search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #21
25Dude25
The Royal Capital
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore/Dubai
Posts: 4,009
Likes (Received): 2037

My small contribution to this thread..

Speedway Inn, Kasaragod


Last edited by 25Dude25; August 24th, 2009 at 08:36 AM.
25Dude25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #22
25Dude25
The Royal Capital
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore/Dubai
Posts: 4,009
Likes (Received): 2037

Highway Castle, Kasaragod

25Dude25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #23
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,482
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabuCS View Post
@Jayadevan Nice pictures of the Bekal, Exotic!!

@Jaleel Ha ..Ha..Ha, I just thought that Kasaragod is already in the educational map of India and so we must provide inputs about the area to the world.

Nice if you could share some old pictures of Kasaragod from your visits in the 80s,90s!!
@ Jayadevan, Thanx for the complement.

@ Babu, Sorry - no digital pictures with me. May be I have to search for the pictures in my personal album at home. May be later, while I am @ Trivandrum.

BTW, I appreciate the guy who named a prominent place in Kasaragod as 'Vidhya Nagar'. May be this guy once had a vision that one day Kasaragod shall be achieving great heights in education ("vidhya").

@ Dude, Kasaragod poyittillenkil entha, kayyil illatha padangal illallo.
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #24
kayestee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London/Kasaragod
Posts: 286
Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaleelmalik View Post
@ Jayadevan, Thanx for the complement.

@ Babu, Sorry - no digital pictures with me. May be I have to search for the pictures in my personal album at home. May be later, while I am @ Trivandrum.

BTW, I appreciate the guy who named a prominent place in Kasaragod as 'Vidhya Nagar'. May be this guy once had a vision that one day Kasaragod shall be achieving great heights in education ("vidhya").

@ Dude, Kasaragod poyittillenkil entha, kayyil illatha padangal illallo.
BabuCs
Thanks for starting this thread. I should have done this long time ago being born and brought up in Kasaragod. Sometimes it requires an outsider to get things started.

JaleelMalik,

I too was in that campooree ( 1979 ) at the Government College , Vidya Nagar . Vidya Nagar is the recent name of the place mainly used after Government college started functioning from there. The old name of the place ( I do not know if that was the official name ) was KunhiMavindeAdi . There was a small mango tree right in front of the College. I presume there was a bigger mango tree further along the NH17.

I 'm afraid I do not have any new pictures of the town . I will have to get some of my folks in kasaragod to get into the thick of the action. Still , I will see if I can get some old pictures of Kasaragod.
kayestee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #25
25Dude25
The Royal Capital
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore/Dubai
Posts: 4,009
Likes (Received): 2037

Thanks Jaleelji... thought of just giving a small encouragement when I read BabuCS' introduction words.

Hope the native members would contribute more for this thread

Fashion Gold Mahal, Kasaragod
25Dude25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #26
25Dude25
The Royal Capital
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore/Dubai
Posts: 4,009
Likes (Received): 2037

Resort @ Bekal









Courtesy: TPV architects, Trivandrum

Last edited by 25Dude25; August 25th, 2009 at 01:25 PM.
25Dude25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 04:53 AM   #27
BabuCS
C. S. Babu
 
BabuCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,292
Likes (Received): 203

@ kayestee: my pleasure .. I can understand the nostalgia being away from your hometown for a long time. Looking forward to see some old pictures of Kasaragod from you.

@25Dude25 : Dude, you rock as always, thanks !! Indeed Kaavya's face is an amalgamation of the enchanting natural beauty of Kasaragod .. thanks for highlighting that.
BabuCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #28
BabuCS
C. S. Babu
 
BabuCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,292
Likes (Received): 203

cross posted from Thrisuur Thread
Rajesh SM
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 492
World class University in Thrissur
New proposed world class central university will be established in Thrissur. This was reported by yesterday's Deshabhimani



W H A T ? ??
BabuCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #29
25Dude25
The Royal Capital
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore/Dubai
Posts: 4,009
Likes (Received): 2037

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayestee View Post
The old name of the place ( I do not know if that was the official name ) was KunhiMavindeAdi . There was a small mango tree right in front of the College. I presume there was a bigger mango tree further along the NH17.
KunhiMavindeAdi.....that sounds a very innocent and cute word.

Thanks Babu and you are welcome too
25Dude25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #30
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K
 
Aslesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kannur
Posts: 8,870
Likes (Received): 6045

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabuCS View Post
cross posted from Thrisuur Thread
Rajesh SM
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 492
World class University in Thrissur
New proposed world class central university will be established in Thrissur. This was reported by yesterday's Deshabhimani



W H A T ? ??
That is "world class" central university allotted to Kochi. The one coming in Kasargod is central university allotted to Kerala. Both are different.
__________________
Kannur - "തറികളുടെയും തിറകളുടെയും നാട്" - The Land of Looms and Lores
Kerala Real Estate Kannur Tourism Census India 2011
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #31
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger
 
jaleelmalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum (Cantonment) / Dubai / Jeddah
Posts: 1,482
Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayestee View Post
BabuCs
Thanks for starting this thread. I should have done this long time ago being born and brought up in Kasaragod. Sometimes it requires an outsider to get things started.

JaleelMalik,

I too was in that campooree ( 1979 ) at the Government College , Vidya Nagar . Vidya Nagar is the recent name of the place mainly used after Government college started functioning from there. The old name of the place ( I do not know if that was the official name ) was KunhiMavindeAdi . There was a small mango tree right in front of the College. I presume there was a bigger mango tree further along the NH17.

I 'm afraid I do not have any new pictures of the town . I will have to get some of my folks in kasaragod to get into the thick of the action. Still , I will see if I can get some old pictures of Kasaragod.

Once again.. the world is getting smaller.
BTW, it was at Kasaragod that I found 'Purdah' wearing Muslim women for the first time in my life.
Hundreds of Muslim ladies who had covered their face used to cross the College ground. At some nights, it was a scare for some of my camp mates.
__________________
Trivandrum - India's Evergreen City
jaleelmalik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:03 AM   #32
25Dude25
The Royal Capital
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore/Dubai
Posts: 4,009
Likes (Received): 2037

City Gold, Kasaragod

25Dude25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #33
25Dude25
The Royal Capital
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore/Dubai
Posts: 4,009
Likes (Received): 2037

Global Public School, Kasaragod







25Dude25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #34
BabuCS
C. S. Babu
 
BabuCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,292
Likes (Received): 203

Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, update



See link below for an updated news on KCU, Kasaragod.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/s...OVZOOEmts&SEO=
BabuCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #35
jayadevan_c
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: KANNUR
Posts: 636
Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabuCS View Post


See link below for an updated news on KCU, Kasaragod.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/s...OVZOOEmts&SEO=

Really great news for Kerala in general and north malabar in particular.
jayadevan_c no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #36
kayestee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London/Kasaragod
Posts: 286
Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayadevan_c View Post
Really great news for Kerala in general and north malabar in particular.
Yes once this institution starts full fledged courses it should help students from Kasaragod and Kannur districts. The report does not say whether the science and humanities departments will have under graduate course along side graduate courses. At present , Govt. college is the only hope for under graduate courses. I hope this university does not see the usual political wrangle when it comes to administration like the other universities in Kerala .
kayestee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #37
RKPV
GeoStatic
 
RKPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,285
Likes (Received): 763

After Thalassey and Iritty Oceanus now coming to Kasaragod

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/php/newFr...ory_id=7&Farc=
RKPV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #38
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K
 
Aslesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kannur
Posts: 8,870
Likes (Received): 6045

Yes ads with rendering had already appeared in newspapers and hoardings. I thought they will update their website soon but they didn't.
__________________
Kannur - "തറികളുടെയും തിറകളുടെയും നാട്" - The Land of Looms and Lores
Kerala Real Estate Kannur Tourism Census India 2011
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #39
Arunchandran
Registered User
 
Arunchandran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 256
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslesh View Post
Yes ads with rendering had already appeared in newspapers and hoardings. I thought they will update their website soon but they didn't.
[IMG]http://i33.************/2l91t87.jpg[/IMG]
Arunchandran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #40
sudheeshnairs
Registered User
 
sudheeshnairs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore
Posts: 8,828
Likes (Received): 34

Some goof up is there with the perspective of the project.

That is 'Sreedhanya Apex' which is u/c in Vellayambalam, Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
Sree Dhanya Apex

12 floors
Vellayambalam-Sasthamangalam Road
Developer: Sree Dhanya Estates
Architect: Muralee Associates

sudheeshnairs no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu