search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #61
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam View Post
It is going to be a nightmare demolishing/reconstructing the present Pettah, uppidamudu, Thampanoor bridges for adding more lines between Pettah and Thampanoor and the numerous structures enroute.

Anyway there seems a need for a third line between Nemom & Kochuveli as part of Kollam TVC MEMU and the frequent shunting of empty coaches. How government and railways will find a way out is yet to be seen.

Precisely why I mentioned that the new line from Nedumangad to take alternate route to Nemom via outer eastern periphery of city. This also will take the load of passing freight trains instead of jamming the already congested central station further.
I had posted (during the previous week) a route from Nedumangad to Nemom (or even further upto Vizhinjam) via Aruvikkara, Cheriyakonni, Vilappilsala, Vilavoorkkal or Marukil, Malayam, Nemom and from there to Vizhinjam via Punnamood, Peringammala & Venganoor.

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #62
Reghu
Kollam Rising

Likes (Received): 8019

Calicut in World Class Category, Kottayam in Adarsh category

Great news for Kozhikode. Calicut is going to be elevated to world class. Sonia Gandhi has given order to Mamatha Banerjee regarding this. So, there will 3 stations from Kerala to be elevated to the world standard. Also, Kottayam has been included in the Adarsh station category.

Hope the authorities will list the other important stations in Kerala like Kollam, Trichur, and Kannur in the World Class/ Adarsh Category shortly as Kerala depends heavily on railways for passenger traffic.
Reghu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:51 AM   #63
beam

Likes (Received): 0

Good news Reghu, on Kozhikode station to be upgraded to world class.

I look forward to Kollam, Thrissur and Kannur upgraded to model stations next along with Kottayam.

Last edited by beam; July 8th, 2009 at 06:01 AM.
beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #64
beam

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaleelmalik View Post
I had posted (during the previous week) a route from Nedumangad to Nemom (or even further upto Vizhinjam) via Aruvikkara, Cheriyakonni, Vilappilsala, Vilavoorkkal or Marukil, Malayam, Nemom and from there to Vizhinjam via Punnamood, Peringammala & Venganoor.
How about Nedumangad to Nemom via Aruvikkara, Kachani, Peyad, Malayankizh?
This route may be more close to city outskirts. Iam not sure whether any survey has already been done before.
beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #65
pavamdoha

Likes (Received): 67

Quote:
Just wait and watch, I wont be surprised if more stops are allocated for this train in near future, courtesy our own manthri'ji.
yup.... the best eg is Rajadhani from Tvm to New delhi, when its started the stops are Clt and Knr only then direct to Delhi... Now I think almost all big stn it has stops....

We can check almost all trains travelling through Kerala,,people wants the stop in their door step otherwise they will blame the local authorities..

Last edited by pavamdoha; July 8th, 2009 at 03:57 PM.
pavamdoha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #66
pavamdoha

Likes (Received): 67

I got news about DYFI March in Knr Rly stn because of the Rly budget. DYFI want Thalasseri Mysur line in the budget and all....

There is nothing will happen if they march Knr Stn better if they march in Delhi of in front of Mamta's house.

They are just doing harrace to the travellors for the day...and just getting political gain in front of local people....
pavamdoha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #67
navjot
Proud to be an Indian

Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post
Great news for Kozhikode. Calicut is going to be elevated to world class. Sonia Gandhi has given order to Mamatha Banerjee regarding this. So, there will 3 stations from Kerala to be elevated to the world standard. Also, Kottayam has been included in the Adarsh station category.

Hope the authorities will list the other important stations in Kerala like Kollam, Trichur, and Kannur in the World Class/ Adarsh Category shortly as Kerala depends heavily on railways for passenger traffic.

OBVIOUSLY KOLLAM KANNUR AND TRISHUR STATIONS SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLESSED TOO AS THEY HANDLE MORE TRAFFIC THAN KOTTAYAM STATION....... BUT KOTTAYAMITES , I DONT MEAN ANY OFFENCE
navjot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #68
jayadevan_c

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reghu View Post

Reghu, I don’t know whether ‘Adarsh’ stations and model stations are same. But the Hindi word Adarsh is equivalent to English word model. Railway says that they have upgraded Kannur as a model station 1-2 years back. But we cannot see much improvements happened after this. But some happened. Length of the first platform has increased for 24 coach train. Besides the existing flyover to connect the platforms, one more flyover came. Granite laid on first platform. During my last visit to Kannur I could see that interlock tiles were spreading in the parking area. AC dormitory, Ac rest rooms for passengers etc were in the news at that time. I don’t know whether work finished or not even started. They are telling one more entrance will be made on the eastern side of the station and initial works started it seems. But all are very slow. So don’t expect much even if our stations are becoming Adarsh stations.

Last edited by jayadevan_c; July 8th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
jayadevan_c no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #69
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Quote:
How about Nedumangad to Nemom via Aruvikkara, Kachani, Peyad, Malayankizh?
This route may be more close to city outskirts. Iam not sure whether any survey has already been done before.
Both routes are the one and the same. The only thing is that I have used the names of the places close to as stated by you. Like, Pulimood & Statue, Bakery & Panavila.

Cheriyakonni for Kachani.
Marukil (is the former name for Malayinkil), Malayam is in Malayinkil.
Peyad belings to Vilappil Panchayat.
Vilavoorkkal is between Vilappil & Marukil (The road from Thirumala to Peyad/Thachottukave via Mangattukadave passes via Vilavoorkkal Panchayat). There is a road originating from the Mangattukadave-Thachottukave road and ending at the Pappanamcode-Malayam-Malayinkil road. All these locations belong to Vilavoorkkal.
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #70
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavamdoha View Post
yup.... the best eg is Rajadhani from Ekm to New delhi, when its started the stops are Clt and Knr only then direct to Delhi... Now I think almost all big stn it has stops....

We can check almost all trains travelling through Kerala,,people wants the stop in their door step otherwise they will blame the local authorities..

As far as I know, the Rajdhani Express Trains connect the State Capitals with the National capital. Accordingly, we have one from Trivandrum to New Delhi.

Is there another Rajadhani starting from Ernakulam? Or you meant about the Trivandrum-New Delhi only, which originally had stop at Ernakulam only. Later on, stops started increasing - Calicut, Shoranur, Kannur and so on. But I don't think, there is nothing wrong as far as these trains stop at major points in Kerala, but should be limited to the minimum possible extent.
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #71
navjot
Proud to be an Indian

Quote:
As far as I know, the Rajdhani Express Trains connect the State Capitals with the National capital. Accordingly, we have one from Trivandrum to New Delhi.

Is there another Rajadhani starting from Ernakulam? Or you meant about the Trivandrum-New Delhi only, which originally had stop at Ernakulam only. Later on, stops started increasing - Calicut, Shoranur, Kannur and so on. But I don't think, there is nothing wrong as far as these trains stop at major points in Kerala, but should be limited to the minimum possible extent.
rajdhani should stopa t important stations...stops at major stations do not affect the running time.............for eg...the tvm-delhi rajadhani,,leaves tvm at 1915 and does not have any stops till ernakulam , where it reaches by 2230..ie running time b/w tvm and ekm in 3hrs 15ins for rajdhani...

whereas tvm-ekm(now clt) janshatabdi leaves tvm by 625 hrs and has stops at varkala,kollam jn,kayamkulam jn,alappuzha and cherthala.still it reaches akm by 0950 hrs..ie running time frm tvm to ekm is 3 hrs 25 mins..

thus there is only a difference of 10 mins b/w the running times of nonstp rajdhani and , janshatabdi frm tvm to ekm

so i think the rajdhani allocated for a particular state should stop only at the important stations of that state alone.....once it leaves the particular state,it should hav only a few stops..so i think kerala rajdhani can hav stops at kollam and alappuzha too...
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #72
navjot
Proud to be an Indian

WHY DOESNT KOLLAM AND KANNUR FIGURE IN THIS LIST???

IT IS SHOCKING THAT KOLLAM JN AND KANNUR,2 IMPORTANT STATIONS IN KERALA AND SOUTHERN RAILWAYS , DOES NOT FIGURE IN THE LIST OF IMPORTANT STATIONS IN THE RAILWAY WEBSITE......

HERE IS THE LINK,CHECK OUT : http://www.indianrail.gov.in/inet_metro_trns.html

KOLLAM AND KANNUR DOESNT FIND A PLACE AMONG OTHER KERALA STATIONS LIKE ALUVA ALAPPUZHA KOTTAYAM AND OTHER STATIONS , WHICH FIGURE IN THE LIST
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #73
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Likes (Received): 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
For Railway, the profits come from freight traffic. Passeger fares are much subsidized.

For Palakkad division, the major contributor freight traffic is Mangalore from the Port as well as other industries and next is India Cements (?) at Walayar and the other Cement factory at Madukkarai (TN).
If that is the case sudheesh do you recommend Thrissur - Kollengode rail line high priorty ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
What is the relation with the industry/freight charge with this particular line??
insted More industries are based near to Coimbatore not in Pollachi

Quote:
Pollachi is an important town in Coimbatore District and a Taluk HQ. Pollachi is very close to Coimbatore. How far is Vadakara from Kozhikode ? 40 km ? Pollachi is not even as far as that - may be 32 or 34 km from Coimbatore. May be before the evolution of Tiruppur as a major textile / knitware hub in the late 80s, Pollachi was second only to Coimbatore. Pollachi has few industrial units too.

Pollachi has more agro-industries. However, the Thrissur-Kollengode line is not gonna connect Thrissur directly to Pollachi alone, as I had mentioned earlier (elsewhere in this forum) the other towns of Coimbatore District like Palladam, Udumalpet etc and the towns of the Dindigul District like Palani, Dharapuram, Oddanchadram, Bathlagundu, Kodaikanal etc shall be connected to the Central Kerala. Also it will benefit the people living on the eastern slopes of the westernghats - the rainshadow region of the Idukki District.

Logistics of Vegetables, Sugar Cane (Marayoor/Chittor) , Rice (Palladom to Ernakulam / Thrissur) etc shall be much easier. Also the entire stretch from Pollachi to Palani via Udumalpet is a textile belt having a good number of factories producing fabric.

Better connectivity to the tourist spots in Annamalais (Valparai, Parambikkulam, Upper Palani Hills (Kodaikanal) etc. Infact to reach Parambikulam in Kerala, we have to travel via the Pollachi taluk area for better access.
Quote:
What is the relation with the industry/freight charge with this particular line??
Quote:
My comment is just simple!!\\

is that line should get a most important status or not??

there is lot of such towns & cities are there in TN, is all such towns have to connect to nearest kerala cities by different different rail lines???

And what is the status of present day line connecting Pollachi & Palakkad
I read somewhere that it is uneconomical due to some reason. If colturally more close Palakkad line is uneconomical then what will be the future of new line???

As this is a route which can connect directly from Guruvayur to Madhurai and Palani Hills two MAJOR temple towns in southindia with Lot of freight traffic contributor in between as (Thrissur, Nenmara, Govindapuram, Valparai, Parambikkulam, Palladam, Udumalpet, Marayoor/Chittor ).

I sure this project which is not given much of an hype now.. If implemented.. can provide to much for TN and Kerala.

Vinod

Last edited by vinod_2007; July 8th, 2009 at 02:49 PM.
vinod_2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #74
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by navjot View Post
rajdhani should stopa t important stations...stops at major stations do not affect the running time.............for eg...the tvm-delhi rajadhani,,leaves tvm at 1915 and does not have any stops till ernakulam , where it reaches by 2230..ie running time b/w tvm and ekm in 3hrs 15ins for rajdhani...

whereas tvm-ekm(now clt) janshatabdi leaves tvm by 625 hrs and has stops at varkala,kollam jn,kayamkulam jn,alappuzha and cherthala.still it reaches akm by 0950 hrs..ie running time frm tvm to ekm is 3 hrs 25 mins..

thus there is only a difference of 10 mins b/w the running times of nonstp rajdhani and , janshatabdi frm tvm to ekm

so i think the rajdhani allocated for a particular state should stop only at the important stations of that state alone.....once it leaves the particular state,it should hav only a few stops..so i think kerala rajdhani can hav stops at kollam and alappuzha too...
Am I correct by stating that the Rajadhani reaches Ernakulam via Kottayam?
Also at this time, there are many Trains coming towards Trivandrum, which makes the journey still slower, while in the morning, the Jan Shatabdi has to face minimum number of such hurdles.
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #75
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Rajadhani from Trivandrum to ERS via Kottayam or Alappuzha ?

Trivandrum-New Delhi actually started itse service via Alappuzha. Since then it was a topic that was being debated. Kottayamites wanted the train to run via Kottayam and to have a stop there in their town. I am not aware about the current status. Can somebody update, please?
From the Time Table & route maps, it is not clear as neither Kottayam nor Alappzuha do have a halt for this train.

Please go through some of the discussions those were happening in another forum related to railways. Click the link, please.

Quote:
Also at this time, there are many Trains coming towards Trivandrum, which makes the journey still slower, while in the morning, the Jan Shatabdi has to face minimum number of such hurdles.
vasanth

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ravi wrote:

That is why, I said, better this 2431/32 can be run via KTYM, providing a halt for it there. KTYM will have patronage for this rajdhani. The Garib rath can be run once a week via ALLP.

Thats what i wanted to convey. If 2431/2432 is rerouted via KTYM and also given a stop there, it would be more beneficial.

I had been to ALLP (Thagazhi temple) and CNGR-KTYM Belt also. I observe KTYM belt has more potential.

Tell me, Ravi why do you stress so much on rerouting GR via ALLP. ALLP has already been pampered a lot with many trains. Let KTYM get benefits now.

http://indianrailways.informe.com/fo...-dt255-15.html
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #76
navjot
Proud to be an Indian

Quote:
no it runs via allp
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #77
navjot
Proud to be an Indian

Quote:
IT IS SHOCKING THAT KOLLAM JN AND KANNUR,2 IMPORTANT STATIONS IN KERALA AND SOUTHERN RAILWAYS , DOES NOT FIGURE IN THE LIST OF IMPORTANT STATIONS IN THE RAILWAY WEBSITE......

HERE IS THE LINK,CHECK OUT : http://www.indianrail.gov.in/inet_metro_trns.html

KOLLAM AND KANNUR DOESNT FIND A PLACE AMONG OTHER KERALA STATIONS LIKE ALUVA ALAPPUZHA KOTTAYAM AND OTHER STATIONS , WHICH FIGURE IN THE LIST
pls dont ignore this
Old July 8th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #78
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Quote:
no it runs via allp
Then it must be the track to train ratio factor at evening hours that reduces the speed of Rajdhani.
Old July 8th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #79
navjot
Proud to be an Indian

Quote:
Then it must be the track to train ratio factor at evening hours that reduces the speed of Rajdhani.
ok then on the way back rajadhani leaves ekm by 0150 hrs and it reaches tvpm only by 0545 hrs!!!! running time is 4 hrs!!!! u cant say incoming traffic from tvm is high during the early hours......
Old July 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #80
vinod_2007
Son of Paul A Therattil

Likes (Received): 512

Quote:
Quote:
If this is the case, we will stop all our discussions here. We will just have the Palakkad-Coimbatore, Quilon-Shencottah & Trivandrum-Nagercoil to connect with Tamil Nadu. Please under stand that we live in a Consumer State, where pins to aeroplanes (uppu thottu karpooram vare ennu Malayalam) have to come from a neighboring State, mostly TN, followed by Karanataka & AP.

It is not a question of connecting each town ot TN to every City in Kerala, but to provide access to travellers to tourist & religious destinations in both the States. Also, these routes will serve as cargo corridors between the different zones in Kerala with Tamil Nadu Cities & Towns which are production & distribution centres of Agricultural & Industrial produce & products.
Well Said ... Thanks

Vinod
vinod_2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
kerala railway projects