway saying that it would divide the state into two have started protesting against this project too. They say that the 'flyover will divide the town into 2 regions'..
The construction work is supposed to commence from july 2008.
Hope all the controversies regarding it will be over by then.
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #139
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Likes (Received): 61

Good work Sai

Quote:
All credits to the respective photographers.

The thing is that even i've not been to wagamon. I 've planned to go there and to some other tourists spots of kottayam this year and will post pics, if possible within 6-7 months.

A flyover has been proposed to be built b/w kodimatha and nagampadom so that people coming from the southern part of M.C. road who want to go to EKM etc. need not enter the municipal area thereby avoiding traffic blocks.
But like all other projects in Kerala which commence without some protests, objections and controversies, this too is caught up in controversy. Those who were against the expressway saying that it would divide the state into two have started protesting against this project too. They say that the 'flyover will divide the town into 2 regions'..
The construction work is supposed to commence from july 2008.
Hope all the controversies regarding it will be over by then.

But why you are silent for the past few days?
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #140
sakrishna
BANNED

Tanx jaleelikka.
I'm waiting for the important news regarding the commissioning of Kottayam inland port and container terminal, which will be commissioned in Feb/March this year.It will be the hub port for kottayam, pathanamthitta and idukki district and will be the first port under public-private participation in India.
A special Economic Zone by Kinfra will come up near the port.
But i'm afraid whether the ecological balance of that area near vembanad lake will get disturbed. The precious paddy fields of kumarakom, nattakom, vechoor, kallara, aymenem etc. should be protected and land mafia and real estate developers should not be allowed take over those paddy fields.
The authorities should also take necessary steps to protect kodoor river and meenachil reiver and their tributaries.
Also strict measures should be taken inorder to protect our forest resources.

I want the whole of india to develop but not at the cost of the rich greenery we have.

Tags
kottayam